PDA

View Full Version : Does Big Show deserve a World Title run??

Yano88
06-18-2011, 01:50 AM
For me the answer is yes!

I definetely want to see another run of Big Show as World Champ!

Last night at Smackdown I saw that this guy can entertain a lot plus he received well response from the crowd.
His last single title, if I remember correctly, was the ECW Championship.

I think he is World Heavyweight material... I like this guy, I like his promos, I like when he gets mad and starts destrying things... If I was a part of the WWE creative I would do this:

At the next PPV the WWE Championship goes to Del Rio and then starts a feud Del Rio vs Big Show with the title on the line.

What do you guys think of Big Show?
Does he deserve another major title run or he is fine where he is now (mid-card and putting other people over)?

SilverGhost
06-18-2011, 01:52 AM
http://www.mediaman.com.au/profiles/wight.jpg

THE_CRIPPLER
06-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Nooo... his other reigns were worthless and so would the next one, it just throw the main event off balance.

Snair
06-18-2011, 01:57 AM
I would say no. His in ring work isnt great although he was good during his initial years in WWE. He would be effective in putting over promising newcomers like Del rio

TwoTone
06-18-2011, 01:59 AM
I like Show but I dont really want to see him as champ. And I CANT STAND the fact that he is allowed to use a closed fist as a finishing move when everyone else is told not to use closed fist strikes. WWE has a real knack for selective rule enforcement anymore

SESAfro
06-18-2011, 02:01 AM
I would say yes. He can still look convicing and can dominate with the world title around his waist. But more towards the end of the year though. It would be nice to see Show defend the title at Royal Rumble.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
06-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Big Show is one of the most respect wrestlers today. That goes without saying. Sadly, I have to say no. His time has passed as world champion. His main role right now is to help put over the young and upcoming talents.

jordan1995
06-18-2011, 02:07 AM
i would say definatly not due to the fact he no sells nearly everyting (but he is huge to be fair ) and imo does not keep me entertained

Lowki
06-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Heel yes. Big, goofy comedy guy, no. I hate face show.

Enforcer23
06-18-2011, 02:28 AM
heel id give him a go might be good to have a vetern like big show carry a world title....as a face i dont think he would pull it off...what i do see happening in wwe is him being the mid carder putting people over

sincara
06-18-2011, 02:43 AM
yes show is entertaining and he should have 1 last run before he retires

Taxi Driver
06-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Let Big Show have one more title run before he retires, pleaz.

cainecollin
06-18-2011, 02:47 AM
I like Show but I dont really want to see him as champ. And I CANT STAND the fact that he is allowed to use a closed fist as a finishing move when everyone else is told not to use closed fist strikes. WWE has a real knack for selective rule enforcement anymore

There is no real rule against the closed fist thing anymore, I mean occasionally a ref might admonish a wrestler, but The King was using them a lot during his last few matches, regal uses them and most other people do, with moves such as the lou thesz press and such. But as for the admonishment, they do the same thing with stomps or when the person gets really aggressive in the ring too.

K-Jammin
06-18-2011, 03:46 AM
I think he deserve's it, but i wouldn't like to see it personally.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-18-2011, 03:59 AM
I'd like to see it. A solid 6 month HEEL run. Just one final hurrah and there we go. Let him go out with a big shot.

Yano88
06-18-2011, 06:06 AM
I would love to see Show with the major belt one last time...

I think he deserves it... He is one of the few that, no matter what he does or what he is (face or heel) he always entertains me.
Actually I'm looking forward to his match with Del Rio this Sunday.
I want to see where this story ends up...

LMPunker
06-18-2011, 06:13 AM
i would say no barring some injury to orton,christian and sheamus and they need a goto champ on sd with bryan and sin cara not ready yet but then kane would be my first choice but the odds of all 3 of those getting injured at the same time is unlikey

tad locust
06-18-2011, 06:17 AM
He deserves 1 last world title reign like Kane got last year.He still has a few good years in him and still gets decent reactions from the crowd.The reign would have to be as a heel though because Show is lame as a face.

Manabu
06-18-2011, 06:52 AM
only as a heel, as a face he's the kinda guy who pokes fun at himself to get a reaction, and it's just not funny
I don't rate him in the ring much either but he I could see him putting on a good brawl style match with sheamus

The Animal Batista
06-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Yes i think he does. Especially the way he is gimmicking now, i think he would be an awesome champion.

Stihltygre
06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
i like big show, but honestly he doesn't NEED a title run to be dominant, he can add to the energy of what ever brand he's on by being ... well BIG... using him top put over talent is effective because of his size, no one will consider him a joke ( Kali) because he CAN move ( past few times he's shown up have proven he still as some speed in him), i would really like to see them let him move some more, both He and Kane have a lot more agility than they sell i'd love to see that a bit more. but no i don't think there is any good reason to put a title on him again except as a reward for being a stable worker, and that's not why titles exist.

AOF666
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
I think he should as a heel. If he has a long title run, he could put over a new face. Not Cena or Orton they don't need it.

Y2Jryder
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
He deserves one. But there are so many guys who deserve a title reign so i hope he gets a short title reign before he retires.

The Natural
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I would say yes but only if he turns heel or at least acts like a beast. Right now he seems like the perfect man for a champion because he acts sorta crazy after the "car incident". When he is face he really doesnt fit in as well because he is a big guy......I mean if you look back all of his world championship runs were as a heel.

Daffy Duck's Finest
06-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I know that it's crazy talk, but I'd love to see a Big Show title run against an heel-turned Cena. I think that, if they played it right, it could be similar to the Big Show/ Lesnar feud from a few year ago (but in reverse, ie. Lesnar was the face in that feud).

monctonvike
06-18-2011, 02:19 PM
He had a couple runs all ready, if he gets another they should make the most of it, that I quit match with cena was pretty grosse