PDA

View Full Version : Reviving The Tags - How Would You Do It??

thejman93
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
If you guys were a member of creative for WWE how would you fix the tag team division?

IMO, guys like MVP, Christian, Rhodes, and other buried midcarders need to be put together into teams.

SilverGhost
11-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I would recruit teams that know each other well then throw together a team.

CobraNightviper
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
yeah or put together some old teams back together that had bad singles careers

CMhuw24
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
bring in new teams from fcw rather than make new ones. or hire free agents.

Thewoodcutter
11-30-2010, 06:32 PM
bring in new teams from fcw rather than make new ones. or hire free agents.

I prefer them to bring in new teams. I hate it when they just throw teams together at the last minute.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 06:47 PM
I would start off by not having broken up the Hart Dynasty. They were the best team that WWE had. I would also use more teams like the Usos. By that, I specifically mean "visually branded" tag teams. Does anyone remember the Headbangers, the Godwins, the Body Donnas, APA, Harlem Heat, The Steiner Brothers, The British Bulldogs, Demolition, The Legion of Doom, the Wild Samoans, the Black Jacks, the Blue Bloods? This list could go on and on and on. These were TAG TEAMS though. You saw them together and knew that they were a team because they weren't just some random couple of guys thrown together (i.e., Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre). They all had a specific visual appeal that identified them as a tag team. The great thing about that is that you can build an in-ring style that coincides with that visual appeal also. When you saw the Headbangers in the ring, you knew you could expect a more reckless and aggressive style from them. With the APA, you knew that you were in for two power houses that just want to kick ass. With the Blue Bloods, you knew you had two characters who were going to be smug and pretentious and do everything they could to offend the audience and other wrestlers. That's one of the things that WWE is largely missing right now. They had it with the Hart Dynasty and they've still got it with the Usos. (No, I do not count a larger faction such as Nexus as a tag team). TNA has it right... usually. Motor City Machine Guns are the best tag team in the world today AND... they are visually branded. Generation Me (Young Bucks) are visually branded and are a very good tag team.

The bottom line is that WWE needs Tag Teams, not guys who team up to wrestle in a tag team match. There's a big difference.

Robstar
11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I think themes are key. The Road Warriors, The Freebirds, The Rockers, The Midnight Express, The Headbangers, The New Age Outlaws, The Duleyz etc all had themes or philosophies that in addition to their in ring game, helped sell them to fans. Mainly it has an awesome merchandising angle to it that is simply being ignored - another example of the fatcat WWE not capatalising on a possible money spinner because it's too rich, fat and lethargic to pursue it.

wallyman
11-30-2010, 07:09 PM
If you guys were a member of creative for WWE how would you fix the tag team division?

IMO, guys like MVP, Christian, Rhodes, and other buried midcarders need to be put together into teams.

why bother rebuidling wwe...its awful its wack..they dont apprecite tag teams and i think its bcuz tna has resally good division...just stick to tna tag teams wwe sucks at this division

johnadah
11-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I think themes are key. The Road Warriors, The Freebirds, The Rockers, The Midnight Express, The Headbangers, The New Age Outlaws, The Duleyz etc all had themes or philosophies that in addition to their in ring game, helped sell them to fans. Mainly it has an awesome merchandising angle to it that is simply being ignored - another example of the fatcat WWE not capatalising on a possible money spinner because it's too rich, fat and lethargic to pursue it.

Merchandising is a good point. I can't imagine someone ever rushing out to buy a Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre T-Shirt. But you can damn sure believe that, as an 11 year old kid who was just getting into punk and metal, I wanted any Headbangers merchandise that I could get my hands on. WWE can play off of the Usos legendary Samoan heritage and capitalize on that when merchandising. Tribal art is always going to be big, so it is easy to use that when designing merch for the Usos. What would they have done for McIntyre and Rhodes? A Scottish flag with a cowboy hat hanging from the pole? Visual branding is great for a team and great for merchandising. Very good point, Rob.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 07:13 PM
why bother rebuidling wwe...its awful its wack..they dont apprecite tag teams and i think its bcuz tna has resally good division...just stick to tna tag teams wwe sucks at this division

Tag team division in TNA is overrated. MCMG and just recently Generation Me. That's it. Beer Money is pretty good but, got lost in the mix.

Ink Inc SUCKS
Eric Young and his different partner every couple of weeks SUCK
3D SUCKED in TNA

That's about it.

MattElder
11-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I think a major problem with tag team wrestling is the lack of managers to put a team across and really shove home a image.
Me personally with Edge looking to slow is career down i would rejoin him with Christain as the fun tag team they used to be, and put them straight in with the uso, I would also like to see carlito return as i believe him and primo were a good team.
Throw in Otunga and Harris, Mark Henry MVP, Ziggler and The Dashing one, Tyler Rex and drew McIntyre and you have the basis of a good division to add new talent to either as a tag team or id card slot.

I think theres no point in bringing new teams in to any emty division or they will just fail...wonder how long the usos will last

johnadah
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Tag team division in TNA is overrated. MCMG and just recently Generation Me. That's it. Beer Money is pretty good but, got lost in the mix.

Ink Inc SUCKS
3D SUCKED in TNA

That's about it.

I think it's strange that Beer Money's stock went down after they went heel. I loved them as a face tag team. They were a lot of fun back then. I think they work a lot better that way because they're free to goof around and showboat a bit. I thought audiences really got behind that also.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Throw in Otunga and Harris, Mark Henry MVP, Ziggler and The Dashing one, Tyler Rex and drew McIntyre and you have the basis of a good division to add new talent to either as a tag team or id card slot.

I think theres no point in bringing new teams in to any emty division or they will just fail...wonder how long the usos will last

How about we throw OUT Otunga instead. He's skilless, talentless and useless.

Thewoodcutter
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Just like his girlfriend

el gabo
11-30-2010, 07:50 PM

Yup. A waste of space and oxygen.

thejman93
11-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Yup. A waste of space and oxygen.

I was an Otunga mark back in the NXT days but now not so much...

johnadah
11-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I was an Otunga mark back in the NXT days but now not so much...

I didn't think it was possible to be an Otunga mark unless you were a 60 year old black woman hoping to score some young tale. He can't talk, he can't wrestle, he can't keep his ass cheeks inside his tights, he can't do much of anything.

thejman93
11-30-2010, 08:11 PM
I didn't think it was possible to be an Otunga mark unless you were a 60 year old black woman hoping to score some young tale. He can't talk, he can't wrestle, he can't keep his ass cheeks inside his tights, he can't do much of anything.

for the first few weeks of NXT I liked him but then I became a Wade guy

wallyman
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM

Ink Inc SUCKS
3D SUCKED in TNA

That's about it.

overrated....lol...overrated is a term u need to know how to use the definition...its not overrated is a good division..gen me mcmg inc innk beer money...beer money aint lost they are doing the storyline away with fortune but they will comeback...and ey and oj aint a bad tag team....they been togehter for a couple of months now...i think its a good division with those 4 teams...and in no shape or form is overrated since all this guys work their ass off in the ring...sorry i cannot say that about any wwe talent...all they do is kick and pucn...

CobraNightviper
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
agreed Otunga sucks and it seems the tag team division sucks(wwe anyway tna is okay)now too but at least the tag division can be fixed Otunga on the other hand can't.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
overrated....lol...overrated is a term u need to know how to use the definition...its not overrated is a good division..gen me mcmg inc innk beer money...beer money aint lost they are doing the storyline away with fortune but they will comeback...and ey and oj aint a bad tag team....they been togehter for a couple of months now...i think its a good division with those 4 teams...and in no shape or form is overrated since all this guys work their ass off in the ring...sorry i cannot say that about any wwe talent...all they do is kick and pucn...

As always, Wally, your grammar and spelling make me proud that I did not attend a public school. As for people in the WWE not working their asses off, I'm assuming you've somehow managed to go your entire life without seeing Triple H, the Undertaker, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio Jr., Kaval, Bryan Danielson, John Morrison, Chris Jericho, Evan Bourne, Edge and a whole slew of others in the ring. I really they all have a squash match once in a while, but for shit's sake they all know how to put on a hell of a match. I won't go as far as to say that any other wrestler keeps up with the pace of MCMG on a constant basis, but their are a lot of guys that still work very hard.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Impact Zone guy aren't you. Look, 2 teams DOES NOT make a great tag division. WWE's tag team division blows. Being that it sucks, it will make any other tag team division look good (even TNA's). OJ and EY are not a memorable tag team in any shape or form. Neither is Ink Inc. Jesse Neal SUCKS. Moore is pretty good but not a tag team. There's a common denominator here called MCMG. Put Gen Me against Beer Money and I don't think you have that great of a match, don't know for sure because they haven't wrestled each other.

TNA's tag team division, OVERRATED.

IrkenInvader
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd put Cena with Hornswoggle.

el gabo
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
As always, Wally, your grammar and spelling make me proud that I did not attend a public school. As for people in the WWE not working their asses off, I'm assuming you've somehow managed to go your entire life without seeing Triple H, the Undertaker, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio Jr., Kaval, Bryan Danielson, John Morrison, Chris Jericho, Evan Bourne, Edge and a whole slew of others in the ring. I really they all have a squash match once in a while, but for shit's sake they all know how to put on a hell of a match. I won't go as far as to say that any other wrestler keeps up with the pace of MCMG on a constant basis, but their are a lot of guys that still work very hard.

Stupid comment to make. I went to public schools my entire life and it went pretty well for me. Proud to have had GREAT teachers. Almost finishing up my master's degree in translation so, not a cool comment. I'm pretty sure there are other guys on the forum that went to public schools too.

johnadah
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Impact Zone guy aren't you. Look, 2 teams DOES NOT make a great tag division. WWE's tag team division blows. Being that it sucks, it will make any other tag team division look good (even TNA's). OJ and EY are not a memorable tag team in any shape or form. Neither is Ink Inc. Jesse Neal SUCKS. Moore is pretty good but not a tag team. There's a common denominator here called MCMG. Put Gen Me against Beer Money and I don't think you have that great of a match, don't know for sure because they haven't wrestled each other.

TNA's tag team division, OVERRATED.

I agree with the fact that MCMG is the common denominator. I'm sure Gen Me and Beer Money would work well together because they're all good athletes and entertainers, but I don't think it would be the quality of a match that MCMG is involved in. Remember when TNA blessed us with 5 consecutive weeks of MCMG vs Beer Money in multiple special stipulation matches? Imagine if Gen Me was there instead of MCMG. I don't think anyone would buy into that. I say it all the time and I mean it... The Motor City Machine Guns are the bet tag team in the world today.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
As always, Wally, your grammar and spelling make me proud that I did not attend a public school. .

Keep it classy guy.

Robstar
12-01-2010, 12:20 AM
All David Otunga needs is a good manager. At the next 7-11 he works at

Rich Cranium
12-01-2010, 12:23 AM

And pants!

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 12:24 AM

Graduated from a ghetto high school.....-smh-

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 12:24 AM

And pants!

Yes. He does need a manager and some GODDAMN PANTS MAN!

Robstar
12-01-2010, 12:39 AM
He always seems to be adjusting his hungry bum tights

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 12:43 AM
He always seems to be adjusting his hungry bum tights

I've even seen a few pimples back there, THANKS HD. ;) Some things you just can't UN-SEE

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 12:45 AM
I've even seen a few pimples back there, THANKS HD. ;) Some things you just can't UN-SEE

Again checking out men's asses...-smh-

You must have a big widescreen HD with zoom features.....

IPEEINTHESHOWER
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Again checking out men's asses...-smh-

You must have a big widescreen HD with zoom features.....

I have a nice set up.;)

SilverGhost
12-01-2010, 03:23 AM
I have a nice set up.;)

To check out men's asses on HD?

You need to check the therapist again dude?

SevenCagedTigers
12-01-2010, 04:48 AM
I love how in TNA they always just throw two guys together and they give them a clever name. Like Robert Roode and James Storm become Beer Money. Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal become LETHAL CONSEQUENCES!! And Shannon Moore and that other guy become Ink Inc. They use clever names to disguise the fact that its two guys thrown together.

At least in TNA they bother to NAME their tag teams. In WWE they just throw two guys together and never give them a name. MVP and Mark Henry were just that. Cody Rhodes and Drew Mcyntire were just... Cody Rhodes and Drew Mcyntire. It becomes more transparent that its just two guys thrown together when you never bother to come up with a team name. Even Jerishow and Show-Miz never seemed like an actual tag team to me, despite actually having awesomely fused entrance themes. Name your tag teams at least, its so basic.

MattElder
12-01-2010, 05:48 AM
I think ive been defeated on the Otunga one here, BUT let me tell you my method in thinking, theyre both a big guys and up and coming talent...If wwe could tone Otunga down (instead of making off jenny) and made him more quite quite and focused like Husky maybe it could work.
I honestly think all Otunga needs is a mean streak and some new pants!!!
Maybe he could leave nexus after kicking off with Barrett over leadership.
OR
Skip Sheffield and Harris

sporty
12-01-2010, 08:53 AM
new tag teams
evan bourne and justin gabriel
epico and hunico
goldust willian regal
zack ryder and curt hawkins
rey and chavo
MNM
Darren yound and xavier woods
and Wade barret,drew mcyntire,sheamus and mason ryan -england +scotland+ireland+wales =EPIC

MattElder
12-01-2010, 09:33 AM
new tag teams
evan bourne and justin gabriel
epico and hunico
goldust willian regal
zack ryder and curt hawkins
rey and chavo
MNM
Darren yound and xavier woods
and Wade barret,drew mcyntire,sheamus and mason ryan -england +scotland+ireland+wales =EPIC

I think chavo and Rey would be great not sure about Darren young and Woods

johnadah
12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Stupid comment to make. I went to public schools my entire life and it went pretty well for me. Proud to have had GREAT teachers. Almost finishing up my master's degree in translation so, not a cool comment. I'm pretty sure there are other guys on the forum that went to public schools too.

I'm sure there are plenty as well. Calm down, brother. It was just a joke. There are plenty of stupid people that attended private schools and were home schooled as well.

el gabo
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm sure there are plenty as well. Calm down, brother. It was just a joke. There are plenty of stupid people that attended private schools and were home schooled as well.

All is good

HBKfan#1
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I've thought about it and there is a way to ressurect the tag team division. Not just by putting people together. 1 way is too build them up as tag teams from fcw. thats the main way. they just have to put time into it. the 2nd way is to build chemistry and have guys that have same goals and hatred for other people. The same way they built up Rated-RKO in 06. I saw on monday Swagger and Mcintyre were teamed together and they looked awesome. The entrance, the moves. they had real chemistry. Find that and the Tag team division will be better than before

JourdyMaverickOakley
05-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Im sure i read somewhere once that the main reason the Tag Team division was dead was to do with the cost.. I wouldnt look into this to much though as i cant even remember where i saw it.. However i do like your idea about bringing teams up through FCW, i think 1 or 2 new teams from there could do wonders.

Robstar
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
As I said in another thread, I just get disheartened when I even think about the WWE tag team division these days. I figured we may as well throw around ideas about how we might like to see this division revived.

What steps would you take?
What teams would you make?

Robstar
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Firstly, If I were a WWE writer, I'd find some reason to declare the titles vacant. Then I'd do a huge tournament. Get everyone in there somehow, make it mandatory that wrestlers have to find a partner and enter - think of the plethora of entertaining situations that you might see; John Cena can't find a partner and ends up with Hornswoggle for example. Have the matches on Raw & Smackdown over time with the final match at a PPV. In the end, you have the embryo of new teams, see who gels, who gets the crowd going and there's your jump off point - you have a few ready made feuds already.

People I would team:
Smackdown
Trent Baretta & Yoshi Tatsu
Tyson Kidd & Brodus Clay
Wade Barrett & William Regal
Chavo & Daniel Bryan
Raw
Zack Ryder & Santino Marella
Evan Bourne & Rey Mysterio
Dolph Ziggler & Chris Masters
CM Punk & Tyler Reks
Primo & JTG
Otunga & Tarver

But most likely I'd create brand crossover teams than work withing the limitations of a shows specific roster.

Robstar
05-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I've thought about it and there is a way to ressurect the tag team division. Not just by putting people together. 1 way is too build them up as tag teams from fcw. thats the main way. they just have to put time into it. the 2nd way is to build chemistry and have guys that have same goals and hatred for other people. The same way they built up Rated-RKO in 06. I saw on monday Swagger and Mcintyre were teamed together and they looked awesome. The entrance, the moves. they had real chemistry. Find that and the Tag team division will be better than before

Haha, you ninja'd me!!! I might merge these threads later on, if you don't mind :D

JourdyMaverickOakley
05-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Firstly, If I were a WWE writer, I'd find some reason to declare the titles vacant. Then I'd do a huge tournament. Get everyone in there somehow, make it mandatory that wrestlers have to find a partner and enter - think of the plethora of entertaining situations that you might see; John Cena can't find a partner and ends up with Hornswoggle for example. Have the matches on Raw & Smackdown over time with the final match at a PPV. In the end, you have the embryo of new teams, see who gels, who gets the crowd going and there's your jump off point - you have a few ready made feuds already.

People I would team:
Smackdown
Tyson Kidd & Brodus Clay
Chavo & Daniel Bryan
Raw
CM Punk & Tyler Reks
Primo & JTG
Otunga & Tarver

But most likely I'd create brand crossover teams than work withing the limitations of a shows specific roster.

I really like the ideas, but i think the trick lies in bringing in new teams together as opposed to forming them by throwing 2 people together, if the dudebusters were kept together, you could of had them, santino and kozlov, slater and gabriel, 2 members of the nexus and big show and kane to give you a good base as to start a new tag division. I also agree that any team in the tag division should have the right to cross over show at any point.

K-Jammin
05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
We need a gimmick tag team match, can't remember the last time i saw a ladder match for the tag titles ( if there has been one recently then i've embarrassed myself ) Also would like to see Regal and Bryan team up, as faces or heels i don't care

Krysys
05-04-2011, 03:52 PM

People I would team:
Smackdown
Tyson Kidd & Brodus Clay
Chavo & Daniel Bryan
Raw
CM Punk & Tyler Reks
Primo & JTG
Otunga & Tarver

I honestly can't think of a better way than this.

HeelTurn
05-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Id bring in some new tag teams, most likely ones from FCW.
Smackdown would have The Usos, Gabriel and Slater, reunite The Hart Dynasty, Jackson and Henry (as Domination).
Raw would have Hawkins and Ryder (with Hawkins adopting Ryders gimmick), Kozlov and Santino, Bourne and Mysterio, and Harris and Mcguillicuty.
Bring in Brett and Ted Dibiase, Percy Watson and whatever Consequences Creed is known as.
On occasion put in some big teams, like Jerishow and ShowMiz etc.

Edit: also when a team wins the belts, make sure they act like winning them actually means something.

Tommy Thunder
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't see the problem with putting 2 singles guys together. If neither are doing anything else, then why not put them together?!
Here are the teams I'd have:

Hawkins and Ryder
Slater and Gabriel
The Usos
Kane and Big Show
Hunico and Epico (from FCW)
sign Jay Lethal, and re-form Lethal Consequences
Chavo Guererro and Rey Mysterio

miraistreak
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Tournament is def. a good way, but you need at least 6 real Tag Teams to have a solid division, with 2 additional as "throwaways". The throwaways could be singles competitors who occasionally team up, similar to Mark Henry and MVP we're.

I like Heelturn's list of tag teams to start with. We really don't need too many more FCW promotions than necessary, as the WWE has become more focused on having a leaner main roster for financial purposes. Give some of the already main roster guys time to work together and the division will rebuild itself. There just always needs to be at least one tag match every TV Taping from the actual tag-teams (not storyline thrown together for one night only) Another way is to make sure to have a storyline going from time to time. It doesn't need to be anything super huge, but even a basic promo or backstage segment that's more than "grunting" or "I am better" will work. The WWE doesn't need a huge and superb Tag Division, it just needs to not be dead weight.

K-Jammin
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't see the problem with putting 2 singles guys together. If neither are doing anything else, then why not put them together?!
Here are the teams I'd have:

Hawkins and Ryder
Slater and Gabriel
The Usos
Kane and Big Show
Hunico and Epico (from FCW)
sign Jay Lethal, and re-form Lethal Consequences
Chavo Guererro and Rey Mysterio

Shittttttttttttttt why didn't i think of this? Kudos

Rick BoA
05-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Mason Ryan Justin Gabriel
Hawkins and Ryder
Tyler Black and some other guy from fcw with his style

I dont like single guys making random tag teams. Introduce people as a tag team then make them singles, not the other way around. What great tag teams started out as single competators who held titles?

miraistreak
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Sting and Lex Luger, but that's just cheating.

cainecollin
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Mason Ryan Justin Gabriel
Hawkins and Ryder
Tyler Black and some other guy from fcw with his style

I dont like single guys making random tag teams. Introduce people as a tag team then make them singles, not the other way around. What great tag teams started out as single competators who held titles?

Undertaker/Kane
Undertaker/Big Show
Kane/Big Show
Two man power trip -> Austin/HHH
DX -> HHH/HBK
Rock & Sock Connection -> Rock/Mankind

I'm sure there were others I can't think of right now but those are off the top of my head. and all of them had great matches (well Taker/Show was mostly just show fighting but still)

Rick BoA
05-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I dont view thoes guys as tag teams, but thats just me. Taker/Kane/Big show was good because there was a solid story line going, and BOD were around when the main event picture was full.

DX started before HHH was a main eventer.

By good teams i mean teams like LOD, Hardys, E&C, Dudleys New Age Outlaws etc... When people think of great tag teams they should think of these people, not power trip.

And rock/sock lol typo!!!! but they were good because there was a story to go behind it. Why are Drew/Jack teaming up, there is no explanation.

I do see where i messed up in my explanation though

Mikeyboy7777777
05-04-2011, 05:18 PM
just reunite ryder & hawkisn and give the usos a push

cainecollin
05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I dont view thoes guys as tag teams, but thats just me. Taker/Kane/Big show was good because there was a solid story line going, and BOD were around when the main event picture was full.

DX started before HHH was a main eventer.

By good teams i mean teams like LOD, Hardys, E&C, Dudleys New Age Outlaws etc... When people think of great tag teams they should think of these people, not power trip.

And rock/sock lol typo!!!! but they were good because there was a story to go behind it. Why are Drew/Jack teaming up, there is no explanation.

I do see where i messed up in my explanation though

LMAO! just realized the typo, not sure how I managed that wow! -facepalm-

Yeah, just slapped together never work BUT if there is a nice solid storyline/reason for why they are together (say Chavo teaming with anyone and the reason being is he isn't getting a shot at any title (neither is the other person) and they figure this was their only way, would be better then just slapping people together lol.

Rich Cranium
05-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Resign Haas and Benjamin

Rockstar83
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Well since we are talking WWE this is what I got....

People I would team:
Smackdown
Wade Barrett & William Regal (Since they are both From England)
Sin Cara & Justin Gabriel (High Flying Tag Teams they can be like the M.C.M.G of WWE lol)
Sheamus & Drew McIntyre (Yeah diffrent brands I know both both Scottish- Raw and SD still show up on both shows so Draft really doesnt mean anything...)
Daniel Bryan & Ted DiBiase
Raw
R-Truth & Anybody the same color (Nation Of DOmination 2.0 LOL)
Dolph Ziggler & CM Punk

Tommy Thunder
05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Resign Haas and Benjamin

I'd love this!! Too bad it's very unlikely to happen though!!

TempestH
05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Im sure i read somewhere once that the main reason the Tag Team division was dead was to do with the cost.. I wouldnt look into this to much though as i cant even remember where i saw it.. However i do like your idea about bringing teams up through FCW, i think 1 or 2 new teams from there could do wonders.

Cost? If it cost too much money, why make a new set of belts instead of just keeping one of the two sets they had?

They break up too many tag teams just to push the next singles star. I think that members of tag teams should be allowed to have singles pushes and singles titles without the predictable breakup.

I think that if super teams like JeriShow or ShoMiz could be created by throwing two singles wrestlers together, I think that old teams like Legacy or Hawkins and Ryder could be reunited without taking away from their individual gimmicks.

Also, singles wrestlers who have sidekicks or enforcers could compete in the tag division as well. Like Miz/Riley.

tad locust
05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
The reason the WWE tag division is dead is because creative abrubtly pulls the plug on them.They did that with Deuce & Domino,Hart Dynasty,Highlanders,Etc.So in my opinion the main thing WWE needs to do is give them longtevity.In my opinion WWE should pair up lower card jobbers,possibly repackage them,and pair them up.

Tommy Thunder
05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
McIntyre and Swagger were good in the ring, but the entrance? Never seen anything so gay since Billy and Chuck!!

ratzilla
05-04-2011, 07:37 PM
alright, i have been a huge fan of tag team wrestling for years and i think a p.p.v. dedicated to the tag division would be huge to bring the titles back. with w.w.e.'s promotional power they can make it important again and i think i have the tournament to decide it. a sixteen team tournament in the july p.p.v. window to stir up the summer would be fun. here are the matchups that i would book.
1. the big show and kane
16. kozlov and santino

8. the heart dynasty
9. the brisco brothers (suprises will make it all the more interesting)

5. slater and gabriel
12. beer money (again, contracts up, add a big event feel an dmakes it seem important)

4. mason ryan and ezikel jackson
13. ted diabiase and cody rhodes

6. worlds greatest tag team
11. rey mistero and sin cara

3.sheamus and drew mcintyre
14. skip sheffield and wade barrett

7. tyler black and bryan danielson
10. c.m. punk and john morrison

2. kings of wrestling
15. alberto del rio and brodus clay

booked well this could be the best p.p.v. in years, looking forward to your thoughts.

stevieg1237
05-04-2011, 08:59 PM
though these teams would never happen, I would love to see:

Hawkins, Ryder, Barreta (If done right they could be great and get over against most of these teams as a new great trio)
Daniel Bryan & Evan Bourne (as heels, maybe add Tyson to the mix)
Wade Barrett, Sheamus & Drew McIntyre (managed by William Regal)
Zeke & Mark Henry (maybe add or sub one for Mason Ryan)
The Usos (w/ original Hip-Hop gimmicks)
Hart Dynasty (If Tyson isn't with Bourne & Bryan)
Santino & Kozlov
Ziggler & his newly signed younger brother Ryan Nemeth (Ziggler w/ blonde hair: may stay short, just be blonde)
Haas & Benjamin (If they both ever return/ highly unlikely)
Tyler Black & CM Punk

These don't all have to be tag teams at the same time, but would be pretty cool.

JohnnyPhantom
05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Those are more realistic teams. And would certainly create some awesome Tagteam matches.

But i would add Wes Brisco and Xavier Woods as well as Hunico and Epico. Both teams who have made a good impact down in FCW and put out some pretty solid matches.

stevieg1237
05-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Very true, I forgot about those. I wonder if Richie Steamboat will team w/ anyone once he debuts, maybe Yoshi?

ut11smithcor
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I think 3 tag teams here would actually make it out of these mixed singles guys,
Jackson & Ryan, although 2 big powerhouse guys are almost never good together these two certainly have a small fan base growing under them.
and their explosive moves would make for all the better matches.
Rey Mysterio & Sin cara, for obvious reasons would be good. Bringing some luchador style to the Tag team division and WWE, that right there would be something most companies dont have.
& last but most definitely not least
The Show Stealing Tag team...
Evan Bourne & Justin Gabriel, They're both young guns ready to make an impact and they both have one of those Holy Sh*t moments for a finisher.
Those are just my thoughts on what id want to see.

TempestH
05-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Ted Dibiase has his own storyline that leads to him snapping, and then he re-teams with "Disfigured" Cody Rhodes. They become the new "super-team."

Miz & Alex Riley: Miz & Riley win the tag titles, in order to ensure that their partnership is preserved in spite of the draft. Miz would keep his main event spot in addition to competing in the tag division.

The Usos

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder:

Big Zeke & Mason Ryan

Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel

Peepster
05-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I would put the Hart Dynasty back together because they shouldnt of been split up in the first place. They serve no purpose as jobbers,they were over as a tag team. I would also mix up some unused superstars around. My tag team division would consist of . . .

The Hart Dynasty
Santino & Koslov
The Usos
Ted Dibiase & Ezekiel Jackson (virgil figure)
Jinder Mahal & Khali - The Punjabi PLayboys
Jack Swagger & Chris Masters - Masters of America
Michael McGillicutty & Husky Harris - 2nd generation Redneck type gimmick!?!?!
R-Truth, David Otunga, Michael Tarver, JTG & Mark Henry - Nation of Domination

HBKfan#1
05-05-2011, 12:00 AM
and also think about this. how AMAZING would it be if the two spanish icons teamed up. Sin cara and mysterio. You could even throw in Chavo as the manager or a wrestler it doesnt matter! it could be like another mexican stable of high flyers! Down the line how cool would it be if they even added del rio to the mix (probably wont happen). but keep an open mind!

Other examples:
William Regal and Wade Barret: Two brits. ones the veteran and ones an up and comer. Great tag team. It would also give Regal one last run.

Gabriel and Slater: These two guys have been Naturally good together since being in The O. Nexus and the Corre. Why not Give them a shot to be the next great tag team, that DOESNT break up.

The uso's and Mark henry: I honestly do think this would be an interesting trio

Kane and Big show: Theyre getting older so It would be best to keep them as a tag team

Primo and mysterio?

FCW:
Peter orlov and Kozolov: Both russian

Tito colon and primo: If im not mistaken theyre brothers

Hunico and epico: Both masked wrestlers

Hunico and mysterio? hunico and sin cara? or have all of the masked wrestlers mentioned fued with one another? the possibilities are pretty much endless.

faith77
05-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Sign Haas and Benjamin back.
Sign Kings of Wrestling.
Put Morrison and Mercury back together (with or without Melina)
Reunite Hawkins and Ryder

On top of that add it existing teams like the Uso's and Slater & Gabriel and you have a pretty good tag team division, as long as you don't start splitting them up for singles matches when you want jobbers for Orton and Cena.

Robstar
05-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I would put the Hart Dynasty back together because they shouldnt of been split up in the first place. They serve no purpose as jobbers,they were over as a tag team. I would also mix up some unused superstars around. My tag team division would consist of . . .

The Hart Dynasty
Santino & Koslov
The Usos
Ted Dibiase & Ezekiel Jackson (virgil figure)
Jinder Mahal & Khali - The Punjabi PLayboys
Jack Swagger & Chris Masters - Masters of America
Michael McGillicutty & Husky Harris - 2nd generation Redneck type gimmick!?!?!
R-Truth, David Otunga, Michael Tarver, JTG & Mark Henry - Nation of Domination

The problem with those themes is, well the actual themes themselves are too controversial to revisit, especially the Nation. Being PG and playing up stereotypes opens WWE up to all sorts of criticisms

hiphopjunkie
05-05-2011, 12:15 AM
David Otunga and Skip Sheffeild should have been a tag team. They could be extremely dominant...

Peepster
05-05-2011, 12:23 AM
The problem with those themes is, well the actual themes themselves are too controversial to revisit, especially the Nation. Being PG and playing up stereotypes opens WWE up to all sorts of criticisms

Well Husky and McGillicutty and be cowboys instead of rednecks and yeah the NOD would be very controversial but I see them leaning towards that kind of gimmick with R-Truth anyways

brewer314
05-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Why did they bounce Caylen Croft? I liked the "Dude busters"

I liked the Hart Dynasty too.

brewer314
05-05-2011, 01:00 AM
[/B]The problem with those themes is, well the actual themes themselves are too controversial to revisit, especially the Nation. Being PG and playing up stereotypes opens WWE up to all sorts of criticisms

No, the problem with the Nation idea is that there can't a Nation without Farooq.:cool:

brewer314
05-05-2011, 01:05 AM
As I said in another thread, I just get disheartened when I even think about the WWE tag team division these days. I figured we may as well throw around ideas about how we might like to see this division revived.

What steps would you take?
What teams would you make?

Dedicated tag teams: No more random low cards pieced together, unless of course they have chemistry.
Actual championships: No more of those goofy bronze abominations.
COMMITMENT: story lines , feuds, etc.

Krow132
05-05-2011, 01:33 AM
These are teams I want to, and can see being made
Sheamus & Drew Mcintyre
R-Truth & JTG
Tyler Reks & Vladimir Kozlov
Mason Ryan & Ezekiel Jackson* Although I see these two as potential main eventers instead
Mark Henry & Brodus Clay
Daniel Bryan & William Regal* Needs to happen soon or it won't
Ted DiBiase & Del Rio* Temporary at least
Michael Tarver & Heath Slater* For some reason I think these two would be a good team
Swagger & McGuillicutty* I think a face turn and partnership could help both these guys

I can see most if not all of these teams forming with little character change, two or three are longshots but the rest I feel are viable tag teams that could really beef up the division.

Leggo
05-05-2011, 02:56 AM
I think there has been a lot of speculation on this thread on what tag teams would work, so I won't be suggesting any. I would agree that most teams would work.

But to answer the question on how I would revive the tag team division, I would...

Split the belts back to two brands
Hold a big competition (I think robstar suggested this) maybe before survivor series (team aspect)
Actually give a slot on each televised show, designated to the tag division
And put some credibilty back into the tag division

It's not like it was when I was a lad! Man I sound old... Lol

HCollins-TNA1
05-05-2011, 11:07 AM

There are several reason why the tag division isn't the best in the WWE....
1 when HBK turned on Marty Jennatty.
2 Vince never really like tag team wrestling, why i do not know??
3 Since the brand split in the 2000s , the tag division went down hill...
4 Also the brand split then allowed for new tag teams to be made as well, Kane and RVD, Booker T and Golddust, Flair and Batastia, and Rated RKO etc....
5 money has little to do with it, it more the less the fame one member gets!!!!!

JourdyMaverickOakley
05-05-2011, 11:20 AM
There are several reason why the tag division isn't the best in the WWE....
1 when HBK turned on Marty Jennatty.
2 Vince never really like tag team wrestling, why i do not know??
3 Since the brand split in the 2000s , the tag division went down hill...
4 Also the brand split then allowed for new tag teams to be made as well, Kane and RVD, Booker T and Golddust, Flair and Batastia, and Rated RKO etc....
5 money has little to do with it, it more the less the fame one member gets!!!!!

See i knew of a few of them reasons, as i said i wasnt sure where i'd heard the rumour about money being an issue, which is why i was quick to say dont read to much into me bringing it up, but thanks none the less ! :D

mikethebike62
05-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Just make Zach and Primo champs. It's as easy as that!

VKM
05-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Ted Dibiase and Mike Dibiase (Somehow, bring in Ted's older brother, he's better than Brett Dibiase IMO)
Hart Dynasty (bring them back together again)
Cryme Tyme (bring Shad back in the WWE and let them wrestle as a team!)
Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins
The Usos
World's Greatest Tag Team

ut11smithcor
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
No offense to anyone, but Cryme Tyme really?
They were a joke. Not even serious competitors.
Same with Santino & Kozlov. I'd definitely break them up and
find Kozlov a Russian Partner. then MAYBE since Santino is so funny,
make him their manager. lol.

SESAfro
05-05-2011, 02:25 PM
This is the one that has the most to deal with it. People can be egomaniacs and care only about the fame and not putting on good shows.

McIntyre and Swagger were good in the ring, but the entrance? Never seen anything so gay since Billy and Chuck!!
I loved Billy & Chuck. ):

AgeoftheFallguy
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I think what worked on NXT could do well on raw or Smackdown, using some of the younger guys together. When Daniel and Bateman were tagging on NXT they were great. Technical and power wrestling. Plus they were really entertaining, even had the matching Trunks and several tag wins on NXT. Its really led me to think they could have been the tag Champs since they showed them using such good teamwork and that’s what the prize was, a tag title change. They certainly have done anything with Dragon since then besides loosing the US title and trying to make Sheamus look good.

blackout version 1
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
They should do a tag team version of nxt :) personally i like tag teams match but i find certain one boring , if they made it purely tornado tag team matches it could be awesome.

blackout version 1
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Haha agreed :P I wonder why they did it that why :L GLAADS request ? :L

Mikeyboy7777777
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Well since we are talking WWE this is what I got....

Sheamus & Drew McIntyre (Yeah diffrent brands I know both both Scottish- Raw and SD still show up on both shows so Draft really doesnt mean anything...)

isn't sheamus irish?

ut11smithcor
05-05-2011, 08:55 PM
isn't sheamus irish?

yes, and btw u all overlooked a tag team, Booker T and Goldust. also excuse my ignorance here but what ever happened to Booker T's old Harlem Heat partner?

eboy
05-07-2011, 03:35 AM
They should do a tag team version of nxt :) personally i like tag teams match but i find certain one boring , if they made it purely tornado tag team matches it could be awesome.

Thats is actually an awesome idea it could feature
The Currant FCW tag champs Seth Rollins & Richie Steamboat
Xavier Woods & Wes Briscoe so on

eboy
05-07-2011, 03:37 AM
as for the main tag division they just need to look at their roster and see what could work

Sin Cara & Chavo Guerrero
Jack Swagger & Ted DiBease
David Hart Smith & Evan Bounre/Yoshi tatsu
Bo & Husky Harris

North Vegas Benny
05-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Out of the roster they have here are some of my picks

DH Smith & Tyson Kidd
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Ezekiel Jackson & Mason Ryan
Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel
Kane & Big Show
R-Truth & JTG
Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler & Cody Rhodes

There you go some that are already tag teams, some that I think need to be reunited, and some that I think would make a goode tag team. If I was in charge these teams would be the ones getting the push to rebuild the tag team devision.

TempestH
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
The Miz & Alex Riley: Cena retains the WWE title. Miz is ready to dump Riley, but Riley, unwilling to let go of the Miz, begs Miz for one more chance, and they challenge for the Tag Team titles. Miz and Riley become the Tag champs and Miz inserts himself into the main event scene on both RAW and SmackDown.

Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez: Everyone already knows that Ricardo is a capable wrestler, so lets get this guy competing already.

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater: These two work well together, and I think they should remain together even after Nexus and Corre are gone.

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase: Since Maryse was injured by Kharma, DiBiase snaps because he never stopped loving her. He starts taking out his rage by attacking random superstars (coincidentally these would be Cody's opponents). During one of Rhodes' promos, Rhodes starts putting the bags on people's heads and talking about their "ugliness." DiBiase comes out and interrupts him shouting "NONE OF YOU WILL EVER BE AS BEAUTIFUL AS SHE (Maryse) WAS!" Ted starts going on and on about how "the room lit up when she smiles and now she's gone," etc. Rhodes feels compassion for his former partner, and The New Legacy is formed as a result

Evan Bourne & Kharma: Bourne and Kelly win a mixed tag match, when all of a sudden Kharma's music plays, and she comes out to the ring. Kelly sits in the corner all scared like when Kharma suddenly grabs Bourne by the hair with one hand and plants a kiss on the smaller man's lips, basically staking a claim on the little twink as her boyfriend. They would start tagging together, and eventually Kharma would become an "abusive girlfriend."

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins: Just put them in random segments together, doesn't need any story behind it.

Mason Ryan & Ezekiel Jackson: They both walk out on their respective stables and begin teaming

David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty

Jimmy & Jey Uso

John Morrison & Joey Mercury (with or without Melina): When Morrison returns he returns as a heel. He talks about how only one person supported him through the Trish drama, and through R-Truth snapping on him, and he brings out Mercury, who has been brought back to the main roster. The former MnM members reunite, using the old red carpet and paparazzi with Morrison's theme song and slow motion entrance.

lewis666m
05-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Ha ha agreed!! It was very very camp!!

Something does need to be done with the tag team division right now tho. Its good that they have put the belts on a credible team like Kane n Show who are awesome at developing n putting new talent over. To be completely honest i have never been the biggest fan of tag wrestling but much prefer watching a tag bout over weak mid card fueds and matches with Cole n Lawler. TLC 2 at WM17 one of greatest matches ever!!!

Unsure as to what new teams would really work, think the days of teams like Hardys, Dudleys, Edge & Christian & Team Angle are over n we will constantly be stuck with weak teams passing the belt between themselves each week.

Mr. McMahon
05-12-2011, 10:21 AM
NO! The solution is NOT to just randomly throw two midcarders together to form a tag team. A tag team needs to be unique, they both need to have something in common that makes them a tag team and without each other they wouldn't be the same.

For ex: The Dudley Boys.

This is what a tag team should be look, they had the same attire, worked great together and were different from any other tag team. It wasn't just two random guys just put together just for the sake of getting one more tag team in division. They had the glasses, which were a part of their identity and something we could associate them with and most importantly... TABLES! When you think of Dudleys, you think of tables. They took it to a whole different level and incorporated it into their gimmicks. There goal was to be the best tag team and win the titles. They are not meant to be singles competitiors, which is why they just don't shine as much when they are in singles division, because they are a Tag Team.

Those are the kind of tag teams we need to have a proper tag team divison. Not just two random ass guys put together like Sheamus & Wade Barrett.

Other tag teams:
Hardys - Ladders, High Risk, Dare Devils
E&C - Chairs, Comedy, Brothers.
APA - Money, Gambling, Beer and most importantly kicking ass

I believe that last real tag team in recent memory was probably London & Kendrick.

Although Usos & Hart Dynasty were there, they just failed to make any impact and were just another regular tag team. They may have had the same clothes, same music but its not the clothes and music that makes the tag team, they had no charisma and nothing different about them from other tag teams... just two canadians who were trained by harts

68wPayne
05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
I like the idea of Kane and Big Show getting injured by Mason Ryan, having to vacate the tag titles and forming a tournament. That way there is exposure, people get a chance to see some great tag team wrestling hopefully. Doesn't need to be just thrown together randomly teams, Don't just have it "so and so, and so and so" have them have actual names and whatnot. Trevor Murdoch and Skip Sheffield - The Redneck Wrecking Crew
Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater - The Corre (that way they can defend them under Freebird Rules), Drew McIntyre and Jack Swagger managed by Michael Cole - (someone said this on another thread, don't remember who but credit to you) The COLEition, The Usos, bring in Hunico & Epico (exception to the naming rule because it flows together) and The South Beach Party Boys from FCW.

dondorian
05-12-2011, 11:14 AM
i would agree with the tag tourement......but i would never agree on the teams i have saw allready

well at first i would have

show + kane
slater + gabriel
santino + kozlov
the uso brothers
as the ussuel(i never said the nexus cause they are just about broken up)

other teams i would use would proberly be.......
drew + sheamus(they are both from the uk and both have celtic backgrounds)
regal + bryan(trainer and trainee teaming up plus they have the amerture background as well that would work great together)
Ryder + Cody Rhoodes(too pretty wrestlers who are faces that have'nt made it yet could be a good coming together reason)
Dolph + the miz( the other 2 pretty boys that have made it though and plus this could be the heel version)
Kofi kingston + Jomo (the fast argile two could work good together well better than r-truth and morison anyway)
R-truth + JTG(make jtg heel he could work as a better heel plus they are both ex crimanals which works together)
mark henry + khali(these 2 monstars would destroy most people as a tag team)
masters + primo(the connection with teaming with carlito would bring them together)
Ted dibaise + alberto del rio(2 mulit generation wrestlers teaming up would be nice again)
Mason ryan + tarver (as 2 strong wrestlers could be the heel team of strenth)

HCollins-TNA1
05-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Right now WWE got 3 or 4 active tag teams....

Kane and Big Show who are the champs
The Usos
Slater and Gabriel
Santino and Vladimir

Here who i would add
Mark Henry and Ezekiel Jackson and William Regal
Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins
The DiDease brothers Ted and Brett even give Mike a call!!!
CM Punk and Mason Ryan
Kofi Kingson, JTG, Micheal Tarver, and R Truth

eboy
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Read my WWE booking to find out how i'd revive the Tag Division

TempestH
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
yes, and btw u all overlooked a tag team, Booker T and Goldust. also excuse my ignorance here but what ever happened to Booker T's old Harlem Heat partner?

I'd like to see Booker T and Goldust reunite. They would make a great tag team, AND Booker can wrestle part time like Jerry Lawler, but he can bolster SmackDown's main event scene.

Viper
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
I'll say this: it would be a very long ass and painful journey to reviving the tag team division again.

i'd bring in at least 6-7 tag teams or perhaps pair a few mid-carders together ... then start up a tag team tournament and have the titles claimed in a high stakes tlc match to end the tournament.

Ruthless_Aggression
05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Where the hell is Johnny Curtis?

Bodom
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Where the hell is Johnny Curtis?

Losing battle royals in FCW.

Ruthless_Aggression
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Losing battle royals in FCW.

And they said winning NXT didn't mean anything...

Bodom
05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
And they said winning NXT didn't mean anything...

Unless you're name is Wade Barrett, you're better off losing NXT.