PDA

View Full Version : Most popular wrestlers never to appear in WWE

AndyWonder
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I do have a short list that might be good:
Sting
AJ Styles
Steve Corino
Nick Bockwinkiel(?) (he might have made a cameo or two)
The Great Muta(?) (same as above)

Any more?

WilliamJames
09-21-2010, 05:31 PM
There really are not a lot of popular people other than what you have named out there that have yet to work for the WWE. I think nowadays if you ask anyone if they wanted a WWE contract they would jump at the chance right then an there.

djsoulslayer
09-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I think the politics and the "big fish eat little fish" feel of the WWE keeps a lot of really good wrestlers from joining or remaining with the company. But to that list I will add Beer Money (both members) and MCMG.

dave-flames
09-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Samoa Joe to add another name to the pile..

AJ Styles did work a wwe/f ring so technically he's out!

AndyWonder
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
I've actually wondered how Samoa Joe would play out in WWE. I think he has outlived his usefulness in TNA. I don't think they wanna make him a main eventer anymore. He was already there enough. So time for a change; how could he start out there? I don't know right now.

eyehatecena
09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
I think Joe would fit in pretty good if they let him be himself. They could use him to fill the role Umaga left behind- a big Samoan who can actually wrestle.
As far as tahteams, yeah, I would add MCMG and Beer money to the list

Belzova
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Alex Shelley appeared on wwe television as a jobber, so MCMG is out.

wallyman
09-21-2010, 10:34 PM
well micke quacknbush is one...then u have la parka from mexico and dr wagner jr as well...u also have nosawa...just to name afew also jack evans and...allthought many of the peoplel like mcmg were jobbed that doesnt mean they work for wwe as they paid anyone who could work to take a beating for one of their stars...i consider wokring for a company when they actully put u on air and let u showcase ur talent not just get a beat down...:)

TLK
09-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Robert Roode had a WWE tryout and had dark matches in the company so you have to rule him out.

However James Storm, Sting and Abyss have never set foot in the WWE. But with the exception of Sting, do not be surprised if Storm and Abyss eventually jump ship in the future.

eyehatecena
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I miss La Parka

Kashdinero
09-22-2010, 01:14 AM

Samoa Joe Jobbed to essa rios on an episode of wwf metal so technically he's out too }; )

Magnum T.A would have been big in wwf if not for that horrible car crash.
Also like him or not (how could you not!) Bob Sapp would have made BIG money for the wwe, probably still could.

mikenigma
09-22-2010, 01:27 AM
How about that one guy.... former WCW Champion.... what was his name??? Oh yeah... David Arquette

shanethewolf
09-22-2010, 04:32 AM
New Jack. He was one ECW guy the WWE/F would never allow on their show.

Norman Smiley. It's surprising really considering that WWE prides itself on comedy that they never had the funniest wrestler ever as part of their show.

Otherwise, there aren't many are there. Just shows how much pull WWE has in the wrestling world.

Leonardo
09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I miss La Parka
hey is actually going to be in the new AAA game that is coming out in october and in mexican AAA and cmll they had him wrestling and even had a fake one....i forget from where to where but the real one jumped ship and has a war going on wit the fake one.....but LA parka is in the game....NICE

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Havent read the thread, but I'll throw Samoa Joe in there if anyone else hasn't.

Ruggy
09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Scott Norton or Horace Hogan lol

Robstar
09-22-2010, 03:38 PM
The Shockmaster, of course (as The Shockmaster)
Glacier
Col DeBeers
Kendall Windham

But seriously...
Kevin Von Erich
Magnum TA
Nikita Koloff
Jushin Liger
Bobby Eaton
Jimmy Garvin
The Great Muta
Bruiser Brody

TLK
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Well the Shockmaster did wrestle in the WWE as Tugboat and Typhoon lol.

Robstar
09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Well the Shockmaster did wrestle in the WWE as Tugboat and Typhoon lol.

Yeah I knew that but never as THE SHOCKMASTER!!! lmao So did Brody in the WWWF

TLK
09-22-2010, 06:30 PM
A few more past and present wrestlers who never worked for the WWE.

Scott Norton.
Bobby Duncum Jr who tagged with Kendall Windham and Curt Hennig in WCW and sang Rap is Crap
Simon Diamond.
Jay Lethal
Abdullah the Butcher
Bullet Bob Armstrong
Horace Hogan
Bunkhouse Buck lol
Doug Williams
Daffney
Hamada
Awesome Kong and Cheerleader Melissa/Alyssa Flash/Saeed

TLK
09-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Just found out Bunkhouse Buck did have a brief WWE appearance as Jack Swagger's old man who Kane destroyed.

But one more.

Tommy Rich.

merhardt03
09-23-2010, 06:41 AM
daffney did a wwe developmental deal briefly

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
sting, aj styles, samoa joe, petey williams, stan hanson, great muta, need to think of a few more

ANT
09-23-2010, 11:47 AM
The Shockmaster, of course (as The Shockmaster)
Glacier
Col DeBeers
Kendall Windham

But seriously...
Kevin Von Erich
Magnum TA
Nikita Koloff
Jushin Liger
Bobby Eaton
Jimmy Garvin
The Great Muta
Bruiser Brody

yeah you can add to ya list Austin Idol; Mic Mike Manners; Big Daddy (british tutors of dynamitekid chris adams and daveyboysmith) before they went Canada and USA MONSTER ( had a huge feud with Andre the giant -gimic on which undertaker is based-looked like frankenstein); alisio del torro's dad - don caras sr- I think? Mike and David von erich tragically, and the assassins and masked superstar even though he did go in as Axe of demolition; he wasn't the masked superstar; masahiro chono and hushin thunder liger; does Bill Watts short stint count? Countless other great Japanese women wrestlers the likes of which no wwe womens champion is worthy lace the boots of; except lita. Just watch "womens wrestling that doesn't suck" on youtube. Raided my uncles old wrestling mags collection :)

The Watcher
09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't believe how little Sting has been mentioned in this thread... Without a doubt THE biggest drawer never to appear in WWE.

IrkenInvader
09-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I can't believe how little Sting has been mentioned in this thread... Without a doubt THE biggest drawer never to appear in WWE.

Sting is the only guy who's career seems complete with out a WWE run.

AndyWonder
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Austin Aries?

AndyWonder
09-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I saw some video interview Sting did where he said he would never join WWE cuz he did not like how Creative did their thing.

Kashdinero
10-05-2010, 05:48 AM
I saw some video interview Sting did where he said he would never join WWE cuz he did not like how Creative did their thing.

Who does??

Ruggy
10-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Sting is probably the biggest shame.... But, I think it would be regarded as a WWE Star painted in WCW colours (like when Bret thought he was the opposite). Reminds me when Flair was in WWF in 1992, it just never sat quite right... I would loved to have seen Sting match up against the Rock or The Undertaker. Michaels v Sting would have also been a great draw.