PDA

View Full Version : Women's wrestling

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I feel that this deserves a thread. What do you think of women's wrestling now? Do you think it could be the same as back then? Back then in my opinion had the greats like Lita, Victoria, and Trish that knew how to wrestle.

So the wise people here in the forum, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5q9F7ezkyw&feature=related Victoria's creepy tron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiDGiOD_5I Lita's tron with NO Edge ( I don't like the one with Edge)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UZ3kwsUx0s Trish's tron

(I put trons to remind us of them and makes the conversation better but that is what I believe)

If there are other great womens wrestlers then bring them up in the discussion.

merhardt03
09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Michelle McCool is doing a decent job today. Mickie was great. The rest arent much to speak of IMO. Beth could be something but injuries have held her back from greatness.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Michelle McCool is doing a decent job today. Mickie was great. The rest arent much to speak of IMO. Beth could be something but injuries have held her back from greatness.

I can't connect with McCool since the WWE put her with Layla and doing their crap stuff that is like TBP.

Mickie was good. I enjoyed watching her matches.

Beth can be the best at this time.

Ruggy
09-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Womens wrestling is just a showcase for women in scantily-clad clothing showing their knockers off, which I am all for ;) but the in-ring ability?? Come on, alot of viewers must switch off, which is why the matches are pretty short and sweet. I was watching an old survivor series (95) i think and it had Aludra Blayze in an 8 woman elimination match, I think I skipped to the next track....(rather quickly)....

DarkSide
09-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Disappointing...Although Layla does something in my pants...

Seriously, McCool comes across as arrogant and cold. And that has nothing to do with her character.

Their current wrestling style is too staccato and botch-tastic, but you can't really blame them as their WHOLE division only gets one match a week. Trish is still the best women's wrestler in WWE over the last 20 years.

They need more matches and need to be considered more than just sex objects by WWE brass.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 03:34 PM
They need more matches and need to be considered more than just sex objects by WWE brass.

I guess the PG era did just half of what you said.

xAzureSkye
09-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Womens wrestling is just a showcase for women in scantily-clad clothing showing their knockers off, which I am all for ;) but the in-ring ability?? Come on, alot of viewers must switch off, which is why the matches are pretty short and sweet. I was watching an old survivor series (95) i think and it had Aludra Blayze in an 8 woman elimination match, I think I skipped to the next track....(rather quickly)....

*rolls syes* you are one of those tyical fans who judge the womens wrestlers before watching their matches. they can put on great & LONG matches, e.g. (Mickie vs Melina Backlash, Trish vs Lita Unforgiven, Trish vs Jazz Insurexxtion) & plus Alundra Blayze was an amazing wrestler, she was the first female WCW Cruiserweight Champion. ok so maybe today in WWE & TNA the matches are not great. but if you take the olden days, when Divas competed in stee cage matches, hardcore, table & very athletic matches, then you will see that is WWe went back to TV-14 then the women can put on amazing matches!

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 04:08 PM
*rolls syes* you are one of those tyical fans who judge the womens wrestlers before watching their matches. they can put on great & LONG matches, e.g. (Mickie vs Melina Backlash, Trish vs Lita Unforgiven, Trish vs Jazz Insurexxtion) & plus Alundra Blayze was an amazing wrestler, she was the first female WCW Cruiserweight Champion. ok so maybe today in WWE & TNA the matches are not great. but if you take the olden days, when Divas competed in stee cage matches, hardcore, table & very athletic matches, then you will see that is WWe went back to TV-14 then the women can put on amazing matches!

There are other women wrestlers that did great. Chyna won the IC title and she can wrestle against guys (like Beth)

I know WWE and TNA did put their best women wrestlers in big matches. Hardcore or Steel Cage and give good matches.

I agree with what you said.

Ruggy
09-24-2010, 04:17 PM

Do you watch it??? Please be honest.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Do you watch it??? Please be honest.

I watch womens wrestling as much as I can xD I do admit that there will be botches but cut them some slack. They are not 300 pound monsters, they are women and they want to show us what they can do with their in ring ability.

MICHAEL SAVELLI
09-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Gail Kim why did you leaves tna and wwe the frist time

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Gail Kim why did you leaves tna and wwe the frist time

You know....that question is annoying now. Have you tried doing research?

MICHAEL SAVELLI
09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Lita, Victoria, and Trish why did they leaves wwe

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 04:39 PM

Again. Research why. But seriously this one is a no brainer. -.-

nrb6304
09-24-2010, 09:21 PM

do you ask anything besides why somebody left the WWE? :/

eyehatecena
09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
WWE womens wrestling was much better yrs ago. Back when Jazz, Victoria, Trish, Molly, Gail Kim, Ivory...and yes even Chyna was decent. Marlena, Sable, Dawn Marie, and Torrie Wilson were really just eye candy, but were still better to watch in the ring than some of todays women. WWEs recent women talent- with the exception of Gail Kim, Beth, Melina, and Mickie are(in Mickies case was) are the only ones worth watching in the ring. Nattie Niedhart is too, but she rarely wrestles. Katie Lea was pretty good too, but was not in the ring enough.
Uo until a few months ago- TNA had the advanatge with their womens talent. Amazing Kong, Sarah Stock(Sarita), Angelina Love, etc. but it seems most of the women are gone- but they are still more entertaining than your Eve, Kelly Kelly, Alisha Fox matches- unless Lacey Von Erich is in the ring- she is hot- but painful to watch when she wrestles..

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 10:48 PM
WWE womens wrestling was much better yrs ago. Back when Jazz, Victoria, Trish, Molly, Gail Kim, Ivory...and yes even Chyna was decent. Marlena, Sable, Dawn Marie, and Torrie Wilson were really just eye candy, but were still better to watch in the ring than some of todays women. WWEs recent women talent- with the exception of Gail Kim, Beth, Melina, and Mickie are(in Mickies case was) are the only ones worth watching in the ring. Nattie Niedhart is too, but she rarely wrestles. Katie Lea was pretty good too, but was not in the ring enough.
Uo until a few months ago- TNA had the advanatge with their womens talent. Amazing Kong, Sarah Stock(Sarita), Angelina Love, etc. but it seems most of the women are gone- but they are still more entertaining than your Eve, Kelly Kelly, Alisha Fox matches- unless Lacey Von Erich is in the ring- she is hot- but painful to watch when she wrestles..

I thought that TNA would have it when it came to the womens division. But look at it now.

jethro
09-25-2010, 09:52 AM
wwe divas = tna knockout,they're pretty much the same,thank goodness no more 'we are different than divas' crap from the knockout.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
You guys should check out Shimmer an Wrestlicious if you haven't yet.

IrkenInvader
09-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I've seen Wrestlicious those horrible comedy bits undermine every thing they do.

eyehatecena
09-25-2010, 10:02 PM
I thought that TNA would have it when it came to the womens division. But look at it now.

They still have one of the hottest women who can actually wrestle - Angelina Love- the other hot woman who can actually wrestle- Gail Kim

I do want to check out Shimmer though

IrkenInvader
09-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Shimmer is good, but they have most of TNA's knockout division wrestling for them, and Serena Deeb from WWE

SilverGhost
09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I wanna check out Shimmer. See if the women can do great wrestling.