PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you were surprised?

mikenigma
09-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Hey everyone. Living in the world of spoilers and dirt sheets of today, things are rarely surprising in the great sport of professional wrestling. So when was the last time you were genuinely surprised and marked out?

For me, I think it was when CM Punk cashed in MITB on Edge. It was the night after Edge beat Batista for the Championship, and Batista had just left Edge laid out in the center of the ring. CM Punk's music hit and I marked out hard!

SilverGhost
09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
When Brock Lesnar and Big Show destroyed the ring xD

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-22-2010, 02:43 AM
When Chris Benoit won the big belt from Triple H. I was caught way off guard by that.

Kashdinero
09-22-2010, 02:53 AM
When Cena returned at the 2008 royal rumble. Surprised but not pleasantly... Sorry to all you chain gang members (if there are any left) but I stopped rooting for him the moment he left smackdown back in 2005 and had to perform on live t.v!

Northernwolf
09-22-2010, 04:36 AM
It's not the most shocking thing ever but I would have to say when Nexus invaded Raw for the first time

It was pretty surprising to see a bunch of nobodys take down the whole show and the top star in one swoop.

Razorblade
09-22-2010, 04:47 AM
The last surprising moment i remember was when Chris Jericho made his comeback ... even his haircut surprised me :D

jethro
09-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Eddie won WWE title by defeating Lesnar in 2004 considering Lesnar were indestructable back then

shanethewolf
09-22-2010, 05:21 AM
It's not the most shocking thing ever but I would have to say when Nexus invaded Raw for the first time

It was pretty surprising to see a bunch of nobodys take down the whole show and the top star in one swoop.

Same for me. It was completely unpredictable and so well executed. I knew WWE would drop the ball in later shows, but that particular moment was one of the biggest surprises for me for a very long time.

Johnny Sasaki
09-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Nobody else was surprised when Daniel Bryan returned at SumerSlam?

AndyWonder
09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Daniel Bryan's return was my last surprise.

jhorton1215
09-22-2010, 09:10 AM

I knew it was coming so it wasn't a surprise.

Daniel Bryan
09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
for me it was the nexus invading but when jericho came back that really shocked me

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Lance Storm invading Raw from WCW. That was the start of the 'Invasion.' I didnt have a clue an invasion was coming, or what would follow. I was genuinely suprised by Lance Storm, that night!

Just recently, too - Night of Champions. Considering Kane laid Taker to waste on smackdown, I figured that wou;d be his last action as champion. I was genuinely suprised at Kane winning.. maybe I shouldnt have been

KSTornado
09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Honestly, it was when the NWO invaded WCW especially since I never tried to behind the scene news online during that time.

jcagosto
09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Probably when Stonce Cold joined The Invasion.

wallyman
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
kurt angle debuted on tna...my god i ws watchin and i was like OMG...ITS ANGLE AND HE HEADBUTT JOE and they had a epic match ^^

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Probably when Stonce Cold joined The Invasion.

Good call. That was a sick PPV, I dont care what anyone says. Kidman/X-Pac is still one of my favourite matches :)

eyehatecena
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
A few things stand out to me, NWO angle with Hogan turning heal, never liked Hogan much, but it was refreashing to see him not as a face anymore. Danielson reurning to WWE did not suprsie me that much because even Cena spoke out againts how stupid it was he was let go. The Nexus angle- that really did suprise me when they attacked that first night.
Angle debuting in TNA, Nigel debuting in TNA- both caught me off guard.
Rick Rude debuting in WCW at the same time a taped episode of Raw was being broadcast- that was a big suprise. Thats something you would never see today.

DirtySteal
09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Last time I was happily surprised was when we first saw Nexus rip shit up and pound down Cena. I didnt see that coming and it was so refreshing to see somthing new. That took be by surprise.

I can't really remember my biggest mark as a child, probably when The Rock returned to save Eugeine (Back when I didnt read spoilers, so I was totally taken by surprise) or when Taker threw Rikishi off the Cell, that was cool.

OR

When Edge cashed in the Money in the Bank against Cena after the Elimination Chamber, I had actually forgotten Edge could cash in the briefcase by then it took so long for him to pick his spot. I was slightly gutted when he did though, I think that was when Edge was my fave character, He looked like he had it all and looked so cool Lita in one hand and a shiney briefcase of power in the other.

Wrave
09-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Check this weeks SD Spoilers.

the_viper
09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
check this weeks sd spoilers.

i totally agree with that!

Wrave
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I will actually tune in this week just to see him return.

shanethewolf
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Not so much because I knew WWE would screw up his return and they did just as I predicted...actually, they messed it up worse than I could ever have predicted.

Ruggy
09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I haven't been suprised since 2001 when WWE brought WCW..... Worst thing in the world EVER!!!!!

shotque
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Im surprised no one has mentioned this already but I would have to say the biggest surprise for me in the whole time I have been watching wrestling was when....

The Undertaker threw Mankind off the top of the cell in their Hell in a Cell match at King of the Ring 1998

When that occurred it was the first time I asked myself.... "Is this for real?" I couldnt believe it. How could you pretend or fake been thrown off the top of that huge construct...

Mick Foley has balls of steel.

tantrum
09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
For me there have been a lot of surprises through the years I've been watching wrestling, but the greatest probably for me took place over a few months, it started with Kevin Nash walking onto the WCW set, followed shortly by Scott Hall, kept me riveted to the TV every week wondering what these two would do next, and it all culminated in Hogan turning heel at Bash at the Beach, total shocker and the begining of a great angle!

CDave3
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I was surprised last this morning when i woke up Because i thought i had milk in the house and i didnt lol..

What really surprised me was when Daniel Bryan Returned

shotque
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Present day wrestling surprises never seem to compare to surprises of the past.

Gone are the days when wrestling actually looked and felt real.

merhardt03
09-22-2010, 08:46 PM
even tho its a spoiler for friday this week, Paul Bearer returning with the urn n undertaker kneeling:cool:

Logan
09-22-2010, 08:47 PM
When Ole Anderson turned on Dusty Rhodes back in 1980- Georgia Championship Wrestling. YouTube - The Big Turn of 1980 http://bit.ly/cIu1T3

cajl616
09-22-2010, 09:29 PM
i totally agree with that!
I agree to but last time I was suprised was wen nexus first attacked and the danny b return

jcagosto
09-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Another shocker was when Jericho won the Undisputed Championship beating The Rock and Stone Cold the same night.

MattElder
09-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Last suprise was nexus........
My most memroble suprise was when big show came through the ring during the cage match between vince and stone cold

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
last time i was shocked was when nexus 1st invaded was a real wtf moment and i no i already no whats going to happen on smackdown but i will be shocked and be shouting OH YES OH YES OH YES

Verdammung
09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I've been surprised a few times in recent WWE history, though to the point I was shocked, maybe not.

I didn't think Orton would win at Night of Champions, but it doesn't shock me.

The Daniel Bryan return was not surprising at all, as a matter of fact I predicted it.

The Nexus invasion I suppose was the last time I was surprised and shocked, but of course it's been ruined by now.

Jack Swagger & Kane winning the MitB Contract was surprising, but not really shocking. I guess I'd gotten so used to seeing them jobbing that I couldn't have predicted the 180 degree turn in their careers.

Edge winning the Royal Rumble wasn't shocking, as once again I predicted it.

Sheamus winning the WWE Championship was a surprising and shocking moment, as I would have predicted that there was no way in hell the WWE would have given the top title to someone so undeserving, but there you have it.

I could go on, but I suppose that's all I really wanted to state.

dre-dray
09-23-2010, 01:38 PM
This is a very good question. I'm sorry to say that I haven't been surprised in a very long time. Just shows how predictable WWE are these days.

But to answer your question.

Probably when Sheamus beat Cena in a Tables match.

And when Taker returned at Summerslam.. Even though I read the results.. I still got pretty excited xD

And I will mark out pretty hard when Drew McIntrye wins the WWE title.

SgtGohan
09-23-2010, 01:54 PM
my last surprise was, punk at commentary on nxt didnt expect that but it was awesome

ratedy2jayz
09-23-2010, 05:00 PM
The last time i was shocked was when i read the smackdown spoilers yesterday. That was a wtf moment. One of my favorite moments was when cm punk cashed in on edge to win the title.

stone cold bruiser brody
10-30-2012, 05:11 AM
HIAC last Sunday night when the ref peeled Rybacks potatoes. That was cool.

Steve Austin
10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
WWE have done a lot of surprising things recently. Team Foley v Team Punk the most recent.

It's harder to think of the last time I wasn't surprised by WWE. Probably Capitol Punishment PPV, I think a lot of people predicted all those results correctly.

AshleyPunk
10-30-2012, 01:09 PM
I have to say HIAC

Karsten Langenfeld
11-18-2012, 01:49 PM
REALLY surprised? Well. When Paul Bearer betrayed the Undertaker for the first time at the end of the boiler room brawl. I was in shock.

magglis
11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Before i buy my laptop ;)