PDA

View Full Version : WWE All Stars

Dameduse823
03-21-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIEzG1GYwU

This is a video of most of the roster and their finishers from teh upcoming WWE All Stars game. Now as a fan of teh SVR series I was excited when I heard that a new game would be coming out so soon but after seeing that... Am I wrong to think its all just a bit to cartoony?

BoycottTNA
03-21-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIEzG1GYwU

This is a video of most of the roster and their finishers from teh upcoming WWE All Stars game. Now as a fan of teh SVR series I was excited when I heard that a new game would be coming out so soon but after seeing that... Am I wrong to think its all just a bit to cartoony?

Just watched, either that was done on the cheap or technology has gone back 4 years?

Bodom
03-21-2011, 07:52 PM
It has a bit of an Arcade feel to it. Looks like a fun game.

Iron Ape
03-21-2011, 08:03 PM
It has a bit of an Arcade feel to it. Looks like a fun game.
Exactly. Its exaggerated look and cartoony feel is kind of the whole point. It's a throwback to the arcade-style titles of the 90s.

And the idea that it was done on the cheap is all kinds of silly. I mean, do people not realize the licensing fees and such associated with amassing such a roster? And the mention of the graphics is just as silly. Anyone at all familiar with stylistic choices? A visual choice was made to reflect the nature of the gameplay. Engine-pushing, life-like graphics wouldn't be at all appropriate given this particular project, or even necessary really (as that shouldn't be what makes or breaks a game). People who put so much stock into graphics are only doing themselves a disservice as most of the best games nowadays aren't necessarily top-tier lookers.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
03-21-2011, 08:07 PM
If you guys wanted realistic graphics then you should just buy SVR 2011 and just download some CAW legends.

PrimusSucks
03-21-2011, 09:57 PM
It looks fun, kind of like a more over the top Legends Of Wrestlemania

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-21-2011, 10:15 PM
IPEEINTHESHOWER can't wait to play Andre The Giant vs Ultimate Warrior. As the kids say these days "Its going to be EPIC."

The Brown One
03-22-2011, 12:43 AM
It looks like a way to kill a few minutes.

WWTNA Mark
03-22-2011, 01:20 AM
The game is suppose to be nothing more then a fun arcade game so I don't know why people expected this game to have realistic graphics and other stuff.

The Brown One
03-22-2011, 05:46 AM
The game is suppose to be nothing more then a fun arcade game so I don't know why people expected this game to have realistic graphics and other stuff.

WWE+PG= WWE All Stars.
WWE All Stars=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from kids.

RevolutionIcon
03-22-2011, 06:13 AM
They fucked up Eddie's frog splash, that's a crime.

And Hogan is using the wrong leg.

I shake my head.

PandaMassacre
03-22-2011, 06:55 AM
They over exaggerated all of the moves! I might buy it to see how it is before I judge it. It might end up being loads of fun. ;p

Bodom
03-22-2011, 08:53 AM
The over exaggerations are kinda the whole point of the game.

Tommy Thunder
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
It's supposed to be exaggerated. It's not a sequel to SVR, but rather a spin-off, or a new series altogether. I also think it's aimed towards kids and young teens rather than an older audience.
Looks fun though, but I won't buy it.

Automatic
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm getting me that game, looks like a lot of fun. I like the exaggerations.

samoan619
03-22-2011, 12:15 PM
they didnt do the sleeper or the cobra clutch any justice, they should be able to tap out or choke em till there's a bone crunching snap then pin them.. all the impact from the move is from when they toss em to the side, regardless id give it a try, its supposed to be more like nba jam/nfl blitz more than anything..

thedominator92
03-22-2011, 12:17 PM
the demo was released today. any wrestling game is better than that piece of shit tna put out. worst game i ever bought

Bodom
03-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Just played the demo. The cartoony/arcade graphics are awesome and the controls are simple. Designed to be a fun game and it looks like they succeeded.

Iron Ape
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
the demo was released today. any wrestling game is better than that piece of shit tna put out. worst game i ever bought
I was a little perplexed by how bad it turned out as both Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were working closely with the developers and both of those dudes are supposed to be pretty serious gamers. AJ even went on about how the controls for the old AKI N64 games were the best way to handle a wrestling game, so that gave me quite a bit of hope and optimism. Then the TNA game actually came out...

:(

Bodom
03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I was a little perplexed by how bad it turned out as both Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were working closely with the developers and both of those dudes are supposed to be pretty serious gamers. AJ even went on about how the controls for the old AKI N64 games were the best way to handle a wrestling game, so that gave me quite a bit of hope and optimism. Then the TNA game actually came out...

The lesson here: Don;t get your hopes up for something TNA puts out.

Rich Cranium
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Just played the demo. The cartoony/arcade graphics are awesome and the controls are simple. Designed to be a fun game and it looks like they succeeded.

I rarely play vid games, so would this be simple enough for the casual game player?

Iron Ape
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
The lesson here: Don;t get your hopes up for something TNA puts out.
The way that AJ and Joe were talking, they actually sounded pretty knowledgeable about what worked and what didn't in the wrestling-game genre, and it was presented as if their input was going to be a key factor in how the game was being made. And to be fair, it was the first time I can recall something coming out of TNA that didn't sound like absolute bullshit. But, yeah, I really should have known better.

Bodom
03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
I rarely play vid games, so would this be simple enough for the casual game player?

Ever play any fighting games in an Arcade? They're almost like that. Really simple.

Rich Cranium
03-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Ever play any fighting games in an Arcade? They're almost like that. Really simple.

Yeah, as a kid, my parents used to give me $5 at the mall and say 'get lost' and I would head for the arcade!

thedominator92
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I think it is fun, just not for 60 dollars...

Bodom
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I think it is fun, just not for 60 dollars...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is one of those games that I'd recommend waiting for a serious price drop, or if you have a bunch of games to trade in.

thejman93
03-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I just played the demo and I totally agree with Bodom and dominator; its fun but not 60 bucks fun.

Iron Ape
03-22-2011, 07:24 PM
In this day and age, people are foolish to pay full price for ANY game. I do most of my game shopping online, and Amazon often offers $20 game credits on big new releases which can be used to put towards other purchases. Gold Box deals are great, too (DeBlob 2 just came out a couple of weeks ago, and I scooped it this morning for $20).

Might I suggest you guys check out this place (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11). I glance over the deals there every day, and I'm consistently amazed at all of the amazing games that I can get for cheap. With just a little bit of legwork, you guys will never have to pay more than 50% of standard retail value again. Just being smart and looking around a little has afforded me the opportunity to amass the gaming collection of a rich person. I mean, I've only had my PS3 for 14 months, and I already have 61 games (which drives my girlfriend up a friggin' wall).

Bodom
03-22-2011, 07:28 PM
The only time I'll ever pay full price for a game, is if it's a franchise I already know and love. Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect are perfect examples.

Everything else I either buy online or wait for it to appear in the "Buy 1 get 1 50% off" bin at the Play n Trade.

Iron Ape
03-22-2011, 08:04 PM
My exceptions to not buying full price are brand new first-party Nintendo titles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid). Nintendo games are usually evergreen titles, which means that they consistently sell over the long-term, so it can take years before they drop in price (if ever even at all).

PrimusSucks
03-23-2011, 12:43 AM

I actually had fun with that game, but I got all the way to Jeff Jarrett at the end and god damnit, hard final boss is hard.

thedominator92
03-23-2011, 04:44 AM
I actually had fun with that game, but I got all the way to Jeff Jarrett at the end and god damnit, hard final boss is hard.

I forced myself to have fun with it to. Only because i reserved it two weeks in advance, only for it to be ten dollars the next week :/

PrimusSucks
03-23-2011, 07:20 AM
I forced myself to have fun with it to. Only because i reserved it two weeks in advance, only for it to be ten dollars the next week :/

I wasn't blown away with it, but I had fun beating up juggalos at the beginning.

thedominator92
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I wasn't blown away with it, but I had fun beating up juggalos at the beginning.

They said it was going to be the best wrestling game EVER. Last time TNA pulled that on me

WWTNA Mark
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
The TNA Impact game was fun a little especially with the Ultimate X match and I would't have expected much from it considering the fact that it was TNA's first game but the controls and storymode were just horrible.