PDA

View Full Version : Which WWE superstar should be released outright?

AndyWonder
09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I know wrestlers not on the main roster stay with the company to become trainers (Finlay, and apparently now Jillian Hall), but who do you think should be released? Matt Hardy is my answer, because he really has no more usefulness there. And he is either now already gone or still trying to get gone.

NightWolf
09-27-2010, 04:12 PM
The Great Khali.

WilliamJames
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Hornswoggle. He does not really seem to be putting many people in their seats at the arenas world wide, and the only way I could see this guy staying around would be if they were just teaching him to speak because Theodore Long was prepping Hornswoggle for the GM position on Raw with the computer being his way of communication for the time being.

Necroyeti
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
My personal shitlist:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2388/shitlist.png
Thought there'd be a lot more actually. I kinda like the WWE roster atm

WWTNA
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Primo should be realeased because he isn't that good

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I have seen the Great Khali live and in person a few times and seeing him was worth the price of admission. The guy is a freak, tv does him no justice. When he walks to the ring everyone in the arena stands up and stares and cant believe their eyes. Pro rasslin has always had giants even though his wrestling ability is poor he is the attraction so i wouldn't let him go. As for hornswoggle he is an attraction too. I can count on one hand the times in my life i have seen a little person and that my friend is sad. Little people are awesome in their own unique way and i feel the more people that see a little person they will not think of them so much as a circus act but as just another person that happend to get the short end of the stick. HAHAHAHAHA Seriously who doesn't like little people? I know there is a lot of hate going around for Matt Hardy and his grapes but i find his little videos extremely funny. He has heart for this business and no one can take that from him or his grapes. If he wasn't doing these grape eating videos would the rasslin community be taking about Matt hardy, probably not. So i for one am looking forward to seeing him eat grapes again on the next video, the sooner the better. As for Vladimir Kozlov i say again the wwe should keep him as well as long as he is a heel. Is there anything in this world scarier that a pissed off Russian, I think not. Ok maybe a drunk pissed off Russian but the wwe is pg so that isn't happening. In the end I think they should keep the talent they have and just make better storylines so the talent can shine and show why they made it to the big time in the first place. U MAD???

tantrum
09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree with IPEEINTHESHOWER, keep the talent, get better writers and better storylines, granted we are in the PG era but that doesn't mean the storylines have to suck, build some good storylines and let the talent shine!

The Hipster
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
There are a couple that come to mind because I like most of the roster right now.
1) Alicia Fox - just awful in the ring and on he mic. How dod she hold the title but not Gail Kim?
2) David Otunga - he's just bad
3) Drew McIntyer - I just don't see him being that good

$$$ Maker
09-27-2010, 07:40 PM
I think Matt Hardy should just leave he gets in my nerves to much.
And Also all the NXT Season 3 Rookies, I mean They all just suck
They can't wrestle and they should go back to the kitchen to make
my dinner!

eyehatecena
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Alisha Fox- yeah I agree----there is no way in hell she should have got the title. Maybe she is dating someone higher up- she is horrible in the ring and on the mic.
Kahli- I am ok with. They do not use him alot- as long as WWE does not gibe a big push, I am ok with him- don't get rid pf him.
Matt Hardy- I do not hate the guy at all, just think WWE never really used him that well. He just needs to leave like it seems he wants to do- take time off. Then come back- to WWE, TNA, or ROH or even Japan or Mexico
Hornswoggle- Midgets are very cool in my book- I just do not see any futre storylines that he could be used in- he has just run his course

IrkenInvader
09-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Alicia Fox should never have been signed in the first place. Khali sucks at wrestling, he actually killed a man when botched a back drop. Santino is funny, I say keep him. The majority of Nexus, keep Barrett and Gabriel.

pauldwku
09-27-2010, 10:00 PM
1.Primo-not being used enough, not a draw without Carlito
2.Yoshi-OK, but I don't see him being anything more than he is now, which is nothing
3.Zach Ryder-This one is just my personal opinion, stuck with a terrible gimmick, becoming a joke
4.Bella Twins-Drop them for a couple divas in developmental that are better wrestlers
5.Chris Masters-Never know why Vince rehired him.
6.JTG-Shad carried Cryme Tyme, without him, there isn't much he can do.
7.Matt Hardy-For obvious reasons, or at least get him the help he needs
8.Rosa Mendes-Rid some of the fluff from the divas division
9.Tiffany-Embarrased the company due to her actions
10.Todd Grisham-I can't stand him, give Matthews a chance to do Smackdown with Striker

Necroyeti
09-27-2010, 10:04 PM
JTG and Primo had a great match together on superstars just last week. I'm rather fond of 'em.

SilverGhost
09-27-2010, 10:09 PM
my personal shitlist:
thought there'd be a lot more actually. I kinda like the wwe roster atm

i laughed at this!

merhardt03
09-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Matt Hardy. Alicia Fox Rosa Mendes. The Bella Twins. Hornswoggle. Khali & Ranjin. Primo. JTG. Tiffany. Zack Ryder. Yoshi Tatsu. Heath Slater. Skip Sheffield. Michael Tarver. Darren Young. And definitely Luke Gallows and Tyler Reks.

hystrix
09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
My personal shitlist:

Racist.

So apparently you are against Black people, Italians, East Indians, Midgets, Douchebags, Homosexuals, and Russians... great.

J/k

Actually, I don't like it when anyone is relesed. I kind of agree with IPEEINTHESHOWER that the writers need to be fired, not the Superstars...

AndyWonder
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Mark Henry is also one I can live without seeing there. All he is is another body, and he's a jobber to Nexus anyway.
My personal shitlist:

AndyWonder
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Rosa Mendes...yes. All she does is exercise backstage. Tiffany, yeah her too, unless she can become her husband drew mcintyre's ring valet, which why not let the two do that? And yes, Tyler Reks; when was he even on SMACKDOWN last? And his face is still on the roster page?
Matt Hardy. Alicia Fox Rosa Mendes. The Bella Twins. Hornswoggle. Khali & Ranjin. Primo. JTG. Tiffany. Zack Ryder. Yoshi Tatsu. Heath Slater. Skip Sheffield. Michael Tarver. Darren Young. And definitely Luke Gallows and Tyler Reks.

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Santino is ok for comedy roles and pushes for the IC/US title.

Mark Henry should be out.

Michael Tarver.....yes....a wrestler that looks like a bank robber with that mask....

Otunga should be out due to the fact the WWE may have plans for his future wife.

Khali is a 50/50 call. He can be good if used properly.

Hornswoggle should definatley be out.

We know of Matt Hardys fate so I am not going there.

Grisham is doing fine. No hate there.

Kozlov. They were hyping this guy up and now look where he is. I thought he was going to dominate for a long time.

vbirwin
09-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Hornswoggle is useless for anything except comedy relief but in the PG era he's great for the kids so keep him as long as he doesn't wrestle. And while Khali and Henry are limited they still have value in that others can get over big by getting a win over them. As for some of the other lower level guys, you always need jobbers and people to fill Superstars.

The only person I would get rid of is Vickie Guerrero. She offers no value and I can't stand her character. I know she pushes people's buttons, which is never a bad thing in the WWE, but she is the one person who can make me turn the channel and I was even supporting NXT 3 until they started focusing the show on her. But because of her connection with Eddie we are probably stuck with her.

JLeeDude1892
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
I think Matt Hardy should just leave he gets in my nerves to much.
And Also all the NXT Season 3 Rookies, I mean They all just suck
They can't wrestle and they should go back to the kitchen to make
my dinner!

Actually, AJ and Jamie are fantastic wrestlers. All the others suck though.

IrkenInvader
09-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Actually, AJ and Jamie are fantastic wrestlers. All the others suck though.

I wouldn't say fantastic yet, lets see them go up against some "better" divas. I say put them up against Michelle or Gail. Ones who can "wrestle", "MehCool" can put on a good match every now and then.

Young Guns
09-28-2010, 05:25 PM
The Bella Twins. Alicia Fox. Mark Henry. Michael Tarver. The Great Khali. Darren Young. Chris Masters. Hornswoggle. Rosa Mendes. Matt Hardy.

IrkenInvader
09-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow does anyone like The Bella Twins, Alicia Fox, Mark Henry, Michael Tarver, Darren Young or Rosa Mendes.

Splattered-Dreams
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
The Great Khali
95% of the divas
Hornswaggle
Vicki Guerrero

Justdawg08
09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm glad no one has said John Cena because that would be just ignorant.

But you know what.. I went through the WWE Roster.. and I can't really pick someone who I would want to be released. They all have potential and they all have something about them that if used right they could be assets.

If I had to chose one it'd prally be Jillian just because she is stale and well... she is ruined.

IrkenInvader
09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm glad no one has said John Cena because that would be just ignorant.

But you know what.. I went through the WWE Roster.. and I can't really pick someone who I would want to be released. They all have potential and they all have something about them that if used right they could be assets.

If I had to chose one it'd prally be Jillian just because she is stale and well... she is ruined.

Well you got your wish, Jillian is gone.

Ryan'sReality
09-28-2010, 09:07 PM
i personally dont know why everyone hates tarver, young, and otunga.... they got pretty good potential... but if i had to release one guy, it'd be either Heath Slater or Khali... I can't really get behind either guy

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
i personally dont know why everyone hates tarver, young, and otunga.... they got pretty good potential... but if i had to release one guy, it'd be either Heath Slater or Khali... I can't really get behind either guy

I would support Khali more than Slater.

mikenigma
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
7.Matt Hardy-For obvious reasons, or at least get him the help he needs

LOL Matt Hardy gets a bigger pop than 80% of the roster! He doesn't need help. HE'S WORKING YOU! He did the exact same thing after he was fired because of the Adam Copeland/Amy Dumas affair. His videos are better than 90% of the promos out there. He's not on drugs. And he's working his ass off to get it great shape. Honestly, the guy has more passion for the business than anyone else in the WWE. And he loves his fans. I love that so many people jump on the band wagon that the guy that runs this site has created. In fact, damn near anyone in the business you ask will tell you Hardy is one of the hardest working guys out there. Well except Paul London. Which, come on, Paul London. Last time I say him on TV was.... um.... wow, I can't remember.

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Matt is getting up there fast. Hes in great shape and getting better. I just wished he was less talk and more action to show us how he can make it without being dragged down.

Riel
09-28-2010, 11:40 PM
LOL Matt Hardy gets a bigger pop than 80% of the roster! He doesn't need help. HE'S WORKING YOU! He did the exact same thing after he was fired because of the Adam Copeland/Amy Dumas affair. His videos are better than 90% of the promos out there. He's not on drugs. And he's working his ass off to get it great shape. Honestly, the guy has more passion for the business than anyone else in the WWE. And he loves his fans. I love that so many people jump on the band wagon that the guy that runs this site has created. In fact, damn near anyone in the business you ask will tell you Hardy is one of the hardest working guys out there. Well except Paul London. Which, come on, Paul London. Last time I say him on TV was.... um.... wow, I can't remember.

Whether his youtube videos are a work or not I still feel as if its his time to go, if only for the reason that the Matt Hardy/WWE relationship seems toxic to both parties.

First I'm not a Hardy fan, both Matt and Jeff, but that's not the reason I think he should be released. For better or worse the guy has been in the WWE off and on for about twelve years. Most of that time has been spent on the lower to mid card and even though he may get a bigger pop than 80% of the roster it doesn't look like he's going to progress any further. For a veteran performer the thought that he's never going to reach that top spot must be daunting, especially when his brother and former tag partner has already reached that pinnacle.

I know there are a lot of instances where performers have put in the work and after years of being over looked eventually get that chance but I don't see that for Matt and I think that he believes that he deserves it. That must make the working conditions that much harder; when you believe that you deserve that promotion but the top brass constantly looks you over for the other guy maybe its time to test different waters.

Danny Des
09-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Whether his youtube videos are a work or not I still feel as if its his time to go, if only for the reason that the Matt Hardy/WWE relationship seems toxic to both parties.

First I'm not a Hardy fan, both Matt and Jeff, but that's not the reason I think he should be released. For better or worse the guy has been in the WWE off and on for about twelve years. Most of that time has been spent on the lower to mid card and even though he may get a bigger pop than 80% of the roster it doesn't look like he's going to progress any further. For a veteran performer the thought that he's never going to reach that top spot must be daunting, especially when his brother and former tag partner has already reached that pinnacle.

I know there are a lot of instances where performers have put in the work and after years of being over looked eventually get that chance but I don't see that for Matt and I think that he believes that he deserves it. That must make the working conditions that much harder; when you believe that you deserve that promotion but the top brass constantly looks you over for the other guy maybe its time to test different waters.

Hang on, Matt started in wwf roughly areound the same time as Jeff, Edge, Christian, Bubba and D-von. I imagine eveyone reading this knows that these 6 have had quite a rivarly for a large proportion of thier time in wrestling. The only person to mind that has made it above either tag team division success and mid card stuff is Edge. so youre saying Matt should go because he never got to main event (he has had main event storylines in the past by the way) that he should go, so Team 3D shouldl be released from TNA? they arent main event draws in TNA and yet they are still a valuable asset to the business. i mean no ill intent here, but im a long time hardy fan, although this plays no part in my argument as im not much of a team 3d fan at all, but i knoe that they are valuable to any company they go into. as i say, this is in a no way a shot at you but i disagree completley with your argument.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Riel and Danny, you both have great and valid points.

I say lets just wait until Matt shows up with whatever he is bringing in TNA. We saw that he is working out alot. Lets give him that.

IrkenInvader
09-29-2010, 01:58 PM
They should fire HHH.

Danny Des
09-30-2010, 03:02 AM
Alberto Del Rio, his promos are shocking. hes been given a WAY bigger push than he deserves.

zack ryder... need i say more?

and shad if they arent going to fucking use him! ¬¬

DarkSide
09-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Alberto Del Rio, his promos are shocking. hes been given a WAY bigger push than he deserves.

zack ryder... need i say more?

and shad if they arent going to fucking use him! ¬¬

I have to disagree about Alberto here - the guy has the most potential of the "new" bunch.

As for Shad - WWE needs more powerhouses but he needs a good gimmick (maybe a manager) as his promos suck.

But the person they should get rid of is Drew Mcintyre - he has zero charisma. He doesn't fly as heel and he would seriously convince me that he can be a face. His moveset isn't convincing, but I know he is capable of better.

Overall, bar Alberto, no-one really seems to stick out. All the stars who have joined in the last 2 years need to develop their own gimmick and not feel like a retread of gimmicks used 10 years ago.

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
They should fire HHH.

Nah he isn't going anywhere.

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Express your opinions on this topic as well.