PDA

View Full Version : MMA coming to New York!!!!????

HCollins-TNA1
05-24-2011, 01:13 AM
From Bleacher Report MMA page
MMA: New York Senate Finally Passes the Bill to Legalize MMA, Assembly Next

Earlier today, the New York Senate passed a unanimous vote of 42-18 in favor of a bill that would legalize MMA in the Empire State. The bill faced serious opposition in the past, and today proved no different on all ends of the spectrum, but the support of 42 senators outweighed the 18 detractors, leading to the bill passing through Senate. The next necessary step is to get the bill passed through the Assembly, where Bob Reilly and other New York State Officials hold a seat, and in the past, that has also been an area of concern.

However, with how unanimously it passed through the Senate, there's little doubt that it does stand a chance to make it through the assembly.

Now to see UFC in MSG would be awesome!!!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
05-24-2011, 01:21 AM
From Bleacher Report MMA page
MMA: New York Senate Finally Passes the Bill to Legalize MMA, Assembly Next

Earlier today, the New York Senate passed a unanimous vote of 42-18 in favor of a bill that would legalize MMA in the Empire State. The bill faced serious opposition in the past, and today proved no different on all ends of the spectrum, but the support of 42 senators outweighed the 18 detractors, leading to the bill passing through Senate. The next necessary step is to get the bill passed through the Assembly, where Bob Reilly and other New York State Officials hold a seat, and in the past, that has also been an area of concern.

However, with how unanimously it passed through the Senate, there's little doubt that it does stand a chance to make it through the assembly.

Now to see UFC in MSG would be awesome!!!!!

That'll be a sell out within minutes and that's every one's dream to perform at the Garden

TheMadThinker
05-24-2011, 01:33 AM
I think the boxing associations have been fighting this for years. They do not want MMA pissing in their pool.

SilverGhost
05-24-2011, 01:35 AM
I think the boxing associations have been fighting this for years. They do not want MMA pissing in their pool.

Boxing is still around?!

TheMadThinker
05-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Boxing is still around?!

Exactly, UFC is eating their lunch and making them irrelevant.

SilverGhost
05-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Exactly, UFC is eating their lunch and making them irrelevant.

I'm a be honest and say boxing is boring....sure some fights were good but it was dragged on....

Kashdinero
05-24-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm a be honest and say boxing is boring....sure some fights were good but it was dragged on....

I have too agree, but my buddy, George Groves just won a belt by beating James DeGale on points, in a grudge match straight out of wrestling! George was talking some serious shit about him in the years building up to the fight (he had beaten James in a previous amateur bout) and backed it up on the night. Although, I'm pretty sure his face was a bit sore in the morning... That fight was far from boring!!!

UFC @ MSG would be a sight to behold, thats for sure. That building has some of the best fans in America!

SilverGhost
05-24-2011, 01:51 AM
I have too agree, but my buddy, George Groves just won a belt by beating James DeGale on points, in a grudge match straight out of wrestling! George was talking some serious shit about him in the years building up to the fight (he had beaten James in a previous amateur bout) and backed it up on the night. Although, I'm pretty sure his face was a bit sore in the morning... That fight was far from boring!!!

UFC @ MSG would be a sight to behold, thats for sure. That building has some of the best fans in America!

I said "some fights" not all :(

TheMadThinker
05-24-2011, 01:52 AM

Yeah I think the current generation is much more MMA enthustiac over boxing. MMA is much faster paced. Watching 12 rounds of boxing can be brutal and I do not mean in a physical sense.

SilverGhost
05-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Yeah I think the current generation is much more MMA enthustiac over boxing. MMA is much faster paced. Watching 12 rounds of boxing can be brutal and I do not mean in a physical sense.

Its understandable too. I used to watch boxing when I was young but when MMA was introduced in the form of UFC, I was hooked. Its not just punches....its now kicks and grapples.

I would try to watch one boxing match again but I would give up if its dragged :(

Kashdinero
05-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I said "some fights" not all :(

LOL, I know that SG, I was just reiterating your point.

Boxing just hasn't been the same for me since I first saw the UFC, back in '95.

HCollins-TNA1
05-24-2011, 11:57 AM
The trouble with boxing promoter set up squash fights to put one fighter over..... Then when it come to the big prize fight for titles, the fighters either look weak or the card or match is overbooked or underbooked....
The same can apply to UFC with squash fights happening, but UFC seems to have more the cross over appeal boxing don't have.... Also with UFC one don't have to set through fights that can be nothing more then hug feasts as in boxing..... They either end quick or they get more physical...

Rich Cranium
05-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Gonna be cool to see MMA in the garden!

HCollins-TNA1
06-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Look like we going have to wait a year or so for MMA to be legalized in New York State....
As the New York State Senate voted against it.....

Time will only tell if and when it does become in New York I guess????

Bodom
06-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Somebody needs to sit the New York Senate down and ask them, in all seriousness, "Do you people not like money?"

HCollins-TNA1
06-26-2011, 11:20 AM
They care about their own money in most cases having special summers session to vote and such, and probably vote on a pay raise....