PDA

View Full Version : If every Impact! was as good as 17/02/11...

A1ex197
03-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Just finished watching this weeks RAW and Impact! Now, I don't know if this is due to the mistake of watching RAW first, but, I LOVED this weeks Impact!
The show had everything that I used to love about wrestling shows/entertainment; a brilliant opening segment that later proved to be the best ending sequence that I have seen in a LONG time - kudos to Bully Ray -, entertainment courtesy of Pope and Mr Anderson (first time he's made me laugh), and (now don't flame me for this) a very good Angle-JJ segment!

My point is this: TNA took advantage of the heat surrounding Jeff Hardy's disgraceful antics and produced a show that reminded me of why I used to love wresting way back. If they maintain this level week-after-week, then they could begin to increase their ratings considerably - which means a better for us, the fans, to enjoy :D.

What do you guy's think?

thedominator92
03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
It was more like another mediocre impact and a shitty shitty raw. The longest match on raw was 6min.

A1ex197
03-23-2011, 11:27 AM
It was more like another mediocre impact and a shitty shitty raw. The longest match on raw was 6min.

I really enjoyed Impact! However, I take your point lol. The Hernandez - Morgan "story" is REALLY shit.

Reloval
03-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Just finished watching this weeks RAW and Impact! Now, I don't know if this is due to the mistake of watching RAW first, but, I LOVED this weeks Impact!
The show had everything that I used to love about wrestling shows/entertainment; a brilliant opening segment that later proved to be the best ending sequence that I have seen in a LONG time - kudos to Bully Ray -, entertainment courtesy of Pope and Mr Anderson (first time he's made me laugh), and (now don't flame me for this) a very good Angle-JJ segment!

My point is this: TNA took advantage of the heat surrounding Jeff Hardy's disgraceful antics and produced a show that reminded me of why I used to love wresting way back. If they maintain this level week-after-week, then they could begin to increase their ratings considerably - which means a better for us, the fans, to enjoy :D.

What do you guy's think?

Raw was pretty bad (which sucks as there is only one more before Mania), but if every Impact was like this weeks, I won't even bother DVRing it anymore.

K-Jammin
03-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Both shows are pretty shit i think, and im only watching Smackdown at the moment because of Cody Rhodes

Lowki
03-23-2011, 12:47 PM
You just watched the 17/2 impact? You know it's March now right? lol

I've yet to watch Impact but i have recorded it so ill watch it a bit later.

xAzureSkye
03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Really? i thought it was terrible, they had a 2 minute intergender street fight, a 50 second match where Alissa jobbed the Madison Rayne and the other matches were 'mehh'

Lowki
03-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Just watched up until the Pope segment.
Nearly an hour into it and i've seen an ok segment bomb (as soon as bully ray came out) that included anderson and hogan saying "asshole" 9 times in 2 minutes.
Anderson shouting at Hogan backstage.

AJ and RVD segment.

Alyssa flash being jobbed to Madison Rayne in what can only be described as "botchamania fodder" with the worst "punching" i have ever seen which ended with her hitting her finisher and alyssa sitting up before getting pinned - Made that infamous jackie gayda tag match look like quality grappling tbh.

The pope segment was quite awful.. In 2011 did he really have people mock fat, blind AND disabled people in the space of five minutes? Then to make things work he pulls a freaking knife on okada?!?

Another promo this time with kaz.

Now we head to fortunes locker room to see AJ talking to the world's fastest dresser, Kaz. He has gone from the ring in a suit, to a garage in his underpants to talking to AJ whilst wearing a T-Shirt and jeans. Oh an AJ is sat there topless with a towel..okayyyyy...

Now RVD sounding stoned as usual.

Sigh, repeating Pope segment which can mean only one thing; A kidnapping! Not just a kidnapping, but one done at knife point! Fun, fun. So okada is being tortured by Pope and his hickory stick and here comes Joe to end this.

RVD and Anderson now. So the THIRD promo involving Anderson and RVD within an hour (1 asshole reference).

Beautiful people segment with Winter and Sky arguing about teaming with Angelina (who quite rightly has a cornette face throughout this horrible storyline). Velvet ends it with exactly what i was thinking "What the hell is going on around here?"

The Jarretts now...Well, that was actually good for what it was. On a show filled with promos and segments we actually get a good one, finally.

Immortal segment.

Jarretts call the police.

Gunner, Murphy and Terry match next. We finally get a match and then they minimize it to show some policemen walking backstage..sigh. Oh, blink and you'll miss it..2minutes and it's over.

Aj promo number 4.

Jarretts again with the police.

an Inter gender street fight. What?! Sarita, hernandez and rosita vs Angelina, Winter and Morgan. Angelina and winter come out with some good awful monstrosity she calls a theme song.. sounds like britney but more of a crackhead version. One minute and it's over.. jeez. Interference after the match and Latin Xpac with hernandez bail.

we are at the main event and have had just 4 minutes of wrestling!? This is wrestling indeed. Another short match which ends in another draw between RVD and anderson. Bully Ray beats up Hebner and borash. A nice "old school" backstage fight between AJ and Bully Ray which ends with a powerbomb off the stage onto a table! This segment was actually the best part of the whole show which sucked, bad.To make matters worse they spend 7 minutes showing replays and the aftermath of the powerbomb which means it was only 2minutes shorter than all the wrestling COMBINED tonight.

A solid 9minutes of wrestling..and people wonder why TNA is ridiculed so often.

Moe21
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
The only thing that TNA needs is for creative to take a drug called Chalie Sheen!