PDA

View Full Version : Technical Wrestler Tournament RD. 1: 4 CM Punk vs. 5 Shelton Benjamin

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
09-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Here we go with our first overall match-up of the tourny and it is a doozy. A lot of similarities between these two guys; Both have an excellent moveset and execute those moves very well, both are athletic, well rounded guys who can basically do it all in the ring, both have had their share of superb matches in their career, and both are actually being/have been woefully misused by the WWE. The last one was kinda a joke...but not really.

My opinion: Although I think Shelton has the better mat-work, Punk has a move-set well over 100 and can execute them all brilliantly. Additionally, I don't think there is anything Benjamin can do in the ring that punk can't do, and I know "success" (i.e. winning championships and thus getting more air time) should have little to nothing to do with this tournament, and perhaps this is being a bit biased, but I have simply seen more matches with Punk in them. He's had more chances to shine, and he's capitalized. Punk wins for me....
...BUT, what's your opinion?

Tha Crows Nest
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Gotta go CM Punk Although it took some of his stuff from ROH and TNA for me to give him the edge. If I would just base it off WWE it would be a little closer but the whole body of work gives Punk the edge.

Razorblade
09-19-2010, 05:34 PM
IMO , just because CM Punk is not a mid carder doesnt mean Shelton Benjamin isnt better than him , in fact i think Benjamin would have made a great main eventer if he was given the push . He was in wwe since 2002 and have more experience than Punk although i admire Punk's skills .The guy has really gr8 moves and had gr8 matches specially against Christian in the TLC main event in late 2009 which i think he should have won the ECW title.

Ruggy
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Benjamin is the better technical wrestler, but what do i know.

Robstar
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
I'd have to go with Benjamin here, not to diss Punk, who I also think highly of

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I'd have to go with Benjamin here, not to diss Punk, who I also think highly of

I agree with you Robstar. My vote is with Benjamin as well. Btw, your siggy is finally showing.

Freaky Styley
09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Though I love punk, he's a little sloppy in the ring (especially in his ROH days). It took me 10 minutes to decide this but I'm gonna go with Shelton

MattElder
09-20-2010, 04:30 AM
i think punk is more martial arts than mat work, And although punk as a large moveset how many of them are difficult to exicute?
Benjamin by far the better in this one

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
i think punk is more martial arts than mat work, And although punk as a large moveset how many of them are difficult to exicute?
Benjamin by far the better in this one

Most of Punk's moves are difficult to execute. If they weren't than everyone would have them in their arsenal. In fact I would actually claim that of the two move-sets, Shelton's is by far the easier to do

Tha Crows Nest
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Most of Punk's moves are difficult to execute. If they weren't than everyone would have them in their arsenal. In fact I would actually claim that of the two move-sets, Shelton's is by far the easier to do

PEPSI PLUNGE!!! PEPSI PLUNGE!!! PEPSI PLUNGE!!! lol

MattElder
09-21-2010, 02:11 AM

No deal, Remembering that shelton as been toned down by the wwe express very few could exicute some of his moves. The hip toss of the top rope against punks bulldog from the corner...... Shelton uses the T-Bone suplex better than most ive seen where as the go to sleep pretty much anybody could do. Punk is al kicks

And with regards to everybody using them in their Arsenal, i mean come on if everybody had the same moveset who would watch wrestling?.....an easy and effetcive move like the pedigree, or snake eyes, spear, walls of jericho (high boston crab), Attitude ajustment where dont ppl use them? its simple each wrestler as a move set that others try to steer clear.