PDA

View Full Version : tna get rid of the tv title

mistertna
03-19-2011, 06:50 PM
well in my eyes the tv title is pointless, to many bad memories, well a memory of the rob terry title run (facepalm) i think now the belts on gunner they should start a fresh, i mean seriously gunner, yes he is a good wrestler from wht iv seen of him in the nwa but why gunner, why not someone more diserving pope, joe, morgan, hernandez, m hardy, crimson was over by feb 3 and put the former champ abyss out, why not him. Hell why not abyss its been over a month and we know hes gonna be back before lockdown because its his hometown. It seems that tna doesnt know wht to do with the belt anymore, so let gunner have a run until after lockdown, have someone come out and retire the tv belt and create a european belt, have an 8 man tournament with gunner, morgan, hernandez, pope, hardy, joe, abyss & crimson, we now know tna cant run with a gimmick belt like the tna tv belt because its never defended on tv, so that rubs out tna hardcore belt, which would be real hard to write for, so bring in a european title, they have a great following in europe so they may as well capitalise on it. Yes there have been great tv champs like abyss and aj and doug and hell even eric young, but they are all put down a notch by the longest reigning tna tv champ of all time, the freak.....ishly bad botchamaniac rob terry.... tna please just start over with a euro belt, maybe in a few years bring back the tv belt and have 2 mid card titles but just make sure its after we all push out the fact that rob terry has been a champion

The Brown One
03-19-2011, 07:41 PM
So you want to solve TNA's problem of a useless belt with another belt? Instead of creating yet another one, why not just start calling it the "Global Title" the next week? It will save time and money. And yes, there are more deserving men that could hold the belt, such as Pope, Abyss, and Samoa Joe, and it could add fire to their feud. I could see them challenging Gunner at a future PPV.

Bodom
03-19-2011, 07:45 PM
They need to just get rid of that thing. Period.

Nobody care's about Booker T's red toy belt and it's taking time away from making the X-Division title mean something again.

The New Guy
03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
The belt lost credibility, and is not even being shown on tv.
They should make a unifying feud between the Heavyweight champion and the tv. That way the new belt will regain all the credibility TNA made them lose :)

steveorton
03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Just destroy Tna altogether, oh sorry I mean the belt, I'm jus sayin...

BoycottTNA
03-19-2011, 07:50 PM
They need to just get rid of that thing. Period.

Nobody care's about Booker T's red toy belt and it's taking time away from making the X-Division title mean something again.

seconded. Unless they have another TV program they do not need

TNA WHC
TNA KOC
TNA KO Tags
TNA Tags
TNA X Division
TNA TV Title

Way too many for two hours of TV, leading to a lack of time to build any story

Iron Ape
03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't know, I think they could make a TV Title cool by having it be the only belt that actually gets defended on Impact (I think they would be smart to relegate the defenses of the other titles to PPVs, as it might actually make those events feel like something other than just an expensive Impact that airs on Sunday).

That silly Knockouts Tag Title needs to go, though.

HCollins-TNA1
03-19-2011, 08:07 PM
seconded. Unless they have another TV program they do not need

TNA WHC
TNA KOC
TNA KO Tags
TNA Tags
TNA X Division
TNA TV Title

Way too many for two hours of TV, leading to a lack of time to build any story

Forgot Eric Youngs world Title!!!!

BoycottTNA
03-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Forgot Eric Youngs world Title!!!!

woops, added to the bin list

el gabo
03-19-2011, 08:35 PM
well in my eyes the tv title is pointless, to many bad memories, well a memory of the rob terry title run (facepalm) i think now the belts on gunner they should start a fresh, i mean seriously gunner, yes he is a good wrestler from wht iv seen of him in the nwa but why gunner, why not someone more diserving pope, joe, morgan, hernandez, m hardy, crimson was over by feb 3 and put the former champ abyss out, why not him. Hell why not abyss its been over a month and we know hes gonna be back before lockdown because its his hometown. It seems that tna doesnt know wht to do with the belt anymore, so let gunner have a run until after lockdown, have someone come out and retire the tv belt and create a european belt, have an 8 man tournament with gunner, morgan, hernandez, pope, hardy, joe, abyss & crimson, we now know tna cant run with a gimmick belt like the tna tv belt because its never defended on tv, so that rubs out tna hardcore belt, which would be real hard to write for, so bring in a european title, they have a great following in europe so they may as well capitalise on it. Yes there have been great tv champs like abyss and aj and doug and hell even eric young, but they are all put down a notch by the longest reigning tna tv champ of all time, the freak.....ishly bad botchamaniac rob terry.... tna please just start over with a euro belt, maybe in a few years bring back the tv belt and have 2 mid card titles but just make sure its after we all push out the fact that rob terry has been a champion

Is this guy Wallyman's cousin?

el gabo
03-19-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't know, I think they could make a TV Title cool by having it be the only belt that actually gets defended on Impact (I think they would be smart to relegate the defenses of the other titles to PPVs, as it might actually make those events feel like something other than just an expensive Impact that airs on Sunday).

KO's can hardly wrestle one on one, imagine doubling it.

BoycottTNA
03-19-2011, 08:40 PM

I grant it could be done, but as Bodom said with the TV Title in the picture it is blocking all of the x Division stars from getting anywhere near TV time. Its a tough choice when you have limited time, they can either showcase the mid-carder with the TV Title or showcase the X Division.

wallyman
03-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Is this guy Wallyman's cousin?

hmm no....but if u gonna keep the belt around at least put it on some 1 fresh and new...giving it to gunner....was good...cuz all those other names are potential main eventers...an i love gunner man...the man is ripped...and if they make him have good matches...he can get over witrh that belt and maybe it can build prestige :)...just saying dont we all want new talent?....but we all get mad or its 2 soon

SevenCagedTigers
03-20-2011, 01:33 AM

Because TNA doesn't use belts to elevate talent, they use belts to highlight new talent.

When Shiek Abdul Bashir first came into the company, he immediately became champion in his division.
Same with Amazing red.
Same with RVD.
Same with Victoria, and Sting.
Someone with better memory can make a list, but the X-division title basically got turned into a hot potato to anyone new in the division.

TNA tries to create the illusion that ALL their roster is great wrestlers, and that there are "no" jobbers, and they do so by making sure that everyone new to the company is made champion. This brands them as being worthy additions to the roster, because they were champions once.

Then they get buried and forgotten, because TNA no longer knows how to build talent - they only know how to tack on titles under the assumption that titles are the only necessary prop towards creating a real champion.

ShockMaster
03-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I think the OP mentioned putting a potential european title on matt hardy...been done before.

the wrestling shade
03-20-2011, 07:07 AM
why not making the TV title the main title on Xplosion or maybe to put the X division there as the main title and make Xplosion the X division playground

UKTNA
03-20-2011, 07:49 AM
i think the belt just need to be put on someone that doesnt suck AJ was good but heel at the time a match between him and joe for the belt a 20 mins back and forth match would be good a good start

evilash
03-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I strongly think that they need to change it into the TNA Hardcore Championship Title. There is no more mainstream hardcore wrestling anymore. If TNA wanna be edgy, have a hardcore division - everyone loves a hardcore match! Plus, they have guys like Mick Foley, Dreamer and RVD from the old ECW, and the Monster Abyss has a crazy persona.

A TV Title just makes me think of WCW's TV Title - which became worthless, ultimately.

clrj3514
03-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I think the TV title could work like the European championship did in WWF. A lower mid-card title BUT, it needs to be defended EVERY week on IMPACT. That's the whole point of it being a TV title. Putting it on young talent isn't a bad thing IF they're deserving. I think TNA's championship picture could be straightened out if these 5 steps are followed:

1. The Knockouts tag titles are axed
2. The Knockouts title feud is built up and the belt is defended at PPVs and 1 or maybe 2 IMPACTs in between.
3. The TV title is defended every week on IMPACT but not at PPVs so it stays exclusive to TV most people have access to. Use the PPV to have a match between 2 guys to be the #1 contendership for the belt. Maybe set up a ranking system like they had for the Heavyweight title. TNA should create this one unlike the one the fans SUPPOSEDLY came up with. This ranking system could work because a build-up isn't nearly as essential for a TV belt as it is for the main strap.
4. The X-Division belt is defended about as often as the Knockouts title.
5. The Heavyweight championship is defend only at PPVs except for VERY rare occasions. Gives the fued build time.

BoycottTNA
03-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I think the TV title could work like the European championship did in WWF. A lower mid-card title BUT, it needs to be defended EVERY week on IMPACT. That's the whole point of it being a TV title. Putting it on young talent isn't a bad thing IF they're deserving. I think TNA's championship picture could be straightened out if these 5 steps are followed:

1. The Knockouts tag titles are axed
2. The Knockouts title feud is built up and the belt is defended at PPVs and 1 or maybe 2 IMPACTs in between.
3. The TV title is defended every week on IMPACT but not at PPVs so it stays exclusive to TV most people have access to. Use the PPV to have a match between 2 guys to be the #1 contendership for the belt. Maybe set up a ranking system like they had for the Heavyweight title. TNA should create this one unlike the one the fans SUPPOSEDLY came up with. This ranking system could work because a build-up isn't nearly as essential for a TV belt as it is for the main strap.
4. The X-Division belt is defended about as often as the Knockouts title.
5. The Heavyweight championship is defend only at PPVs except for VERY rare occasions. Gives the fued build time.

Well thought out sounds pretty good.

To the guy who said Hardcore Title, wouldn't work as nearly as well as it did back in the 90's + Foley/Dreamer really do not need more TV time anymore.

nrb6304
03-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Well thought out sounds pretty good.

To the guy who said Hardcore Title, wouldn't work as nearly as well as it did back in the 90's + Foley/Dreamer really do not need more TV time anymore.

Lets keep Tommy Dreamer OFF of TV period.
Foley? Give him a microphone. THAT'S IT! Please stay out of the ring.

UKTNA
03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
people like Dreamer sting flair kurt hogan should all vist team 3DS school you know maybe train them for a few days you know so other stars other than 3d give advice tips and see which could be in tna which could be a star in the making

Bob Bowman
03-20-2011, 07:51 PM
They should make the TV title just what it is, the TV TITLE!!!!! Defend it on TV and defend the World title on pay per views. Defend the X division title a couple of weeks out of the month as well as the tag team and KO title. The world title should only be defended on TV on special occasions, period. I remeber when WWE only had world title defenses on pay per view and that made that belt prestigous and made fans want to buy the payper view to see what happens. It also gives time to build up storylines. TNA doesn't have the resources to try and copy WWE. What they should do is learn how WWE got to where they are today and that would let them know to plan more, build more, and stop putting crappy storylines out there and to actually produce compelling stories people will actually care about.

KJ PUNK
03-23-2011, 01:38 AM
i've never understood why a 2-hour wrestling program had 90 belts anyway...i thought when WWE had the WWE, IC, European, Hardcore, Women's, Tag Team and Lightweight titles that it was a little much and they had Raw, SD and Sunday Night Heat. So there are too many belts running around TNA.

The Brown One
04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
I myself haven't been too fond of a TV title. I know the point of one is to have it defended on every show, but I think that makes it a title without prestige. I like clrj3514's idea of a ranking system that the FANS WANT. But it MUST be combined with the current champion having a long title reign, so that there can be many different challengers to the title, so the fans won't get bored, and the title will also get more prestige.

HCollins-TNA1
04-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Why not change it name if they isn't going have it defended or at least seen on TV????? That or push it into a major feud over it.....

I think TNA needs to push the title now that it on a valuable young star, as Gunner is with his background in the indys....
Maybe give Samoa Joe an run for the belt, or Kurt Angle, create another respectable Grand slam Champion????

thedag
04-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I strongly think that they need to change it into the TNA Hardcore Championship Title. There is no more mainstream hardcore wrestling anymore. If TNA wanna be edgy, have a hardcore division - everyone loves a hardcore match! Plus, they have guys like Mick Foley, Dreamer and RVD from the old ECW, and the Monster Abyss has a crazy persona.

A TV Title just makes me think of WCW's TV Title - which became worthless, ultimately.

hardcore is dead.

SESAfro
04-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Why not change it name
They did that twice already...I think.

Honestly, they need another show to allow their talent to shine, and give the title some tv time. You guys remember when TNA was only an hour? It feels cluttered like that.

HCollins-TNA1
04-15-2011, 10:16 PM
They did that twice already...I think.

Honestly, they need another show to allow their talent to shine, and give the title some tv time. You guys remember when TNA was only an hour? It feels cluttered like that.

My point is, if it isn't going be defended or the champion at least featured on TV wrestling even in a contenders match, the blet lacks value....
Either show it or change it to fit its purpose!!!!