PDA

View Full Version : MMA Fighters & Pro Wrestlers

kenjinator
04-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Which mixed martial artists could you see make the transition from MMA to Pro Wrestling or vice versa? We've seen UFC fighters like Tank Abbott, Ken Shamrock & Dan Severn make the transition to pro wrestling and WWE wrestlers Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley and Sean O' Haire try their game in the MMA world.

So which current Pro Wrestlers or UFC fighters do you see making the jump to the other sport & organisation???? :o

monctonvike
04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Tito Ortiz, he has like 1 or two fights left dana white hates him but he is in great shape and can handle the mic he is well known would make a great heel and hell it would be fun to see jenna jameson out there with him

Also lesnar will come back for cash someday i feel

There isn't too many wrestler/superstars I think could go to mma today Angle for sure before he got old with neck problems, finlay and regal could have done it if they were younger bother started in the circus very young so they know how to hook ppl. Maybe samoa joe

Lowki
04-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyone can jump from UFC to wrestling. Most of the heavyweight division would do well in WWE
Velasquez, lesnar, Mir, GSP, Koscheck, Chuck Liddel, Tito - all have the right work ethic and (besides GSP and velasquez) they all have the arrogance and ability to trash talk. They could all be marketable characters easily.

Kozlov (2005 USA Open Heavyweight Sambo Champion and a United States Kick-Boxing Association (USKBA) International Heavyweight Grappling Champion)
Angle (his advancing years would make it hard)
Del Rio (MMA fighter - 14 fights/9 wins(7 by submission)/5 losses)
Jack Swagger (All american wrestler)
Wade Barrett (Definitely tough enough for it. Some past boxing experience and i'm sure he could learn some defence against grapples)
The Pope (Background in boxing)
Samoa Joe (Judo background)
Santino (Judo background)

Not saying they would get far really but they all have the right skills and backgrounds for MMA.

Rich Cranium
04-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Anyone can jump from UFC to wrestling.

Yeah right! These are 2 different worlds dude! I think they could do a special event but not a full time deal.

hankamania83
04-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I think Frank Mir would be alright, I think he is a big jerk and he could make a good heel.

Kimbos got the look

Rashad Evans got a mouth on him but Rampage would be awesome in Wwe

Robstar
04-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Tito would be most suited. Rampage, Mir I doubt could take the demands and schedule of pro wrestling. In mma, training is the hard work; in wrestling it's the travel and demands on your time. Are these guys suited to being told what to do? I say no

Automatic
04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I would like to see Overeem give it a try:D.