PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Evan Bourne?

jcagosto
09-27-2010, 02:14 AM
At some point it seemed like he was going to get a nice "push" but, what happened?

Belzova
09-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Did you hear that? It sounds like a ball was just dropped. :0

AndyWonder
09-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Same thing that happened to MVP I guess. Something went wrong that put him back down on the card.

shambo2k9
09-27-2010, 10:26 AM
paul bearer ate him

Rated_PG13
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Simple. Nexus happened.

Daniel Bryan
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
air bourne had an emergency ground landing when vince found out people really liked him and his ring work

Tim
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Evan Bourne certainly deserves a push, although as I've said before, WWE doesn't think you're a "real" wrestler unless you physically huge, and have muscles on top of muscles. This is true of some other promotions as well, though. The wrestler's skill has become secondary to their appearance.

SgtGohan
09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
probably because he is not that great on the mic and vince doesnt really want people with low mic skills on top.

Revolver Magus
09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
A large portion of the problem is that Evan should not be / should never have been on Raw. I'm not saying he is not talented enough because I have high hopes for him. But he is on a show with 95% of their roster being heavyweight Top-cards in that kind of senario you can only believably push him but so much. I think he should have been on Smackdown to begin with after being drafted from ECW. If he were on SD instead, he could have had some amazing programs with Ray Mysterio, CM punk, Chavo, Ziggler, Mcintire, rodes, the list goes on. My point being he could have had a --much-- larger push and by now may have been a Mid-top tier with the proper footing.

Bourne is one of the reasone I pray they bring the cruiser weight belt back, I think his career would soar with that kind of title run.

colonyink
09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I think Bourne and Mark Henry could be a good tag team- the brute strength and force of Henry and the dynamic high flying ability of Bourne would be a good combination. And WWE reportedly want to beef up the tag team division, so it makes sense.

AndyWonder
09-27-2010, 12:52 PM
True he is not great on mic. Come to think....has he ever had an actual backstage interview? The only time I remember him saying anything was during run-in skits backstage, like that one with John Cena when he added Evan as his partner. I think all Evan said was, "Thanks for the opportunity." How is that gonna propel him?
probably because he is not that great on the mic and vince doesnt really want people with low mic skills on top.

Verdammung
09-27-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't know if Bournes' problem is his mic work, because there is a serious lack of mic work to gauge him on. What Bourne needs to do is build a character, not a gimmick necessarily, and start getting us to know him. He obviously has the in-ring ability to get people behind him, just needs to give people a reason to care, which will lead to merchandise sales and a push that will hopefully last.

NightWolf
09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know if Bournes' problem is his mic work, because there is a serious lack of mic work to gauge him on. What Bourne needs to do is build a character, not a gimmick necessarily, and start getting us to know him. He obviously has the in-ring ability to get people behind him, just needs to give people a reason to care, which will lead to merchandise sales and a push that will hopefully last.

Does this guy even have a personality? He always smiles an points his finger in random directions. Though I must admit he has some superb in-ring ability. I was amazed by how he sold his 'defying gravity' move-set. I was like, "Hell yes! Now give me a Billy Kidman, Paul London, and Evan Bourne trio team." xD But now I have doubts he will ever go anywhere unless John Cena steps up for him again. IMO I think that was a total work though.

IrkenInvader
09-27-2010, 06:38 PM
A large portion of the problem is that Evan should not be / should never have been on Raw. I'm not saying he is not talented enough because I have high hopes for him. But he is on a show with 95% of their roster being heavyweight Top-cards in that kind of senario you can only believably push him but so much. I think he should have been on Smackdown to begin with after being drafted from ECW. If he were on SD instead, he could have had some amazing programs with Ray Mysterio, CM punk, Chavo, Ziggler, Mcintire, rodes, the list goes on. My point being he could have had a --much-- larger push and by now may have been a Mid-top tier with the proper footing.

Bourne is one of the reasone I pray they bring the cruiser weight belt back, I think his career would soar with that kind of title run.

Exactly. Smackdown is a much better place for Evan.

IrkenInvader
09-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Nexus just killed him. Thats what happened to him.

djsoulslayer
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
With the acception of Rey Mysterio, I dont know if the WWE is really willing to push smaller talent to a mainevent level.

SilverGhost
09-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Did you hear that? It sounds like a ball was just dropped. :0

Basically this. A BOWLING BALL!

Bourne does need more mic skills.

AndyWonder
09-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't know how intimidating his prescense is though. Rey Mysterio I notice stands up straight with his head held high. I've seen Evan stand there with his neck tucked in and head cocked forward like he is trying to reach something with his mouth.
Does this guy even have a personality? He always smiles an points his finger in random directions. Though I must admit he has some superb in-ring ability. I was amazed by how he sold his 'defying gravity' move-set. I was like, "Hell yes! Now give me a Billy Kidman, Paul London, and Evan Bourne trio team." xD But now I have doubts he will ever go anywhere unless John Cena steps up for him again. IMO I think that was a total work though.

hystrix
09-29-2010, 11:35 AM
With the acception of Rey Mysterio, I dont know if the WWE is really willing to push smaller talent to a mainevent level.

Daniel Bryan won the US title. Kaval won season 2 NXT. John Morrison is considered a cruiserweight (219 lbs) and he's held numorous titles.

I gotta tell you 4 guys under 200 lbs on the roster sounds like alot to me. Man back in the 80's anyone under 230 wasn't used at all unless they were a tag team wrestler.

AGEOFFALL
10-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Monday Night Raw happened to Evan Bourne.

Bodom
10-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Monday Night Raw happened to Evan Bourne.

And he was just John Cenas little buddy.

SMDH

IrkenInvader
12-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Mark Henry teamed with him, which is a bad thing. When was the last time Tatsu wrestled on Raw? When he teamed with Mark. Mark has a bad track record of injuring himself or his partners somehow.

Tommy Thunder
12-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Bourne has the skills to be a great star at the top, but he does seem to be severally lacking mic skills. It did look as if he was getting a push when he was rolling with the likes of Cena, but that plan(e) crash landed. If WWE want to re-build the tag division (and it is a big IF as they seem to break up every good tag team they have), then teaming someone with Evan Bourne is a good idea for me. Create a high flying tag team with Bourne and Yoshi Tatsu or Justin Gabriel (when Nexus is over). The team of Bourne and Mark Henry would have worked too, with Henry's muscle and Bourne's high flying skills.
Let's not forget that he's injured at the moment, so I hope WWE don't drop the ball with him when he returns.

Necroyeti
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I think Bourne and Mark Henry could be a good tag team- the brute strength and force of Henry and the dynamic high flying ability of Bourne would be a good combination. And WWE reportedly want to beef up the tag team division, so it makes sense.
Dear God I lol'd

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Mark Henry+ a tiny wrestler=disaster.

Tommy Thunder
12-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Dear God I lol'd

WWE want to beef up their tag team division?!?!?! Really?! REALLY?!?!?! They sure have a funny way of showing this!!

PrimusSucks
12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
He was injured for quite a while if I am correct, so maybe WWE though they could use him as a jobber before his surgery, and before he returns they will show vignettes and hype his return and there you go.

IrkenInvader
12-31-2010, 11:42 PM
He was injured for quite a while if I am correct, so maybe WWE though they could use him as a jobber before his surgery, and before he returns they will show vignettes and hype his return and there you go.

That will only work if they keep pushing him. Vinnie doesn't like small guys, he isn't going anywhere in WWE for at least 3 more years. Look at Morrison all this time and now he' getting pushed.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 12:10 AM
That will only work if they keep pushing him. Vinnie doesn't like small guys, he isn't going anywhere in WWE for at least 3 more years. Look at Morrison all this time and now he' getting pushed.

To be fair, Morrisons about the size of many indy workers, and only a bit smaller than the Miz. Whereas I'm taller and probably heavier than Bourne.

IrkenInvader
01-01-2011, 12:19 AM
To be fair, Morrisons about the size of many indy workers, and only a bit smaller than the Miz. Whereas I'm taller and probably heavier than Bourne.

The smaller they are the less push they get in WWE. Remember Mysterio's WHC reign? He jobbed every week.

Bodom
01-01-2011, 12:20 AM
The smaller they are the less push they get in WWE. Remember Mysterio's WHC reign? He jobbed every week.

He was World Heavyweight Champion too. And he still jobbed.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 12:29 AM
True. Mysterio never did have long world title reigns either did he?

IrkenInvader
01-01-2011, 12:30 AM
True. Mysterio never did have long world title reigns either did he?

Then again it makes the bigger guys look weak if it isn't a 20 minute match.

SaberToothTigerz
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
air bourne had an emergency ground landing when vince found out people really liked him and his ring work

lol nice way to put it and i honestly agree with ya

Bodom
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPdQs3zHHrM&feature=related

The Brown One
01-05-2011, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPdQs3zHHrM&feature=related

Dude I can barely understand him :P
Besides, aeren't Sydal and Delirious around the same h/w?

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 06:33 PM
He's still jobbing.

Mr.Turtle
08-21-2011, 06:38 PM
He's still jobbing.

Sure is :)

Rich Cranium
08-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I am sure he is smiling somewhere.

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 06:41 PM

He even smiles when he is supposed to be selling.

Mr.Turtle
08-21-2011, 06:43 PM

. . . giving the peace sign

Bob Lion54
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
. . . giving the peace sign

The victory sign seems to make more sense.

steveorton
08-22-2011, 08:05 AM
This and his small frame, I'm jus sayin...