PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't McMahon put Hogan v Flair on WWF TV??? (Old School)

Ruggy
09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Old days now....

In 1991 or 1992, why didn't McMahon put these 2 in the ring!!!! It would have blown the house down!!!!! Was it creative naivety or creative genius???

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Maybe it was too epic to be shown. xD

Necroyeti
09-24-2010, 04:53 PM
They would've most likely refused to job to each other.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 04:55 PM
They would've most likely refused to job to each other.

What about a main event match?

Necroyeti
09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Hold on, I stand corrected:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmo9r_hulk-hogan-vs-ric-flair-msg-1991_sport

nrb6304
09-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Hold on, I stand corrected:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmo9r_hulk-hogan-vs-ric-flair-msg-1991_sport

HOLY SHIT! Dude you get mad points for this video find!!!!!

pauldwku
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
I may be wrong, but I think that they were going to have them wrestle at WM8, but Hogan decided to "retire", and do movies, so, they decided instead of having a long feud between the two let Hogan go out and beat a "built-up monster" Sid to end his career, and mark the return of the new face of the company, Warrior.

Hogan and Flair would have been a great rivalry in WWF, but Hogan just wasn't interested in wrestling at the time, I just wonder why, and maybe somebody can explain to me, why Flair only lasted 1 and a half years there? He was at the top the whole time there, was there a conflict of him not being champ, or did he hate dropping the belt to Bret?

Murphdogg4
09-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Your right the reason they didn't wrestle was because Hogan was going to take a break after wrestlemania so they put Flair against Savage. The reason Flair left is he had a agreement with Vince that if wasn't going to be used as a main eventer he would be allowed out of his contract. It is a shame it didn't happen back then because it was a dream match wrestling fans had wanted for a decade.

AndyWonder
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
I think Vince felt both were too big as superstars and didn't want one losing to the other as it may have diminished some star power. It probably would not have. Flair actually cost Hogan WWF title Survivor Series 1991, which would have been a good back story to a Wrestlemania 8 showdown, which I believed was seriously considered. But again, I think Vince may have been scared of a backlash if one lost to the other, since those two were at that time the biggest stars in the entire industry.