PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Bragging Rights

Ruthless_Aggression
05-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Posted from ProWrestling.net

"WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts announced to the Raw crowd during a commercial break that a new pay-per-view WWE Uprising will be taking place in San Antonio, Texas on Oct. 23."

The SvR theme doesn't really mean much since brand crossovering occurs nearly every week so I think this is a good thing.

Thoughts?

Dameduse823
05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
To be honest I'm glad to see it go, I'll also be glad to see hell in a cell, elimination chamber and money in the back go. WWE did just fine with only 2 gimmick ppvs a year and adding these just makes the gimmick match seem less important when it is used

Ruthless_Aggression
05-16-2011, 09:16 PM
To be honest I'm glad to see it go, I'll also be glad to see hell in a cell, elimination chamber and money in the back go. WWE did just fine with only 2 gimmick ppvs a year and adding these just makes the gimmick match seem less important when it is used

I agree with the EC and HiaC matches, but I think MitB is fine where it is.

Tommy Thunder
05-17-2011, 09:34 AM
'WWE Uprising' sounds much better than 'Bragging Rights' to me!! Wasn't a huge fan of that ppv. 'Elimination Chamber' needs to go back to 'No Way Out'. And there was a poll on wwe.com recently for ppv names with 'Vengance' as one of the choices. Hope that comes back instead of one of the gimmick ones too. For me, TLC is the only gimmick ppv I like. MITB is fine too.

Bodom
05-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Good f'n riddance.

Bragging Rights could have been great, unfortunately no one gave a shit about RAW vs. Smackdown because 11 months out of the year WWE didn't give a shit about RAW vs. Smackdown.

thejman93
05-17-2011, 12:47 PM
From the main newsboard:

WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts announced during a commercial break at this week's RAW taping at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas that a pay-per-view event, WWE Uprising, would be taking place at the venue on October 23. The event was originally titled Bragging Rights.

I like the idea of getting rid of the gimmick PPVs and Bragging Rights has never really had the sizzle it was supposed to have.

Thoughts?

K-Jammin
05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah i think they were hoping Bragging Rights would get over alot better than it actually did, i never really got excited for it personally. Uprising is quite an unusual name for a WWE PPV...

JohnnyPhantom
05-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I didnt mind Bragging Rights tbh, but id rather see Survivor Series in the classic style instead. It leaving wont bother many since most dont really care about Raw vs Smackdown.

I wouldnt mind seeing old school "In Your House" PPV's that had the stable dominated names attached to them showing up every so often. (DX: IN your House) but something with Nexus or something.

Rassling_Fan
05-17-2011, 01:19 PM
I didnt mind Bragging Rights tbh, but id rather see Survivor Series in the classic style instead. It leaving wont bother many since most dont really care about Raw vs Smackdown.

I have to agree. I miss the old days when Survivor Series was a bunch of elimination Tag Team Matches. Than Hogan/Taker had to happen...

the-rocks-stunner
05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
you didn't need the ?

JohnnyPhantom
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I have to agree. I miss the old days when Survivor Series was a bunch of elimination Tag Team Matches. Than Hogan/Taker had to happen...

Exactly! Take two big stars... put them on a team with other BIG stars! Best against the best... and now we have these poor imitations of Survivor Series matches.

vbirwin
05-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Bragging Rights would have been an Ok concept had they strictly maintained the boundaries of the two brands but with drafts every year and so much crossover going on between shows the concept was too watered down to have much impact. Big names were showing up on both shows regularly regardless of their brand. And as a good example, 2010's Smackdown team was Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, and Tyler Reks. With the exception of Edge, who is retired, that whole team is now on Raw.

I'm in agreement they should get rid of the Gimmick PPV's

Daffy Duck's Finest
05-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Also, they seem to just add anybody to the tag teams... I liked it when the two 'leaders' had to hand pick their teams, such as the Lesnar's team vs Angle's team and Team Ausitn v Bischoff a few years ago. Nowadays there's no story going into the PPV, just random faces against heels

jordan1995
05-17-2011, 03:11 PM
hopefully uprising will be for younger and underused talent that we want to see such as ryder hawkins baretta mcintyre ect

thejman93
05-17-2011, 03:15 PM
hopefully uprising will be for younger and underused talent that we want to see such as ryder hawkins baretta mcintyre ect

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing in regards to the name. A PPV to showcase the youth.

jordan1995
05-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing in regards to the name. A PPV to showcase the youth.

it would be good

Robstar
05-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Bragging Rights would have been an Ok concept had they strictly maintained the boundaries of the two brands but with drafts every year and so much crossover going on between shows the concept was too watered down to have much impact. Big names were showing up on both shows regularly regardless of their brand. And as a good example, 2010's Smackdown team was Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, and Tyler Reks. With the exception of Edge, who is retired, that whole team is now on Raw.

I'm in agreement they should get rid of the Gimmick PPV's

My thoughts exactly.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-20-2011, 04:50 PM
apparently they renamed it again it's now WWE Vengeance

WWE has apparently once again renamed their October 23, 2011 Bragging Rights pay-per-view event. It had previously been renamed WWE Uprising, but now the official website of the AT&T Center is now listing the event as WWE Vengeance.

Tommy Thunder
05-20-2011, 04:55 PM
'Bragging Rights' could have been a good ppv concept. But the reality is, it's very similar to the original 'Survivor Series' concept. And as far as I'm concerned, SS>BR!!