PDA

View Full Version : Another Rey Misterio, Jr?

THEKEVINBRAND
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Rey Misterio Jr. will soon make his debut for the CMLL promotion in Mexico - that is, a young superstar who has been trained by Miguel Lopez (aka Rey Misterio Sr.) the uncle of current WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio.

The new Misterio Jr. will debut on May 27th at an event in Tijuana, Mexico.

The WWE's Mysterio has given his blessing for the new Misterio Jr.

There are times in Mexico where a wrestler will give another individual permission to use their likeness in exchange for a percentage of the other person's earnings.

KJ PUNK
05-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Isn't this actually Rey Misterio, Sr's son? I could've sworn I heard that before.

helmsley
05-12-2011, 12:20 AM
it happens all the time, but sometimes is like using the same character, for example, cmll will debut another mistico (sin cara) in this month, la parka is actually another person portraying the character (L.A Park is the real ad original Parka,but went to wcw and aaa replaced him) and so on. Its not so weird.

There is a guy who i think is re mysterio sr nephew who wrestles in the independent circuit in mexico by the name of hijo de rey mysterio, so he is actually the second mysterio around in mexico

THEKEVINBRAND
05-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Let's play pictionary shall we?

This is the original Rey Misterio (Sr.)
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Vampiro_XTJ/Idolos/2-1.jpg

This is his nephew Rey Mysterio
http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/-Rey-Mysterio--psd32091.png

This is his cousin El Hijo de Rey Misterio (which translates to Son of Rey Misterio) His father is the original Rey Misterio (Senior).
http://www.fuegoenelring.com/articles_images/hijodereymisterio.jpg

Therefore, there will be another person gracing the Misterio name but not being part of the family.

SilverGhost
05-12-2011, 01:26 AM
I get it.

So to clear this up, the cousin IS NOT Rey Misterio Jr.

Rey Mysterio is Rey Misterio Jr.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-12-2011, 01:34 AM
I get it.

So to clear this up, the cousin IS NOT Rey Misterio Jr.

Rey Mysterio is Rey Misterio Jr.

apparently there's gonna be a NEW Rey Misterio Jr. i know confusing

The New Guy
05-12-2011, 10:09 AM
apparently there's gonna be a NEW Rey Misterio Jr. i know confusing

Lets see if I can sum this up:

1) Miguel Lopez named himself Rey Misterio (now Rey Misterio Sr)

2) His nephew Oscar Gutierrez named himself Rey Misterio Jr, went to WCW, WWE and now performs under the name Rey Mysterio

3) Lopez son is using the name El Hijo de Rey Misterio

4) A new guy trained by Miguel Lopez AKA Rey Misterio Sr is now gonna use the name Rey Misterio Jr, the same name Oscar Gutierrrez (Rey Mysterio) used in Mexico and WCW. So that's why he asked Mysterio's blessing

Did I get a cookie?
:)

World B. Free
05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Lets see if I can sum this up:

1) Miguel Lopez named himself Rey Misterio (now Rey Misterio Sr)

2) His nephew Oscar Gutierrez named himself Rey Misterio Jr, went to WCW, WWE and now performs under the name Rey Mysterio

3) Lopez son is using the name El Hijo de Rey Misterio

4) A new guy trained by Miguel Lopez AKA Rey Misterio Sr is now gonna use the name Rey Misterio Jr, the same name Oscar Gutierrrez (Rey Mysterio) used in Mexico and WCW. So that's why he asked Mysterio's blessing

Did I get a cookie?
:)

Makes sense to me..... You get 2 cookies!!!

SnaggleTooth
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
according to the wrestling observer newsletter, rey will soon make his debut for the cmll promotion in mexico - that is, a young superstar who has been trained by rey the uncle of rey.

Rey will debut on may 27th at an event in tijuana, mexico.

Rey has given his blessing for rey.

much clearer now.

HCollins-TNA1
05-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I think it common with many mask wrestlers.... with the name sakegiving the blessing to use the name
Not only in Mexico or Japan, look at the Mr Wrestling 1 and 2 or even Tiger Mask...
In the Rey Mysterio case it a family affair of sorts....

THEKEVINBRAND
05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
There are too many Rey Misterio's IMO

samoan619
05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
There are too many Rey Misterio's IMO

Nah, its typical for them do stuff like this.. There is La Parka, L.A. Park, and El Hijo De La Parka, The Tiger Mask legacy, Dr Wagner, Dr Wagner Jr, El Hijo del Dr. Wagner, Jr, Sicodelico, Sicodelico Jr, El Hijo del Sicodelico and the list goes on and on.. Its like representing your favorite sports team, you gotta support the family legacy.. Saying there's too many Misterios is like saying there is too many Harts..

SilverGhost
05-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Nah, its typical for them do stuff like this.. There is La Parka, L.A. Park, and El Hijo De La Parka, The Tiger Mask legacy, Dr Wagner, Dr Wagner Jr, El Hijo del Dr. Wagner, Jr, Sicodelico, Sicodelico Jr, El Hijo del Sicodelico and the list goes on and on.. Its like representing your favorite sports team, you gotta support the family legacy.. Saying there's too many Misterios is like saying there is too many Harts..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

samoan619
05-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Speaking of masked legacies, Ive always felt they shouldve continued the Hayabusa legacy.. Another one of wrestling's great tragedies..

gohan
05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Hayabusa is god i think they have some else play him same with jushin liger and great saske they getting old now they have new under-teeth the masks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
05-25-2011, 01:36 PM

the thing is, they're all related in some form, but this Rey Misterio, Jr isn't at all! He's just a student trained by the original Rey Misterio.

samoan619
05-25-2011, 03:41 PM
the thing is, they're all related in some form, but this Rey Misterio, Jr isn't at all! He's just a student trained by the original Rey Misterio.

TJ Kidd is a part of the Hart legacy and he's not a relative..

THEKEVINBRAND
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
TJ Kidd is a part of the Hart legacy and he's not a relative..

he has a relation, he's boning Jim Neidhart's daughter

samoan619
05-25-2011, 05:38 PM
he has a relation, he's boning Jim Neidhart's daughter

Not good enough to say thats his relation, his relation is he was trained like a Hart, Natty Neidhart was just the bonus.. The new Rey Mysterio Jr is being trained in the exclusive style of the Mysterios, he might be the best Mysterio yet..

gohan
05-25-2011, 06:24 PM
same with jack evans same people think he part of the hart case he trained by the hart and is very close with teddy hart davd hart smith and nattalya

davie grace
05-25-2011, 07:24 PM
hey it traditon i ahve no problems with it i just the new one dont go to wwe