PDA

View Full Version : Question thread #120215132

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Why is it that when I post on different threads on this site, it doesn't add on to my post score? By now, I'd literally have like 2000 posts

Rich Cranium
04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Some areas like the off topic one don't add to your post count.

Leggo
04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Why is it that when I post on different threads on this site, it doesn't add on to my post score? By now, I'd literally have like 2000 posts

I've thought this too mate. I made two posts yesterday and my total didn't move up... Weird huh!

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM

they should though!

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I've thought this too mate. I made two posts yesterday and my total didn't move up... Weird huh!

more like it pisses me off i'm busting my ass to move up in here and break the Top 10 list

Bodom
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Post's in the off-topic, site news and suggestions, and the NOC section do not add to your post count.

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Post's in the off-topic, site news and suggestions, and the NOC section do not add to your post count.

that sucks though

Bodom
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
that sucks though

There are 17 other sections you can post in! SEVENTEEN!

Are you really going to make an issue over not being able to post in 3 of the 20 sections that we have?

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
There are 17 other sections you can post in! SEVENTEEN!

Are you really going to make an issue over not being able to post in 3 of the 20 sections that we have?

ehn i just wanted to know why thats all we dont have to turn this into a debate

Rich Cranium
04-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Are you a parrot? jk, you are just elaborating!

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Are you a parrot? jk, you are just elaborating!

maybe both?

Rich Cranium
04-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Every time I read the thread title, it reminds me of one of those prison shows with the long number.

markedout4life
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
more like it pisses me off i'm busting my ass to move up in here and break the top 10 list

busting your fingers.... Maybe? Well nonetheless i think that you just need to take a downer and chill. Oh im not on thentop ten, boo fricken hoo(gives a sh*t)

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 01:45 PM
busting your fingers.... Maybe? Well nonetheless i think that you just need to take a downer and chill. Oh im not on thentop ten, boo fricken hoo(gives a sh*t)

wow seriously a newbie's gonna tell me to chill out? please!

markedout4life
04-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Listen kev.... Im not exactly new to wrestling. And for you to try and insult me by saying that i dont spend every waking moment on the internet is interesting at best. Beside all of those valid points, you are a tool if you think that your status on a smark site is going to affect or help you in anyway outside of the off chance that some one recognizes your smarmy attitude or lackluster vernacular.

Signed, you favorite noob

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Listen kev.... Im not exactly new to wrestling. And for you to try and insult me by saying that i dont spend every waking moment on the internet is interesting at best. Beside all of those valid points, you are a tool if you think that your status on a smark site is going to affect or help you in anyway outside of the off chance that some one recognizes your smarmy attitude or lackluster vernacular.

Signed, you favorite noob

I don't spend every waking hour on this site here either? I've posted 1500+ times since August of last year! So in 8 months people have posted 4 times more than me, so you coming on here and insulting me on the net is very flattering, and calling me a tool is nothing new so *yawn* move on cuz seriously I don't care about your insults here!

Rich Cranium
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
<------ Is a postwhore and proud of it! *Stands and takes a bow*

markedout4life
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Well played, unfortunately i have enough will power to piss you off or possibly even make you cry. The battle shall continue from now until all of eternity, sorry! On a side note: Tool was my best chance of not being vulgar. And if you think that vulgarities are the only thing that can be construed as isults, then you, my aquiantanc,e are a imcompetent neanderthal. (yes i know im well spoken...er typed)

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Those who have been here since the first few months are basically postwhores :P

WWTNA Mark
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm a postwhore but even I really would't take the post score seriously.

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm a postwhore but even I really would't take the post score seriously.

meh i think i'll work harder i guess

WWTNA Mark
04-14-2011, 03:49 PM
wow seriously a newbie's gonna tell me to chill out? please!

Just because he is new doesn't mean he can't tell you off.

Rich Cranium
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Just because he is new doesn't mean he can't tell you off.

Forum rule # 334343434: Fresh Member's are not permitted freedom of speech

WWTNA Mark
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Forum rule # 334343434: Fresh Member's are not permitted freedom of speech

lmfao Good one Richy! Then I broke that rule since day 1 if thats the case! :P

THEKEVINBRAND
04-14-2011, 06:30 PM
lmfao Good one Richy! Then I broke that rule since day 1 if thats the case! :P

yeah but we learned from our mistakes, noobs shouldn't come in here and claim superiority

xAzureSkye
04-15-2011, 12:25 PM

*slow claps*

IrkenInvader
03-06-2012, 08:28 PM
*slow claps*

*slowly increases speed of clapping*

Robstar
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
We are going to make the e feds and The Tea Spot not count towards the postcounts. (Rob waits for heads to explode) ;)

Bodom
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
We are going to make the e feds and The Tea Spot not count towards the postcounts. (Rob waits for heads to explode) ;)

I thought we all agreed to eliminate post counts altogether?

Tomsta666
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM

You should do that! :cool:

That would separate the postwhores from the people who post there for shits and giggles!

Tomsta666
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
I thought we all agreed to eliminate post counts altogether?

Even better idea!! :D

B-MCINTYRE
03-06-2012, 08:55 PM
You should do that! :cool:

That would separate the postwhores from the people who post there for shits and giggles!

Then I wouldn't look so bad...

Giddy
03-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Really?
10 characters sir

B-MCINTYRE
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Really?
10 characters sir

*Giddy's head explodes!*
Billy Laughs!

:)

Giddy
03-06-2012, 09:10 PM
*Giddy's head explodes!*
Billy Laughs!

:)
http://msti.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/scanners-headexplode.jpg

Sully
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Lol, I'm pretty sure at least a quarter of my posts come from the e-Fed section, if not more then a quarter. I think 75% of my posts are from that section, and nearly all in the HWA thread too.

I actually don't think it's a bad idea though.

Broc
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I personally wouldn't even mind if we took away those posts.... maybe Sully would stop calling me a whore if he couldn't see how many posts I actually had.

Robstar
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
The original intention was to only count posts that involved actual talk about wrestling, but that proved to be a logistical nightmare for Frank, then I suggested the removal of postcounts altogether but then we anticipated all the whiny emails and thread getting made, so we're just going to do those sections I mentioned, plus the "other sports" sections, movies & music. If you post in the top section, your posts will continue to go up and up but not anywhere else.

I just think we're waiting for Frank to get around to it, but we're expecting it in the next day or so.

Sully
03-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I personally wouldn't even mind if we took away those posts.... maybe Sully would stop calling me a whore if he couldn't see how many posts I actually had.

Would the post count actually be taken away, or would it just no longer count anymore in those sections?

The original intention was to only count posts that involved actual talk about wrestling, but that proved to be a logistical nightmare for Frank, then I suggested the removal of postcounts altogether but then we anticipated all the whiny emails and thread getting made, so we're just going to do those sections I mentioned, plus the "other sports" sections, movies & music. If you post in the top section, your posts will continue to go up and up but not anywhere else.

I just think we're waiting for Frank to get around to it, but we're expecting it in the next day or so.

I'm actually not sure if I like it being expanded past the e-Fed and Tea Spot sections. I mean it is a wrestling forum, but those are sections do generate a lot of good quality, post count worthy posts. I guess it's not my call, but I think it'd be better to keep those non spam, and simply stricken the tolerance of what is considered spam or not.

TheDevilsAdvocate
03-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Ugh... So I have to talk to myself in the top sections? Nobody really responds to me. Last year I would have been up for it because people actually acknowledged everyone's comments. Now it's just repeat, post thread, ignore everybody, embrace your own gain. However, the sections you are taking that right away from I actually have people who acknowledge me, and I ACTUALLY get to move up ranks instead of being classified as a "God" for the rest of my life here. Lol.

It's whatever.

bearkg88
03-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Ugh... So I have to talk to myself in the top sections? Nobody really responds to me. Last year I would have been up for it because people actually acknowledged everyone's comments. Now it's just repeat, post thread, ignore everybody, embrace your own gain. However, the sections you are taking that right away from I actually have people who acknowledge me, and I ACTUALLY get to move up ranks instead of being classified as a "God" for the rest of my life here. Lol.

It's whatever.

At TDA, broheim I will always chat with ya in the top sections. But i can see your point

SilverGhost
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM

It's whatever.

You are a sad person :( I talk to ya dude!

TheDevilsAdvocate
03-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Oh~ You two are awesome. I have talked to you two recently on different occasions. Don't get me wrong.. I can see the positives here with getting rid of post counts, but the non-wrestling sections with the combination of the post count factor has gained a lot of this forums attraction. It gives people a goal to reach. If this plan goes through then there better be a damn thumbs up option, so members can have something to be proud of. Rofl

SilverGhost
03-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Oh~ You two are awesome. I have talked to you two recently on different occasions. Don't get me wrong.. I can see the positives here with getting rid of post counts, but the non-wrestling sections with the combination of the post count factor has gained a lot of this forums attraction. It gives people a goal to reach. If this plan goes through then there better be a damn thumbs up option, so members can have something to be proud of. Rofl

The goal is to talk about wrestling and other stuff. Not postwhore.

Thumbs up option. I seriously hope you are joking bro.

TheDevilsAdvocate
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
The goal is to talk about wrestling and other stuff. Not postwhore.

Thumbs up option. I seriously hope you are joking bro.

Not really. I will just stick to Messages then.

SilverGhost
03-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Not really. I will just stick to Messages then.

I see. A thumbs up option would be a bad idea, in my opinion.

What I do want to see added to this website is the video game section.

TheDevilsAdvocate
03-06-2012, 11:53 PM

Now that would be a nice distraction. I can picture myself getting lost in that section for days. :D

SilverGhost
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Now that would be a nice distraction. I can picture myself getting lost in that section for days. :D

Same here man. Got so much to talk about lol A thread is not enough.

Tomsta666
03-06-2012, 11:57 PM

Thumbs up to this!

Automatic
03-07-2012, 06:43 AM

That's a good idea, since this is a wrestling site.

Tommy Thunder
03-07-2012, 07:03 AM

Good call I think.

VanHooliganX
03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
It's just a number lads :S

Does it honestly matter who has however many?

Every forum has post count. It doesn't matter if you have 16 or 16,000.

B-MCINTYRE
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM

I agree with Mr Van!

Androo
03-07-2012, 08:12 AM

Shut up! It does matter! I don't have to sit here and listen to some noob! Noob!

VanHooliganX
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I agree with Mr Van!

Good. I'm all for the reducing methods to stop clusterfuck posts and spam. But not to the extreme. Call me an oldfag here but forum posts have been round since SomethingAwful first started.

VanHooliganX
03-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Shut up! It does matter! I don't have to sit here and listen to some noob! Noob!

:'( Oh god!

Please don't start whining about your EFed character or post 1,000 pointless pictures! :'(

I'm so sorry!

B-MCINTYRE
03-07-2012, 08:18 AM
:'( Oh god!

Please don't start whining about your EFed character or post 1,000 pointless pictures! :'(

I'm so sorry!

more like it pisses me off i'm busting my ass to move up in here and break the Top 10 list

Wade Barrett 1979
03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
6 pages for this??

Sully
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
6 pages for this??

Yeah I don't think this thread even needed to be bumped in the first place.

Tommy Thunder
03-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah I don't think this thread even needed to be bumped in the first place.

Considering the mods and Frank had an update on the topic, I beg to differ.

Broc
03-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Considering the mods and Frank had an update on the topic, I beg to differ.

And plus, it seems like we've finally gotten the Video Game section out of it!

Sully
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I still hope they consider not making all of the sections spam. Like I said, a lot of intelligent discussions come from some of those sections. Not all of them, but some of them.

Sully
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
So I just realized the Video game section has been put in. This is AWESOME, thanks guys.