PDA

View Full Version : Should Rampage Jackson join the WWE?

the-rocks-stunner
05-18-2011, 08:08 PM
He's been hinting at it over the past year so why shouldn't he give it a bash before it's to late

Robstar
05-18-2011, 08:30 PM
If he can work as a wrestler, take bumps and such I could see it. It's a different beast though

the-rocks-stunner
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
He is a beast though!

Iron Ape
05-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Scripted, toned-down Rampage doesn't interest me much, to be honest. It would be, like, the polar opposite of what makes him appealing in the first place.

Rich Cranium
05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
He would probably do a Mayweather and just do one off attraction at a PPV.

thedominator92
05-19-2011, 06:21 AM
he is going to turn 35 soon, so i doubt vince would give him a chance. TNA on the other hand...

Tommy Thunder
05-19-2011, 07:16 AM
In a word; No, he should not.

68wPayne
05-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Rampage needs to keep it in the cage

hankamania83
05-19-2011, 09:13 AM
i think it would be cool to see Rampage in the ring, i agree though he would have to be able to take the bumps, and not look like a wanna be.
he has appeal, id like to see him do a a short stint something like Goldberg in WWE {03-04} and have a beast send off match. but its whatever

thejman93
05-19-2011, 05:53 PM
One off at WM28? Sure but not full time.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
05-19-2011, 08:04 PM
I think he would fit in perfectly. He already is a character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1MAADq2VXA

THE_CRIPPLER
05-20-2011, 01:00 AM
No he would never make it.... I seen him on Raw, he would not make it in Wrestling.

chunkkynutzzz
05-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Rampage is perfect for WWE ..his antics his promo skills ..now I don't know if he can actually take bumps and wrestle in a Ring.But he is in tune with the wwe product ..and he would be an attraction ..I say make him a face and lettem team up with Ezekial Jackson ..and have some type of in the family program against The Corre on smackdown a taped show.Just to protect any flaws .

Theusernamepokeofdoom
05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I'd love to see it. But if he were to give a stiff hit..It might be an accidental knock out..Seeing as he does MMA.

eboy
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
i dont thinks so hes UFC MAin Guy now Couture is retired

Iron Ape
05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
i dont thinks so hes UFC MAin Guy now Couture is retired
Um, no. GSP is the UFC's main guy, hands down. Rampage wouldn't even make their top 3.

Master BaTor
05-29-2011, 05:50 PM
rampage has said once he makes more in acting than in mma he is gone. But he is already 32 going on 33 so i doubt the E would spend time to develop him

Master BaTor
05-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I think he would fit in perfectly. He already is a character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1MAADq2VXA

This is fake. Rampage doesn't throw leg kicks.

Master BaTor
05-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Nevermind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1pMlhFU-I&feature=fvwrel

Automatic
05-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Nevermind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1pMlhFU-I&feature=fvwrel

And he managed to get away without a lawsuit. Very well done.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-29-2011, 08:25 PM
he is going to turn 35 soon, so i doubt vince would give him a chance. TNA on the other hand...

Ken Shamrock was in his thirties when he started wrestling for the WWF

the-rocks-stunner
05-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Ken Shamrock was in his thirties when he started wrestling for the WWF

he is actually 32 nearly 33 so yeah he could make it in WWE

eboy
05-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Um, no. GSP is the UFC's main guy, hands down. Rampage wouldn't even make their top 3.

I meant in the way of films endorsements ect. not talking about OCtogon talent

Iron Ape
05-30-2011, 09:09 AM
I meant in the way of films endorsements ect. not talking about OCtogon talent
I wasn't talking about octagon talent, either, but rather who sells them the most PPVs (and that ain't Rampage). GSP smokes him on the endorsement front, too (as do several others).

And after the whole debacle of Rampage stepping away from the UFC to make A-Team and infuriating Dana in the process, I really, really don't see how his involvement in that one under-performing film in any way makes him the UFC's top guy.

Kashdinero
05-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I wasn't talking about octagon talent, either, but rather who sells them the most PPVs (and that ain't Rampage). GSP smokes him on the endorsement front, too (as do several others).

And after the whole debacle of Rampage stepping away from the UFC to make A-Team and infuriating Dana in the process, I really, really don't see how his involvement in that one under-performing film in any way makes him the UFC's top guy.

But... But... But, he p-p-played Mr T! A-And e-e-everybod-dy loves the A-A-Team!! :)

maar13
05-30-2011, 03:25 PM
If he wants it, he can, if the WWE wants him they could get him.

The man is not against the idea, from what he said he would be willing to. The think here is durability, and I am not really talking if he can take bumps, because just see the guy, he sure can, he can learn what it is needed to be a pro-wrestler adn the guy si charismatic enough to make it and has some mic skills on his own. The statement is, would he resist to endure the hectic shecule with out it taking its tool on him? At this stage of his life (33), probably like some time off here an there, even if he trains daily, he has hos off days, in the WWE and starting, his off days would e less and pretty much will be for trainning or something else, also, star knowing that not everything is going to go his way, doesn't matter if he can kicks everyone's ass backstage, if creative does not find a good program for him, he is going to be a little frustrated, like Ken was in the end of his run as well as his desire of fight again.

In my opinion it would do more harm than good for both sides. He as the star he is, probably will get a nice push gettign in, but later if he doesn't get pushed for what ever reason it would be counter productive for him. Also, joinning I am pretty he is going to lose some adepts that will say he is "selling out" to pro-wrestling so to speak.

Counter productive for WWE, because again, it will make believe pro-wrestling like something anyone can do and all outsiders (Rourke, Snooky, etc), can defeat any pro-wrestler any given day, which is not true, everyone can pretend for 5 minutes, but to really endure that, it's a different story.

Is like The Big Show Vs Mayweather situation. I respect Mayweather but lets get real, as fast as the guy can be, as good boxer as he can be and as resciliant as he can be, in a real fight, seriously, The Big Show will kill Mayweather and we all know it. I know that there are goin to be defender of the guy and tell me that in a real fight Mayweather will do this and Show can't do that....blah, blah, blah, at th eend of the day if they went at it, it doesn't matter if Floyd gets 200 punches on Paul, Paul will rip his head off with one puch or will send him to the other side of the street with one kick.

So all in all, I hope he doesn't.

eboy
05-30-2011, 03:38 PM
But... But... But, he p-p-played Mr T! A-And e-e-everybod-dy loves the A-A-Team!! :)

Thats what i though also he's getting lots of Movies and stuff so In terms nof star Power he's up there

Iron Ape
05-30-2011, 05:40 PM
What are all these movies that you're talking about? He only has one project on the horizon and it's direct-to-video garbage (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0849437/). :confused:

Iron Ape
05-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Haha.

It's kind of a shame that A-Team bombed at the box office (though, to be fair, it wasn't very good). Maybe then Rampage wouldn't be having to slum it in DTV land with the likes of Steven Seagal and Stone Cold.

Rehmix
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
I would love to see Rampage in the WWE ring. That would be cool to me. I could see him being a heel or a face.

the-rocks-stunner
05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Haha.

It's kind of a shame that A-Team bombed at the box office (though, to be fair, it wasn't very good). Maybe then Rampage wouldn't be having to slum it in DTV land with the likes of Steven Seagal and Stone Cold.

it didn't do that bad it made 60 million plus dvd sales

Iron Ape
05-30-2011, 07:28 PM
it didn't do that bad it made 60 million plus dvd sales
Its production budget was over $120 million, plus it cost over $40 million to market. So, yes, it did do that bad.

Rich Cranium
05-30-2011, 08:27 PM
IF dude was smart with his money, he can just retire!

the-rocks-stunner
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
IF dude was smart with his money, he can just retire!

Rich are you back?!?!?!?