PDA

View Full Version : Venting frustrations...

Dameduse823
03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Today at work I got stuck in an apartment with the newest employee here and as always I worked while listening to my ipod, at some point during the day we got to talking and he asked me what I was listening to. I was very polite told him the song and let him hear it. He asked who the band was and I said I didn't know only that it was the theme for a wrestler named Sheamus. To which he rolled his eyes and replied You still like that wrestling crap? You know its fake right. And then I got to spend the rest of teh afternoon getting mocked about being a fan....

Personally I am fucking tired of saying i'm a fan of WWE and getting looked at like I just said I still believe in Santa. What annoys me more is that most of the jackasses that talk shit about me have no idea what its about. They seem to think that 'fake' means everything is bullshit. They think the chairs are plastic, the mats are a foot think and teh ring is a trampoline. And when I calmly and logically try and explain that the matches are talked through but the shit is still happening, that having someone tell you their gonna kick you in the face doesn't stop it from hurting when they kick you in the god damn face.

The same people who think wwe is a real life cartoon are the same people who worship baseball and football players as 'true athletes' praising them for their work and dedication for a season that lasts less then half a year have no idea that WWE has shows almost every night of the week not just the two tv shows and the ppv as well as one of teh most manic travel schedules. People like this piss me off to no end and when you try and defend it they look at you like a kid making up lies to try and explain why their right!

I just needed to get that out...

Automatic
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I understand completely...

Leggo
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
We get it a lot over here in the uk mate (sorry, I assume youre from the us). People say, you know it's not real don't you, and, it's fake, and, is that hulk hogan still wrestling, and, oh that wwf (get the mame right!) crap... And so on.

Totally know where you're coming from mate. It makes you feel almost embarrassed to like wrestling! And what's the point in explaining, because in their eyes 2+2 = 5!

SilverGhost
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Eh....just ignore them. If you are a fan, so what? You enjoy what you like the most. That is what matters.

thejman93
03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I fucking hate that too. Yes, I know its fake you douchebag but you still had to point that out right?

Tommy Thunder
03-31-2011, 04:50 PM
If the guy wasn't prepared to listen to your explanation to an industry he clearly doesn't understand, then he isn't worth the trouble!! Ignore him!!

North Vegas Benny
03-31-2011, 05:07 PM
This is why I love this site we can freely talk wrestling. Out of the circle of people I know I am the only one who watches wrestling, (or atleast the only one to admit it).

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Well Dameduse823 from where I'm at you have three options.

1) Piss in the guys gas tank or

2) sleep with his wife or

3) remember this "IT DOESN'T"T MATTER WHAT THAT DICK THINKS!!!! Life is too short to give a f about what someone thinks of your entertainment choices.

SilverGhost
03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Well Dameduse823 from where I'm at you have three options.

1) Piss in the guys gas tank or

3) remember this "IT DOESN'T"T MATTER WHAT THAT DICK THINKS!!!! Life is too short to give a f about what someone thinks of your entertainment choices.

Coming from IPITS.....he would probably urge you to do either steps one or two xD

Bodom
03-31-2011, 05:19 PM
http://derrilickt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-cat.jpg

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Coming from IPITS.....he would probably urge you to do either steps one or two xD

HAHAHAHAHA Probably SG...... I gave him options, it's his choice.:)

Tommy Thunder
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
hello showerheads and sprinklers of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Well dameduse823 from where i'm at you have three options.

1) piss in the guys gas tank or

3) remember this "it doesn't"t matter what that dick thinks!!!! life is too short to give a f about what someone thinks of your entertainment choices.

infinite wisdom!

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Find out what that person likes and choose something you can throw in that douche's face followed by a sadistic laugh!

SilverGhost
03-31-2011, 05:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Probably SG...... I gave him options, it's his choice.:)

I guess gas tank would fit. Sleeping with the guys wife is overboard for an opinion. :D

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Simple solution would be to throw a camel clutch his way. After you get done breaking his back, fucking his ass, and making him humble (all in that exact order), simply ask him how real the wrestling is now.

Bodom
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM
I guess gas tank would fit. Sleeping with the guys wife is overboard for an opinion. :D

That just makes it more fun.

SilverGhost
03-31-2011, 05:26 PM
That just makes it more fun.

Lol true xD add some salt to wounds.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOm_Z6Llz-4

muuuuhahahahahha

BoycottTNA
03-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I play Poker and watch Wrestling - try explaining both of those two to people ;hithead:

North Vegas Benny
03-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Simple solution would be to throw a camel clutch his way. After you get done breaking his back, fucking his ass, and making him humble (all in that exact order), simply ask him how real the wrestling is now.

That's going a bit too far.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
It's not about sex; it's about power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9K-wEUCCvE0

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 05:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1QCBF3h_tM

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
I was late posting the Iron Sheik video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZm10eHVSs

SilverGhost
03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
I wish for Steiner, Flair, and Shiek to be together for a shoot!

The New Guy
03-31-2011, 07:10 PM

How Booker T became an in ring announcer before the Iron Sheik boggles my mind :)

Dameduse823
03-31-2011, 07:13 PM

{Steps back}Charming Shieky

Thats for your advise and its good to be around so many people who have to deal with the same crap

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 07:15 PM
How Booker T became an in ring announcer before the Iron Sheik boggles my mind :)
I know, right? I would actually pay money for a Sheik-centric commentary simulcast that ran concurrent with Smackdown and/or RAW.

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
I know, right? I would actually pay money for a Sheik-centric commentary simulcast that ran concurrent with Smackdown and/or RAW.

There should be a SAP button on every remote for that.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
There should be a SAP button on every remote for that.
It would be bigger than 3D.

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:20 PM
It would be bigger than 3D.

It would make American Idol watchable.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
It would make American Idol watchable.
"Fuck the Ryan Seacrest! He is no good jabroni motherfucker!"

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Okay, so a similar thing happened to me at school the other day. Here's what happened:

So someone from school asked me if I wanted to go out drinking with them after class, and while explaining to them that I am in fact straight edged, I instinctively made the CM Punk "X" with my arms. Of course someone recognized what I was doing and it turned into a discussion of "why do you still watch that kiddie shit" blah blah blah, and I had to duck out of the discussion entirely because I knew that even if I tried to explain it to them it would have gone right over their heads.

It's frustrating for sure man, I know what your talking about.

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:24 PM

I might die of asphyxiation when Sheiky overdubs the singing.

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Okay, so a similar thing happened to me at school the other day. Here's what happened:

So someone from school asked me if I wanted to go out drinking with them after class, and while explaining to them that I am in fact straight edged, I instinctively made the CM Punk "X" with my arms. Of course someone recognized what I was doing and it turned into a discussion of "why do you still watch that kiddie shit" blah blah blah, and I had to duck out of the discussion entirely because I knew that even if I tried to explain it to them it would have gone right over their heads.

It's frustrating for sure man, I know what your talking about.

Are we like a secret society?

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
I might die of asphyxiation when Sheiky overdubs the singing.
We need to get that half and half Eric Simms on the phone and see if we can't make something happen.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM

Sheik OUT!!!!

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
We need to get that half and half Eric Simms on the phone and see if we can't make something happen.

We're sitting on some serious money here.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Sheik OUT!!!!
*hobbles off stage to fire up some medicine*

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
*hobbles off stage to fire up some medicine*

*while screaming fuck the hulk hogan*

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Are we like a secret society?

I guess man. A secret society made up of a good portion of the world.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
This is gold. Iron Sheik is all kinds of win.

SilverGhost
03-31-2011, 07:39 PM

Sheik OUT!!!!

*while screaming fuck the hulk hogan*

If I had money, I would throw it at you.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I used to wonder why wrestling fans were so looked down upon, but then I went to a couple of live events. The arenas were filled with people who looked like they had just graduated from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. I mean, the breeding practices of a good chunk of our wrestling-enthusiast brethren aren't exactly doing our cause any favors.

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I used to wonder why wrestling fans were so looked down upon, but then I went to a couple of live events. The arenas were filled with people who looked like they had just graduated from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. I mean, the breeding practices of a good chunk of our wrestling-enthusiast brethren aren't exactly doing our cause any favors.

The ones who are first in line are always the worst.

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
If I had money, I would throw it at you.

Are you saying that Iron Ape, IPITS, and Bodom are strippers?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 07:50 PM

I can vouch for this.

There are way to many of these guys at live events.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQgdVFd3CFOOoCdI8LFPaU0LQlYCvqR dms5zzxoo4Kj8G0bulPHQ

Bodom
03-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Are you saying that Iron Ape, IPITS, and Bodom are strippers?

Bodom is NOT a stripper, but has no problem with people throwing money at him ;)

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I can vouch for this.

There are way to many of these guys at live events.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQgdVFd3CFOOoCdI8LFPaU0LQlYCvqR dms5zzxoo4Kj8G0bulPHQ

Really IPITS? I remember going to a MNRaw event in Columbus a year or two ago, and it wasn't bad at all. Now, WCW back in the later 1990s....

Edit: It was a Raw almost a year and a few weeks back. Back when DX broke up because of Shawn. And yeah, I get a lot of shit from "old fans" about wrestling.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
The ones who are first in line are always the worst.
You mean the ones who basically camp out for hours despite already having tickets? Yeah, I'd look down on them if I could even stand to look at them at all.

Dameduse823
03-31-2011, 08:05 PM

Inbreds and hillbillies have infiltrated every aspect of our culture... I mean they have grown so powerful that people are actually calling nascar a sport

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Really IPITS? I remember going to a MNRaw event in Columbus a year or two ago, and it wasn't bad at all. Now, WCW back in the later 1990s....

Edit: It was a Raw almost a year and a few weeks back. Back when DX broke up because of Shawn. And yeah, I get a lot of shit from "old fans" about wrestling.
WCW events were like a bug light for people whose houses needed regular tire rotations. You could actually smell the unemployment and lack of ambition hanging in the air.

Iron Ape
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Inbreds and hillbillies have infiltrated every aspect of our culture... I mean they have grown so powerful that people are actually calling nascar a sport
Nascar is even bigger than football now, which sort of blows my mind.

Dameduse823
03-31-2011, 08:14 PM

And my point has been proven in an amazingly depressing manner

Bodom
03-31-2011, 08:16 PM

.......the fuck?

I really want to cry.

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 08:18 PM

If there ever was a reason for a teenage, atheist, white male to ever go emo....

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 08:20 PM

It's not that bad really. I'm usually pretty close to the ring when I go so not much riff-raff there. It's just walking to the beer stand and taking a piss is when I run into
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwrZrpSLx1kAo8WKgw33I5N4_1Esh8d Lp1iPTyx-y-mlAHUikl

Bodom
03-31-2011, 08:21 PM
It's not that bad really. I'm usually pretty close to the ring when I go so not much riff-raff there. It's just walking to the beer stand and taking a piss is when I run into
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwrZrpSLx1kAo8WKgw33I5N4_1Esh8d Lp1iPTyx-y-mlAHUikl

And you gotta love the people who go to WWE shows and wear TNA gear.

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 08:22 PM

Same people you see tailgating at an OSU game...

I need great seats the next time they come to Ohio (And I'm not in school. Fuck you Smackdown!)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Same people you see tailgating at an OSU game...

I need great seats the next time they come to Ohio (And I'm not in school. Fuck you Smackdown!)

Buckeyes 4 LIFE!!!!!! You can't mess with my Buckeye fans..... In this video take out "Brad Big Long Pappa Anderson" and put your name "RomanFlare" in its place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgWvPxUbpWA

muuuuhahahahahahahha

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Do not get my wrong, I am still an Ohio State Fan, and I root for them during every game.

But my supreme loyalty remains else where.

Hint:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zIBaKgtwq5U/TS1T6rSdbiI/AAAAAAAAAMg/n8bIOLWNVfQ/s1600/darron+thomas.jpg

It isn't this team.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Do not get my wrong, I am still an Ohio State Fan, and I root for them during every game.

But my supreme loyalty remains else where.

Hint:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zIBaKgtwq5U/TS1T6rSdbiI/AAAAAAAAAMg/n8bIOLWNVfQ/s1600/darron+thomas.jpg

It isn't this team.

That video may have been a bit to harsh RomaFlare, so for that sorry, that guy was certified, 12 years in the joint cuz. I hope Cam does well in the NFL, that is if there's a season this year.......
*fingers crossed*

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 09:17 PM
That video may have been a bit to harsh RomaFlare, so for that sorry, that guy was certified, 12 years in the joint cuz. I hope Cam does well in the NFL, that is if there's a season this year.......
*fingers crossed*

Depending on where he lands, we might be seeing more of him. Either Cincinnati or Cleveland is possible.

I really hope we have a damn NFL season though @.@

The New Guy
03-31-2011, 09:22 PM
But at least you know people in real life that watch wrestling and you can talk to them, and share views.
I'm starting to believe I'm the only colombian that watch wrestling.
90% of the people haven't heard that wrestling exist, or think they are just characters in a video game (smackdown know your role was huge around here)
And 10% have watch it and think is stupid watching guys punch without touching.
I've tried to turn some people (girls who have dated me, friends at school or at the university) but nobody seems to enjoy it
:(

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 10:26 PM
But at least you know people in real life that watch wrestling and you can talk to them, and share views.
I'm starting to believe I'm the only colombian that watch wrestling.
90% of the people haven't heard that wrestling exist, or think they are just characters in a video game (smackdown know your role was huge around here)
And 10% have watch it and think is stupid watching guys punch without touching.
I've tried to turn some people (girls who have dated me, friends at school or at the university) but nobody seems to enjoy it
:(

Dude, I don't know if that is recommended to try and turn a date onto wrestling. Words of advice, wait until she moves in with you to bring that part up!

Bodom
03-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Dude, I don't know if that is recommended to try and turn a date onto wrestling. Words of advice, wait until she moves in with you to bring that part up!

Or at least wait until you bone her.

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Or at least wait until you bone her.

This because afterwards, if she detests you being a wrestling fan, at least you got laid!

The New Guy
03-31-2011, 10:34 PM

Not exactly what I meant.
You guys in america are pretty liberal with relationships as we're not so much. When you reach a certain level of intimacy with the other person you kinda become BF anf GF without even saying anything.
When I wrote about "girls I've dated" I meant former girlfriends now pretty good friends. Cultural misunderstanding.

Bodom
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
You guys in america are pretty liberal with relationships as we're not so much. When you reach a certain level of intimacy with the other person you kinda become BF anf GF without even saying anything.
When I wrote about "girls I've dated" I meant former girlfriends now pretty good friends. Cultural misunderstanding.

Still goes back to rule #1.

Don't do anything that might jeopardize sexy time.

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 10:37 PM

Sorry bud :(

The New Guy
03-31-2011, 10:39 PM
This because afterwards, if she detests you being a wrestling fan, at least you got laid!

Funny story:
I was dating a girl around last year when I got my WM 26 dvd. She went to my house when I was watching it and she tried to see a match (Taker vs HBK), she hated it and said that she was willing to sleep with me that night as long as I would stop watching my dvd.
:)

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Don't do ... sexy time.

Quoted. SGSADGSADHADSFG

Rich Cranium
03-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Funny story:
I was dating a girl around last year when I got my WM 26 dvd. She went to my house when I was watching it and she tried to see a match (Taker vs HBK), she hated it and said that she was willing to sleep with me that night as long as I would stop watching my dvd.
:)

The DVD isn't going anywhere but the girl you never know!

The New Guy
03-31-2011, 11:08 PM
Sorry bud :(

Thanks Rich, very appreciated :)

Still goes back to rule #1.

Hail Bodom, Chick magnet :)

Bodom
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks Rich, very appreciated :)

Hail Bodom, Chick magnet :)

rofl. Far from being a "chick magnet". I just know to keep my priorities in check ;)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-31-2011, 11:16 PM
rofl. Far from being a "chick magnet". I just know to keep my priorities in check ;)

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I think what Bodom is trying to say is

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSotSYm5s6nNVlaj1s042sGe4q5zElEZ 9ISHLlFhAQS-_uBnhXl

muuuhahahahahahahaha

RomanFlare
03-31-2011, 11:21 PM

cm bodom! Cm bodom!

TheMadThinker
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM

If there was a complete book of man rules this would be #1.

RomanFlare
04-01-2011, 10:46 AM

If there was a complete book of man rules this would be #1.

There is. "The Bro Code".