PDA

View Full Version : tna does wrestling even matter...

wallyman
03-18-2011, 05:56 PM
ok i been a long time wrestling fan...i have watch tna for most of their career...and even today that their product has changed so much from wrestlong to entertaiment it seems that they are doing better...i as a wrestling fan hate this cuz of the short matches and nonsence dqs and finishes that are just insanely retarded...this is what drove me away from wwe and it seems that tna is now doing it as well....so at the end i guess people dont care about wrestling they just care about the drama of a story...and this is speculated because of the jeff hardy situation. tna had like no wrestling on their last episode and here they are. a good rating for their network. how can this be. inst a wrestling show suppose to fail wiht no wrestling.i always thought wwe would get away with it because they are stablished. but tna is doing it as well. and i as a wrestling fan am greatly dissapointed at this.

Rich Cranium
03-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I guess the answer would be that if you want wrestling in itself and not the drama, check out ROH.

SilverGhost
03-18-2011, 06:01 PM
We weren't bashing for no reason. We don't bash out of hate. I am one who wants TNA to be good but as long as they have their ideas the mix of entertainment and action will be there.

Though the wrestling action is still there. Just they gotta focus a bit more on wrestling than entertainment.

thejman93
03-18-2011, 06:02 PM
The majority of fans (people oustside of the IWC) really don't wanna see a 20 minute match between AJ and Joe; they want all of this silliness.

Rich Cranium
03-18-2011, 06:03 PM
We weren't bashing for no reason. We don't bash out of hate. I am one who wants TNA to be good but as long as they have their ideas the mix of entertainment and action will be there.

Though the wrestling action is still there. Just they gotta focus a bit more on wrestling than entertainment.

Even if WWE pulled a main event fiasco like VR, I would be beating them up as well!

SilverGhost
03-18-2011, 06:04 PM
The majority of fans (people oustside of the IWC) really don't wanna see a 20 minute match between AJ and Joe; they want all of this silliness.

Impact Barn People? lol

Even if WWE pulled a main event fiasco like VR, I would be beating them up as well!

Same.

thejman93
03-18-2011, 06:07 PM

That's the thing though, the VR clusterfuck would've never happened in WWE. Sting would've faced RVD and Anderson right then and there.

Rich Cranium
03-18-2011, 06:08 PM
That's the thing though, the VR clusterfuck would've never happened in WWE. Sting would've faced RVD and Anderson right then and there.

And Jeff would have been fired instead of simply 'sent home'.

thejman93
03-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Same.

hahahah

That's another thing; take Impact out of the barn.

thejman93
03-18-2011, 06:10 PM
And Jeff would have been fired instead of simply 'sent home'.

Right. tdfghvf

SilverGhost
03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
I guess I can tell you that you can watch TNA. Since Jeff is out of the way, its like a restart. I just hope that they can keep this ok pace flowing.

UKTNA
03-18-2011, 06:53 PM
id love to see a 20 min match between aj and joe id love to see a 20 min match between dean malenko and kurt i think it could be awesome

6maximum6carnage6
03-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I guess the answer would be that if you want wrestling in itself and not the drama, check out ROH.

The only problem with ROH is their talent get pulled as soon as they really get good by wwe or tna, and they have to quickly build new guys. but ROH is the best in ring wrestling today.

SilverGhost
03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
The only problem with ROH is their talent get pulled as soon as they really get good by wwe or tna, and they have to quickly build new guys. but ROH is the best in ring wrestling today.

Best wrestling does go to ROH, even as the 3rd company out of the major three.

Iron Ape
03-18-2011, 07:27 PM
DQs and run-ins and screwy finishes are going to forever be a part of wrestling, but I think it's high time that some rules be instituted that permanently wipe that stuff from championship matches. Titles should be treated with the utmost respect, and I think that's one area where the actual competition should be the absolute focus. Restore some integrity and value to these things. Let the heels do their shenanigans during exhibitions and regular tv bouts, but make them put up or shut up in strictly one on one matches when it's supposed to matter. Let it feel like a real sport for a change; after all, there's no shame in not being cartoony all of the time.

Rick BoA
03-18-2011, 07:57 PM
TNA has always had creative problems. Remember all of the face/heel turns they always have, and the rediclous ammount of factions?

TNA needs to stop living off of the past and hire new creative people. hell have a contest, make people come up with a 3 month storyline, have them send it in and use it, giving the winner a full time job.

alexrules01
03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
At least with WWE they let you know its entertainment and not try to say they are a wrestling company.

6maximum6carnage6
03-18-2011, 08:30 PM
DQs and run-ins and screwy finishes are going to forever be a part of wrestling, but I think it's high time that some rules be instituted that permanently wipe that stuff from championship matches. Titles should be treated with the utmost respect, and I think that's one area where the actual competition should be the absolute focus. Restore some integrity and value to these things. Let the heels do their shenanigans during exhibitions and regular tv bouts, but make them put up or shut up in strictly one on one matches when it's supposed to matter. Let it feel like a real sport for a change; after all, there's no shame in not being cartoony all of the time.

i feel the same way. the championship bouts should be all about competition.

wallyman
03-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I guess I can tell you that you can watch TNA. Since Jeff is out of the way, its like a restart. I just hope that they can keep this ok pace flowing.

i totally agree with u that after that mess they needed to rewrite everything they had...cuz i am sure jeff was alot in the angles...maybe tna will go in the right direction now i hope...but

Rich Cranium
03-18-2011, 08:38 PM
World title DQ finishes have been a mainstay in wrestling for many years. Ric Flair used to retain his belt on many occasions back in the NWA days by simply tossing an opponent over the top rope which was ruled a DQ in those times.

wallyman
03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Best wrestling does go to ROH, even as the 3rd company out of the major three.

i think if roh ever does get a major tv deal with 2 hours i really think it would b like more script than wrestling simply bcuz drama makes a good match. i am sure u can throw 2 guys and have a a great match...but u also need a build up....and indy wrestling cannot build up a match cuz well no one watches them so...its all about the wrestling :

Rich Cranium
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
i think if roh ever does get a major tv deal with 2 hours i really think it would b like more script than wrestling simply bcuz drama makes a good match. i am sure u can throw 2 guys and have a a great match...but u also need a build up....and indy wrestling cannot build up a match cuz well no one watches them so...its all about the wrestling :

You made a valid point about if they were to get a major TV deal, they would need the soap opera elements to retain a decent viewership.

Iron Ape
03-18-2011, 08:46 PM
i feel the same way. the championship bouts should be all about competition.
Yeah, they need to start having things end in decisive fashion, with only the people directly involved in the match factoring into the outcome. Titles need to start being earned.

johnnyvine
03-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I remember back in the day, that WWF had real good wrestling and people were watching Nitro and their talk fest and short matches.
Then it switched Nitro had the wrestling and WWF had crap.
So it would seem that people really don't want wrestling, but dumb story lines that entertain.
Guess that's why Vince owns a Entertainment company and not a wrestling company.

the wrestling shade
03-19-2011, 03:44 AM
I dont know if you guys noticed but Wrestling has died in TNA since 2009, and now all they are doing right now is sports entertainment. which may I add would kill them after all because the funny thing is they dont know how to do it like WWE does hhhhhhhh

6maximum6carnage6
03-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Yeah, they need to start having things end in decisive fashion, with only the people directly involved in the match factoring into the outcome. Titles need to start being earned.

That would really breath some new life into the business & it's probably one of the smartest things I've read in a while. I would love to see this happen but that would force their writers to think out of the box....

BoycottTNA
03-19-2011, 11:30 AM
TNF/TNP Total Non Finishes/ Total Nonstop Promos.

Wrestling has taken a big hit, but I don't know if anyone else agrees, the Promos in a lrage part add very little to the product in most parts.

SilverGhost
03-19-2011, 11:35 AM
I dont know if you guys noticed but Wrestling has died in TNA since 2009, and now all they are doing right now is sports entertainment. which may I add would kill them after all because the funny thing is they dont know how to do it like WWE does hhhhhhhh

Not really since there are alternatives.

ROH and (for me) NJPW

ROH would be TNA's alternative

steveorton
03-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Wrestling doesn't matter in Tna anymore, once you are former WWE you can join, if you are a druggie you can join, last but most importantly if you can cut the lamest promos ever you can join, I'm jus sayin...