PDA

View Full Version : Edgar, Maynard & Lesnar Pull Out Of Upcoming Fights

Robstar
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
When following up on the news that Edgar/Maynard 3 has been pulled from UFC 130, I also learnt that now Brock has pulled out of his fight with Junior Dos Santos, being replaced by Shane Carwin instead. Couldn't find details of Lesnar's illness. I believe both Edgar and Maynard are nursing injuries.

Thoughts? Will this affect whether you buy these events or not?

Rich Cranium
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I'll still watch it because Carwin vs Dos Santos is a good fight as well. Let's face it, the ref during the Lesnar/Carwin fight could have easily ended the fight in the 1st round for Shane.

thejman93
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
So if Shane wins does he get a shot at Cain?

Bodom
05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Supposedly Lesnar's diverticulitis started to flare up again.

Robstar
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
That's still the theory, whoever wins gets Cain. I'd love to see Junior vs Cain but Carwin would be good too. I just think Dos Santos/Velasquez would be one fucking awesome fight

Robstar
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM

Really? I'm putting money on either his mywifesgotmebytheballsitis or Suspect Heart & Chin Syndrome ;)

Iron Ape
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Some chicken shit probably got in his chicken salad.

TheMadThinker
05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Some chicken shit probably got in his chicken salad.

Ape, you definitely got a way with words.

Carwin vs. Dos Santos should be one hell of a fight. . I think Carwin has a good chance of knocking out Junior if he does not run out of gas.

I think Brock would have suffered another Cain Velasquez style beating from Dos Santos.

maar13
05-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Ape, you definitely got a way with words.

Carwin vs. Dos Santos should be one hell of a fight. . I think Carwin has a good chance of knocking out Junior if he does not run out of gas.

I think Brock would have suffered another Cain Velasquez style beating from Dos Santos.

DOn't think so, Lesnar is someone who learns form his mistakes, even if Dos Santos would have beaten him, I think it would have been way more difficult to do so.

Carwin has a good chance but like you said, only if he doesn't run out of gas, otherwise he is history by round 2.