PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mir vs Mirko Cro Cop

Northernwolf
09-22-2010, 05:56 AM
At UFC 119 one of the most deadly strikers in MMA history Mirko Cro Cop will take on Frank Mir who is one of the best BJJ heavyweights in the world.

With Mirko coming off of a submission victory over Pat Barry and Mir coming off a loss against Shane Carwin, the stakes are high for both fighters on September 25th and should make for a very interesting fight.

In this fight Mir should try and get this to the ground, he may be good on his feet but can he handle someone as experienced as Cro Cop?

As for Cro Cop he should keep this fight standing up and stay away from the ground game of Mir if wants to win this fight, Mirko's take down defense should help with this, but once he is down he probably won't get back up.

IMO Frank Mir wins this fight via Sub.

I welcome all veiws and hope to hear from you all.

:DPeace:D

Frank Mir
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Total fights 18
Wins 13
By knockout 2
By submission 8
By decision 2
By disqualification 1

Losses 5
By knockout 5
By submission 0
No contests 0

Mirko Cro Cop
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Total fights 38
Wins 28
By knockout 21
By submission 4
By decision 3

Losses 7
By knockout 2
By submission 2
By decision 3
Draws 2
No contests 1

Robstar
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't like Mir that much but he's definetly got the tools to win. Not sure if Mirko's best days are behind him though. If Mir can take it off the feet, he should submit Mirko.

IrkenInvader
09-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Mir has been training a lot differently, more weight training so his srtiking game is better than it used to be. Heard him say in an interview he never used to wrap his knuckles in training because he didn't hit hard enough to hurt. After his strength training he says he feels every one now, with or wthout tape.

Robstar
09-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Mir has been training a lot differently, more weight training so his srtiking game is better than it used to be. Heard him say in an interview he never used to wrap his knuckles in training because he didn't hit hard enough to hurt. After his strength training he says he feels every one now, with or wthout tape.

I think Frank has his sights set on Brock for sure and his modified training is probably due to that. Whether Lesnar has the belt or not, I'm quite certain Mir wants to fight him again. To his credit he has stated that he thinks he is 2 or 3 fights(wins) away from a title shot, which is realistic. Still wish it was Big Nog he was fighting this weekend though

Northernwolf
09-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Well I just got done watching the fight and it was terrible.

14 minutes of Mir humping Cro Cop against the cage and then throwing a knee which I must say was pretty sweet.

In the end glad I watched it online and didn't buy it.