PDA

View Full Version : The Masters Thread

thejman93
04-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Since there seems to be a few of us that care I thought I'd make a thread for the Masters

Any thought about the tournament is welcome; have at it peeps

Tommy Thunder
04-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Good call! Better have a discussion here rather than clog up another thread!!

Leggo
04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Love it! Ever played? What's your hightest score ?

thejman93
04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Good call! Better have a discussion here rather than clog up another thread!!

I try! :D hfgvbhfssa

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I may be wrong but I think Tiger has those "hoes" on his mind.:)

thejman93
04-09-2011, 04:44 PM

Never played. TBH I don't really care about golf unless it's a Major.

thejman93
04-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I may be wrong but I think Tiger has those "hoes" on his mind.:)

He's only 3 back.........

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM

IPEEINTHESHOWER loves to play. I've been playing for 10+ years. I'm too embarrassed to give out my score's but I will tell you I have hit in the high 70's before. But that is NOT the norm at ALL. My buddies and I just try to beat each other and drink like fish. Good times, I just hate when people in front of you are so fooooooooooking SLOW. More time to drink but my game suffers.

Tommy Thunder
04-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I only play in the summer. Can't hack it in the winter lol!! I've shot some decent scores (for my standard) in my time. I shot a 68 on a par 63 course. I was having a VERY good day on that day though, I've never replicated that since!!

You can never count Tiger out of the Masters, especially when he's so close to the top. I'm going to say Cabrera is in the best position t at the moment though. We'll see how Tiger finishes this round.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Tiger just hit a GREEEEEEAAAAAAT SHOT!!!

Tommy Thunder
04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Tiger just hit a GREEEEEEAAAAAAT SHOT!!!

http://www.evetahmincioglu.com/web/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tony-the-tiger-frosties.jpg

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Tiger should have had a birdie on that on hole.

Tommy Thunder
04-09-2011, 05:50 PM
After watching McIlroy go 4 clear, I'm putting my money back on him!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-09-2011, 05:52 PM
After watching McIlroy go 4 clear, I'm putting my money back on him!!

So young and so good, lucky bastard!!!

Tommy Thunder
04-09-2011, 05:55 PM
So young and so good, lucky bastard!!!

He's the same frikin age as me, and he's leading the Masters by 4 going into the final round!! Makes me feel like I've failed at life!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-09-2011, 05:59 PM
He's the same frikin age as me, and he's leading the Masters by 4 going into the final round!! Makes me feel like I've failed at life!!

If thats the standard we have all failed at life.;)

Tommy Thunder
04-09-2011, 06:08 PM
If thats the standard we have all failed at life.;)

Now THAT'S infinite wisdom right there, ..... but you already knew that........ ;)

thejman93
04-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Tiger is 2 under thru three

Tommy Thunder
04-10-2011, 01:47 PM
McIlroy is going to win this, no doubt. If he plays anything like he's done the firs 3 rounds, he's got it. I'd still like to see Cabrera win though!!

thejman93
04-10-2011, 01:51 PM
McIlroy is going to win this, no doubt. If he plays anything like he's done the firs 3 rounds, he's got it. I'd still like to see Cabrera win though!!

I think Rory will crack under the pressure and Cabrera will win.

thejman93
04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Tiger Fucking Woods! He's tied for the lead!

Tommy Thunder
04-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Given the position he's in, Tiger is defnialtely the favorite now!! Cabrera second favorite!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Tiger has a chance to win it all. It should be a very interesting finish.

SilverGhost
04-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Golf is one sport that I would like to learn. Also those players do make a lot of money.

Tommy Thunder
04-10-2011, 04:27 PM
So many guys in contention to win it!! Very exciting stuff!!

Tommy Thunder
04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Adam Scott 2 ahead? I think we have our 1st Aussie winner!!

thejman93
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Congrats to Chael Swartzel!

Tommy Thunder
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Charl Schwartzel was brilliant, to close out with 4 birdies in a row is pretty impressive!!

Androo
04-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey you guyssss!

Absolutely gutting for Rory. Feel so sorry for him. I just hope this doesnt affect him in the long run, im sure it wont, hes a good, smart lad. Congrats to Schwartzel! The only Scotsman in the cut, Martin Laird, didnt make a move, but did well. I wanted McIlroy to do it after leading for 3 rounds, but was happy for any of the others to win, except Tiger, hes got enough titles for now. :)

Also very apt. for a wrestling forum! Did anybody else see Shane-O-Mac shake R-Mac's hand on the way to the scoring shed??? My dad pointed it out, and he doesnt even watch wrestling other than every now and then a few years ago, i didnt even notice! So we re-wound it a bit and im pretty sure it was him! Random or what? Also i read the EWN home page and there was a link on Shane, again random! Weird!

Edit: Shit, the EWN beat me to it. I posted this before i read the second report on Shane with a pic of him there.

thejman93
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
to the rest of the Majors.

Rory Mac is 11 under after 36 holes at the US Open but we all know what happened the last time he had a big lead at a major.

the-rocks-stunner
06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
he will bottle it!

Tommy Thunder
06-17-2011, 07:36 PM
he will bottle it!

This. He's not ready to win a major just yet. He will win a few in his career though.

the-rocks-stunner
06-17-2011, 07:53 PM
This. He's not ready to win a major just yet. He will win a few in his career though.

i think he will turn out like Colin Montgomerie gets to the last hole then ALWAYS bottles it

Tommy Thunder
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
We're back!! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

So, Lee Westwood the overnight leader. I'm not a huge Westwood fan if I'm honest. I really want to see Woods win it. It'll complete a good comeback from his troublesome few years.
Not seen too much footage yet, but I'll be watching closely tonight and over the next 2 days!

Oh, and great to see Fred Couples doing excellent yet gain this year. How does that man always stay with the young uns every year at Augusta?! He finished in the top 16 last year if I recall, and he's 3 under at the moment, and surely going to make the cut once again. Him winning it would just make it for me. Unlikely, but you never know!

thejman93
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
You legend.

And yeah, I'm on the Freddy Couples bandwagon too. Nice story, hopefully it lasts 'till Sunday.

Tommy Thunder
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
You legend.

And yeah, I'm on the Freddy Couples bandwagon too. Nice story, hopefully it lasts 'till Sunday.

I'm amazed by how he does it! I don't follow the legends tour, but I assume that he dominates it if he's this good playing in the hardest course in the world against everyone! My Dad likes him, and he's definitely one of my favorite players too. If he finishes in the top 10 I'll be happy enough!

thejman93
04-06-2012, 06:42 PM
If I told you Wednesday night that, after play on Friday, Fred Couples would be a co-leader and Tiger would be +3 would you have believed me?

Well, here we are.

Tommy Thunder
04-06-2012, 06:50 PM
If I told you Wednesday night that, after play on Friday, Fred Couples would be a co-leader and Tiger would be +3 would you have believed me?

Well, here we are.

I'm lost for words here! I'm pretty dissappointed by the way Woods has played, but seeing Couples up there tied for the lead just makes up for that and so much more.
If he manages to keep it up I'll be over the moon, I mean I'm not expecting him to win, there's still 2 more rounds to play, but he said himself before the tournament that he felt that although he doesn't think he can win, he does feel he can be competitive at the top end of the leader-board. So happy that is the case.

thejman93
04-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm lost for words here! I'm pretty dissappointed by the way Woods has played, but seeing Couples up there tied for the lead just makes up for that and so much more.
If he manages to keep it up I'll be over the moon, I mean I'm not expecting him to win, there's still 2 more rounds to play, but he said himself before the tournament that he felt that although he doesn't think he can win, he does feel he can be competitive at the top end of the leader-board. So happy that is the case.

Agreed. There's also the fact that Rory Mac, Phil Mickelson, and a bunch of other cool stories are in the mix.

Tommy Thunder
04-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Agreed. There's also the fact that Rory Mac, Phil Mickelson, and a bunch of other cool stories are in the mix.

Yeah, good to see that big Phill recovered. He wasn't doing too good yesterday, and some of the UK commentators were on the brink of writing him off judging by their comments, but he's got right back up there now.
Rory, meh. I don't see the big hype about him. He's very good, but I just can't get behind him. I'm neither a fan of his or against him really.

Tommy Thunder
04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Is it seriously just me and Jman interested in the Masters here? Shocking -_-

Was pulling for Mickleson to get it done. He's one of my favorite players, and it was such a shame he got that triple bogey at the par 3 4th hole. Would have been 11 under had he made par there.

Great to see 2 guys that nobody predicted to be up there contesting for the green jacket in the play off though. Over the moon for Bubba Watson. The emotion he showed after winning told the whole story really, and how much it meant to him. His second shot at the 10th on the second hole of the play off was incredible, he deserved to win after making that shot.

Tommy Thunder
04-11-2013, 10:45 AM
It's that time of the year again! Time for one of the most prestigious sporting championships in the world to get under way!!

Who are your picks this time round?
IMO, you can't really see past Tiger taking the green jacket for what would be his 5th Masters crown. There are a few other good candidates though. You can get good odds on guys like Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan and Sergio Garcia. And you can't rule out guys like Rory McIlroy or big Phill Mickelson. I hope we some of the elder guys do well too, guys like Tom Watson, Sandy Lyle and the man who always seems to do well at this event in recent years and is still going strong; Fred Couples.

I always look forward to the Masters, such a prestigious and majestic event. I can't wait to kick back in my armchair in the living room to watch over the next 4 days :D

Tommy Thunder
04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Tiger's looking good right now. Another birdie on the 11th takes him to -2.
All the smart money's on him to blitz the field.

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Sergio Garcia was pegged at 40-1 or 50-1 at the start of the tournament. Based on how he's fairing at the moment, that looks to be money very well spent for whoever took a punt there.
I'd say that Jim Furyk is a dark horse at present. He's been a constant at the top of the game for a long time. Never won the Masters though.
Awesome to see Freddie Couples up there again this year. Amazing how that man always performs so well at Augusta. And the way things are at the moment, you can't rule him out completely.
Smart money is still on the lurking Tiger though.

NiallF96
04-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Had a go on Rickie Fowler at 50-1....any news on how that dude is doing???

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Had a go on Rickie Fowler at 50-1....any news on how that dude is doing???

Tied for the lead at present!
Here's the top of the table:

Fred Couples
Dustin Johnson
Jim Furyk
Leishman
Rickie Fowler

All tied for the lead on -4

You've then got:

Angel Cabrera
Justin Rose
Charl Schwartzel

on -3

There's then 12 players on -2 and then 10 guys behind them on -1.

Destruction
04-12-2013, 01:47 PM
I hope Guan makes the cut. Looks like he may just do it,

Bad day for Sergio today. Shame, if I were the legal age, I would've fancied a punt on him. Caberra's doing alright at the minute, but people like Lee Westwood and Luke Donald doesn't look out of it, and if they can get in the 60's tomorrow, who knows?.

My metaphorical money is on Johnson at the minute, followed by Caberra.

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM
I hope Guan makes the cut. Looks like he may just do it,

Bad day for Sergio today. Shame, if I were the legal age, I would've fancied a punt on him. Caberra's doing alright at the minute, but people like Lee Westwood and Luke Donald doesn't look out of it, and if they can get in the 60's tomorrow, who knows?.

My metaphorical money is on Johnson at the minute, followed by Caberra.

It's amazing that a 14 year old's playing in this tournament. Makes me wonder where I went wrong lol! He's just had a bogey though, and if the leaders keep pushing it, then he might miss out. As long as he holds at +4 and the leaders don't go beyond -7, then he's in. He was penalized for slow play too. In all fairness, the pace of play has been really slow, but it's hardly fair to pick on one guy like that, let alone the 14 year old.

I think it's touch and go if he makes it or not.

Destruction
04-12-2013, 02:09 PM
My dad's got the TV, so I basing my thoughts purely on the BBC Text Feed.

They predict +5 will be the cut off, so who knows. Is it still 2 shots separating 1st and 21st? If so, tomorrow and Sunday should be some cracking golf.

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM
My dad's got the TV, so I basing my thoughts purely on the BBC Text Feed.

They predict +5 will be the cut off, so who knows. Is it still 2 shots separating 1st and 21st? If so, tomorrow and Sunday should be some cracking golf.

It's not that bunched any more, but it's still very close. There's 29 players even par, with the leader at -6, 14 of those are on -2.

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Fred Couples is the new Clubhouse leader with a score of -5!! Get in there Freddie!!!

Destruction
04-12-2013, 02:26 PM
C'mon Freddie!

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker (https://twitter.com/GaryLineker)2m (https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/322791680556290048)
Guan Tianlang given a one shot penalty. Very harsh on the 14 year old. Couldn't they have given him detention instead? #Masters (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Masters&src=hash)

NiallF96
04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
CMON RICKIE!!!!!!! Dont have Sky, so I wont be watching it live until the weekend :( But Sat and Sun should be great!

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 02:32 PM
C'mon Freddie!

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker (https://twitter.com/GaryLineker)2m (https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/322791680556290048)
Guan Tianlang given a one shot penalty. Very harsh on the 14 year old. Couldn't they have given him detention instead? #Masters (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Masters&src=hash)

Haha! good one Gary!

CMON RICKIE!!!!!!! Dont have Sky, so I wont be watching it live until the weekend :( But Sat and Sun should be great!

Fowler's just bogeyed to peg him back to -3. Still in contention though no doubt.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm following on a stream and with Sky Sports update. I can link you to a stream if you want?

NiallF96
04-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Haha! good one Gary!

Fowler's just bogeyed to peg him back to -3. Still in contention though no doubt.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm following on a stream and with Sky Sports update. I can link you to a stream if you want?

Yeah bro, thatd be sweet. Do you just PM it yeah?

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah bro, thatd be sweet. Do you just PM it yeah?

Sent man!

Tiger's up to -3 now! Setting himself up for the weekend!

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
And it's all tied up!

Leichman drops a shot as he drops down to -5, tied now with clubhouse leader Freddie Couples and the charging Tiger Woods! Tiger's picking up pace and he's now looking set to pick up a couple more shots on the back 9; the half of the course that has been generous in how many shots have been picked up today!

Tommy Thunder
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Tiger finishes on -3.

The smart money is still on him IMO. But in all honesty, there's so many guys that could win this Masters, you seriously can't call it with any great conviction at present.
All I know is that we're in store for a great and exciting weekend of golf!

Destruction
04-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Tiger finishes on -3.

The smart money is still on him IMO. But in all honesty, there's so many guys that could win this Masters, you seriously can't call it with any great conviction at present.
All I know is that we're in store for a great and exciting weekend of golf!

Tiger might be disqualified right now. I hope not, but he admitted he took 2 steps back.

Tommy Thunder
04-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Tiger might be disqualified right now. I hope not, but he admitted he took 2 steps back.

Yeah just read the story on that now.
I hope he's not DQ'ed since that would really sour the atmosphere.

Leggo
04-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Yeah just read the story on that now.
I hope he's not DQ'ed since that would really sour the atmosphere.

Yeah, just found out Tommy. Seems a bit harsh, but I suppose rules are rules. It's quite open this year anybody could win it from about 10 players. Would to see Justin Rose win it.

Tommy Thunder
04-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Yeah, just found out Tommy. Seems a bit harsh, but I suppose rules are rules. It's quite open this year anybody could win it from about 10 players. Would to see Justin Rose win it.

Trues, I won't be complaining if he is DQ'ed since that's simply the rules, but it'll be a big disappointment nonetheless.
So many players within reach of the leader at this point. Can't wait to see how it pans out!
I'm backing Fred Couples as always, but it's mighty difficult to call it at this point with so many players up there.

Leggo
04-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Trues, I won't be complaining if he is DQ'ed since that's simply the rules, but it'll be a big disappointment nonetheless.
So many players within reach of the leader at this point. Can't wait to see how it pans out!
I'm backing Fred Couples as always, but it's mighty difficult to call it at this point with so many players up there.

I know mate. A couple of birdies/bogeys and leader board can change.

will anybody replace Woods if he is disqualified?

Tommy Thunder
04-14-2013, 06:30 AM
I know mate. A couple of birdies/bogeys and leader board can change.

will anybody replace Woods if he is disqualified?

Turns out he just got a 2 shot penalty instead. Don't think he would have been replaced if he'd been DQ'ed though.

I fancy Adam Scott to do something. It would be nice to see an Aussie win the Masters, after the great Greg Norman failed to do it. Norman's been mentoring Scott, and the lad ha the tools. Let's see if he can pull it off.

Tommy Thunder
04-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Still backing Scott.
Cabrera's playing out of his skin fair play, but I fancy the Aussie to pull it out of the bag!

Androo
04-15-2013, 07:32 PM
That Australian gent won me 200 squidollas. Thank you kindly, Adam Scott.

Tommy Thunder
04-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Tiger's missing this years Masters after having back surgery. Gutted :(

thejman93
04-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Tiger's missing this years Masters after having back surgery. Gutted :(

And yet, at the end of play on Saturday, it's all very compelling.

Bubba Watson and Jordan Spieth, the 20 year old, in the lead at -5. Others lurking.

Tommy Thunder
04-13-2014, 04:24 AM
I'm just enjoying watching mah boy Freddie Couples strolling around doing his thing :D

Tommy Thunder
04-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Go on Freddie! What a story if he manages to pull it off!

Tommy Thunder
04-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Noooooo Freddie!! :(

Tommy Thunder
04-13-2014, 07:56 PM
2 Masters wins in 3 years. Well done Bubba Watson!