PDA

View Full Version : iMPACT lately

Stinger187
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
I was catchingup on iMPACT for the last couple weeks and noticed they've been using a crowed track during the show... for boo's and cheers, i think it's cheap very cheap, I know WWE does this but TNA hasn't i just noticed lately they've been doing it!

JohnnyPhantom
04-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I noticed this as well. I think back to WCW with the Goldberg chants when i watch during RVD coming out.

Not sure why they need them, they only have about 500 people at there shows. Seems like they could just ask them to be vocal.

SESAfro
04-08-2011, 12:10 AM
I noticed this as well. I think back to WCW with the Goldberg chants when i watch during RVD coming out.

Not sure why they need them, they only have about 500 people at there shows. Seems like they could just ask them to be vocal.
They didn't always have it though. When he first came to TNA I believe the crowd was actually into it. Now, I just think they are bored and could careless what happens on iMPACT.

Sinliner
04-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Man tna has really gone downhill lately :( i promised myself i would start watching just to show support to the wrestling business as a whole, but tna gives me the biggest fucking headache sometimes, and just the feel of the whole show just feels........weird

North Vegas Benny
04-08-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm watching Impact right now and having a hard time paying attention to it had to jump on the comp.

The Brown One
04-08-2011, 05:42 AM

I believe its 1000 now.

markedout4life
04-08-2011, 06:30 AM
well im not disagreeing with you that these wrestling fans who show up to the impact zone weekly are jaded.to be honest im sick of seeing them in the front row week in and week out. overexposed and makes the show look cheesy. why not try and sprinkle these hardcore tna holics throughout the crowd. its getting to the point where they are more famous than two thirds of the x-division. now i am not hating on these mongoloids and ruffians, i am just very turned off from tna when these rapscalions invade my personal space on a recurring basis.

Lowki
04-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Ahh so that's why Matt Hardy gets a reaction now.

I thought the RVD entrance was tracked because the voices are always the same and at the same volume (although the impact barn usually has the same people so it may just be that)

Stinger187
04-08-2011, 12:11 PM
well in the last month they started doing it A LOT so there's no dead space for anything!(damn you ERIC)

Nay_Than
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Does it matter if they use it? Sure it may seem cheap, but it works right?

Also, i personally think that TNA has improved so fucking much lately.. i dont know why everyone is still dissing it? The only pointless thing i can mention is the stupid fucking Pope / Joe storyline...

thejman93
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Also, i personally think that TNA has improved so fucking much lately.. i dont know why everyone is still dissing it? The only pointless thing i can mention is the stupid fucking Pope / Joe storyline...

And Morgan/Hernandez but yeah, its getting better...

Nay_Than
04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
And Morgan/Hernandez but yeah, its getting better...

I think the morgan / Hernandez one started off stupid but i think its slowly got better... but its still shit.

I think the X - Division is getting much more light now.

Lowki
04-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Don't know what you've been watching but all i've seen is constant hogging of the spotlight by Jarrett, Karen, Angle, Immortal, Anderson and fortune. They are garanteed 3-4 segments an episode! No, it hasn't improved, it's still boring to me.

TheMadThinker
04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
well im not disagreeing with you that these wrestling fans who show up to the impact zone weekly are jaded.to be honest im sick of seeing them in the front row week in and week out. overexposed and makes the show look cheesy. why not try and sprinkle these hardcore tna holics throughout the crowd. its getting to the point where they are more famous than two thirds of the x-division. now i am not hating on these mongoloids and ruffians, i am just very turned off from tna when these rapscalions invade my personal space on a recurring basis.

Yeah man! Way to put that word a day calendar to good use. :cool:

Nay_Than
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't know what you've been watching but all i've seen is constant hogging of the spotlight by Jarrett, Karen, Angle, Immortal, Anderson and fortune. They are garanteed 3-4 segments an episode! No, it hasn't improved, it's still boring to me.

Well i think it has improved.

The X division is getting so much more light and i think the RVD / Sting / Anderson is very entertaining. Same with the Angle and Jeff segments. I find it a hell of alot more entertaining than Raw or Smackdown!

And btw, how the fuck am i a "Fanboy" because i prefer TNA to WWE?

Lowki
04-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Well i think it has improved.

The X division is getting so much more light and i think the RVD / Sting / Anderson is very entertaining. Same with the Angle and Jeff segments. I find it a hell of alot more entertaining than Raw or Smackdown!

And btw, how the fuck am i a "Fanboy" because i prefer TNA to WWE?
Well, because you put "Also, i personally think that TNA has improved so fucking much lately.." It's the aggressive and fact like statement you made. I've taken you off the fanboy thing because quite frankly, you aren't as bad as the others on there who would swear blind that TNA is the greatest thing on television, when quite frankly i tolerate because i am a wrestling fan these days. Yes, Angle and jarrett, Anderson/RVD/Sting, Immortal v Fortune are entertaining to a point, but they are hogging the spotlight way too much. We don't need to see each member of each respective fued on camera 3-4 times an episode! It takes up WAY too much time that could fit a match in for people who actually want to see WRESTLING and not a ton of backstage interviews that look like they are being filmed by a thirteen year old on his Iphone. The X-Division and it's belt is one of the lowest priorities on that show now and personally, Smackdown has the most wrestling out of all three shows. The past few weeks TNA has had barely 20minutes of wrestling on impact! Raw and smackdown i can watch it all the way through every week. TNA i usually start losing interest and end up reading the newspaper or going on my laptop waiting for a match to come on (9 times out of 10 the match is a disappointment anyways). I'm not a TNA Hater. I want them to do well and it pisses me off that they are putting on shows that TNA marks won't admit aren't THAT entertaining! Wrestling fans should take a leaf out of other sports books; when your team does bad, they do bad. You accept it, you vent, you curse the players for playing poorly. Same with TNA.
Russo just needs to learn how to finish a storyline without adding different twists and turns to try and keep an angle "fresh". Usually with Russo, storylines randomly just end with no explanation. Fueds end with no explanation. They really need to get a good, consitant writer and then a head writer that could filter Russo and they would be on their way. One advantage TNA is failing to take advantage of is the internet! Listen to fans. Put polls on TNAwrestling.com like "Should we add more X-Division matches to our shows?". If it ends up a unanimous yes (which it would) then follow through with it!

Automatic
04-09-2011, 01:34 PM
What the hell is happening with the whole Velvet Sky Angelina Love Winter angle:|.
On a side note: I like the entrance of the Mexican American stable, with their freakishly big Mexican flag:p.

Bodom
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
What the hell is happening with the whole Velvet Sky Angelina Love Winter angle:|.
On a side note: I like the entrance of the Mexican American stable, with their freakishly big Mexican flag:p.

I bet they really wished they kept Homicide.

This stable is a poor mans LAX.

WWTNA Mark
04-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I bet they really wished they kept Homicide.

This stable is a poor mans LAX.

This. I'm sorry but did anyone notice the racism of the Mexican group? They said segregation in there theme entrance. Really TNA???

Automatic
04-09-2011, 01:48 PM
This. I'm sorry but did anyone notice the racism of the Mexican group? They said segregation in there theme entrance. Really TNA???

Really? Well that's just stupid from TNA...

WWTNA Mark
04-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Really? Well that's just stupid from TNA...

Typical wrestling move to have a group of the same ethnic background being a bunch of racists.

Automatic
04-09-2011, 01:59 PM
BTW, what exactly is Eric Bishoffs function on IMPACT? I only see him walking next to Hogan...

WWTNA Mark
04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
BTW, what exactly is Eric Bishoffs function on IMPACT? I only see him walking next to Hogan...

I honestly do not know. I think him and Hogan share the same power.

CobraNightviper
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
and a brain lately.

thejman93
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
What the hell is happening with the whole Velvet Sky Angelina Love Winter angle?

That's another storyline that needs to end... It's just fucking wierd now.

Automatic
04-09-2011, 07:20 PM
There was only 18 minutes and 21 seconds of in-ring wrestling on this weeks addition of iMPACT, this is down from previous weeks.
Damn... This needs to be fixed, they need to stop forcing the main event guys down our throats.

Bodom
04-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Gotta love that Total Nonstop Action.

Sinliner
04-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Gotta love that Total Nonstop Action.

hey they need to cut a couple of minutes off the matches so that hogan, flair, and hardy have enough time to stumble their asses to the ring lol

Lowki
04-10-2011, 08:11 AM
There was only 18 minutes and 21 seconds of in-ring wrestling on this weeks addition of iMPACT, this is down from previous weeks.
Damn... This needs to be fixed, they need to stop forcing the main event guys down our throats.
It's been like this for a while now. the 17th March show had just 9 minutes of wrestling!
Basically in a 120minute show, we get roughly 100minutes of garbage. How people can say it has more wrestling than WWE just confuses the hell out of me.

Sinliner
04-10-2011, 08:20 AM
It's been like this for a while now. the 17th March show had just 9 minutes of wrestling!
Basically in a 120minute show, we get roughly 100minutes of garbage. How people can say it has more wrestling than WWE just confuses the hell out of me.

well technically wwe has NO wrestling, they only have "entertaing" and "performing"

Automatic
04-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Damn 9 minutes, that's not even watching a wrestling show. You're watching a soap, with some accasional fights that coincidentally happen inside of a ring.

well technically wwe has NO wrestling, they only have "entertaing" and "performing"

Well, that's according to the WWE

Stinger187
04-10-2011, 09:19 AM

nah, he's hogans butt buddy

Lowki
04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Damn 9 minutes, that's not even watching a wrestling show. You're watching a soap, with some accasional fights that coincidentally happen inside of a ring.

It was horrific to watch. It had about 30minutes worth of backstage interviews (one with Kaz soaking wet walking backstage, then cut straight to AJ who was talking to Kaz who was bone dry and wearing a suit...Superman much?) and a hell of a lot of promos (i think there was two 15minute Anderson promos... They have 4-5 matches which were all jobs/squashes.

Automatic
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
It was horrific to watch. It had about 30minutes worth of backstage interviews (one with Kaz soaking wet walking backstage, then cut straight to AJ who was talking to Kaz who was bone dry and wearing a suit...Superman much?) and a hell of a lot of promos (i think there was two 15minute Anderson promos... They have 4-5 matches which were all jobs/squashes.

Wow they managed to have 4-5 matches in 9 minutes, impressive. But TNA does to much promo's and backstage segments.

Canadainoz
04-13-2011, 06:27 AM
I was watching the part on Impact where Hogan and Bischoff were having discussion about the network and that there must be someone there that has a wrestling background the way decisions were being handed down and then the proverbial light bulb went off in my head.

I remembered just before Wrestlemania, a small article was floating around the net about the Macho Man's brother saying that Randy has something big that's about to be announced but thats all he could comment about it.

I have one of two theories regarding the 'puppetmaster' at the network:

A. Its Hulk Hogan and Eric Bicshoff's worst nightmare, the Macho Man, Team Madness, Randy Savage

or

B. Its Dixie

Yes I know its all a storyline and it being Dixie is redundant, but I reckon the Macho Man battling with Hogan for power is a storyline that has been told a dozen times and it never gets old.