PDA

View Full Version : The Best British Comedian thread

eboy
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I am all over comedy

I love Comedians Like David Mitchell, Michael Mcintrye, Russell Howard, Rhod Gilbert, Loyd Langford Marick Larwood Ect an wanted to know who your favourite Comedian

If your Favourite isn't on the Poll Post there name on the thread

Steve Austin
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I choose Russell Brand, Jimmy Carr, Kevin Bridges, Robert Webb.

Necroyeti
04-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Rich Hall's about as American as they come.

Anyway, Roy Chubby Brown.

Out of the choices, David Mitchell.

Leggo
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I've seen Lee Evans live twice and he's hilarious. He can wear you out a bit, but he's very funny.

Ricky gervais stand up was good too.

HeelTurn
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I would say Jimmy Carr, but hes not up there so Frankie Boyle.

Robstar
04-25-2011, 03:20 PM
What a fucking list. Where's Ricky Gervais, Ronnie Barker, Ben Elton, Catherine Tate, Matt Lucas, John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson or Billy Connolly for fuck sake? Very generation specific. And Lenny Henry? Really?

xAzureSkye
04-25-2011, 03:53 PM
does nobody find Alan & Jimmy Carr funny?

eboy
04-25-2011, 05:03 PM
What a fucking list. Where's Ricky Gervais, Ronnie Barker, Ben Elton, Catherine Tate, Matt Lucas, John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson or Billy Connolly for fuck sake? Very generation specific. And Lenny Henry? Really?

Calm Down these are Just the people I Find Funny People have different tastes Jesus Talk about Facism:)

Rowan Atkinson
Matt Lucas
John Cleese
Ronnie Barker
Billy Connolly are all great

Where as Ricky Gervais is Awfull The Guy is an Idiot and Probs the least funny person on the planet

xAzureSkye
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Calm Down these are Just the people I Find Funny People have different tastes Jesus Talk about Facism:)

Rowan Atkinson
Matt Lucas
John Cleese
Ronnie Barker
Billy Connolly are all great

Where as Ricky Gervais is Awfull The Guy is an Idiot and Probs the least funny person on the planet

First off, Ronnie Barker? really?
Rickey Gervais is amazing, hilarious!
Its spelled "fascism"
I think you shouldnt have a poll.. let people comment on their own favourite, of course you will miss out some hilarious comedians and chose your own favourite for the polls

eboy
04-25-2011, 05:13 PM
First off, Ronnie Barker? really?
Rickey Gervais is amazing, hilarious!
Its spelled "fascism"
I think you shouldnt have a poll.. let people comment on their own favourite, of course you will miss out some hilarious comedians and chose your own favourite for the polls

If You've read any of my posts you'd realise I'm a God awfull speller yea this topic was always gonna be about other peoples tastes

To me Gervais is Awfull

and Ronnie Barker is a true Legend IMO

Accept other Peoples views Dont be A Fascist :)

CGBigMan
04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Frankie boyle is my fave even if he pushes the bounderies to far some times

Lowki
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
You can't forget Sean Lock!? I'll go for howard...although i feel like i'm abandoning my people by not picking Rhod.

RomanFlare
04-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Does British include Scottish?

Cause Billy Connolly is hilarious.

Robstar
04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
*sigh*
Whatsit is right, you shouldn't have a poll. And your comments on Gervais is what you are basically what you are criticising others for. We can be right if we only agree with you right?

Rich Cranium
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Mr Bean FTW!

Automatic
04-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Mr Bean FTW!

Second this.

el gabo
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Mr Bean FTW!

Took the words right out of my mouth. This was amazing, what's he up to these days?

MattElder
04-26-2011, 02:38 AM
All these guys are the newbies and what i refer to as Indies!
Ricky Gervais is pure awful at stand up BUT put him on a show and he's funny as.
This is a british pole and nobodys involved the most British of the brits! Al Murray! Also Bernard Mannin is a legend, Peter Kay, The TWO Ronnies to name just a few!!!

Just remember the oldies are the best and that is a fact! which is why the indies use their material!

HeelTurn
04-26-2011, 08:02 AM
All these guys are the newbies and what i refer to as Indies!
Ricky Gervais is pure awful at stand up BUT put him on a show and he's funny as.
This is a british pole and nobodys involved the most British of the brits! Al Murray! Also Bernard Mannin is a legend, Peter Kay, The TWO Ronnies to name just a few!!!

Just remember the oldies are the best and that is a fact! which is why the indies use their material!

The Two Ronnies were legends, also Morecombe and Wise.

xAzureSkye
04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
*sigh*
Whatsit is right, you shouldn't have a poll. And your comments on Gervais is what you are basically what you are criticising others for. We can be right if we only agree with you right?

Agreed.. and my name aint Whatsit xD

eboy
04-26-2011, 11:07 AM
*sigh*

Infact what i'm saying is Everyone is entitled to their own Openion and thats mine regarding Ricky Gervais and Arguring your Openion is the whole point of this F'n Forum where as somebody was attacking my openion instead of Discuss the point I'm Raising

HeelTurn
04-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Infact what i'm saying is Everyone is entitled to their own Openion and thats mine regarding Ricky Gervais and Arguring your Openion is the whole point of this F'n Forum where as somebody was attacking my openion instead of Discuss the point I'm Raising

when did john sullivan die, damn that sucks

eboy
04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
when did john sullivan die, damn that sucks
Just the other Day Sunday i think and its his rock and chips thursday night

HeelTurn
04-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Just the other Day Sunday i think and its his rock and chips thursday night

wow i did not know that, did he do rock and chips and the green green grass to

eboy
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
wow i did not know that, did he do rock and chips and the green green grass to

correct both

Lowki
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
The Best British Comedian thread

This would imply that if someone finds them funny they should be in the poll. You may not like Gervais, but he's not really famous for his stand - up. He's more of a situational comedian. Shows like Extras (first season), The Office (So big the american's had to do a version), Ricky Gervais Show and the brief bits of him on Idiot Abroad are insanely funny (It isn't just Karl Pilkington. The stuff Gervais comes out with to antagonize Karl are gold.)

Lenny Henry is not funny.

Sean Lock!
Al Murray
Peter Kay
Catherine Tate
Matt Lucas
John Cleese
Rowan Atkinson
Billy Connolly
Johnny Vegas
Jason Manford
Ross Noble
Charlie Brooker (His dry sense of humour is absolutely pants wettingly good)
david walliams
Jimmy Carr
Alan Carr

I dislike Mcintyre and lee evans because i feel they are very overrated. All people go on about when it comes to comedy in the UK is these two. Just because i don't feel that they are THAT funny, doesn't mean i would leave them out of a list of Best British Comedians. Peter Kay is similar; very overhyped and was kind of repetitive with his jokes (many live shows kinda sound the same).

If you are going to do a proper poll you should really be objectional. It says "The Best British Comedian thread" not "The Best British Comedian thread poll based on Eboy's choices"

eboy
04-26-2011, 01:12 PM
it Should Be called

"The Jesus Christ its Just a Poll Watch your Blood Pressure and Just mention them on the Thread poll Thread "

Lowki
04-26-2011, 06:05 PM
My blood pressure is fine but if you want to take what i thought was perfectly fine constructive criticism and act like a child then carry on.

eboy
04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
My blood pressure is fine but if you want to take what i thought was perfectly fine constructive criticism and act like a child then carry on.

man it wasn't aimed at you sorry if it seemed that way I'm just Saying everyone should Calm Down and discuss the topic IGNORE THE POLL

Robstar
04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
There's a topic?

Lowki
04-27-2011, 07:23 AM
man it wasn't aimed at you sorry if it seemed that way I'm just Saying everyone should Calm Down and discuss the topic IGNORE THE POLL
I think all of this bickering stems from the poll anyway lol. Bad idea on that front :P

MattElder
04-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Is it ironic i find this thread amusing?

xAzureSkye
04-27-2011, 07:53 AM
There's a topic?

Fascism apparently

eboy
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I think all of this bickering stems from the poll anyway lol. Bad idea on that front :P

Yea I've Admitted that :)

People Still Dont want to discuss the topic of British Comedians

Personally My Favourite is Russell Howard his show is off the Charts

and I wasn't Really a fan of McIntrye Untill Britians Got Talent he cracks me up on that

HeelTurn
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Jimmy carr cracks me up, seen him live twice, such a funny guy, although as he admits you need to remove your moral compass

thejman93
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Rickey Gervais is the man!

eboy
04-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Jimmy carr cracks me up, seen him live twice, such a funny guy, although as he admits you need to remove your moral compass

Do you watch 10 o'clock Live?

HeelTurn
04-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Do you watch 10 o'clock Live?

ive seen it, charlie brookers amusing, as is jimmy carr, and lauren laverne is from my neck of the woods, but still cant really get into it

eboy
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
ive seen it, charlie brookers amusing, as is jimmy carr, and lauren laverne is from my neck of the woods, but still cant really get into it

Yea me too i watch it if theres nothing else on but i dont make sure I'm watching

I think David Mitchell should do all political interviews hes F'n Hilarious

HeelTurn
04-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Yea me too i watch it if theres nothing else on but i dont make sure I'm watching

I think David Mitchell should do all political interviews hes F'n Hilarious

its quite amusing how angry he gets, like in would i lie to you or whatever that shows called.

eboy
04-27-2011, 04:16 PM
its quite amusing how angry he gets, like in would i lie to you or whatever that shows called.

Yea Man Would I Lie to You is on BBC One after the news tonight