PDA

View Full Version : IP Conflicts?

xAzureSkye
05-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Ok im not sure if it is EWN or my computer but everytime i come onto the forums and stay for a while a pop-up in my bottom toolbar tells me that there is an IP Conflict with another computer. What does this mean?

Bodom
05-28-2011, 08:34 AM
That issue wouldn't be on the EWN side. How many devices in your house do you have that can access the internet? Check the IP addresses of them. They should all be different. Adjust the last octet to any thing different (2-254), but make sure it does not match any other system.

xAzureSkye
05-28-2011, 08:38 AM
That issue wouldn't be on the EWN side. How many devices in your house do you have that can access the internet? Check the IP addresses of them. They should all be different. Adjust the last octet to any thing different (2-254), but make sure it does not match any other system.

Ah thanks, my brother uses the internet with his laptop, i checked we both use the same IP address so i did what you said. Thought it was something to do with EWN since it always happens when im here. Thanks again

Bodom
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Ah thanks, my brother uses the internet with his laptop, i checked we both use the same IP address so i did what you said. Thought it was something to do with EWN since it always happens when im here. Thanks again

That's probably just a coincidence. Your router is what assigns IP addresses to the devices in your home network, not EWN. If your router is set up for DHCP and any of your computers have a static address, then that might be where the addressing problem is coming from.