PDA

View Full Version : "Stunner!!!Stunner!!!Stunner!!!"- Jim Ross

DKO Killa
09-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't about you, but I miss Jim Ross. I have a question. If you can, give me opinions on J.R.. Mines is that Jim Ross played a major part in alot of great rivalries, and the rise of a lot of great superstars. Not only that, he knew how to sell a finshers. He knew how sell guys to be memorable villians (Triple H is a good example), He help make matches mean something.

HBKfan#1
09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
his reactions to things..with words and comments..SON OF A BITCH! that was always a favorite of mine :D one thing that ill always remember..is his comments in the dx vs rated rko..when they beat the crap out of them and edge was about to conchairto michaels..ross said DONT DO THIS EDGE...EDGE DOONT DO THIS ..AGHHH...that and my favorite when michaels was in a 2 on one match with randy and edge..and michaels won and ross said DX IS NOT DEAD...DX IS ALIIVE KING

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-23-2010, 09:56 PM
You cant replace greatness, no matter how much Vinnie Mac tries.

Robstar
09-23-2010, 10:07 PM
The problem is there's only one JR and unfortunately we can't clone him. You're right in saying that he was perhaps the greatest "seller" on the mic that wrestling has ever had. Vince won't bring him back because he's threatened by JR - he knows that JR is more liked, has more intuitive knowledge and probably a better sense of the business than he will ever have. JR should be running that company

IrkenInvader
09-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Mick Foley is a deadman! As god as my witness Mick Foley has been broken in half!

Robstar
09-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Mick Foley is a deadman! As god as my witness Mick Foley has been broken in half!

Actually IMO, Lawler took the cake that night - "That's it, he's dead!!!"

Riel
09-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Best commentator ever! Nobody has had the ability to capture the energy and mood of a match quite like him. He really had this uncanny ability to express what the audience was thinking and make you feel as if you were not in your living room but right there at ring side.

Cole can't replace him, I don't think anyone can, he was one of a kind.

CMhuw24
09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
The way he showed Triple H was a heel was great imo.
Certainly made him look like a badass :)

merhardt03
09-23-2010, 11:08 PM
His reactions were/are irreplacable. i felt as i was with him and not watching from a tv

djsoulslayer
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
JR is just a good ole, down-to-earth guy who many of us can really relate to. His passion for wrestling really shown through his commentary and enhanced what was going on in the ring. To me...a great match doesn't just depend on what the wrestlers bring to the table but how it is to presented to us by the commentators. JR knew how to present it.

Bam
09-24-2010, 12:11 AM
All of you guys pretty much said everything that could be said about the greatest commentator ever. It would be amazing if JR an Lawler were paired up again one last time. I would rather hear the real JR instead of Michael Cole saying- "As Jim Ross would say.. STONE COLD.. STONE COLD.. STONE COLD.. " an he would say it like Nepolean Dynamite. XD

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Jim Ross will be missed now and forever. He is the greatest voice in wrestling. He makes you feel that you are there and noone can do that in this time. My opinion who does is Grisham, not Cole.

Infinity
09-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Jim Ross is the greatest commentator in history, and that shall be the basis of my first post here. The sad thing is, I never realized just HOW good he was until he was gone. I always had a great respect for him, but once he got taken away from the announce table, you realize how awesome he was, and how he played such a huge part in all our lives.

SgtGohan
09-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Good god almighty!!

MICHAEL SAVELLI
09-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi why did jim ross leaves wcw why dont we see him on wwe tv

Ruggy
09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
"My Mumma's watching" was one of my favourites. Loosing Heenan was the first great loss WWF faced, but hit back with JR. Lawler and JR made a team worthy to replace Monsoon and Heenan, these days as it transpires, there is nowhere for WWE to pick up annoucers from....

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUg3c4USRKo

Ruggy
09-24-2010, 11:13 AM

I think Jim left WCW due to the fact he saw no direction.... He took a pay-cut and went to WWE and his first show was Wrestlemania 9.....

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 11:32 AM

He is working with WWE, not television because he is in charge of bringing in new talent.

Hesterica
09-24-2010, 04:46 PM
"How do you learn to fall off a 20 foot ladder, that's what I want to know!"

His reactions and statements justifies the hardship, the athleticism and the talent of every wrestler in every match he calls. Good ol JR is just awesome.

Bam
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Jim Ross also got very close with all of the talent backstage. That is what sets him apart from the other announcers. He listens to them, and then gives off his best reaction to them. He learns to like them for what they are. Same goes for King Lawler who I believe is the 2nd best television announcer that is still active in the WWE. I know there are others, but they are not even there anymore. The only people I can concisder having a tiny ounce of Jim Ross in them would have to be Todd Grisham or Josh Matthews. Michael Cole is great sometimes, but he has more "What the hell is he talking about?" moments than anything.

IrkenInvader
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Bump..........