PDA

View Full Version : Champs or no champs without two heavyweight titles?

AndyWonder
09-21-2010, 09:02 PM
What I mean by this is......use the timeline from when WWE champion Brock Lesnar went to SMACKDOWN and the World Heavyweight championship had to be created for RAW to the present day with Sheamus as WWE champ and Kane as World Heavyweight champ. Remember the superstars who held each title during those years. Let's assume that the extra heavyweight title was never created and the WWE championship was the lone title during the brand extension....who would have still won that championship? Could JBL have held the WWE title if Triple H, Randy Orton, or Chris Jericho could cross over from RAW and challenge for it in 2004? What about others who won WWE title; John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, Rob Van Dam, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Jeff Hardy, Batista, even current WWE champion Sheamus? Would they have won WWE title if the main event stars from the other brand could cross over for title challenges? I still think Orton, Cena, Triple H, Edge, Big Show, Batista, and Kurt Angle would have. What about the World Heavyweight title? If that title was never created, could Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, King Booker, The Great Khali, Kane, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Jack Swagger, Chris Jericho, even Batista or the Undertaker have won the WWE championship if it was the lone heavyweight title? THOUGHTS?!

SilverGhost
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I would say that some of the former champs now wouldn't be champs if there weren't two titles. The only thing I can think of is that there would be alot of fatal 4 ways or so for the championship matches if it was just one title.

ch.brooks24
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Khali, Swagger, Mysterio, Eddie, King Booker and CM Punk for sure aren't former World Champs if 2 titles never existed. Hardy and RVD Im kinda back and forth on. Those guys were so popular that they would've gotten a shot eventually, but even with 2 titles it took a lot to get them a title run so... idk. I think Benoit would've still won it at WrestleMania XX. Unfortunately I dont think Eddie ever gets a run with the title. He wasn't as super over as RVD and Hardy and I dont think he ever gets his shot. Kane's current title run absolutely never happens with just 1 title. I dont think Punk ever gets a shot either. Orton, Cena and Batista for sure are Champs. Edge to a lesser extent. Geez I could go on and on. Great quesion

Nexus4Life
09-23-2010, 06:08 AM
It justa would've been the same guys gettin title shot's all the time if wwe had only the wwe title over the past few years, guys like Booker T, Edge, Swagger, Eddie wouldn't have gotten title shots. As for MITB well that give certain guys a chance, Edge (x2), C.M Punk (x2), R.V.D, Swagger won thanks to that so if WWE goes back into a single title, MITB will even be more important than it already is!

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
the only annoying thing about two titles is that you have guys that have held i so many times now it has made the world titles mean less now. i mean like when austin and the rock and kurt etc held it there title reigns had meaning and the rock being a 7 time champ was great but guys that have held it nowa days like cena and orton and hhh over and over its annoying