PDA

View Full Version : MY Wrestlemania card

GoldSpirit
03-20-2011, 02:41 PM
With Wrestlemania right around the corner and all of the complaints, criticisms, and questions I began to think.
If i were in charge of booking for the WWE what would MY Wrestlemania card look like?
Obviously i can't go back in time and change the events of the past few weeks or months, so these will be "cold" matches, meaning "no build-up". Regardless, This is my idea of a great Wrestlemania for 2011.

Dolph Ziggler v John Morrison #1 contenders match
*Both guys KILL it. Unbelievable wrestling. Morrison gets the win. But the feud isnt over. (lead up to a possible three way for the title at next PPV.)

Zack Ryder v Kofi Kingston IC title ladder match
*Ryder wins in spectacular fashion. The IC title just got Ice Z'd. call me.

ADR v Undertaker
*ADR breaks the streak Making him biggest heel ever (and does so by nefarious means. foreign object, interference, et al. whatever it takes.). unbelievable match (on par with HBK's performance last year.) Able to cheat Taker out of his legacy.

Cody Rhodes v Golddust
*A mini civil war. Brother against brother. cody wins, and continues detroying Dustin. Dusty comes for the save, Cody destroys him too. Security called down, dragged out of the arena.

Christian/Edge v Slater/Gabriel tag for titles
*Spotfest. E&C become Tag champs again and put over S&G. Showcase for the youngguys but the vets pull it out. Legitimizes S&G/Corre. Respect is shown by E&C, Corre to the ring to destroy E&C. E&C defend, able to escape but barely.

Rey v Sin Cara (debut) Career v mask
*Luchadore extravaganza. Sin Cara wins, Rey is done. A new era in Lucha wrestling begins in WWE. Clean win.

Lay-cool v Awesome Kong (debut) 2-0n-1
*Kong destroys Lay-Cool. Other Divas come out for the save, Kong continues demolishing them all, Beth Phoenix is out. They battle til officials pull them apart. not a cat fight, a THUNDERCAT fight.

Swagger v Daniel Bryan 30 min Iron man match
*as good as it sounds. Spots and submissions. A wrestling clinic. Wrestle to a near draw. DB wins with seconds left.

Sheamus v HHH No DQ
*Classic HHH PPV performance. The game brings it with sledgehammer in tow. Sheamus equally as brutal. Announce tables destroyed, mat bloodied. Dheamus pulls it out with his viciousness. The game is stunned.

MITB: Evan Bourne, Drew McIntyre, Trent Barreta, Tyler Reks, Tyson Kidd, Ted DiBiase
A chance for the midcarders to shine. DiBiase wins and gets career back on track. MITB needs no explanation. Ted is focused, methodically takes out all challengers. Is hungry for the mainevent.

CM Punk v Miz v Cena v Orton 4 way elimination
*Because I had to use them. Punk wins the title, gives New Nexus clout and legitimacy. Punk takes out miz after Miz takes out both Cena and Orton. Makes Miz look great, Punk uses the tried and true method of"nefarious means" to win the title from Miz.

Now, this is overall probably not the greatest card in the world. When you go through the rosters it's sort of slim picking. This is just a list of matches I think would be good to watch. obviously you have to use your imagination here. It's one thing to read something like this and remark on it, but another to actually see the matches. But anyway, this is for fun. It gave me something to do and I had a good time thinking about these match ups.

what matches would YOU like to see? What outcomes would YOU have for the matches I proposed?
What did I get wrong?

Let's hear from you.

PandaMassacre
03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I think this should be in 'Be The Booker'. I liked some of the matches though. (:

GoldSpirit
03-20-2011, 02:48 PM
probably. But I figure it can be a discussion of this years wrestlemania and it's card. what we'd like to see, what we dont want to see. etc.

I'm not super-hyped by this WM, but it's pretty good overall.
There are some good matches on the card. Rhodes v Rey is one, just cause I think Rhodes will do well and I dig his newest character incarnation.
Taker and HHH will probably be good, I just hope it measures up to last years match with HBK.
I wanna see Miz retain, but I also want to see Rock whoop that candy ass (and win the title if I had it my way.)
ADR and Edge ought to be a good one too. ADR is growing on me, especially after that cage match with Christian.

BoycottTNA
03-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I would make one change to the current card, seeing as he is clearly been cleared to wrestle.

Kofi vs Christian, it's shocking that Kofi is going to get nothing at WM

TheMiz
03-20-2011, 03:06 PM
ridiculous card sorry not even close to wrestlemania caliber

Bodom
03-20-2011, 03:10 PM
If you wish to discuss this years Wrestlemania you can direct it here.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4630-Official-WWE-Wrestlemania-XXVII-Thread-(All-related-content-here)

WWTNA Mark
03-20-2011, 03:20 PM
ridiculous card sorry not even close to wrestlemania caliber

I agree. Why would you have Sin Cara debut in WWE and put his career against Rey Mysterio?