PDA

View Full Version : Randy Savage Memorial Show set for September 3 in Canada

THEKEVINBRAND
06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
This is a show that I helped organize in my area, but for any Canadian that is interested:

On September 3rd, Great North Wrestling will present the official "Macho Man Randy Savage Memorial Show." The event will take place at the Robert Hartley Arena in Hawkesbury, Ontario, and the main event will feature "The Genius" Lanny Poffo verses WWE Hall of Famer Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, The Apocalyptic Nightmare "Hannibal", Jeremy Prophet, Carl Leduc and many other GNW stars will also be on hand to pay tribute as well. More information on the show is available at http://www.greatnorthwrestling.com/tickets.htm

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254567_215181745181698_100000696219635_673783_5764 27_n.jpg

Leggo
06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Sounds like great show mate... Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the world! Dam! Lol

You helped organise this?

THEKEVINBRAND
06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Sounds like great show mate... Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the world! Dam! Lol

You helped organise this?

I suggested it to the promoters and they liked the idea especially the fact that Lanny works alot in Canada so it fits in that night

Leggo
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I suggested it to the promoters and they liked the idea especially the fact that Lanny works alot in Canada so it fits in that night

Good stuff... You'll have to post some footage for us uk-ers!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Good stuff... You'll have to post some footage for us uk-ers!!!

i'll try, usually they have people on hand filming

68wPayne
06-08-2011, 06:48 PM
TKB that's pretty cool, hope you do post pics cause from The Great State of Mississippi to the Great White North is too far of a drive for me. Very cool though.

THEKEVINBRAND
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
TKB that's pretty cool, hope you do post pics cause from The Great State of Mississippi to the Great White North is too far of a drive for me. Very cool though.

i'll try, if it's like last time it was too dark

THEKEVINBRAND
08-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Huge main event (for those who care)

Lanny Poffo vs. Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine

Also in action: Former TNA star Jay Lethal!

el gabo
08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Huge main event (for those who care)

Lanny Poffo vs. Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine

Also in action: Former TNA star Jay Lethal!

Who else is on the card?

THEKEVINBRAND
08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Who else is on the card?

These are basically the big names, other than that there's Hannibal (very popular in IWA Puerto Rico and is the owner of the company) and wrestlers from the Ottawa-Montreal area

THEKEVINBRAND
09-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Great North Wrestling results for the Macho Man Memorial Show in Hawkesbury Ontario before 1400 fans.

The Bruiser defeated Buck Gunderson
Commander Rick Sniper defeated Dave Titan
The Spoiler Defeated Jack The Mountie
Sexy Eddie defeated Jay Lethal
Platinum Preston Perry defeated D-Man
Quantom Force defeated The Mansours
Chaz and Serphantina defeated The Hollywood Hunks
Hannibal defeated Nathan Banner
Thirsty Domino defeated Addy Star
Jeremy Prophet and Soa Amin defeated Carl Leduc and a local Hawkesbury Guy
“The Genius” Lanny Poffo won a 25 man battle Royal to become the first ever Great North Wrestling Champion

Greg Valentine no-showed the event. He got half of his money up front in July then he called Great North Wrestling organisers on Wednesday and left a drunken message that the money he agreed to was not enough for him to come and he wouldn’t come unless he got more money. He called back on Thursday, apologised for the drunken message and said he would still come as long as he got the other half of his money wired to him up front. He said he swore on a stack of bibles he’d show up he just really needed the money. GNW wired Greg the money and he no-showed anyway.

Lanny Poffo was extremely offended that Greg would do this on his brothers memorial show. Greg was supposed to do three more events for GNW September 23rd-25 in New Brunswick but will now be replaced with a different wrestler.

Quote from GNW president Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson about Greg Valentine:
“It is one thing to no-show a pro wrestling event. It is another to demand all your money up front, promise you’re going to come and then no show a huge event like the Macho Man Memorial Show. Greg Valentine cost in the ball park of 2k for his payoff, plane ticket and hotel room. That money all went to waste with him no-showing. Greg Valentine truly showed what scum he is this week. I would highly recommend that no promoter trust or book this man. He better hope he never crosses paths with me again. What he did was a horrible insult to me, Lanny, The Macho Man and most importantly the fans who paid to see him.”

THEKEVINBRAND
09-06-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc0kJBdw9mE&feature=player_embedded

THEKEVINBRAND
09-11-2011, 01:46 AM
you guys wanna see some action from the Macho Man show? here is the first episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vS1dDI0CE&feature=player_embedded