PDA

View Full Version : TNA instituting a new Championship..

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 02:06 PM
By Mike Johnson on 2011-05-17 11:13:34
At last night's taping, TNA started a tournament for the first-ever Xplosion championship with the idea that the champion would be able to challenge any champion on Impact.

In the opening match of the tournament, Pope Dinero defeated Suicide.

Source PWInsider.com

Automatic
05-17-2011, 02:10 PM
So when you win that belt you get to challenge an other champion? So there would be 2 number 1 contenders per title? What happens with that belt if someone with that xplosion belt wins his title shot and does the holder have umlimited chances? Will there be a tournament every time to decide the new belt holder?
Sounds retarded to me.

They already have a TV Title belt that they don't use, why create another belt...

North Vegas Benny
05-17-2011, 02:15 PM
If they want to make another belt then they should try to get Xplosion a t.v. deal first.

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 02:16 PM
More reason for Impact Wrestling and Spike to put Xplosion on TV!!!! give them 2 hours to showcase talent!!!

Necroyeti
05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Money in the B-Show Title

Bodom
05-17-2011, 02:20 PM
.....another title?

Why not just relegate Booker T's red toy belt to Xplosion?

jordan1995
05-17-2011, 02:21 PM
sounds like a good idea to me mabye they are testing the foundations for explosion to become a smackdown type b brand

thejman93
05-17-2011, 02:22 PM
.....another title?

Why not just relegate Booker T's red toy belt to Xplosion?

'Cause it's TNA.....

HeelTurn
05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
No no no, not another belt, really TNA you already have 2 redundant belts, and look at some of the champs you already have Gunner, Sting (again) and *spoiler*.

Robstar
05-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Let's just give everyone a belt, why not? We could have the Christopher Daniels 'Now We See You, Now We Don't' title; the 'Hey What About Us Little Guys' title; the 'Keep A Hardy Happy' title; the 'Geriatric World Title' & the 'Best Ex-WWE Employee' title. I could go on

Bodom
05-17-2011, 04:09 PM
'Best Ex-WWE Employee' title

Im pretty sure they already have that.

It's called the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

SilverGhost
05-17-2011, 04:12 PM

-slaps knee-

XDDD

Anyways....TNA another USELESS TITLE?!

Robstar

Touché Bodom. At least it would be if Sting weren't in the picture

HCollins-TNA1

How can that be an ex-WWE star isn't champion!!!!

SilverGhost
05-17-2011, 04:15 PM
How can that be an ex-WWE star isn't champion!!!!

RVD, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Hardy are ex-WWE and were champion.

Bodom
05-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Yall taking a joke way too serious.

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 04:20 PM
RVD, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Hardy are ex-WWE and were champion.

True they all have held the belt, but they don't hold it now!!!!

SilverGhost
05-17-2011, 04:21 PM
True they all have held the belt, but they don't hold it now!!!!

They will eventually.

Either that or Hogan or Flair.

Tommy Thunder
05-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Don't see why they're doing this. Xplosion isn't on tv. If it was, then I would see the sense in this. It's good that TNa are investing money into their 'B show' (if you can call it that). Maybe they're pumping money into it so that a tv deal can be reached with someone eventually.

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 04:25 PM
They will eventually.

Either that or Hogan or Flair.

Please not Hogan...... Maybe Flair, wouldn't mind Flair winning the belt, after all he is also a former NWA, WCW, and WWE wrester and ROH on air talent.....

helmsley
05-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Please not Hogan...... Maybe Flair, wouldn't mind Flair winning the belt, after all he is also a former NWA, WCW, and WWE wrester and ROH on air talent.....

tell me you just didnt said that!

I really, really hope that flair doesnt win another belt, the man can hardly wrestle and we have enough short main events due to sting condition, i dont think i would be able to take flair in the main event in a 3 min match

THE_CRIPPLER
05-17-2011, 04:48 PM
so if you win the Xplosion title and then win the title you challenge for, Does the Xplosion Championship cease to exist or are you dual Champions?

and if you Win the Xplosion championship, Then Lose the Title match you chose, Do you still keep the Xplosion Championship?

This is so freaking dumb, its worse than the Legends championship... if its a legends championship then how did AJ Styles win it if he isnt a legend? its stupid.

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 04:51 PM
tell me you just didnt said that!

I really, really hope that flair doesnt win another belt, the man can hardly wrestle and we have enough short main events due to sting condition, i dont think i would be able to take flair in the main event in a 3 min match

He can still go with the best of them, and is in better condition the most of them!!!!
Take his feuds the past several years with Jay Lethal.... He can sale a match or a wrestler better then anyone in the business today, or the past or the future!!!

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
so if you win the Xplosion title and then win the title you challenge for, Does the Xplosion Championship cease to exist or are you dual Champions?

and if you Win the Xplosion championship, Then Lose the Title match you chose, Do you still keep the Xplosion Championship?

This is so freaking dumb, its worse than the Legends championship... if its a legends championship then how did AJ Styles win it if he isnt a legend? its stupid.

I think most of us is making a bigger deal out of what it means.....
I think the title going be like a number one contenders title?? In which will be defended on Xplosion, but you have the option and will be a contender for the World title!!!!

Rassling_Fan
05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I have a feeling this belt is going to be meaningless pretty soon. And what if they do challenge the champion of their choice and lose? Do they keep the belt? Will another tournament happen?

helmsley
05-17-2011, 04:57 PM
He can still go with the best of them, and is in better condition the most of them!!!!
Take his feuds the past several years with Jay Lethal.... He can sale a match or a wrestler better then anyone in the business today, or the past or the future!!!

I think youre right about that, he is good putting people up, and he can still sale a match pretty good, but i personally cant see him as champion, neither him or hogan, wouldnt be good champions and i dont see a feud were flair can be champ for a long time,but i do like to see flair vs sting for the championship (for old times sake) with sting winning

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 04:57 PM
It would make more sense to transfer the TV title and have it defended on both shows.... Thus add credibility and value to the title!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 04:59 PM
I think youre right about that, he is good putting people up, and he can still sale a match pretty good, but i personally cant see him as champion, neither him or hogan, wouldnt be good champions and i dont see a feud were flair can be champ for a long time,but i do like to see flair vs sting for the championship (for old times sake) with sting winning
That all I'm for a short term run for 2 or 3 days no more then 2 or 3 weeks!!!!

KJ PUNK
05-17-2011, 05:09 PM
TNA should be getting RID of titles, not adding them. Another dumb decision by them.

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 05:18 PM
TNA should be getting RID of titles, not adding them. Another dumb decision by them.

Or combine or move titles around they got 3 single titles..... World, TV and X as well as the World Tag and KO title KO tag....

eboy
05-17-2011, 05:41 PM
By Mike Johnson on 2011-05-17 11:13:34
At last night's taping, TNA started a tournament for the first-ever Xplosion championship with the idea that the champion would be able to challenge any champion on Impact.

In the opening match of the tournament, Pope Dinero defeated Suicide.

Source PWInsider.com

Looks like Impact Wrestling is starting to beef up Xplosion which is great has Xplosion is what happened on Impact yet its shown dirrectly Afterwards and one match so good for IW its a original idea so its all gd

TheBeardOfZeus
05-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Hate it.

Why put a belt on a number 1 contender? Isn't the whole point of being a contender is to win a belt?

Bodom
05-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Hate it.

Why put a belt on a number 1 contender? Isn't the whole point of being a contender is to win a belt?

Hahahahaha.

This fucking company.