PDA

View Full Version : the most popular games console

sincara
06-12-2011, 09:55 AM
finally what is the most popular games console if you dont have 1 of these please vote for the 1 you like best
so ps3 vs any version of the ds
cast your votes now
ps3 or ds
btw these were the winners of the other 2 threads i posted on this topic

sincara
06-12-2011, 09:56 AM
i vote ps3

eboy
06-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I Went PS3 but i think some people will be upset theres no X-Box

SnaggleTooth
06-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I said DS because

(1) you can't take a PS3 on a plane with you, at least the way you'd want to

(2) the R4 card

sincara
06-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I Went PS3 but i think some people will be upset theres no X-Box

in the 1 where ps3 went against xbox ps3 beat it so not my problem its other peoples problems for not voting fot xbox in the 1st place if they are upset bout it

North Vegas Benny
06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
in the 1 where ps3 went against xbox ps3 beat it so not my problem its other peoples problems for not voting fot xbox in the 1st place if they are upset bout it

I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you did your polls you should have done 1 for home consoles and 1 for hand held. Because a home console will always be better due to being able to do more, but a hand held devise is convienient for killing time when away from your home console. Well thats my opinion others may disagree.

Back on topic: I voted for the ds, because I'm kinda a Nintendo fanboy. I have had every system (except the 3ds waiting for the price to drop)

sincara
06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you did your polls you should have done 1 for home consoles and 1 for hand held. Because a home console will always be better due to being able to do more, but a hand held devise is convienient for killing time when away from your home console. Well thats my opinion others may disagree.

i did 1 with ps3 v xbox
and 1 with psp v ds and wii ( wii thrown in as a wildcard)
so i was just seeing what was the most popular and ps3 and ds won so seeing which is the most popular overall

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Xbox360 or SNES.

Tommy Thunder
06-12-2011, 03:35 PM
No contest really is it. PS3 pwns all 7th generation consoles!!

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
No contest really is it. PS3 pwns all 7th generation consoles!!

Umm, no.

Despite being "more powerful" the majority of the multiplat games look better on the 360 because the developers build them on the 360 and port them over to PS3. This applies to graphics as well as load times.

PS3 is a copy cat. Just look at Move and Trophies. Enough said.

Mandatory game installs are about the stupidest thing in the history of video games. I don't even know how long it took to play LBP for the first time. Had to install. Then update. Then install the update. I probably waited 45 minutes just to see an opening scene.

I've owned my PS3 for maybe 3 months and it's frozen on me about 4 times AT LEAST. I've had my 360 for over 2 years and it's probably froze about 4 times as well.

I had 15 dollars stolen off my iTunes account a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's because of the PSN hack attacks in which my personal information was compromised, something MS has never done, at least not to me personally.

The online service is complete garbage, even more so when you compare it to XBL.

The 360 controller is one of the best controllers ever designed. I feel like I'm going to break that tiny Dualshock 3, and the analog sticks can't be moved to a smaller and more accurate degree than the 360 sticks.

Xbox has Indie Games where you can find a buttload of great games for anywhere between 1 to 3 dollars, if you know what you're looking for.

SnaggleTooth
06-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Umm, no.

The 360 controller is one of the best controllers ever designed. I feel like I'm going to break that tiny Dualshock 3, and the analog sticks can't be moved to a smaller and more accurate degree than the 360 sticks.

Hey at least you had a Dualshock controller. When I bought my PS3 they packaged it with that crappy SixAxiS POS.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Better than the original Boomerang controller they showed off at E3 before it came out.

SnaggleTooth
06-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Better than the original Boomerang controller they showed off at E3 before it came out.

I was hoping for the boomerang so when I fight crime I could also earn PS3 achievements (awards, trophies, whatever they're called I forget).

Tommy Thunder
06-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Umm, no.

Despite being "more powerful" the majority of the multiplat games look better on the 360 because the developers build them on the 360 and port them over to PS3. This applies to graphics as well as load times.

PS3 is a copy cat. Just look at Move and Trophies. Enough said.

Mandatory game installs are about the stupidest thing in the history of video games. I don't even know how long it took to play LBP for the first time. Had to install. Then update. Then install the update. I probably waited 45 minutes just to see an opening scene.

I've owned my PS3 for maybe 3 months and it's frozen on me about 4 times AT LEAST. I've had my 360 for over 2 years and it's probably froze about 4 times as well.

I had 15 dollars stolen off my iTunes account a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's because of the PSN hack attacks in which my personal information was compromised, something MS has never done, at least not to me personally.

The online service is complete garbage, even more so when you compare it to XBL.

Xbox has Indie Games where you can find a buttload of great games for anywhere between 1 to 3 dollars, if you know what you're looking for.

I've owned my PS3 for 10 months, and it hasn't frozen once (It's one of the old chunky PS3's and it's second hand).

I didn't suffer at all from the PSN hack (I count myself extremely lucky for this).

PSN is better than XBL, despite what you say. The fact that it's free alone makes it better.

I don't have any problem with the Playstation controller. You can move the analogue stick to accurate positions.

Playstation also has a selection of retro, 'old school' original playstation games available for very little money.

The Playstation 3 IMO is better than the Xbox 360.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I've owned my PS3 for 10 months, and it hasn't frozen once (It's one of the old chunky PS3's and it's second hand).

I didn't suffer at all from the PSN hack (I count myself extremely lucky for this).

PSN is better than XBL, despite what you say. The fact that it's free alone makes it better.

I don't have any problem with the Playstation controller. You can move the analogue stick to accurate positions.

Playstation also has a selection of retro, 'old school' original playstation games available for very little money.

The Playstation 3 IMO is better than the Xbox 360.

Xbox has a selection of old original Xbox games too.

The sticks on the Dualshock ARE NOT as accurate as the 360's. That's fact, not opinion. This only really affects shooters, so if they aren't your thing then it's not a big deal. The controller is fine for pretty much every other genre, but the 360 one is still better.

PSN being better than XBL is downright funny. They are worse precisely because it's free.

Before I'm accused of fanboyism I have both consoles. Do you?

RomanFlare
06-12-2011, 07:11 PM

The sticks on the Dualshock ARE NOT as accurate as the 360's. That's fact, not opinion. This only really affects shooters, so if they aren't your thing then it's not a big deal. The controller is fine for pretty much every other genre, but the 360 one is still better.

PSN being better than XBL is downright funny. They are worse precisely because it's free.

I've owned both and plan to get another PS3 here soon. PSN is both free and surprisingly free of dickish brats. Xbox 360 is just more owned by my friends. And the reason I'm getting another PS3 is for the exclusives. I miss GoWIII, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Team Ico, Naughty Dog, and MLB The Show (Seriously, FUCK YOU 2K. Your games suck ass).

Tommy Thunder
06-12-2011, 07:15 PM

I have a PS3, and one of my housemates (of 3 years) has a 360. I love the 360, don't get me wrong.In fact, I probably play on my mate's 360 equally as much as my PS3 (only because I only have 4 games). But, my friend agrees with me that the fact that PS3 users don't have to pay for online, is a big bonus. He's very jealous that I can play online whenever I want, while he has to pay for online.
I don't find anything wrong with the online service of the PS3.
As for the controller, I play shooting games (COD mainly, and Tomb Raider), and I don't find the sticks inaccurate. Maybe it's because I've had a Playstation all my life and I'm used to it. But that's the way I see it.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I've always thought the "You have to pay for XBL" argument didn't hold much water. It breaks down to about 5 bucks a month and if you can afford a 300 dollar machine and 60 dollar games, you really shouldn't be bitching about it's price.

As far as PSN itself goes, you get less bratty pricks because no one has a fucking mic. Usually one or two guys have one in the entire room.

PS3 has a few exclusives I'm interested in. Only played GoW1, have 2, so it'll be awhile before I feel the need to pick up 3. Metal Gear is one of my favorite franchises so I have to agree there, but everything else blows. LBP is okay if you want to play something with your girlfriend, I don't give a shit about Uncharted, and everything else has some multiplat counterpart that does a better job.

Tommy Thunder
06-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I've always thought the "You have to pay for XBL" argument didn't hold much water. It breaks down to about 5 bucks a month and if you can afford a 300 dollar machine and 60 dollar games, you really shouldn't be bitching about it's price.

As far as PSN itself goes, you get less bratty pricks because no one has a fucking mic. Usually one or two guys have one in the entire room.

PS3 has a few exclusives I'm interested in. Only played GoW1, have 2, so it'll be awhile before I feel the need to pick up 3. Metal Gear is one of my favorite franchises so I have to agree there, but everything else blows. LBP is okay if you want to play something with your girlfriend, I don't give a shit about Uncharted, and everything else has some multiplat counterpart that does a better job.

GT pwns Forza ;)

RomanFlare
06-12-2011, 07:39 PM

Alas, Naughty Dog has fallen from their Jak and Daxter roots. :/

I don't mind paying for Xbox Live, I really don't. I'm just saying I much prefered the online community of the PSN. Also, I have a strong personal vendetta against Halo.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Alas, Naughty Dog has fallen from their Jak and Daxter roots. :/

I don't mind paying for Xbox Live, I really don't. I'm just saying I much prefered the online community of the PSN. Also, I have a strong personal vendetta against Halo.

Yet Halo doesn't even know you exist.

GT pwns Forza ;)

I'm not really into racing games except for Burnout and Mario Kart, but from what I've read on a few game sites (I'm a junkie and go to quite a few) from both the writers and the comments Forza 4 looks like it's going to be the greatest racing sim to date, period.

RomanFlare
06-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Yet Halo doesn't even know you exist.

Yeah, I usually take out the vendetta on its players.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I think you just suck at Halo.

RomanFlare
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
I think you just suck at Halo.

It's been so long since I last played Halo (Halo 2), I probably do. I'm above average on Call of Duty though.

Necroyeti
06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
(2) the R4 card
This.

Also, the DS homebrew scene is fucking amazing. Handheld ScummVM and Quake should be experienced by everyone.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
It's been so long since I last played Halo (Halo 2), I probably do. I'm above average on Call of Duty though.

Not a big fan of military shooters. Give me lasers, aliens, and zombies before another boring old human soldier. Dying in 2.5 bullets is retarded too.

RomanFlare
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Not a big fan of military shooters. Give me lasers, aliens, and zombies before another boring old human soldier. Dying in 2.5 bullets is retarded too.

I'm the exact opposite. Then again, Halo is heavily based (symbolically) on the Spartans and Persians. Also, the Nazis, but hey, that (probably) wasn't intended.

sincara
06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
And your winner the ps3

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I own all systems (360, Wii, Ps3, Kinect) and i rarly play games... the reason i say PS3 over Xbox is cause of things like it had Blue-ray on it back when Blu-ray p;ayers were $1,200 and it has 3D also, its a much more powerful machine.......... but i love the WII.... how can you beat Mario Gaxlaxy 2, best game i ever played

TheBeardOfZeus
06-20-2011, 01:06 PM
GT pwns Forza ;)

Sorry TT, my brother is the biggest motorhead, has both consoles, and says deifiantly that even Forza 2 is better than GT5.

And he's 100% completed Forza 2 and 3, and GT5, so I believe he has the best advice.

TheBeardOfZeus
06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
The best thing the PS3 has that Xbox doesn't is the Blu-Ray player.