PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 Video Games

TheMadThinker
05-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Submit your personal favorite top 20 video games?

It should be the games you spent most of your misguided youth and present time playing and not necessarily the greatest games in history according to critics and general consensus.

TheMadThinker
05-18-2011, 02:16 AM
In no particular order:

1. Sim City 2
2. Street Fighter 2
3. Romacne of Three Kingdoms IV
4. Halo: Combat Evolved
5. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
6. Mass Effect 2
7. Command & Conquer: Generals
8. Hitman: Blood Money
9. Tetris
10. Super Mario Bros. 3
11. Civilization V
12. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
13. Shenmue
14. Street Fighter Alpha
15. Mass Effect
16. Shenmue 2
17. Splinter Cell
18: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
19. The Godfather
20. Streets of Rage

samoan619
05-18-2011, 02:18 AM
No Specific Order

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Red Dead Redemption
Chrono Trigger
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Suikoden 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Shenmue 2
Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Def Jam: Fight For New York
WWF No Mercy 64
Final Fantasy III (6)
Suikoden 3
Final Fantasy IX
WCW vs NWO Revenge 64
Suikoden
Def Jam Vendetta
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Radiant Historia
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Lost Odyssey

Edit: Honorable Mentions: Brave Fencer Musashi, Shenmue, River City Ransom, Final Fantasy VII, Killer Instinct, God of War III, Dragon Age Origins, Dead Rising 2, Ogre Battle, Mother 3, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Leisure Suit Larry VGA, Bioshock, Ghostbusters, Fable III, Soul Calibur IV, Legend Of Zelda Link To The Past, and Star Ocean II

TheMadThinker
05-18-2011, 02:23 AM
No Specific Order

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Red Dead Redemption
Chrono Trigger
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Suikoden 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Shenmue 2Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Def Jam: Fight For New York
WWF No Mercy 64
Final Fantasy III (6)
Suikoden 3
Final Fantasy IX
WCW vs NWO Revenge 64
Suikoden
Def Jam Vendetta
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Radiant Historia
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Lost Odyssey

I really hope we get Shenmue 3 one day. It is wrong to leave us hanging the way they did.

Lan Di must pay for what he did. :)

samoan619
05-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Maaaan I feel the same way.. I remember we go to the cave with the Chinese chick we get the mirror and thats it lolol.. I read on the recent Game Informer that Shenmue 3 might be in the works.. Capsule toys and working a job should be back in our lives sooner than soon..

TheMadThinker
05-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Maaaan I feel the same way.. I remember we go to the cave with the Chinese chick we get the mirror and thats it lolol.. I read on the recent Game Informer that Shenmue 3 might be in the works.. Capsule toys and working a job should be back in our lives sooner than soon..

Yeah, I have heard the same rumors about a sequel. The creator Yu Suzuki really wants to do it, but Sega is uneasy about it because they feel it will not make money. I think it will happen one day.

The whole quaint early 80's feel to the game was part of the appeal to me.

North Vegas Benny
05-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Here is my list in no particular order:

Super Mario Bros. (original, the first game I ever played I was like 5 and got an nes for christmas)
Tetris (I also got this with my nes and keep buying it for every system I have had)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II
Resident Evil II
Resident Evil IV
Madden (any year any system I am the greatest)
Golden Eye 007 (N64)
Street Fighter (all of them)
Mortal Kombat (all of them)
Tekken (all of them)
Marvel Vs Campcom (all of them)
Soul Calibur (all of them even when it was Soul Edge)
WWE No Mercy
Batman Arkham Asylum
Spiderman (N64)
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

I'm kinda a mark for Nintendo because it was my first system, and I have had every console since.

samoan619
05-18-2011, 03:19 AM

Super Mario Bros. (original, the first game I ever played I was like 5 and got an nes for christmas)
Tetris (I also got this with my nes and keep buying it for every system I have had)
Resident Evil II
Resident Evil IV
Golden Eye 007 (N64)
Tekken (all of them)
WWE No Mercy
Batman Arkham Asylum
Spiderman (N64)
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I'm kinda a mark for Nintendo because it was my first system, and I have had every console since.

Aint nothing wrong with that, I play the Nintendo DSI more than my 360 and PS3 these days..

TheMadThinker
05-18-2011, 03:37 AM

Resident Evil II
Resident Evil IV
Golden Eye 007 (N64)
Tekken (all of them)
WWE No Mercy
Batman Arkham Asylum
Spiderman (N64)
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I played Goldeneye quite a bit back in the day. I think that was the game that finally got the 1st person shooter right for console gaming. Aside from graphics 1st person shooters really have not changed much since then.

SnaggleTooth
05-18-2011, 04:44 AM
WARNING: OLD FART ALERT

Kaboom! - Atari 2600 (first video game I ever mastered)
M.U.L.E. - Commodore 64
B-17 Bomber - Intellivision
Space Ace - Arcade
Gauntlet II - Arcade

Tiger Woods 2006 - Xbox
Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - Xbox
Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion
Fallout 3 - PS3/PC
Fallout: New Vegas - PC

Robotron - Arcade
Karate Champ - Arcade
Addams Family Pinball - Arcade
Silent Hill 2 - Xbox/PS2
Bioshock - PS3/PC

The Orange Box - PS3
Eternal Darkness - Gamecube
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Dreamcast
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - Xbox (only video game that ever made me cry)
Beyond Good and Evil - Xbox/PS2

Special Mention: Oddworld games, other Silent Hills, Resident Evil 4, older Burnout series, Pac-Man, Final Fantasy 2, 7, 8, 12, Tetris, Batman: Arkham Asylum, The Incredible Machine, Manhunt, Delta Force series, Rainbow Six, Dragon Age: Origins, Fatal Frame 2, Sniper Elite, Rule of Rose, Super Monkey Ball, Metal Gear Solid 2, Enigmo, Professor Layton games, Castlevania series, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Columns, Oxyd, Darkseed, Miner 2049'er, Sargon, Epyx Olympic Games series, Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D, Borderlands, and many more that I've forgotten.

TheMadThinker
05-18-2011, 05:00 AM

M.U.L.E. - Commodore 64
Space Ace - Arcade
Gauntlet II - Arcade

Tiger Woods 2006 - Xbox
Fallout 3 - PS3/PC

Robotron - Arcade
Karate Champ - Arcade
Silent Hill 2 - Xbox/PS2
Bioshock - PS3/PC

The Orange Box - PS3

Special Mention: Oddworld games, other Silent Hills, Resident Evil 4, older Burnout series, Pac-Man, Final Fantasy 2, 7, 8, 12, Tetris, Batman: Arkham Asylum, The Incredible Machine, Manhunt, Delta Force series, Rainbow Six, Dragon Age: Origins, Fatal Frame 2, Sniper Elite, Rule of Rose, Super Monkey Ball, Metal Gear Solid 2, Enigmo, Professor Layton games, Castlevania series, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Columns, Oxyd, Darkseed, Miner 2049'er, Sargon, Epyx Olympic Games series, Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D, Borderlands, and many more that I've forgotten.

Commodore 64? Intellivision? Do you have an 8 track player as well? :)

I owned a C64 myself. I did not own it but I remember playing the home version of Pong.

SnaggleTooth
05-18-2011, 05:05 AM
My parents owned an 8-track! AM-radio fidelity in the palm of your hand!!

My first video game console was this POS thing that had two paddles built into the main console and a craptastic light gun. The games? Pong and Shoot-the-big-friggin'-square-bouncing-on-the-screen!

WOW!

samoan619
05-18-2011, 05:37 AM

M.U.L.E. - Commodore 64
Space Ace - Arcade
Gauntlet II - Arcade

Tiger Woods 2006 - Xbox
Fallout 3 - PS3/PC

Robotron - Arcade
Karate Champ - Arcade
Silent Hill 2 - Xbox/PS2
Bioshock - PS3/PC

The Orange Box - PS3

I had to bold some of the games I loved that I forgot to mention..
Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls game I have ever played and I never left it since.. Eternal Darkness, I beat it 3 times just to get the real ending and to fight the three different monster bosses, the pop ups out of nowhere like erasing your memory card and such was genius.. No game has done it quite like Eternal Darkness since then (this one shouldve been in my top 20).. Arkham Asylum doesnt really need an explanation because im pretty sure the majority already played this amazing game.. Then there's Fatal Frame 2 which was the best in the series just because of the twins and the ghost town they were in, my girlfriend at the time when this game released used to be scared shitless playing this game.. I used to tell her just go already, its not like you're gonna die in real life lolol.. But that was a great horror game with an eerie story.. Speaking of eerie, Rule of Rose, cuts the cake.. Whenever I bring this game up in general conversation it's either people never heard of it or they tried it and hated it.. But I loved it, the story reminded me of a secret society children of the corn type thing, with plenty of twists and turns.. The music on there was top notch, I actually have the theme song I am a Love Suicide on my mp3 player.. Professor Layton, this game is magical and I have the 3 that released here in America for the DS.. Riddles, music, great voice acting and animation is what draws you into this game.. Then the free puzzles you can download later is just the added bonus (cant forget the passwords that are used for previous and future games).. Castlevania is hit and miss with me, not that they are bad games, but my favorites were Castlevania II for NES, Super Castlevania, the not so popular Castlevania 64 and the Sorrow series (Dawn and Aria, my favorites of all the Castlevanias).. And then Borderlands which is fun as hell, it has the post apocalyptic world of Fallout but it gives it a comic vibe, all the dlc is great and satisfying and the original last boss that came out the gateway, it took me a minute to handle that fucker lolol..

SnaggleTooth
05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
And then Borderlands which is fun as hell, it has the post apocalyptic world of Fallout but it gives it a comic vibe, all the dlc is great and satisfying and the original last boss that came out the gateway, it took me a minute to handle that fucker lolol..

Fallout 3 - angst = Borderlands, but at least New Vegas was less gloomy.

Usually most RPGs I'll play though the first time as a neutral good character, and then for the replay I'll either mod the game into ridiculousness or become the sadistic angry god and try to become the Last Thing Alive.

Edit: As for Rule of Rose, for people who don't get it I suggest watching The Orphanage / El orfanato first. It's a slightly different twist on the same theme but the two independent projects are so similar you'd think they'd be throwing infringement lawsuits at each other.

SESAfro
05-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Where in the hell is Pacman?!

Pacman
Tetris
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
Castlevania
Halo 2
Portal
WWF No Mercy
Super Mario Kart
WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Pong
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Dig Dug
Metal Slug
MegaMan 6
Bloody Roar
Blaz Blue Continuum Shift

samoan619
05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Edit: As for Rule of Rose, for people who don't get it I suggest watching The Orphanage / El orfanato first. It's a slightly different twist on the same theme but the two independent projects are so similar you'd think they'd be throwing infringement lawsuits at each other.

Orphanage is a great movie.. I own a lot of Guillermo Del Toro's films: Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth, The Hellboy films and The Orphanage.. And Rule of Rose is a lot more twisted, those Red Crayon girls definitely made an impression on the game..

Where in the hell is Pacman?!

Pacman
Tetris
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
Castlevania
Halo 2
Portal
WWF No Mercy
Super Mario Kart
WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Pong
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Dig Dug
Metal Slug
MegaMan 6
Bloody Roar
Blaz Blue Continuum Shift

The first two Kingdom Hearts were dope, the way they melted both Disney and Square's universes were magical.. I own the handheld KH games also, which were pretty good but nothing like the PS2 versions.. And I look back at Bloody Roar with great memories, we used to play all night with my boys on this game, we'd get drunk and high and start up the Bloody Roar.. Little known fact about the game, is that people never knew that this game was a spin-off from Guyver (comic, live action movie, & anime) back in the 80s..

HeelTurn
05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
In no real order

1. Mass Effect
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Final Fantasy 8 and 12
4. GTA Vice City
5. Star Wars KotOR
6. Resident Evil 2 and 4
7. Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
8. Super Mario Bros 3
9. Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
10. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
11. Metal Gear Solid 2
12. Metroid 3
13. Tombi
14. Assassins Creed 2
15. Marvel vs Capcom 3
16. Dead Rising 2
17. Beyond Good And Evil
18. Sonic Adventure 2
19. Super Mario 64
20. Dynasty Warriors 3

samoan619
05-18-2011, 03:03 PM
In no real order

1. Mass Effect
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Final Fantasy 8 and 12
4. GTA Vice City
5. Star Wars KotOR
6. Resident Evil 2 and 4
7. Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
8. Super Mario Bros 3
9. Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
10. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
11. Metal Gear Solid 2
12. Metroid 3
13. Tombi
14. Assassins Creed 2
15. Marvel vs Capcom 3
16. Dead Rising 2
17. Beyond Good And Evil
18. Sonic Adventure 2
19. Super Mario 64
20. Dynasty Warriors 3

Tombi is called Tomba in the states.. Both games that released here was amazing, hands down the best platforming ive played besides the Mario series

HeelTurn
05-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Tombi is called Tomba in the states.. Both games that released here was amazing, hands down the best platforming ive played since the Mario series

Awesome, someone else who knows what it is haha. Yeah they were great great games, shame the company went out of business after only making 2 games.

samoan619
05-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Awesome, someone else who knows what it is haha. Yeah they were great great games, shame the company went out of business after only making 2 games.

What other game had you latch on to the head of dwarves to learn their language.. The game was a platformer but so much like an RPG, I hope someone picks up this franchise and re-releases it on a handheld or downloadable content.. I would purchase it in a heartbeat..

HeelTurn
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
What other game had you latch on to the head of dwarves to learn their language.. The game was a platformer but so much like an RPG, I hope someone picks up this franchise and re-releases it on a handheld or downloadable content.. I would purchase it in a heartbeat..

yeah or made you throw pigs into giant bags, good times. I would love a HD re-release on the 360 or PS3

SESAfro
05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
The first two Kingdom Hearts were dope, the way they melted both Disney and Square's universes were magical.. I own the handheld KH games also, which were pretty good but nothing like the PS2 versions.. And I look back at Bloody Roar with great memories, we used to play all night with my boys on this game, we'd get drunk and high and start up the Bloody Roar.. Little known fact about the game, is that people never knew that this game was a spin-off from Guyver (comic, live action movie, & anime) back in the 80s..
I so didn't know that. I though it was just a random high programmer with a dream. Bloody Roar was the game that got me into Fighting games. I so wish they would make one for the current gen just for nostalgia sake.

They need to hurry up with Kingdom Hearts 3 already! *rage*

Tommy Thunder
05-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Here's me top 20 (in no order, I couldn't possibly put them in order!!):

Half Life 2
Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Underworld
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
COD MW2
Fifa 10
Fifa 2005
Fifa 2000
Splinter Cell Conviction
GTA 4
Need for Speed 2 (not the new ones, the old school ones on the PC)
007 Nightfire
Gran Turismo 4
Assassin's Creed
WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role
Rockband (Beatles version)

thejman93
05-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Underworld
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Now we know who Tommy jerks off to. :D:p

samoan619
05-18-2011, 03:52 PM

LMAO Lara Croft gets the Thunder hand technique.... Thunder hand technique... LMAO

68wPayne
05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Chrono Trigger
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Final Fantasy III (US Version, I think it is like 6 in Japan)
Final Fantasy II (Again, US Version)
Super Mario Brothers 3
Pokemon
Secret of Evermore
Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Shadow Man
WWE No Mercy
WCW/NWO Revenge
Perfect Dark 64
Super Mario 64
Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse

KJ PUNK
05-18-2011, 03:57 PM
No specific order:

1. MLB: The Show 09
2. God of War
3. God of War 2
4. God of War 3
5. Guitar Hero 2
6. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
7. Donkey Kong Country
8. WCW vs nWo World Tour
9. WWF No Mercy
10. WWF Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth
11. Tekken 3
12. Super Mario World
13. Mario Kart 64
14. WCW vs nWo Revenge
15. Medal of Honor
16. Grand Theft Auto 3
17. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
18. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
19. Super Smash Bros.
20. Super Smash Bros. Melee

thejman93
05-18-2011, 03:59 PM
LMAO Lara Croft gets the Thunder hand technique.... Thunder hand technique... LMAO

http://pw0nd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

samoan619
05-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Chrono Trigger
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Final Fantasy III (US Version, I think it is like 6 in Japan)
Final Fantasy II (Again, US Version)
Super Mario Brothers 3
Pokemon
Secret of Evermore
Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Shadow Man
WWE No Mercy
WCW/NWO Revenge
Perfect Dark 64
Super Mario 64
Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse

MUA2 was great for a Marvel mark like myself, it didnt have the actual Civil War story going but the elements of it still made it an enjoyable game for someone like myself (MUA 1 was a great game, but I wasnt satisfied with the story) .. Final Fantasy II (IV) was the first video game that tugged at my heart strings as a kid playing it.. When the twins sacrificed themselves, I was in awe because I never had to go through that on a video game before (especially since they were my go to characters on the game).. Kain, Cecil, and Rosa was a story full of backstabbing and redemption, then when you could finally control Golbez, it couldnt get no better than that.. Secret of Evermore, a boy and his dog, another great RPG from the SNES era, I didnt play this one until I got my PSP modded with all the SNES, Genesis, Gameboy and NES games.. Actually Ive got an extensive collection of ROMS, all translated already since ive already ran them thru the ipswizard, so I can tell you right now, ive played basically almost every RPG under the sun from the 16 bit era.. I bet people wonder how I fit music, family life, video games, comics and movies all into my life lolol, well I sleep only 2-3 hours a day and when im high and drunk I can handle a whole lot of things lolol..

Bodom
05-18-2011, 05:11 PM
WWF No Mercy
Pokemon Yellow
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Guitar Hero
Star Wars Jedi Night II: Jedi Outcast
Diablo II
Puzzle Quest
Time Crisis
Final Fantasy X
Duke Nukem 3D
Castle Wolfenstein
Heretic
Perfect Dark 64
Goldeneye 64

samoan619
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
WWF No Mercy
Pokemon Yellow
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Guitar Hero
Star Wars Jedi Night II: Jedi Outcast
Diablo II
Puzzle Quest
Time Crisis
Final Fantasy X
Duke Nukem 3D
Castle Wolfenstein
Heretic
Perfect Dark 64
Goldeneye 64

Heretic was the perfect alternative to Doom and the first person shooters back then.. I remember being turned into a chicken on that game and being slaughtered lolol.. I had this for the PC..

RomanFlare
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen Please! Will you bring your attention to me? A list for your eyes to see! An explosion of awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!

1) Shadow of the Colossus
2) God of War 1
3) Portal 2
4) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
5) Psychonauts
6) Metal Gear Solid 4: Some random subtitle
7) God of War 3
8) Final Fantasy 7
9) Final Fantasy 8
10) Kingdom of Loathing (browser based MMO. It's hilarious)
11) Sly Cooper 3
12) Jak 3
13) Final Fantasy X
14) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
15) Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
16) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
17) Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
18) Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
19) Plants vs Zombies
20) Pokemon Red/Blue
http://www.realworld101.org/storage/approved%20stamp.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=12 36604029951

My list is SUPER Playstation heavy.

samoan619
05-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen Please! Will you bring your attention to me? A list for your eyes to see! An explosion of awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!

1) Shadow of the Colossus
2) God of War 1
3) Portal 2
4) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
5) Psychonauts
6) Metal Gear Solid 4: Some random subtitle
7) God of War 3
8) Final Fantasy 7
9) Final Fantasy 8
10) Kingdom of Loathing (browser based MMO. It's hilarious)
11) Sly Cooper 3
12) Jak 3
13) Final Fantasy X
14) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
15) Legend of Zelda Twilight/Majoras Mark/Ocarina (It's a tie. They're all amazing games, and MM is one of best games ever for being subtly REALLY dark)

http://www.realworld101.org/storage/approved%20stamp.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=12 36604029951
Maaaaaan Shadow Of The Collossus shouldve been in my top 20, that game was epic and beautiful.. You know a game is great when you kill a giant collossus and it breaks your heart to see them fall, its poetic in a way on how the cinematics and the music changes as they fall to their death (superb choice).. Snake Eater was my favorite out of the Metal Gear Solid Series, well besides the original Metal Gear for NES.. Psychonauts was a great game to run through, the bizarre art and the different worlds in each person's mind of the game made this game unforgettable.. Item collecting has never been this fun lolol.. Then Majora's Mask, which was on my list, is my favorite of the LOZ series also.. The dark tones, the ability to become things by wearing masks, the whole moon is going to fall/end of the world in a set amount of time, and the characters/sidequests itself made this my standout choice..

CGBigMan
05-18-2011, 06:04 PM
No Order

Tetris
Super Mario Bros
Blazblue Calamity Trigger
Blazblue Continuum Shift
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Mortal Kombat 9
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Call of Duty 4
Pokemon(All)
Portal
Sonic 2
GTA 4
Dead Rising
Borderlands
Team Fortress 2
FIFA(All)
GTA San Andreas
Tekken 2
Trials HD

RomanFlare
05-18-2011, 06:57 PM
No Order

Tetris
Super Mario Bros
Blazblue Calamity Trigger
Blazblue Continuum Shift
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Mortal Kombat 9
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Call of Duty 4
Pokemon(All)
Portal
Sonic 2
GTA 4
Dead Rising
Borderlands
Team Fortress 2
FIFA(All)
GTA San Andreas
Tekken 2
Trials HD

I've heard GREAT things about these games.

Also, here's the link to a game I mentioned. Titties (http://kingdomofloathing.com)
If you like RPGs and cultural references, and have an hour or two a day to just spend clicking buttons, I recommend checking this out. It's a great established game with a terrific community (and it just recently got renovated to make it even bosser.)

Tommy Thunder
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Hey! Lara Croft is HOT!! (check out Alison Carroll)
But seriously, IMO, Tomb Raider is the finest series ever.

Tommy Thunder
05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Sorry, but anyone without Tomb Raider on their list, isn't worthy!!

Bodom
05-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I've heard GREAT things about these games.

Also, here's the link to a game I mentioned. Titties (http://kingdomofloathing.com)
If you like RPGs and cultural references, and have an hour or two a day to just spend clicking buttons, I recommend checking this out. It's a great established game with a terrific community (and it just recently got renovated to make it even bosser.)

I remember this game! I had completely forgotten about it until you posted that link. I haven't played KoL in YEARS. Game was so boss.

Bodom
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM

I'v never played any of the Tomb Raiders.

Tommy Thunder
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I'v never played any of the Tomb Raiders.

You're missing out man. I recommend playing the first 4, and the latest 2 (Legend and Underworld). The download one is worth a shot too, 'Guardian of Light'. I'd recommend that .

RomanFlare
05-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I remember this game! I had completely forgotten about it until you posted that link. I haven't played KoL in YEARS. Game was so boss.

Bodom is a former KoL Addict? :O Dude, what was your username!?

Bodom
05-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Bodom is a former KoL Addict? :O Dude, what was your username!?

I have no friggin idea. I just remembered 5 minutes ago that this game existed.

I actually just made a new account. Im in the caves of Mt. Noob :)

Pastamancer FTW

RomanFlare
05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
I have no friggin idea. I just remembered 5 minutes ago that this game existed.

I actually just made a new account. Im in the caves of Mt. Noob :)

Pastamancer FTW

Already added xD Disco Bandit, wtf? (Actually, I like the Turtle Tamer better. Shields are pro.)

YEAH! 500 posts like a champ! *demands a mid-card title*

Bodom
05-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Already added xD Disco Bandit, wtf? (Actually, I like the Turtle Tamer better. Shields are pro.)

YEAH! 500 posts like a champ! *demands a mid-card title*

It was all about the Pastamancer for me back in the day.

RomanFlare
05-18-2011, 07:57 PM
It was all about the Pastamancer for me back in the day.

If you keep playing the game, hit me up. I can set you up with some good shit and a good clan if you get into it.

Bodom
05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
If you keep playing the game, hit me up. I can set you up with some good shit and a good clan if you get into it.

So what have they changed? It looks like it hasn't.

RomanFlare
05-18-2011, 08:00 PM
So what have they changed? It looks like it hasn't.

2005? Uhmm, they added a clan dungeon that is absolutely AWESOME. You might've left before they installed NS13, or pushed the Naughty Sorceross back to level 13 with two new quests... oh, and yesterday they revamped the entire ascension thing! It's a lot better than it use to be.

Sypheres
05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
In no particular order:

1) Resident Evil 2 (PS)
2) WCW v NWO Revenge (N64)
3) Goldeneye (N64)
4) Counterstrike (PC) - got through a few keyboards and mice playing that!
5) Anarchy Online (PC) - current
6) Elite Force/Elite Force 2 online (PC)
7) Zelda 1 and 2 (NES)
8) Elite (NES) / Frontier (Amiga 1200)
9) Batman (NES)
10) Rome Total War (PC)
11) Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
12) Black Ops (PC)
13) Unreal Tournament (PC) - All of em
14) Quake (PC) - All of em lol
15) Ghostbusters (C64) - Nostalgia!
16) Maniac Mansion (NES)
17) Syndicate (PC and Amiga iirc)
18) Solar Jetman (NES)
19) Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
20) Forsaken (PC and N64)

Honourable mention - All of the GTA titles :)
Syph

Necroyeti
05-19-2011, 10:56 AM
A-Z (because they're all p. much equally good anyway)

Braid
Cave Story
Chip's Challenge
Day of the Tentacle
Duke Nukem 3D
Earthbound
Final Fantasy VI
Goldeneye 007
Guardian Heroes
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
LSD: Dream Emulator
Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge
Mother 3
NHL 98
Perfect Cherry Blossom
Radiant Silvergun
Rez
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Streets of Rage II
The World Ends With You

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

3. Need For Speed: Underground

4. Need For Speed: Most Wanted

5. Smackdown!: Here Comes The Pain

6. Smackdown!: Shut Your Mouth

7. WWF No Mercy

8.Twisted Metal

9. Dynasty Warriors 3

10. Urban Chaos

11. Crash Bandicoot

12. Call Of Duty: Black Ops

13. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

14. FreekStyle

15. Batman: Arkham Asylum

16. Medal Of Honor: Europeon Assault

17. Vigilante 8

18. Crush Hour (Yeah.. I actually liked that game)

19. Spyro The Dragon

20. Syphon Filter

samoan619
05-20-2011, 04:19 AM
A-Z (because they're all p. much equally good anyway)

Braid
Cave Story
Chip's Challenge
Day of the Tentacle
Duke Nukem 3D
Earthbound
Final Fantasy VI
Goldeneye 007
Guardian Heroes
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
LSD: Dream Emulator
Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge
Mother 3
NHL 98
Perfect Cherry Blossom
Radiant Silvergun
Rez
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Streets of Rage II
The World Ends With You

Cave Story is dope, I got it as DSIware and there's so much in this game, it reeks of old school awesomeness like the Scott Pilgrim movie.. Definitely a great choice.. Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island were both highlighted because I can really appreciate a great point and click adventure (Leisure Suit Larry series were my favorites back then).. The World Ends With You was dope too, the world reminded me of the Jet Set(Grind) Radio games but the gameplay itself was like no other RPG ive ever played.. I spent countless hours leveling up medals before beating the game and then there's the bonus game after that adds the cherry on top.. Which finally leads us to Earthbound and Mother 3, two games from the same series which has same bizarre humor and charm but Mother 3 is the standout of the two for me.. I look at Mother 3 players as a secret society because not too many know about the magic this game holds and the people that have played it know what im talking about.. The story itself is humorous in ways but even more heartbreaking once you commit to it.. Great choices Necro..

samoan619
05-20-2011, 04:25 AM
1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

3. Need For Speed: Underground

4. Need For Speed: Most Wanted

5. Smackdown!: Here Comes The Pain

6. Smackdown!: Shut Your Mouth

7. WWF No Mercy

8.Twisted Metal

9. Dynasty Warriors 3

10. Urban Chaos

11. Crash Bandicoot

12. Call Of Duty: Black Ops

13. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

14. FreekStyle

15. Batman: Arkham Asylum

16. Medal Of Honor: Europeon Assault

17. Vigilante 8

18. Crush Hour (Yeah.. I actually liked that game)

19. Spyro The Dragon

20. Syphon Filter

GTA San Andreas was my favorite out of the series to me.. I read that a lot of the internet community dislike this one the most but I dunno this game hits close to home for me.. It felt like it was the most closest thing you could get to representing this lifestyle without it feeling synthetic like other gangsta games (Saints Row, 25 to Life, insert any gangsta-esque game created besides San Andreas).. And take it from me, they really did a great job with it.. Dynasty Warriors 3 was the standout of the DW series and my favorite out of the bunch also.. The Yellow Turban Rebeliion was never looked at the same since DW3 revamped it..

samoan619
05-20-2011, 05:00 AM
In no particular order:

1) Resident Evil 2 (PS)
2) WCW v NWO Revenge (N64)
3) Goldeneye (N64)
4) Counterstrike (PC) - got through a few keyboards and mice playing that!
5) Anarchy Online (PC) - current
6) Elite Force/Elite Force 2 online (PC)
7) Zelda 1 and 2 (NES)
8) Elite (NES) / Frontier (Amiga 1200)
9) Batman (NES)
10) Rome Total War (PC)
11) Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
12) Black Ops (PC)
13) Unreal Tournament (PC) - All of em
14) Quake (PC) - All of em lol
15) Ghostbusters (C64) - Nostalgia!
16) Maniac Mansion (NES)
17) Syndicate (PC and Amiga iirc)
18) Solar Jetman (NES)
19) Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
20) Forsaken (PC and N64)

Honourable mention - All of the GTA titles :)
Syph

Unreal tournament, I used to play this game high as a kite with super jumping on and get my frag on.. When that game came out, I used to sit there with the long long LONG loading times to upload my online deathmatchs but they were well worth it.. I highlighted Wrestlemania 2000 because any THQ/AKI produced wrestling game on N64 equals dopeness.. Maniac Mansion was fun as hell for back in them days, with the limitations the NES had Maniac Mansion definitely added some depth and humor to the mix.. Syndicate was another one that was ahead of its time.. My main memory from playing this game was I once destroyed a Drive In Cinema (thats if im thinking of the right game).. But yeah fighting gang warfare in the future against an evil corporation definitely cut the cake (when I think of Syndicate it makes me also remember the original Shadowrun, dont ask me why but it does).. And then Forsaken lolol, another game I used to play high as hell on multi player.. Just thinking about it, I can hear the commentator saying LA Jay or Trucker lolol..

samoan619
05-20-2011, 05:54 AM

Ive played all the Tomb Raiders and they didnt make my lists, so I shall wear my isn't worthy hat from now on lolol..

North Vegas Benny
05-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Unreal tournament, I used to play this game high as a kite with super jumping on and get my frag on.. When that game came out, I used to sit there with the long long LONG loading times to upload my online deathmatchs but they were well worth it.. I highlighted Wrestlemania 2000 because any THQ/AKI produced wrestling game on N64 equals dopeness.. Maniac Mansion was fun as hell for back in them days, with the limitations the NES had Maniac Mansion definitely added some depth and humor to the mix.. Syndicate was another one that was ahead of its time.. My main memory from playing this game was I once destroyed a Drive In Cinema (thats if im thinking of the right game).. But yeah fighting gang warfare in the future against an evil corporation definitely cut the cake (when I think of Syndicate it makes me also remember the original Shadowrun, dont ask me why but it does).. And then Forsaken lolol, another game I used to play high as hell on multi player.. Just thinking about it, I can hear the commentator saying LA Jay or Trucker lolol..

Bolded for thruth !!!!!!