PDA

View Full Version : Woulda....Coulda....Shoulda?

DKO Killa
09-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Vote for which former WWE superstar should of had won the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship?

Mr Perfect
09-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I voted Henning.. it was either him or Hart.

IMO Tazz has no reason being on this list, what did he ever do in the wwe? He was a better announcer than wrestler.(NOTE: I'm not counting his ECW past, because that's a little different, he was great in ECW but sucked in WWE)

IrkenInvader
09-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I voted Benjamin, just as good of a wrestler as Henning, but how many times has Curt jumped off a ladder or got super kicked off of a springboard. Sheleton has done a lot of dangerous spots, but was never rewarded for it. They wouldn't even give him the ECW championship.

merhardt03
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Shelton deserves nothing just like everyone on this list. IMO Cole n Vickie deserve major titles

Tai Night
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
I voted for Shelton too, I think with his talent in the ring he should have won the big one. When it came down to it, Shelton could alway put on a good match and have people going "Daaaamn did you see that!" Only thing he needed was some time to work on his mic skills but now that Shamus became champ, I don't think that would have matter much.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
There is no doubt about it, shelton should have won a major championship. He can wrestle with the best in the business and his promo skills were just good enough to make it. Unfortunately we all know why he was held back, don't make me spell it out for you. Lets just say I dont think Vinnie Mac will win any BET awards anytime soon.

Murphdogg4
09-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Curt Hennings did win a major championship he was the AWA heavy weight champion of the world back when that tittle still meant something. The same be could be said for Taz as PWI reconized the ECW heavyweight title.

Robstar
09-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Curt Hennings did win a major championship he was the AWA heavy weight champion of the world back when that tittle still meant something. The same be could be said for Taz as PWI reconized the ECW heavyweight title.

I disagree, the AWA title was a bit of a joke when he held it

merhardt03
09-25-2010, 03:37 PM
While Rob @ Murph argue over the prestige over some dead AWA title... The forum is about having never won a WWE world title.

mikenigma
09-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I voted Benjamin, just as good of a wrestler as Henning, but how many times has Curt jumped off a ladder or got super kicked off of a springboard. Sheleton has done a lot of dangerous spots, but was never rewarded for it. They wouldn't even give him the ECW championship.

You're talking about two different eras in wrestling. In the prime of Mr. Perfect there really weren't too many spots. Perfect vs Hart for the IC Championship is one of the best matches in history. I can't really think of a one on one match with Benjamin that I could say that about.

But damn Shelton was an athlete to the caliber that WWE rarely has seen without a doubt. And I'm not saying he wouldn't make a great World Champion, I just really would have liked to see Henning reach the top in the WWF when he was alive.

mikenigma
09-25-2010, 03:58 PM
There is no doubt about it, shelton should have won a major championship. He can wrestle with the best in the business and his promo skills were just good enough to make it. Unfortunately we all know why he was held back, don't make me spell it out for you. Lets just say I dont think Vinnie Mac will win any BET awards anytime soon.

Hey, where's the trademark "U MAD?"

jcagosto
09-25-2010, 05:03 PM

What about Booker? And The Rock isn't exactly what you would call a white guy...

Wattsy
09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
What about Rude? The guy was a excellent heel and carried Warrior through all their match's and even made him look good to an extent. Could have built him up to feud with Hogan

Murphdogg4
09-25-2010, 06:24 PM
He wasn't on the list but I think Arn Anderson was the best to never win a world title.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-25-2010, 06:25 PM
In my eyes the "The GREAT ONE" is half black and half Hawaiian (Samoan heritage). So i guess your half right on that one. As for Booker T yes he is black but anyone that pleads guilty to armed robberies at Wendy's restaurants in Houston is not a champion in my eyes. For the record, he worked at Wendy's for 2 1/2 years and wore his Wendy's shirt when he committed the armed robberies, not very smart in my eyes. I have been robbed at gun point twice in my life and i have PTSD because of it, so I take it personal when someone causes a traumatic act on another person. And last but not least this is for you mikenigma. U MAD?

merhardt03
09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
:p it looks clear as day to me that rude is on there. such unintelligent ones there must be among my infinite wisdom. The truth will be told

Ruggy
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I disagree, the AWA title was a bit of a joke when he held it

I have to agree with Rob, The AWA was hardly international, no one outside the US had heard of it until it went broke. Curt Hennig was deserving of a world title in WWF(E). Usually the inter-continental belt was the springboard to world title, but Hennig was denied this, his injuries may have had something to do with it. He should have held one of the world titles.

Ruggy
09-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I might be mistaken, but Rude did hold the WCW "World" title for a period whilest NWA changed to WCW. Either way, he was a world champion and as with Mr Perfect, injuries affected it. Rudes career was actually ended by Sting, I bet alot of you didn't know that.

Riel
09-25-2010, 08:03 PM
What about Booker? And The Rock isn't exactly what you would call a white guy...
Booker T established himself in another company, and through years of hard work and putting in the time he finally got his five world titles. And I guess you can point out that he had some good feuds during his time in WWE but he never became their Champ.

The rock is a third generation superstar, and because of that mixed with all his natural talent on the mic and in the ring ability, he couldn't be denied. Name any other black WWE wrestler who has had anywhere near the same success as those two exceptions. Betcha you can't.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Booker T established himself in another company, and through years of hard work and putting in the time he finally got his five world titles. And I guess you can point out that he had some good feuds during his time in WWE but he never became their Champ.

The rock is a third generation superstar, and because of that mixed with all his natural talent on the mic and in the ring ability, he couldn't be denied. Name any other black WWE wrestler who has had anywhere near the same success as those two exceptions. Betcha you can't.

You forgot about Marcus Cor Von. When he was in TNA he was main event material an then when he left for the WWE an debuted on their ECW brand they began prepping him for the main event. Then his sister died (I think) an he chose to leave so that he could take care of her kids. But yes, this guy found his own success an was loved by just about everybody. Then you have Ezekiel Jackson who still hasn't been releashed yet. So you can only imagine that the WWE has big plans for him upon his return to the ring.

IrkenInvader
09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
when did this discussion become about racism.

merhardt03
09-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Right? BTW Lashley achieved succes in WWE.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-26-2010, 10:43 AM
i voted for henning because to me he is the greatest wrestler to have never won a world title i think he would have maybe got it if flair hadnt joined wwe back in the early 90's. shelton should have been pushed toward the world title back in 04 and early 05. sean o'hare wasnt his biggest fan was given a bad gimmick and not enough time though. rick rude is one that hould have got it but for some reason didnt which is a shame. i think owen shold have got that push towards it after his fued with bret and maybe would have been thee if he sadly didnt die. i'm surprised scott hall didnt win a world title in wcw considering he was in the nwo but in wwe would always be a mid carder guy to me. anderson should have got it after his rturn from injury in 2006 beating batista a few times but he ecame injury prone so dont blame wwe for not putting it on him after that. Carlito didnt seem to have the drive after his progam with flair and didnt seem like he wanted to be there i coulnt see him as a world chap anyway. hassan would have been a great heel world champion even more than randy orton was and maybe hhh because of what his character was all about. i dont think tazz would have got up there would have been nice if they gave him the ic belt though

macstar77
09-26-2010, 01:41 PM
I voted Shelton, purely because he was a nature athlete would of loved to see him and John Morrison form a tag team!!

The Hipster
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm really sorry to this but it should be should HAVE not of, have is the helping verb. Nerdness took over. I'm picking Tito Santana!

NecroButcher187
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Rick Rude. The man had top notch in-ring skills, mic swag, and the willingness to put another guy over....but he never got his just due. I'd have to give an honorable mention to Steve "Dr. Death" Williams as well, although he did have some Championship success in lesser promotions.

Tai Night
11-18-2010, 09:08 AM

lol Ture. Some would said The Rock but we all know the deal with him. Booker T got a championship that was his anyways. When did we see him with the WWE championship. Need a clue, never.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I'll be honest, I understand the Rude and Henning ones, but that wasn't my era, so i'm not a good judge.

I voted Kennedy, i really enjoyed him in WWE, just unfortunate with injuries and the fact Orton is a bit of a mentalist. Great mic skills, cuts a great promo, is a good, if not very good wrestler, sells well, looks different, he has pretty much everything in my eyes.

He'd be the only reason, other than MCMG, i'd watch TNA.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm shocked that nobody voted for Sean O'haire.