PDA

View Full Version : Money In The Bank...... Joke or what???

Ruggy
09-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Has this little stunt become a little passé now??? Or is it the kick-start to a career?? These days anyone can cash it in after a title-bout and win when the other guy is "exhausted". In my mind I done with this rubbish, but I'm not sure if WWE can actually come up with something better??

Necroyeti
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I like the money in the bank gimmick, usually gives an instant push and/or credibility to (so far) wrestlers who could generally use it.* It doesn't happen *too* often either, so I mean it's less cliché than the usual several months of random feuding and "rematch clauses" and whatnot. It potentially devalues the status of the title belts but, I mean, this is WWE we're talking about, remember?

*edit for clarification: as in, not John Cena or Triple H or similarly established main eventers with tons of title reigns... Edge and Kane were pretty big, but badly in need of a title.

merhardt03
09-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I believe its gotten a little old with the way its cashed in. RVD was the only one with picking a date in advance. Id like to see that again to give it credibility. But thats IMO

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I believe its gotten a little old with the way its cashed in. RVD was the only one with picking a date in advance. Id like to see that again to give it credibility. But thats IMO

This I agree. I think there is the right way in cashing in the contract and RVD probably did it the right way. Heel way was Edge.

Razorblade
09-24-2010, 04:58 PM
speaking of money in the bank ... i remember when Mr Kennedy won it few years ago . y did he lost the prize against Edge few weeks later ? that was really bad 4 him . He could have been a main eventer . Plzz someone reply on this one .

ChrisQ1
09-24-2010, 05:45 PM
speaking of money in the bank ... i remember when Mr Kennedy won it few years ago . y did he lost the prize against Edge few weeks later ? that was really bad 4 him . He could have been a main eventer . Plzz someone reply on this one .

He got injured

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Money in the bank is one of the most brilliant idea's in rasslin history. For you to say its rubbish (im American so im assuming that's a bad thing) is ok with me but let me axe you a question, forget about wwe, can you come up with something better? A match with something on a stick really don't do it for me. Money in the bank is a game changer. I know you think someone should cash it in the next night but you forget its called episodic television. Its hard for the writers to come up with something fresh every Monday. I know its their job but you cant say anything until you walk in there shoes and realize how hard a job it is. Not to mention they are the best in the world, wwe doesn't hire struggling college students to write their shows. Money in the bank keeps you watching Monday after Monday to see when someone will cash it in, and that my friend is the whole idea.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Money in the bank is one of the most brilliant idea's in rasslin history. For you to say its rubbish (im American so im assuming that's a bad thing) is ok with me but let me axe you a question, forget about wwe, can you come up with something better? A match with something on a stick really don't do it for me. Money in the bank is a game changer. I know you think someone should cash it in the next night but you forget its called episodic television. Its hard for the writers to come up with something fresh every Monday. I know its their job but you cant say anything until you walk in there shoes and realize how hard a job it is. Not to mention they are the best in the world, wwe doesn't hire struggling college students to write their shows. Money in the bank keeps you watching Monday after Monday to see when someone will cash it in, and that my friend is the whole idea.

Its either this way or planned ahead like RVD.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Its either this way or planned ahead like RVD.

I don't bother buying the ppv to even see it. The Money In The Bank Match is normally on ppv's, so I am usually filled in on the following Monday Night Raw when they give just about everything away. I'd have liked to see the match become a regular match on Raw or Smackdown like once every couple of months, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon. But my problem with the winners of this match is that they always go after the current Champions when they are weak an exausted. That makes it hard for me to view them as legit Champions.

SilverGhost
09-25-2010, 01:17 AM
I don't bother buying the ppv to even see it. The Money In The Bank Match is normally on ppv's, so I am usually filled in on the following Monday Night Raw when they give just about everything away. I'd have liked to see the match become a regular match on Raw or Smackdown like once every couple of months, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon. But my problem with the winners of this match is that they always go after the current Champions when they are weak an exausted. That makes it hard for me to view them as legit Champions.

Thats why I mentioned RVD. He cashed it in on a fresh Cena and made him come in a riot ready crowd. I find that ok.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Thats why I mentioned RVD. He cashed it in on a fresh Cena and made him come in a riot ready crowd. I find that ok.

That has to be the best crowd hands down.

"Yay!"-"Boo!-"Yay!"-"Boo!" <--The crowd while RVD an Cena were trading punches.

SilverGhost
09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
That has to be the best crowd hands down.

"Yay!"-"Boo!-"Yay!"-"Boo!" <--The crowd while RVD an Cena were trading punches.

That was tense! I was in awe when that happened.

In my mind, RVD used the MITB the right way.

Tha Crows Nest
09-25-2010, 10:22 AM
RVD defenitly had the best MITB cash in hands down it was his moment, at his show, in his arena, with his fans. Defenitly one of my all time favorite moments in all of wrestling. I think the writers know this and honestly I think the next time it happens it will be planned. I think it is overdue now for another face to win it and I think then they will cash in in advanced and become Champion.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-25-2010, 11:19 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing it turned into a tlc instead of ladder match might freshen it up and yes i agree that the cashin after the champ is weak thing sucks now setting a match for it at a ppv like cena vs rvd was the right thing to do so about time they do that again

SilverGhost
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing it turned into a tlc instead of ladder match might freshen it up and yes i agree that the cashin after the champ is weak thing sucks now setting a match for it at a ppv like cena vs rvd was the right thing to do so about time they do that again

Its good to see that people know the right way in cashing in the MITB. RVD is the perfect case.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Its good to see that people know the right way in cashing in the MITB. RVD is the perfect case.

it was a good way to do it put cena in the lions den and see him lose thank god lol i dont see the miz doing that sort of thing though

SilverGhost
09-26-2010, 11:27 AM
it was a good way to do it put cena in the lions den and see him lose thank god lol i dont see the miz doing that sort of thing though

I know. He is a heel. He will cash in when the champion is weak.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
i just hope he gets beat by a roll up or something i dont want him as a world champion

SilverGhost
09-26-2010, 11:39 AM
i just hope he gets beat by a roll up or something i dont want him as a world champion

I think he will get beat.

DirtySteal
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I would be dissapointed if Miz is the first person to lose when he cashes in the case.

Sure, he'll be a future champion but I dont think he's ready yet.

SilverGhost
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I would be dissapointed if Miz is the first person to lose when he cashes in the case.

Sure, he'll be a future champion but I dont think he's ready yet.

Brace for that disappointment xD

bcfccalum
09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I'd have liked to see the match become a regular match on Raw or Smackdown like once every couple of months, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

no way, i dont agree with there even being a MITB ppv it takes the prestige away from the match, and if it happened every couple of months it just wouldnt be exciting, also with the contract being for a title shot within 12 months, there could be 5 people with a briefcase at one time which would just be stupid.

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I would like the MITB to stay since it gives a good storyline storyline prep on who wins. I just want an epic cashing in like RVD. I know I am asking to much.

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.imsogangsta.org//gangsta/1012/popsicle-gangsta-popsicle-gangsta-1291633982.jpg

Enforcer23
07-12-2011, 03:51 AM
you know miz was starting to go all main eventer and at first i thought him having the title was just stuped buttt he showed what his got i hope someone new wins it this year

SaberToothTigerz
07-12-2011, 06:24 PM
wwe cant please everyone
and i honestly like having two mitb matches in the same ppv.