PDA

View Full Version : Night Of Champion 2010 Thoughts

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-20-2010, 12:18 AM
I thought the PPV was great. So far, this is the best PPV of the year. Yeah, I'd hate to put this PPV over the Wrestlemania 2010 ppv, especially since it includes HBK's farewell match. Still, I truly believe this PPV surpasses all PPVs this year.

-- Good solid match between Kofi and Ziggler to open the show. I hope that this is the final time they confront each other. They've been wrestling each other since july and its time they went their own ways.

-- I hate the fact that CM Punk lost in his hometown and after that amazing heel promo he cut. How the hell is WWE gonna let Big Show just dominate him over the last few weeks and let CM Punk get absolutely nothing over him?? He should have won this match.

-- Daniel Bryan vs The Miz was the match of the night, IMO. Both of them made the other look great. The Miz really impressed me in this match. I was one of the main people saying the Miz was not good when it came to in-ring ability - but he proved me wrong. The way he displayed his technical style against Daniel Bryan was good to watch. I'm so happy Daniel Bryan won the championship though. Now we have someone to finally bring prestige back to the US title.

-- The womens/divas unification match-up was actually a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. The divas looked lost on the outside. :/ However, McCool and Melina put on a good match. A nice showing of wrestling moves from both sides. Should LayCool have won? Ehhh. I guess. I just feel Melina should have won since she is technically the best diva WWE has right now.

-- Kane vs Taker lived up to the hype, IMO. It is good Kane beat Taker cleanly in this match. Now he is looking like a credible champion and this feud actually has some merit behind it.

-- The 5 tag team turmoil match was okay. I thought the USOs should have won the title, but McIntyre and Cody Rhodes should make a fine tag team.

-- The main event was really good to watch. From beginning to end. It was sad seeing Jericho go. I'm sure he will be back though. He is just taking a small hiatus to tour with Fozzy and spend time with his family. Randy Orton winning seemed right. He is the top guy in WWE right now. I do wish Miz would have cashed in though. The timing for a MITB cash in would have been perfect.

What are your thoughts?

Robstar
09-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Damn you beat me by 2 minutes to this topic! I'll attempt to bring mine here, wait....

Robstar
09-20-2010, 12:24 AM
So, how do we all feel about this PPV? Who watched it? Who decided to wait for the results online? (I did)

Firstly, I'm glad Ziggler retained. This is a character that needs time to develop and the exposure to do it.
I am truly surprised that Big Show beat Punk and it makes me wonder what plans they have for Show and if they will give him a run at the WHC.
Daniel Bryan - what can you say? Obviously a very popular choice and I am a little curious to see what comes of this mention of weekly title defenses. (Assuming I read that right)
As a fan of Lay-Cool, I'm glad McCool won. Also gratifying was how they made everyone think it was going to be the catalyst for a split, which it still may be, with Layla and Michelle arguing over which belt is official now and who it belongs to.:p
Kane won, which is only right. I'm still holding hope that they can take this all the way to WMania but according to reports they are facing each other at Hell In A Cell, so who knows what WWE will decide to do. Personally, I'd like to see Kane drop the WHC before then to Big Show in a triple threat with Undertaker, bringing the 'Taker/Kane feud to a new level and making it NOT about the WHC and simply 'sibling' rivalry.
Pissed off with the tag team match. No buildup whatsoever, Cody has held tag gold already about 500 times, Drew must have won a bet or something with Vince because he gets all these chances and I'm not sure why. He's ok, but nothing spectacular. Maybe the Queen of England has been leaning on Vince, because there is an awful lot of English, Irish and Scottish talent all of a sudden! ;)
As for the 6 Pack Challenge? Orton is an interesting choice, I wonder how long he'll keep it this time? I am very sorry to see Jericho go, but I can't say the writing wasn't on the wall there. My guess is he'll be back. Eventually.

Anyway, these are my impressions - what's yours??? :confused:

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
09-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Haha, I'm pretty fast. Good thoughts though. :)

Robstar
09-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Haha, I'm pretty fast. Good thoughts though. :)

Lol, no problem.

Simply CANNOT agree with you about Melina. Gail kim is FAR superior to Melina in ring; Melina is a botch queen! I put McCool, Kelly Kelly, Beth Pheonix and Gail all above Melina. She has proven me nothing except how to botch and get injured, sorry

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Lol, no problem.

Simply CANNOT agree with you about Melina. Gail kim is FAR superior to Melina in ring; Melina is a botch queen! I put McCool, Kelly Kelly, Beth Pheonix and Gail all above Melina. She has proven me nothing except how to botch and get injured, sorry

She also has a hard time coming to terms with the death of the diva division within WWE.

wallyman
09-20-2010, 01:20 AM
well dolph vs kofi good match..kofi lost no more kofi vs ziggles please...dolph vs kaval that b nice....miz vs daniels good match overral predictable...miz needs more ring work imo cuz danielson carried the whole match...mcool is a joke defending wwe thinks the fans are stupid sayin they never recognize mcoool as a co holder but recognize layla as the true champ yet mcool defends and wins the unification titles...shows u what baging taker can get u..then taker vs kane so predictble kane wins over a recuperating taker who ws a vegetative state and needs time to recover good stuff good mtch by 2 veterans....the tag match my god is tag division dead in wwe seriouslu i would of rather had the usos won since drew and cody were geting singles pushes.,,,once hearts got eliminated the rest of the tag teams were joke so i knew it would go to drew and cody....and the main even jericho was gone too soon cena losing was good he put over wade...i just wish cena would stop owning nexus...i also like that sheamus ws left last i wish he would of retain since hes not a legit champ yet...hsnt won the chmpionship legitly or in 1 2 3 pin that he does alone...overall thisis the best ppv wwe has had all year and yes wm sucked only taker vs hbk was a good match...so this card was better...

Robstar
09-20-2010, 01:37 AM
The team of Rhodes and McIntyre seems so last minute, their gimmicks don't really go that well together - I just think they are keeping them in reserve by giving them the tag titles instead of a singles push to keep them happy. And does this mean they'll show up on Raw now? Great! :mad:

Tha Crows Nest
09-20-2010, 02:58 AM
All in all I thought t was a good PPV

Really expected HHH to cost Sheamus his spot to build a match between the two at HIAC but maybe he doesnt feel like coming back yet.

I expected the Miz to wait until after the HIAC match to cash in so wasnt to dissapointed that it didnt happen here and everthing esle was ok also.

CMhuw24
09-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Im just so happy Daniel Bryan won, not only someone who will use the title, but he obviously has the ring talent.
Oh and now the Miz is free to be a real MITB winner, and put fear in champions :D

AceOfSpades
09-20-2010, 10:02 AM
is it just me...but where was The Dudebusters and Hawkins and Archer...i would even have liked to see Gabriel and Slater in the gauntlet rather than the ones who were in it. What about RegalDust? cmon....im happy for the Dashing Chosen Ones but seriously. They are so random...they just started tagging together for like only two weeks. but watever. Satisfied with Randy being Champion although i still think Barrett should have won. but i wont complain. Never had doubt that Kane wouldnt have won. glad he got a clean win over taker as many have been saying. I was torn between Michelle and Melina both being my favorite divas(Melina being #1 and Michelle #2). Melina does need to go down in history since Michelle has already but im not mad. I Love LayCool too so...Miz and DB was a classic story book finish. I loved how much time the built it up with Bryan winning in the end. I am upset with the whole big show and cm punk fiasco...CM Punk should have won here. idk what they have planned for Punk but i mean he's one of the brightest stars on SD well in the whole WWE. He delivered a hell of a promo and lost???? WOW! IMO Punk should be WHC. The Kane/Taker feud should just be a sibling rivalry and could sell on its own w/o the championship but whatever. As for Big Show, I can not stand this gimmick he has. all smiles and jokes. SMH! Kofi and Ziggler, well they always put on a good match no matter how many times they fought each other they always gave 100% and i appreciate that but PLEASE let this be the FINAL time the fight. Let this be Kofi turning point to become a heel. This has dragged on for far toooooo long.

Needless to say this PPV was a good one but it was. It was Good...Just mad Morrison wasnt on the card but its okay. lol

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
The Miz is a bigger star than any of you smarks will ever, and i mean EVER BE. U MAD? p.s randy orton is a tool, punch, punch, kick,kick, rko, that about sums it up U MAD?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
One more thing so called smarks, the big show won because his movie is about to come out......U MAD i'm smarter than you. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

SilverGhost
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
The Miz is a bigger star than any of you smarks will ever, and i mean EVER BE. U MAD? p.s randy orton is a tool, punch, punch, kick,kick, rko, that about sums it up U MAD?

Oh yes....near crying for dropping the title. That is GREAT star power.

Out of 5 stars, this PPV I give it a 3.

djsoulslayer
09-20-2010, 10:49 AM
I was really impressed with the Kane/Undertaker match. I thought it was one of the best matches of Kane's career. As far as the tag team turmoil, I am a little dissappointed that Rhodes and Mcintyre didn't beat the Harts. Instead, they beat Bourne and Henry and we all knew who was gonna win anyway. 6-pack challenge was good. I hated to see Jericho go though. Overall a pretty decent ppv IMO.

Splattered-Dreams
09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
An entertaining PPV, although they could have handled the tag match a bit better. as soon as Drew's music hitt, you knew who the next champions were (anyone who saw SD! can comfirm that) but I was shocked with the Kane win. Undertaker's decimation on SD! was, to me, Kane's final push before he hits midcard again. But, no, Kane just carried on from where he left off. If 'Taker hit that tombstone, I would have been reeady to turn off my TV, considering how little he did all match. But he got decimated. Again.

ALSO: great to see Taker getting a few boos, he's needed this for years, since the Mohammad Hassan days..

eyehatecena
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Did not watch the PPV, read the results, so this is my thoughts based on what I read only

-- Kofi and Ziggler, glad ziggler won, but its time for both of them to move on. Least Ziggler is getting some respect after the Spirit Squad gimmick from years ago.

-- CM Punk and Big Show, Punk should have won, plan and simple.

-- Daniel Bryan and The Miz , WWE did the right thing putting the belt of Danielson, both guys are great talents- Danielson- its no supprise that he is good...Miz...just keeps getting better.

-- The womens/divas unification match-up, well hopefully this will break up Layco ol, I never liked that gimmick(ok, it was alright on NXT) But I still have no idea why they do not put Gail Kim in the title picture, she is sadly just being used to put others over.

-- Kane vs Taker , Kane had to win this one, I like that they are making Undertaker look weak,and I like Undertaker better than Kane, but its getting Kane over more as a heel- normally I do not like some of the feuds to last a reallllly long time, but I hope this one last until WM- with Undertaker slowly getter stronger until then, winning that match

-- The 5 tag team turmoil match-, Usos and Hart Dynasty were the only real teams in it, one of them should have won. [I] would have preffered the Hart Dynasty, but I would have been ok with the USos only just to get them over more

-- The main event- Jericho gone in the very begginging? WTH? Hopefully he is not really gone. WWE are fools if they did not resign him and give him Shawn Michaels/Undertaker like perks. He is/was probally the best wrestlers in ring, on the mic in a very long time. His promos never did sound stupid. But anyways, at least it was not Cena, and at least someone pinned him, glad it was Barrett. Normally I would have hated seeing yet another person cash in their MIB right after a match like this, but after reading the results, I wish Miz would have and won the title. A win over someone like Orten would doe Miz wonders.

Daniel Bryan
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
All in all I thought t was a good PPV

Really expected HHH to cost Sheamus his spot to build a match between the two at HIAC but maybe he doesnt feel like coming back yet.

I expected the Miz to wait until after the HIAC match to cash in so wasnt to dissapointed that it didnt happen here and everthing esle was ok also.

i guess you didnt know but HHH was in physical therapy for a torn muscle about a month ago so he wont be back to wrestling for another 2-3 months probably

but im glad Daniel Bryan won also and im sick of Punk getting mistreated he is losing his main event status and he is one of the best main eventers the WWE has

Tha Crows Nest
09-20-2010, 02:29 PM
i guess you didnt know but HHH was in physical therapy for a torn muscle about a month ago so he wont be back to wrestling for another 2-3 months probably

Thanks I wasn't aware of that. That explains alot to me lol.

All in all I think the Miz should defenitly cash in at HIAC.

I agree that the Tag Turmoil should have been HD, Usos, Dudebusters, GateCrashers, and the Dashingly Sinister. The only good thing about Rhodes and Mcintyre winning is (unlike the vast Majority) I am extremely happy to see McIntyre on Raw each week now. Also do you really think Vince will let "The Chosen One" not be used on RAW so maybe we will get a good tag team fued.

Honestly I never expected Dolph to be the Star of the Spirit Squad but week after week he wins me over more and more. "Hi I'm Dolph Ziggler" trust me Mr. Ziggler everyone knows who you are now!!!

Y2LUUK
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Overall: 7/10

Dolph vs Kofi: better than their match @ Summerslam, I'm glad Dolph retained. I hope the feud is over now, they've competed too much against each other. **3/4

DAMN! WHY NOT LET CM PUNK WIN! JEEZ I was pissed. Match was slow-paced as if they didn't care at all, not too many spots, too short which makes a *3/4 including Punk's promo which was awesome! Big Shows bandana looked ridiculous by the way.

US Title Match: Finally a good US Title Match. Miz convinced me he can wrestle. Bryan winning is a good thing, now WWE can focus on the MITB Briefcase only and Bryan can have some awesome matches for the title, which has a lot more prestige now. Great match ***3/4

Divas: For a divas match, it was okay. Michelle wins, ah what the heck, did not really care. Lumberjills were just too stupid. *3/4

Kane vs Taker: was quite good. Kane retains, which I'm very happy with. I expected a little better from these two, but I'm sure they'll have a better Hell in a Cell Match in two weeks. At least the match covered enough time. ***

Tag Team Turmoil: Still don't get why they don't announce these matches. I liked the idea, it was only way too short. For what it was, **1/2, I had quite some fun. Still wonder why they did not use these teams: Hart Dynasty, Uso's, Dudebusters, Hawkins&Archer and either McIntyre&Rhodes or Santino&Kozlov.

WWE Championship Match:
Jericho eliminated way too soon, horrible dropkick by Cena, but it's new so I should be positive, nice teamwork from Edge & Sheamus, nice exchange of Finishers, Cena eliminated *yay*, Cena & Orton on rampage, Orton eliminates 3 people in total which is way too much. Orton wins NOT OK. Waaaaaaaaaay too much momentum, like he wasn't over enough. Why not Sheamus? Why not Barret? Anyway, it was fun. ***1/4

Verdammung
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Didn't watch it myself, but as far as results go, I suppose my opinions are also kind of tied in with my predictions.

Kingston vs. Ziggler - I prefer Kingston to Ziggler, but they're both respectable wrestlers in my eye and I agree that Ziggler should have won instead of Kingston.

Big Show vs. CM Punk - Like I predicted, Big Show won. Of course, I wanted Punk to win and he probably needed the win as well, but of course my suspicions of the WWE's booking styles held true.

Melina vs. McCool - One of the two predictions I got wrong last night, but as I said before, who cares?

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz - Not a real shocker at all, but now that the good deed is done let's hope WWE shows what Bryan is made of and gets the Miz to the top.

Tag Team Championship - I think a gauntlet match isn't really the best match to put a title on the line, but aside from that, I've seen a few comments from yall that I feel are pretty true. There was no build up, which sucks, and I think that the WWE could have put in some actual tag teams into this match, as opposed to a makeshift Bourne/Henry team. I do give WWE props for recognizing that the division needed to be freshened up a bit and that they gave the titles to a team that was at least forming.

Kane vs. Undertaker - Kane needed to win, Kane won. Simple as that.

6 Pack Challenge - I'm actually surprised that Orton won. Like the poster above me, without the negative feelings, I thought Orton had way too much momentum to actually win the match, not to mention I logically deducted Sheamus to win. Even though I thought Orton shouldn't have won, I'll just enjoy that he did. I just hope he can retain the momentum he has right now and go as a heel so that he can be an unstoppable psycho that RKO's everything that moves, because a face Orton is just mind boggling.

Sondreg
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Been a long time since i enjoyed a PPV from either companies. The Miz proved to me he really is mainevent material. Bryan is quality in the ring but he needs to step it up on the mic and stop making fun of himself (although i loved his shoot on NXT).Maybe it was rushed but it was really suprising to see a lot of talent getting some PPV time on the tag matches. Mcintyre and Rhodes as a tag looks good and i think they are working them into a "dashing" tag team or something in that direction. The 6 pack challenge was also solid, and a perfect time for Randy Orton to run with the title. 7.5/10

merhardt03
09-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Overall it had excellent outcomes compared to other PPVs this year. The tag division is lifeless obviously and there was no buildup but it is what it is. The Punk-Show feud needs to come to an end or go somewhere, don't understand why Show has went over nearly every match if not every lol. Whats next for Show if anything. The Ziggler-Kingston was a great opener n glad to see Zig retain as he looks good in the spotlight. I wish him well. Now lets see where Kofi goes after this. Totally thrilled to the outcome of Miz-Bryan match. Bring life back to the title. Get Bryan some exposure here. Let Miz continue to shine to ME status. Mccool was the most likely outcome. Interested to see where this goes between Lay-Cool. The six-pack challenge was great. Barrett aint ready, good choice WWE. Cenas over exposed to begin with. Sheamus run of a weak champion has gotten old. Edge looks somewhat lost, but do enjoy the GM feud he has going. As fas as Jericho, he shall be missed. He was one of my favorites in WCW a million years ago. He needs the rest for now. What to say about Taker-Kane. Kane is fantastic on the mic these days. Overjoyed he went over at NOC. It wouldnt have made much since to have Taker go over yet. Hoping this goes till Survivor Series yet.