PDA

View Full Version : NWA World Title

HCollins-TNA1
04-23-2011, 09:43 PM
From NWA facebook page
NWA Wrestling
BREAKING NEWS from Jacksonville, FL: The Sheik has defeated Colt Cabana to capture the NWA World Heavyweight Title, more details to follow!

thedag
04-23-2011, 09:44 PM
that title means nothing now.

HCollins-TNA1
04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
means nothing but still one of the most historic championships in the World..... I still follow it... and the NWA can't be killed.... Many have tried and failed.....

jwt15
04-23-2011, 10:23 PM
that title means nothing now.

I would't say it means nothing it still has the bet history out of all other titles and trust me the NWA WILL RISE AGAIN!!! ;)

Bodom
04-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Who the fuck is The Sheik.

HCollins-TNA1
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
This is him, very big on the Indy scene and the NWA..... Top heel maybe from stories and reports I have read!!!!

Bodom
04-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Strange. If he's as big as you say, I'm surprised I've never heard of him till now.

jwt15
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Strange. If he's as big as you say, I'm surprised I've never heard of him till now.

I've never heard of him either

HCollins-TNA1
04-23-2011, 10:49 PM

Might be one of the top heels like I said and very decorated as he held many titles......
Here his wikipedia page.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Cabibbo
Also here another page that might be useful in getting to know him.... he attacked Adam Pearce last year at the NWA Wrestling Reunion in Charlotte NCtoo......
http://midwestwrestling.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=203:announcing-qthe-sheikq-nwa-triple-crown-champion-accepting-booking-now&catid=15:latest-news

HCollins-TNA1
04-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Here's a small list of accomplishments he had made on his way to winning the NWA title....

The Sheik’s Road to the Worlds Heavyweight Title:

1. August 1, 2009 – Defeats Steve Madison to become NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion

2. October 23, 2009 – Defeats Silas Young to become NWA MidWest Heavyweight Champion

3. January 3o, 2010 – Defeats “El Gran” Apolo to become NWA North American Heavyweight Champion

4. August 8, 2010 – Blindside attacks NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Adam Pearce at NWA Legends FanFest, knocking the Champion out, causing a no contest, and costing National Champion Phil Shatter a shot at the title. Returns to brawl with both men.

5. August 9-12, 2010 – Pearce and Shatter both issue challenges to The Sheik setting the stage for an all out war between the National Wrestling Alliances top 3 title holders.

thedag
04-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Here's a small list of accomplishments he had made on his way to winning the NWA title....

The Sheik’s Road to the Worlds Heavyweight Title:

1. August 1, 2009 – Defeats Steve Madison to become NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion

2. October 23, 2009 – Defeats Silas Young to become NWA MidWest Heavyweight Champion

3. January 3o, 2010 – Defeats “El Gran” Apolo to become NWA North American Heavyweight Champion

4. August 8, 2010 – Blindside attacks NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Adam Pearce at NWA Legends FanFest, knocking the Champion out, causing a no contest, and costing National Champion Phil Shatter a shot at the title. Returns to brawl with both men.

5. August 9-12, 2010 – Pearce and Shatter both issue challenges to The Sheik setting the stage for an all out war between the National Wrestling Alliances top 3 title holders.

none of those belts mean anything.

thedag
04-24-2011, 12:02 AM
and i never heard of him.

Rich Cranium
04-24-2011, 11:29 AM

Didn't The Sheik train Sabu to become a wrestler as well as being his uncle?

Necroyeti
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Kinda makes me sad that Colt Cabana had a month-long intermediate reign as champion in a company that usually has long-ass title reigns :(

Fuck, did he even defend the thing?

Rich Cranium
04-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Yes and lost. ;)

The New Guy
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Didn't The Sheik train Sabu to become a wrestler as well as being his uncle?

That is the original Sheik, Ed Farhat.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/02/02/original.jpg
The one who won the title was Joseph Cabibbo
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/b0shey/JosephCabibbo.jpg

Rich Cranium
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
That is the original Sheik, Ed Farhat.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/02/02/original.jpg
The one who won the title was Joseph Cabibbo
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/b0shey/JosephCabibbo.jpg

Right, I forgot to include: /sarcasm

The New Guy
04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Right, I forgot to include: /sarcasm

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-bcGKNZAscE/TIcI1NwIbzI/AAAAAAAAAEw/cZV2zJDGrsY/s1600/sorry.jpg
:)

HCollins-TNA1
04-24-2011, 01:02 PM
none of those belts mean anything.

The fact is the NWA is still around and is the largest Governing body in Wrestling today!!!!!

And on a side note to bad the Briscoes didn't win the NWA tag titles last night.....

HCollins-TNA1
04-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Kinda makes me sad that Colt Cabana had a month-long intermediate reign as champion in a company that usually has long-ass title reigns :(

I think this was like his second or third title defense....
I would take it there will bea rematch at the latest by August at the NWA Legends Fanfest weekend!!!!
Although I do know there are several guys that have thrown out challenges for the belt... the Maestro, Chance Prophet, also I guess Adam Preace in due time will look for another title reign???

Rich Cranium
04-24-2011, 01:13 PM
And on a side note to bad the Briscoes didn't win the NWA tag titles last night.....

I thought those guys were in FCW? Wes and the other one.

HCollins-TNA1
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I thought those guys were in FCW? Wes and the other one.

Talking about Jay and Mark Briscoe from Ring of Honor...
Wes Brisco is is in FCW and is son of Jerry Brisco, if i'm not wrong???

Rich Cranium
04-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Talking about Jay and Mark Briscoe from Ring of Honor...
Wes Brisco is is in FCW and is son of Jerry Brisco, if i'm not wrong???

Thanks for the clarification. Is Briscoe Jay and Mark's real last name? If not, they ought to change it to avoid confusion.

HCollins-TNA1
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Is Briscoe Jay and Mark's real last name? If not, they ought to change it to avoid confusion.

The spelling got me confused when they first started out..... I think many people thought they were related to the other Briscos.... But Jay and mark spell their name with an e on the end!!!!

Rich Cranium
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
The spelling got me confused when they first started out..... I think many people thought they were related to the other Briscos.... But Jay and mark spell their name with an e on the end!!!!

But it doesn't translate so well with the announcers. Briscos vs Briscoes sounds like a family feud.

jethro
04-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Is this Colt first title defense and loss?

HCollins-TNA1
04-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Is this Colt first title defense and loss?

2nd or 3rd if not wrong??? and first loss!!!

buzzkillington
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow, I was beginning to have hope for the NWA again. Looks like they went and TNA'd the value of their title. A shame too, because Cabana is the kind of guy that the NWA should build around.

HCollins-TNA1
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow, I was beginning to have hope for the NWA again. Looks like they went and TNA'd the value of their title. A shame too, because Cabana is the kind of guy that the NWA should build around.

I'm guessing a 2nd reign will be in place.... To build crediblity????

buzzkillington
04-25-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm guessing a 2nd reign will be in place.... To build crediblity????

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'm going to reply in both ways.

Not Sarcastic- I think Ring of Honor has proved that one long title reign goes further in building credibility then multiple short reigns does.

Sarcastic- Yeah, and then to really make Colt look like a credible champion and make the title more valuable, they're going to let Colt entirely redesign the belt just for himself once he wins it back.

blackout version 1
05-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Disappointment :L on another note how does someone not know who the briscose are ? :S

HCollins-TNA1
05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'm going to reply in both ways.

Not Sarcastic- I think Ring of Honor has proved that one long title reign goes further in building credibility then multiple short reigns does.

Sarcastic- Yeah, and then to really make Colt look like a credible champion and make the title more valuable, they're going to let Colt entirely redesign the belt just for himself once he wins it back.

Colt deserves the belt.... I do think he will get his rematch somehow someway??? And hopefully carry the belt through the rest of 2011!!!!

But anyway NWA website is promoting their annual card at the Ohio State Fair for July 31st...
The Sheik vs Adam Pearce for the NWA title, which that was before Pearce lost the title to Cabana they had that matched signed...

Murphdogg4
05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Colt who is talented lost to a guy doing the original sheiks gimmic? In a related note I think his first tittle defense will be against Dick the Bruiser.

HCollins-TNA1
05-15-2011, 01:01 PM
There was rematch this past Friday Night at a NWA Brew City card.... No word on who won or what happen????

jordan1995
05-15-2011, 03:59 PM
long live the nwa never will die

HCollins-TNA1
05-17-2011, 02:13 PM
From NWA facebook page

NWA Wrestling
The Sheik solidified his grip on the NWA World Heavyweight title this weekend at NWA Brew City Wrestling, beating back the challenge of former champ, Colt Cabana in their rematch!! Is there anyone who can stop the Middle Eastern Madman's path of destruction?

My question who can stop the Sheik???? Colt Cabana? Adam Pearce???? Chance Prophet???? Maestro????? or someone else?????

HCollins-TNA1
06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Seem like there were 2 NWA World title matches this weekend.... Will update if the title changed hand and what happen when I find out more!!

From NWA facebook page
Two unique challenges this weekend for the NWA World Heavyweight Champ! First, tomorrow, 6/17,The Sheik ventures to Quebec to take on an opponent every bit as crazed, Soa Amin! Should he emerge in one piece, he then must defend against former champ Raven at the Wizard World ComicCon in Philadelphia on Saturday!!!! A weekend of violence is almost guaranteed!!

Murphdogg4
06-21-2011, 04:40 AM
From NWA facebook page

NWA Wrestling
The Sheik solidified his grip on the NWA World Heavyweight title this weekend at NWA Brew City Wrestling, beating back the challenge of former champ, Colt Cabana in their rematch!! Is there anyone who can stop the Middle Eastern Madman's path of destruction?

My question who can stop the Sheik???? Colt Cabana? Adam Pearce???? Chance Prophet???? Maestro????? or someone else?????

Bobo Brazil, Dick the Bruiser, Wilbur Snyder, and Wahoo Mcdaniel I think all have a good chance to end his reign.

lol sorry I love the NWA but it's hard to take someone serious who has stolen the Sheiks gimmic.

HCollins-TNA1
06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Bobo Brazil, Dick the Bruiser, Wilbur Snyder, and Wahoo Mcdaniel I think all have a good chance to end his reign.

lol sorry I love the NWA but it's hard to take someone serious who has stolen the Sheiks gimmic.

Gimmicks are stolen, or repeatedly used from Sheiks to Russians, and etc... I have no bif deal with it....

HCollins-TNA1
07-07-2011, 04:44 PM
July 3 from NWA facebook page

NWA Wrestling
Earlier today, at Korakuen Hall in Japan, The Sheik defeated Zero-1 champion, Ryouiji Sai, to retain the NWA World title, the ONE TRUE WORLD title. Sai was the holder of the direct line of the AWA World title. Another "world" title has come and gone, and the Legendary Ten Pounds of Leather and Gold remains!!!! Congratulations to The Sheik! Once again, wrestling is spelled N-W-A!!!

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
i like the tag team division in nwa hollywood....anybody else watch nwa hollywood ?

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
i like the tag team division in nwa hollywood....anybody else watch nwa hollywood ?

-lives 20 mins close to Hollywood-

I was there when they went into the streets.

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
-lives 20 mins close to Hollywood-

I was there when they went into the streets.

as in the falls count anywere match last week ?

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 05:09 PM
as in the falls count anywere match last week ?

I don't watch the TV/internet show. I go to the actual taping events.

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:09 PM

aw do them events not go onto the internet show ?

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
aw do them events not go onto the internet show ?

They do but they do something to them. I just checked from their site that their main event was the second match that I saw. But anyways....the tag team match that went in the streets.....man....that was awesome! Traffic slowed down because of that awesomeness! After that....when we went in the building, we were all chanting "NWA! NWA! NWA!" lol

Bodom
07-07-2011, 05:16 PM

NWA Hollywood has an internet show?

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
They do but they do something to them. I just checked from their site that their main event was the second match that I saw. But anyways....the tag team match that went in the streets.....man....that was awesome! Traffic slowed down because of that awesomeness! After that....when we went in the building, we were all chanting "NWA! NWA! NWA!" lol

dude i wish they would put everything on thier internet show......what annoys me is that from the video it looks as if there are about 60 mabye less people at the event when surely there will be plenty real wrestling fans that could go support these shows and help the nwa grow again

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
http://nwahollywood.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=10

for bodom ...last weeks being better than this weeks that i posted ^

Bodom
07-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Much appreciated jordan

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Much appreciated jordan

the falls count anywere match from last week was awsome aswell as terex standing backflip

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM

Well...yes and no.....they do the tapings for TV but the same show goes on their front page.

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 05:35 PM
dude i wish they would put everything on thier internet show......what annoys me is that from the video it looks as if there are about 60 mabye less people at the event when surely there will be plenty real wrestling fans that could go support these shows and help the nwa grow again

The only thing I hate about going there is the kids.

Plus side.....I meet and talk to Colt Cabana!

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Well...yes and no.....they do the tapings for TV but the same show goes on their front page.

dude when they started fighting and throwing each other into the moving car .....and the traffic cones was reeely awsome

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
dude when they started fighting and throwing each other into the moving car .....and the traffic cones was reeely awsome

Yup! That was awesome! :D

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
The only thing I hate about going there is the kids.

Plus side.....I meet and talk to Colt Cabana!

yeah the kids screaming and having no clue and thinking the wrestlers want to kill each other are annoying...and boom boom

HCollins-TNA1
07-11-2011, 11:06 PM
From NWA facebook page....
CHARLOTTE, NC: The NWA has been informed that The Sheik has pulled out of his scheduled title defense on July 31st at the Ohio St. Fair against 3-time champion Adam Pearce. It is not clear at this time as to the reasons behind The Sheik's refusal to go through with this bout. The NWA first received an inkling of the issue when it was noted that the long-awaited showdown was no longer on The Sheik's calendar. When contacted, The Sheik's camp confirmed that he would not be appearing for the eagerly-anticipated battle.

Faced with this refusal, the NWA Board of Directors held an emergency teleconference, with the result being that The Sheik has been stripped of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, effective immediately. "This is not something the NWA does lightly", said Executive Director, Robert K. Trobich. "We prefer that the title be settled in the ring".

The vacant title will be filled by the new main event for the July 31st show: A three-way match between the man who was promised the shot, 3-Time Champ, Scrap Iron Adam Pearce, and the holders of the two other most prestigious belts in the NWA, National Champion, Chance Prophet, and North American Champion, Shaun Tempers!

HCollins-TNA1
07-11-2011, 11:08 PM
with this said... WOW.... Ohio State fair card has gotten interesting... Myself would like to see Chance since he is from Huntington WV... But having a feeling Scrap Iron will take the belt back to Hollywood!!!

SilverGhost
07-13-2011, 11:48 PM
I checked this out in puroresuspirit.com

The Shiek now holds the Zero1 Heavyweight title and the NWA World Heavyweight title.

This guy.....I haven't heard of him.

HCollins-TNA1
07-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I checked this out in puroresuspirit.com

The Shiek now holds the Zero1 Heavyweight title and the NWA World Heavyweight title.

This guy.....I haven't heard of him.

Not anymore due that he was stripped of the belt....

Also he made one lone appearance on like the 3rd episode of NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.. I think the 3rd or 4th show...

HCollins-TNA1
07-14-2011, 11:31 PM
The annual NWA Ohio State Fair look awesome from the posters I see.....
The Triple Threat World Title match
North American tag titles....
OVW
OAW
and several other indys that working with the NWA..... might just head up to Ohio for this???? going have to see what I can do...

RagingBallsFTW
07-17-2011, 01:16 AM

In my area(Southern Cal), the shows are aired in a local TV channel late night atleast on Saturdays at 11pm(in fact it's on right now lol). You can also watch them online I believe but not sure.

HCollins-TNA1
08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Kinda no surprise Pearce got the 10- pounds of gold back... or Charlotte as he calls the belt...

Just wonder who in the NWA would he drop the belt in his suppose final and 4th run as champ????

Colt Cobana he is getting a shot this weekend at the NWA Legends Fest.. but doubt he will win..
Chance Prophet, what hadn't I said about him that I like.. He from WV, he got the character, he has held many regional and national titles..
Shaun Tempers don't know much about him, but he has the background as well...
Also falling in the list Jimmy Rave, Damien Wayne all great as well.. but who knows??
Joey Ryan.. was impressive since day one I seen him on Wrestling Society X and still is in Hollywood...
Stro the Maestro... he got the family background as his great uncle is Georgous George and one of my fav Indy wrestlers as he wrestles in WV..

jordan1995
08-06-2011, 09:07 AM
The annual NWA Ohio State Fair look awesome from the posters I see.....
The Triple Threat World Title match
North American tag titles....
OVW
OAW
and several other indys that working with the NWA..... might just head up to Ohio for this???? going have to see what I can do...

will this be on the internet ..streamed ?

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 05:12 PM
will this be on the internet ..streamed ?

I don't think so.... Sad, though I have found several videos on youtube of the match and such....

jordan1995
08-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't think so.... Sad, though I have found several videos on youtube of the match and such....

can u post the links please

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
can u post the links please

Heres some highlights of the match...

http://youtu.be/NHlm9wrEz70

jordan1995
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
cheers bro

timb69
08-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Got my first look at Adam Pearce at the NWA Legends show in Carrolton GA a few weekends ago. He took on Gunner from TNA. I like Scrap Iron, nice guy and can really work the crowd.

HCollins-TNA1
09-10-2011, 11:52 PM
October 7th Stro vs Adam Pearce for the NWA title.....

HCollins-TNA1
09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
STRO for the Gold 2..... Also planning on attending....
NWA-MSW TV Taping event
http://www.nwamountainstatewrestling.com/
Friday October 7th
201 Morrison Drive
Rec. Center
Princeton, WV
7:30pm Showtime

Featuring:

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
"Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce (champion)
vs.
NWA-MSW TV Champion
Stro "The Maestro of Wrestling"

NWA Mountain State Heavyweight Championship
Johnny Blast (champion)
vs.
Ricky Shane

Special Challenge Match
Nick Dinsmore (Former WWE star Eugene)
vs.
Lance Erikson

Plus: Bad Karma, Billy Lit, Boris Dragoff, Bob Brown, Scott Raines, Diablo Jr., Patriot, Iron Bear, and more

jordan1995
09-30-2011, 01:47 AM
even better news.....colt cabana is returning to nwa hollywood for the october the 9th show

jordan1995
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
watch episode 54 of nwa hollywood it was really good this week :) http://nwahollywood.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=10

HCollins-TNA1
02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
The next NWA Ring Warriors card will be in Fort Lauderdale at the National Guard Armory on Thursday, March 29 at 7:30 p.m. Titled “Battle of the Belts,” the event will kick off South Florida’s WrestleMania weekend which includes shows and events from Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate and WrestleReunion.

The Main Event will feature NWA World Heavyweight Champion “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce taking on a challenger from Ring of Honor who will be hand picked by legendary NWA manager and current ROH producer James E. Cornette. Cornette will be in attendance for the show.

My

HCollins-TNA1
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
The next NWA Ring Warriors card will be in Fort Lauderdale at the National Guard Armory on Thursday, March 29 at 7:30 p.m. Titled “Battle of the Belts,” the event will kick off South Florida’s WrestleMania weekend which includes shows and events from Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate and WrestleReunion.

The Main Event will feature NWA World Heavyweight Champion “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce taking on a challenger from Ring of Honor who will be hand picked by legendary NWA manager and current ROH producer James E. Cornette. Cornette will be in attendance for the show.

My

My thoughts on this could be one of Pearce's toughest challenges depending who Cornette picks??? From Davey Richards, Jay Lethal, Eddie Edwards, and many others..... Pearce might have what it takes to hold the belt for a good year in my opinion but if someone does come along could lose it any given night or defense.....

jordan1995
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM
My thoughts on this could be one of Pearce's toughest challenges depending who Cornette picks??? From Davey Richards, Jay Lethal, Eddie Edwards, and many others..... Pearce might have what it takes to hold the belt for a good year in my opinion but if someone does come along could lose it any given night or defense.....

With pearce workin for ROH in the past he knows the roster quite well and i think he will pick who he wants to face I think him and cornette will pick tomasso ciampa or Michael Elgin as i dont think pearce could really go with Richards and these 2 suit his style more.

HCollins-TNA1
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM
With pearce workin for ROH in the past he knows the roster quite well and i think he will pick who he wants to face I think him and cornette will pick tomasso ciampa or Michael Elgin as i dont think pearce could really go with Richards and these 2 suit his style more.
Most likely it will be some mid-carder.... I'm thinking Jay Lethal, maybe El Gernico??

jordan1995
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Most likely it will be some mid-carder.... I'm thinking Jay Lethal, maybe El Gernico??

yeah most likely a mid-carder but I cant see it being a face vs face match for some reason

HCollins-TNA1
02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
yeah most likely a mid-carder but I cant see it being a face vs face match for some reason
I think it really depending what Pearce will play???? Face or heel, a greater majority of his Title defenses outside of NWA Hollywood has been the heel.... Anyhow, I think it could end up in time limit draw whom-ever he does face off against??

jordan1995
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I think it really depending what Pearce will play???? Face or heel, a greater majority of his Title defenses outside of NWA Hollywood has been the heel.... Anyhow, I think it could end up in time limit draw whom-ever he does face off against??

yeah , there would be nothing in it for them if they sent a guy there and they got beaten cleanly , i agree most likely a draw,

HCollins-TNA1
02-14-2012, 12:29 AM
yeah , there would be nothing in it for them if they sent a guy there and they got beaten cleanly , i agree most likely a draw,
Actually just thinking would like to see Roderick Strong, he would play the hometown favorite..... End up going the distance with Pearce will also put him over....

jordan1995
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Actually just thinking would like to see Roderick Strong, he would play the hometown favorite..... End up going the distance with Pearce will also put him over....

Seems like a great call
either him or ciampa