PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 28 Match challenge

dmt4life
04-20-2011, 10:40 PM
hello and welcome

I decided to make this post to see matches people would set up for Wrestlemania 28, and possibly what type of build ups they might employ to encourage fan interest.

to keep this close to the realm of realism with match making I will set a few guide lines to try to follow
1. Must use Active Wrestlers/Entertainers
2. Attempt to keep the match totals between 8-12, standard numbers for most wrestlemania's
3. Titles used are optional, WWE Heavyweight and World Heavyweight must be defended though
4. Only a maximum of 2 Wrestlers not currently employed by the WWE can be use, a tag team counts as 1, but only if used in a tag team match
5. current Tough Enough/NXT/FCW wrestlers count as Active Wrestlers/Entertainers
6. Semi Retired Wrestlers are allowed, but keep this within the bounds of Credibility

I believe that gives everyone plenty of flexability to be creative, hope you have fun building your Wrestlemania, this is what mine would look like in order from start to finish, including build up

Tag Team Title Match
Deciples of Anarchy {Brodus Clay/Husky Harris} vs Daniel Bryant/Evan Bourne
with Husky working a Mad Max style persona right now in FCW, I'd put Brodus with him and have both start a new age Demolition/Legion of Doom tag team and have them start destroying everything, and around Royal Rumble, have both Bourne and Bryant destroyed, forming a bond and desire to seek revenge against the New DoA
winner: Bryant/Bourne

Career vs Mask
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara
Sin Cara spends the rest of the year adjusting to the WWE showing improvement each and every week, but as the year comes to an end, everyone keeps talking about him in Mysterio's shadow, this enrages Sin Cara and he starts to take his shots at Mysterio, with matches at Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber that solve nothing, Sin Cara demanding Mysterio put his career on the line, Mysterio agree's only if Sin Cara puts his mask on the line
winner: Sin Cara.....Mysterio calls it a career and lets Cara lead the new age of Lucha Wrestlers

Diva's Championship
Awesome Kong/Kharma vs Beth Phoenix
not a ton of build up really, some run in's and a few suprise attacks leading to squashes before having these two dominate females face each other at Wrestlemania, just having them both headline the diva's division at a WM would go a long ways to returning credibility to the Diva's division
winner: Awesome Kong/Kharma

Money in the Bank
CM Punk vs John Morrison vs R-Truth vs Cody Rhodes vs Wade Barrett vs Kane
your standard Money in the Bank match back at Wrestlemania, 3 wrestlers from each brand this time instead of two seperate matches
winner: Cody Rhodes....after spending a year building Cody up, WWE decides to see what he can do in the main event world

Intercontinental Championship
Shemus vs Dolph Ziggler
somewhere along the way, Dolph grows a brain, dumps Vicky for good and turns face, Shemus brings a wealth of prestige back to the IC title by going on a year long vice like Title reign, Dolph completely builds himself as the man who will finally end the tyranical rule of Shemus as IC Champion
winner: Dolph Ziggler

Randy Orton vs Diamond Dallas Page
Legend vs Legend Killer, both use a brash, anti authoritarian persona, both cut wicked promo's, both use the exact same finisher, this is built as DDP taking one last run at stardom, and he decides Orton is the man that he will use to reach the top again, claiming Orton is nothing but a cheap copy of DDP, hatred ensues, many RKO's and Diamond Cutters are used to build up this dream match
winner: Randy Orton

US Title Match
Drew MacIntyre vs Kofi Kingston
both are still trying to break out of midcard hell and its still a good bet one or both of these guys will be trying to break through to the upper tier still, feud is given a good build up as the WWE recognizes the efforts both these men put in even though they cant seem to reach the top
winner: Drew MacIntyre

World Heavyweight Title
The Miz vs Christian vs Alberto Del Rio
somewhere during the latter part of the year The Miz is traded to Smackdown and quickly becomes champion finally breaking up the Christian/ Del Rio feud that manages to last past Summerslam, Christian wins Royal Rumble, but is constantly attacked by Del Rio who claims his destiny this year is to win at Wrestlemania, even if it means injuring Christain to the point he cant compete, this leads to Christian and Del Rio facing each other at Elimination Chamber for the #1 contendership, which ends in a no contest thanks to The Miz taking both out, trying to eliminate anyone who might want to challenge him, which leads the SD GM to make it a triple threat match
winner: Alberto Del Rio

The Streak
The Undertaker vs Sting
the interest is there, the fans want it, Sting has even said if the time and offer was right, he would seriously consider it, how much do you want a bet, his current TNA contract is 1 year or 6 months, bring him in to be the 20th opponent to lose at Wrestlemania, but have the feud continue afterwards and give Sting a victory against Taker at the next PPV before letting both head their own way, maybe Sting goes back to TNA and Taker retires
winner: Undertaker. DUH

Main Event WWE Heavyweight Title
The Rock vs John Cena
since this match is already set in stone, I'll just say, Cena starts embracing a more heelish persona after Rumble
winner: John Cena

thejman93
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
We had thread where people posted their WM28 cards but I can't find it. Can somebody help me out?

Leggo
04-21-2011, 02:05 PM
We had thread where people posted their WM28 cards but I can't find it. Can somebody help me out?

wrestling time machines? on page 2 or 3?....

thejman93
04-21-2011, 02:11 PM
wrestling time machines? on page 2 or 3?....

Nice job Leggo!

Here's the thread: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?5668-Predict-your-Early-Wrestlemania-28-card

And here's a slitghtly edited version of my card:

The Rock vs. John Cena
Undertaker vs. Sting/HHH (The more I hear Stinger talk the more I think this is the year but I could be wrong.)
Career vs. Mask: Rey Mysterio (career) vs. Sin Cara (mask)
(^ are all face vs. face but obviously Cena and Rey will get booed by a WrestleMania crowd)
Wold Heavyweight Championship: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Skip Shefield (Skip is getting a huge push when he comes back)
WWE Championship: The Miz (c) vs. John Morrison (Miz will lose the title sometime soon-ish but will get it back at the Rumble; Morrison wins the Rumble.)
Tag Team Championship: Silverdust (Cody Rhodes) and Goldust w. Dusty (c) vs. Ted and Brett Dibiase w. Ted Sr. vs. Slater and Gabriel
Money in the Bank: Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Tyler Black, Kane, Kaval (yes, Kaval) Derick Bateman, Evan Bourne Tyson Kidd, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Big Show and Jon Moxley
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio
Celeb match
United States Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. Chris Masters (Masters will get a decent push this year; Sheamus will be in the US Title picture for most of the year.)
Intercontinental Championship: Drew Mcentyire vs. Jack Swagger
Gauntlet match for the Diva's Championship: Awesome Kong/Kharma vs. the field
A proper last match for Edge: Edge vs. Christian