PDA

View Full Version : *Spoiler* ..... IMPACT WRESTLING??

Krysys
05-04-2011, 04:36 PM
From SEScoops

At Tuesday’s TNA iMPACT! tapings from Orlando (set to air next Thursday, 5/2), Mick Foley was revealed to be the person from “the network” that has been keeping Hulk Hogan in line.
Foley came out and interrupted a promo by Immortal, informing them that TNA iMPACT! will now be known as “Impact Wrestling” – and the show will be “all about wrestling” – a clear jab at WWE, which has been distancing itself from everything “wrestling” in recent months.
Later in the show, they actually re-shot the entire segment, with Mick Foley saying that the show is no longer “TNA” – but “Impact Wrestling”.
This led to some confusion as to whether it was the company name that was changing – or just the name of the television show.
In response to the confusion – Hulk Hogan tweeted the following on Wednesday, which appears to indicate that the “TNA” name is no more:
“No TNA. only IMPACT. HH”
TNA recently registered a trademark for the name “Impact Wrestling” and took over several domain names related to the trademarked name, including “ImpactWrestling.com.”

Thoughts??

Ruthless_Aggression
05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I knew it would be Foley. When he said “all about wrestling” I wonder how much segments and promo's they'll be cutting short or just scrapping them all together. Hopefully it's not just a name change for more ratings. As for the last surprise at that taping that you didn't mention, I'll give the devils their due, did not expect "her."

Krysys
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I knew it would be Foley. When he said “all about wrestling” I wonder how much segments and promo's they'll be cutting short or just scrapping them all together. Hopefully it's not just a name change for more ratings. As for the last surprise at that taping that you didn't mention, I'll give the devils their due, did not expect "her."

You know the "all about wrestling" was a straight shot at WWE

Ruthless_Aggression
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
You know the "all about wrestling" was a straight shot at WWE

I know, but what I was saying that maybe they were saying that if their writers couldn't make decent storylines, they shouldn't at all and just make Impact Wrestling more like ROH.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Mick Foley "GM" is awesome

TheBeardOfZeus
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
To be fair, Impact Wrestling is a crap name.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-04-2011, 05:09 PM
To be fair, Impact Wrestling is a crap name.

what's with the hate?

TheBeardOfZeus
05-04-2011, 05:13 PM
what's with the hate?

It just sounds pathetic to me man, at least TNA has a bit of a different style going on, I just don't like it. People aren't creative enough anymore.

Next, it'll be called Shaking Hitting Impact Wrestling, don't do the anagram.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
It just sounds pathetic to me man, at least TNA has a bit of a different style going on, I just don't like it. People aren't creative enough anymore.

Next, it'll be called Shaking Hitting Impact Wrestling, don't do the anagram.

it's better to be called impact wrestling than tna wrestling just because it's not focused on the total nonstop action anymore

TheBeardOfZeus
05-04-2011, 05:17 PM
it's better to be called impact wrestling than tna wrestling just because it's not focused on the total nonstop action anymore

Excellent point Kevin, but it's not had much Impact recently either.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Excellent point Kevin, but it's not had much Impact recently either.

now that foley's behind the network we can finally see less yapping and more action

TheBeardOfZeus
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
now that foley's behind the network we can finally see less yapping and more action

We can hope man.

But for me, business-wise, this is not a good move if true. Changing a name of a growing band can spell disaster, many will wonder where TNA has gone, and more to the point it's almost as if they have to build from the ground up again.

And the obvious stab at WWE is idiotic too, because it's concentrating too much fire on them.

They should just ignore WWE and get on with making a great product, it's all I'm saying.

Krysys
05-04-2011, 05:50 PM

If all they did was change the name then is anything really going to change? Impact Wrestling will be just as bad as TNA if Russo and the current writing team is still there.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
We can hope man.

But for me, business-wise, this is not a good move if true. Changing a name of a growing band can spell disaster, many will wonder where TNA has gone, and more to the point it's almost as if they have to build from the ground up again.

And the obvious stab at WWE is idiotic too, because it's concentrating too much fire on them.

They should just ignore WWE and get on with making a great product, it's all I'm saying.

i dont know we'll see how it'll be played out

TheBeardOfZeus
05-04-2011, 06:30 PM
i dont know we'll see how it'll be played out

That's just my idea man, I think it would have been better to change the name when TNA was known massively around the world.

THEKEVINBRAND
05-04-2011, 06:34 PM
that's just my idea man, i think it would have been better to change the name when tna was known massively around the world.

oh if only we were the ones running that place

Stinger187
05-05-2011, 02:07 PM
if you read what it said, there not junking TNA name there branding there thursdaynight show iMPACT Wrestling, it will still be TNA just not TNA iMPACT on thursday, It will be iMPACT Wrestling!

THEKEVINBRAND
05-05-2011, 08:46 PM
if you read what it said, there not junking TNA name there branding there thursdaynight show iMPACT Wrestling, it will still be TNA just not TNA iMPACT on thursday, It will be iMPACT Wrestling!

tune in next week, that's all im gonna say (unless they edit it)