PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler...Really?!? DAMN!

Yano88
05-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Alright guys I managed to create a thread...
umm I think I'll introduce myself first

I'm Yano and I'm italian (so sorry in advance for bad english XD)
My favourite wrestle...oops I mean Superstar was, is and always will be Christian!
I watched his entire career and recently, at the Extreme Rules PPV, he finally managed to achieve his dream to become a World Champ in WWE

Anyway I wanted to discuss something with anyone in charge of this site and, of course, every member of the forum.

I wanted to talk about Spoilers.
What I wanted to say is what is the sense of posting in the home of this site (which I freqently see if there are news on various superstar) news like: Huge SD! **SPOILER** - New Champion
or **SPOILER** Video: New Champion Crowned At SD! ???
There are already the results on the main page: **SPOILERS** WWE SD! Results For Thursday

so why posting a useless news that give us spoilers? I'm not an idiot (at least I don't think so) so if you write something like Huge SD! **SPOILER** - New Champion I immediately think that Christian lost his title...there's no need to open the news... -.-

So why do you guys from EWN don't post such spoiler news and just post the results?? Anyone who want the spoilers will just open the result to see what happened while other guys (like me) that don't want spoilers can freely watch other news without reading any spoiler...

Tommy Thunder
05-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Firstly welcome!!

I agree. There should be a seperate 'spoiler news' section in my opinion. as you say, the title of articles often give away what the spoilers are.

PS. Check out the EWNCW threads in the 'Be the Booker' section!! You might be interested to join :D

johnnydropkicks
05-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Welcome. And I'm with ya. I got pissed too when the same same thing happened to me.

Yano88
05-05-2011, 06:02 AM
The hilarious thing is that if WE normal members post a thred with a spoiler either in the title or inside our topics this is what happens:

Posting Spoilers: Do not post spoilers. A “spoiler” is any information that will happen in the future that is not already common knowledge. For example, revealing the results of a taped episode of WWE Smackdown before the show airs would be considered a “spoiler”. Posting spoilers outside of the designated areas will automatically result in a temporary five (5) day ban.

But the guys running the site do whatever they want...they post spoilers on the main page of the site...This is incorrect and unprofessional...
The guy posting the news should be banned 5 days if we stick to the rules XD

THEKEVINBRAND
05-05-2011, 06:03 AM
The hilarious thing is that if WE normal members post a thred with a spoiler either in the title or inside our topics this is what happens:

Posting Spoilers: Do not post spoilers. A “spoiler” is any information that will happen in the future that is not already common knowledge. For example, revealing the results of a taped episode of WWE Smackdown before the show airs would be considered a “spoiler”. Posting spoilers outside of the designated areas will automatically result in a temporary five (5) day ban.

But the guys running the site do whatever they want...they post spoilers on the main page of the site...This is incorrect and unprofessional...
The guy posting the news should be banned 5 days if we stick to the rules XD

main site and forums are two completely different areas

Yano88
05-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Alright I'll give you that...

But give me one good reason for the existence of news/spoiler like: Huge SD! **SPOILER** - New Champion
or **SPOILER** Video: New Champion Crowned At SD! ...

They are useless news because there are already the results that anyone can see IF they want...They just ruin the surprise for guys who want to see the show without knowing anything...

Same thing happened in the past when the results of ppv were posted: SPOILERS-name of the PPV-New Champion/s What's the point in writing that?? But, at least, almost everyone have the chance of seeing a ppv live and if they haven't they just don't visit the site....but when something huge happens on Smackdown which is aired almost a week later it's unfair writing the spoilers... At least that's what I think

CeezAlee80
05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
I agree 100%. As soon as i saw that Headline's title i thought Christian. And was pissed off! I really would have liked to tune in on Friday and see it for myself. While the Headline could have been for the IC or US (hell even the Divas) championship, you just new it wasn't; and the title forces/compels you to open it and confirm your suspicion. "**Spoiler** Big Smackdown News" could have easily been the headline, and so many people, myself included, would have steered clear of it. Now I don't even feel the need to watch Smackdown and I'm quite leery of coming to this site.

blackout version 1
05-05-2011, 06:48 AM
There should be a better spoiler area and the results on the homepage should just say wwe smackdown results for example and the date and nothing more :)

MattElder
05-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Welcome to forum dude!

Is there really need for seperate spoiler section?
I think they just need to watch what they put in their titles, maybe keep it too a simple wwe spoiler or tna spoiler headline

Yano88
05-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Thank you everyone for your welcome messages... :-D

I too agree on the fact that there is no need for a separate spoiler section since every spoiler that one can get are in the smackdown results...
You want to know what happened? watch the results
You don't want to know what happened? Come freely to this site and don't see the results and the topics that clearly say in their title that they contain spoilers...
Sound easy to me

CobraNightviper
05-05-2011, 07:27 AM
yeah I agree just keep it simple and straight forward so no one gets confused.

steveorton
05-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Welcome to EWN and no comment, I'm jus sayin...

SilverGhost
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
^ enough with the "I'm jus sayin..." thing. It kinda irks me out.

About the spoilers, the logical thing for the spoilers then is to put *spoilers* like that and the date that is supposed to air.

Like this: *Spoilers* SD! at 5-6-11 or something

What do you say?

Fatality
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM

About the spoilers, the logical thing for the spoilers then is to put *spoilers* like that and the date that is supposed to air.

What do you say?

It is already like that on the main home page, but they make a whole new thread for the new champion spoilers. You should post it on Ryan's facebook page wich he will respond to, I'm just saying...

HCollins-TNA1
05-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Alright guys I managed to create a thread...
umm I think I'll introduce myself first

I'm Yano and I'm italian (so sorry in advance for bad english XD)
My favourite wrestle...oops I mean Superstar was, is and always will be Christian!
I watched his entire career and recently, at the Extreme Rules PPV, he finally managed to achieve his dream to become a World Champ in WWE

Anyway I wanted to discuss something with anyone in charge of this site and, of course, every member of the forum.

I wanted to talk about Spoilers.
What I wanted to say is what is the sense of posting in the home of this site (which I freqently see if there are news on various superstar) news like: Huge SD! **SPOILER** - New Champion
or **SPOILER** Video: New Champion Crowned At SD! ???
There are already the results on the main page: **SPOILERS** WWE SD! Results For Thursday

so why posting a useless news that give us spoilers? I'm not an idiot (at least I don't think so) so if you write something like Huge SD! **SPOILER** - New Champion I immediately think that Christian lost his title...there's no need to open the news... -.-

So why do you guys from EWN don't post such spoiler news and just post the results?? Anyone who want the spoilers will just open the result to see what happened while other guys (like me) that don't want spoilers can freely watch other news without reading any spoiler...

I agree what the point of trying to ban someone on posting a Spoiler???? If you like the show you'll watch it no matter what was reveal 4 days before or a week before!!!!
I tend to read the spoilers and then watch the show as well, cause all a spoiler is just a tease in words....
Spoilers are every where one looks these, not just wrestling!!!! Soap Operas tend to tease there shows on the internet, books and newspapers and TV.... some sitcoms and other shows do the same..... The News even like teasing with clips of Headlines, and do that stop people from watching the news??? I don't think so.....
All spoilers are meant to do is tease the fact of a title change or turn or return or debut..... I think the more important thing is crowd reaction when one see it live.....

CobraNightviper
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I already watched the outcome of smackdown's title match but i'm going to watch it friday anyway because now it seems there are very few surprises in wrestling any more.

El T Draino 316
05-05-2011, 11:29 AM

What do you say?

I think this is a perfectly logical and effective way to go about this. Click at your own risk, you know what these spoilers are in regards to. At the same time, I understand you run a website, and more people will visit if they know something huge happened, rather than a routine show. Maybe you could do a ranking system for how must-see/entertaining/impactful SD! it was. Example: *Spoilers* SD! at 5-6-11 (4/10) or in a major spoiler case *Spoilers* SD! at 5-6-11 (*10/10). Just a thought, obviously do whatever your heart desires.

HCollins-TNA1
05-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I already watched the outcome of smackdown's title match but i'm going to watch it friday anyway because now it seems there are very few surprises in wrestling any more.

True Surprises are usually or should be kept for PPVs..... Esp when shows are taped ahead of time!!!

Rokudo
05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
And there he does it again ... Look how another site covered a story: "More On The Major TNA Impact Spoiler For Next Week"
And now our lovely site's version:
*Warning, the title of the spoiler contains a spoiler*

"*Spoiler* Details On CHYNA Working With TNA"

tshizzy34
05-05-2011, 01:06 PM

What do you say?

I like this idea to a point. I think that they just need to say something like Spoilers from Tuesday Night Tapings of SD To Air On Friday or something similar to that. Or maybe say read at own risk, or do not read if you don;t like spoilers? lol something of this sort, but the bottom line is the headline should not reveal what happened such as new champion or title change or what not, that just ruins it for everyone.

Yano88
05-05-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm going to see Smackdown too of course! I love the show but now it's just ruined for me...
For guys who wants to see the spoiler I don't know where the problem is.....just look at them on the results then if you want to talk about it before smackdown airs post a discussion where in the title you say it contains spoiler...

Answer to HCollins-TNA1: Do you think it will be pretty if you're going to watch an amazing movie but someone tells you exactly how it ends 3 before you go see it?? If they say the protagonist at the end dies?? That's not cool! Christian's reign was like a movie for me and I wanted to see and cheer for him anytime he defended the belt...Now before the movie starts I already know that the protagonist dies -.-

I hope someone read this and change thi thnig of the spoilers otherwise I'll be forced to visit this beatiful site only on the week-end after watching smackdown to be sure I don't see any surprise...
Hoping, of course, that there aren't spooilers for RAW -.-

Murphdogg4
05-05-2011, 02:26 PM
to be fair copy and pasting news from other sites is hard work, what's the point of going through all that trouble if everyone doesn't see th spoiler?

Robstar
05-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey dude, welcome. TheKevin Brand is right, we have nothing to do with the way that section of the site is run, we just run things a little differently here. We want you to participate in threads without spoilers if we can but not everybody plays along

blackout version 1
05-05-2011, 06:05 PM
And there he does it again ... Look how another site covered a story: "More On The Major TNA Impact Spoiler For Next Week"
And now our lovely site's version:
*Warning, the title of the spoiler contains a spoiler*

"*Spoiler* Details On CHYNA Working With TNA"

HAHA :) Spoiler new champion of SD! lolz

Yano88
05-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Alright then from now on I'll visit this site only after having watched Smackdown...and maybe the day after Raw before Smackdown is taped...
It's a pity because it's cool to read and disuss things with other wrestling fans...I mean entertainment fans XD

But personally I find ridiculous that I came to know Smackdown's results 3 days before it airs...only because a journalist has to post spoiler news that contains the spoiler in the title XD
And BTW what's the point of the effort in writing **SPOILERS** at the start of the news....A liitle tip: next time just write "Smackdown has a new World Champ"... -.-

Yano88
05-06-2011, 03:42 PM
oh here I come AFTER having watched Smackdown in TV and I find WWE SmackDown Preview: Christian's First Title Defense in the news...

Oh thank you so much EWN for postin the preview of Smackdown...right after almost a week when you posted the spoiler on your main page...That's cool! ;-D

SilverGhost
05-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey dude, welcome. TheKevin Brand is right, we have nothing to do with the way that section of the site is run, we just run things a little differently here. We want you to participate in threads without spoilers if we can but not everybody plays along

Mr. Yano I assume.

Read the bolded part please. If you don't like the site because it has spoilers then just don't visit the main page.

Yano88
05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
no I'm not giving the fault to anyone and believe me I DO like this site..

Only that little thing of the spoilers is a little annoying but to everything there is a solution...so I'll just avoid coming to the site after smackdown is taped or I save the URL of the forum without coming through the main page..

It was not a my intention to arrive raise hell and leave XD
I wanted only to mention that is stupid (I don't care who does it) to post a news that contains spoilers AND writing the spoiler itself in the title of the news XD
But for the rest I like what other guys says in the forum and I've received a good welcome....so I'll enjoy the site :-)

SilverGhost
05-06-2011, 04:12 PM
no I'm not giving the fault to anyone and believe me I DO like this site..

Only that little thing of the spoilers is a little annoying but to everything there is a solution...so I'll just avoid coming to the site after smackdown is taped or I save the URL of the forum without coming through the main page..

It was not a my intention to arrive raise hell and leave XD
I wanted only to mention that is stupid (I don't care who does it) to post a news that contains spoilers AND writing the spoiler itself in the title of the news XD
But for the rest I like what other guys says in the forum and I've received a good welcome....so I'll enjoy the site :-)

Lol blame Ryan Clark. The wrestling "news" reporter. Spoilers are there for a reason though.

Stinger187
05-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Lol blame Ryan Clark. The wrestling "news" reporter. Spoilers are there for a reason though.

They are there to spoil things!

luckyrathen
05-11-2011, 08:06 AM
One more grumble about spoilers....

It's all very well having *SPOILER* written in the article headline so I know not to open it. What irritates me though is when one of the spoiler articles is at the top of the page, because you include a few lines preview from the top two articles on the list. So just by visiting the website today while trying to avoid spoilers, this was showing on the main page and I couldn't avoid it:

**SPOILER** - More WWE Over The Limit MatchesFull Article >>

It was announced at this week's WWE SmackDown! taping in Nashville, Tennessee that (spoiler removed)

I didn't want to know that. I have had Smackdown spoiled for me so many times in this manner while trying to read other wrestling news. Any chance you could get rid of the preview panels?

Here in the UK Raw goes out at 2am so I watch it Tuesday nights, and I like to watch Friday Night Smackdown without knowing in advance what is going to happen.

Also I can't find Ryan Clark on Facebook. Can someone link for me?

Oh also, hi. :)

MattElder
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
One more grumble about spoilers....

It's all very well having *SPOILER* written in the article headline so I know not to open it. What irritates me though is when one of the spoiler articles is at the top of the page, because you include a few lines preview from the top two articles on the list. So just by visiting the website today while trying to avoid spoilers, this was showing on the main page and I couldn't avoid it:

I didn't want to know that. I have had Smackdown spoiled for me so many times in this manner while trying to read other wrestling news. Any chance you could get rid of the preview panels?

Here in the UK Raw goes out at 2am so I watch it Tuesday nights, and I like to watch Friday Night Smackdown without knowing in advance what is going to happen.

Also I can't find Ryan Clark on Facebook. Can someone link for me?

Oh also, hi. :)

Welcome new dude! I also have the same problem! its espicially bad with TNA being a week behind!

Check out EWNCW in the interactive section! its good fun