PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair, are they using him right?

westy
08-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I am one of Ric Flairs biggest fans. Some wrestlers people love and some they hate. Ric Flair is still going strong at... what 60 and I think how he is being used is just right. He's wrestling still, but not too much. His win, lose in matches is about right and as a heel and stable leader there is none better.

TNA are so lucky to have Flair and I just hope this relationship continues to blossom, he is so funny in his promos.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
i dont think he should be wrestling anymore after the send off he got from wwe he shuld have stayed retired hes great on mic him being leader of fortune will be great as they go along

bellywolves
08-12-2010, 06:32 PM
They are nearly using him in the right way. His promo's over the last couple of months have been amazing. Im still amazed that he can still go in the ring like he can.

RIC FLAIR IS GOD...GOD..!!!!!! lol

Bodom
08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Im fine with them having Ric Flair, but every time he steps into a ring it needs to mean something. Frankly with the way TNA has booked Flair, this viewer just doesn't care and that's sad. Flair just comes off as just another TNA guy

EvolutionG
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I think they are using Flair right as a Mentor and Leader I don't care & won't pay to see him or Hogan wrestle any more

MarcusMiller84
08-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't mind seeing him have A match here and there. Every few months. As long as it's contributing to him putting someone over, which he has.

I think his move to TNA, and his mic work.... been amazing. I like watching him in TNA. I think he puts more into the show than Hogan.

But that's how it's always been, hasn't it ;)

TheExetremeInnovator
08-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Ric Flair has been Amazing in TNA. I think he's wrestling to much though. i think every 3/4 months would be better for him. and i do think it was very good that he put Jay Lethal Over. His Mic Work has Been Awesome!

westy
08-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I agree, having Flair wrestle every 2 or 3 months would be good. If he does wrestle then they should make it into something much bigger, because as Bodom mentioned he isn't just a TNA guys. Not that the TNA guys are bad or anything, but he is a legand, and what he's body can take at 60 is amazing.

I love it when he heads to the top turnbuckle hahaha One day flair will make it, and amaze us all by performing some mental 720 on someone, I know that's what he has in mind :)

Simmonslili
08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I think flair made it off the top turn buckle at Cyber sunday 2005 going against Randy orton. anyways...I like how flair is being used in TNA. It's a great thing to see...he's very interesting...and Im very excited about his faction...fortune!

Angela
08-15-2010, 06:08 PM
I can't say I'm a Flair fan, but yes, I think they are using him the right way. The best way to use him is what he's done before... give him some young(er) guys who can wrestle, then give Flair the mic. If there is one thing I can give Flair credit for is being great on the mic. For instance, AJ.... IMO, can't talk to save his bloody life... so, give him to Flair! And they did... and I think it works for them.

Mikestang
08-16-2010, 01:13 AM
As far as a mentor or faction leader, then yes. Flair is just being crazy ass Flair which is fine by me. Just please stop him from wrestling. Not because he can't do it anymore, but I'm afraid he's gonna break in half after his next failed trip to the top rope.

makaveli
08-19-2010, 02:29 AM
ric flair is a sell out, he told his fans he was retiring, and yet he turned his back on them and is still wrestling, now shawn michales, there's a man with class, he said hes retiring and is staying retired

ric flair is like 80 and is an overrated sellout goof

AGEOFFALL
08-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Flair shouldn't wrestle anymore. he should play a manager/leader role

westy
08-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Flair can't stop because it's in his blood. He would wrestle for free I'm sure. He loves what he does and so does the crowd. Now The Rock is the biggest sell out of them all. What a pop he would get, the cameras would go mad but when he got his first chance to get out of the business he did. Flair is not doing anything wrong, he has no title, he is only putting wrestlers over just as Bisc mentioned in his blog.

WWE need HBK right now, they are lacking big name stars IMO. TNA have them and are using them right. The young guys in the WWE right now just make me wanna zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I used to think Flair was brilliant, but ever since the end of Evolution he was just ruining his name and his repuation, I didn't want him anywhere near TNA but to be fair to his credit he has been absolutely brilliant, some of the promo's he has been cutting have been as good if not better than any other promos in the business this year, however, this is the bit that I'm swayed on, while I love hearing him and what he will say, and lets face it, when he is off on one then he can say just about anything, while I love hearing that, I feel that he takes the spotlight away from the likes of Styles and Beer Money, I know the connection with him will do them good, but sometimes I just want him to step aside and let Robert Roode take centre stage