PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy backstage antics.

Rich Cranium
03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
This goes to show not only how incompetent Jeff Hardy is but it also reflects on TNA as well since they had lots of previous knowledge into Jeff's condition: (C&P)

In a follow up from the incident at this past Sunday's TNA Victory Road pay-per-view, when Eric Bischoff entered the ring to change the stipulation for the Sting vs. Jeff Hardy match, he called an audible. Bischoff could be clearly seen saying things to both Hardy and Sting during his in-ring promo. According to TNA sources, Hardy had to be "held up" as he was brought though the gorilla position. Due to his condition before the main event, the call was made to change all main event plans. Hardy was stumbling badly on his way to the ring during his entrance and looked "completely out of it". As reported on Monday, Hardy was sent home by TNA from the iMPACT! TV tapings this week in Orlando, FL.

There are other reports stating that Hardy arrived to the iMPACT! Zone on Sunday way later than he was supposed to and was found laying on his back in a corner of a bathroom backstage. TNA management was frantically trying to find him before the main event. Jeff was nodding off and as noted above, had to be held up on his way to the arena for the main event. Sting was quiet backstage but visibly pissed off. More as we get it.

Bodom
03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
There's no truth to the "bathroom" portion. Clark sourced prowrestling.net and none of Jason Powells reports have said any such thing. Even the one's that he hasn't released yet.

But it doesn't take away that it's hard to have sympathy for this company after all the many red flags through Hardy's career.

Leggo
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Man, it just gets worse and worse the more you read about jeff.

I don't think there is a place for him in wrestling right now.

dres1214
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Man, it just gets worse and worse the more you read about jeff.

I don't think there is a place for him in wrestling right now.

Your right, there isn't a place for him. Not until he gets clean and lives the sober life.

Rich Cranium
03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
There's no truth to the "bathroom" portion. Clark sourced prowrestling.net and none of Jason Powells reports have said any such thing. Even the one's that he hasn't released yet.

But it doesn't take away that it's hard to have sympathy for this company after all the many red flags through Hardy's career.

How does Ryan obtain this? Is he a good friend of Powell?

THEKEVINBRAND
03-16-2011, 02:09 PM
How does Ryan obtain this? Is he a good friend of Powell?

he goes on the site like everyone else and copies and pastes it

Reloval
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
I am looking forward to the Hardy Boy movie coming out. A riviting tale about two brothers who turn the wrestling industry upside down. Amy Winehouse will play to role of Jeff, and Matt is set to be played Noah Munck, who is best known for his role as Gibby on Nickelodeon's iCarly.

Lowki
03-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Clark subscribes to PWI etc and gets the premium content.. btw this isn't his site, it's his friend Franks (the webmaster) but clark does all the "reporting". I guess it's nice to know that he doesn't read the forums and censor people like he does with that facebook crap.

Rich Cranium
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Does Ryan own WrestlingInc?

K-Jammin
03-16-2011, 02:36 PM
It's sad really :/ i think he should take a year or 2 away from wrestling whilst going to rehab that WWE would hopefully pay for and then go back WWE when he's clean, TNA's not helping him at all

GoldSpirit
03-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Jeff needs to go on CELEBRITY REHAB.
Dr. Drew could work his magic and maybe we could get a Jeff Hardy worth watching.
Well, ANY rehab...
It's sad because I KNOW how drug addiction is. And you make excuses for yourself. Everything you do you justify... It dsoesn't matter how fu&$ed up it is. Thats why addicts steal from the people they love, or hurt people... It's a disease. It's hard for the addict to see just how badly he is doing. All that matters is themselves and their addiction. They will do anything, hurt anybody, screw over anyone (including themselves) to keep going. I know how this is, believe me...
But I also know you can get help. Jeff has to want it though.

Maybe this will be Jeff's "rock bottom". They take away Wrestling... unfortunately it seems that it ISN'T the rock bottom. I hate the idea of locking up addicts but Jefff needs to be humbled. Jeff needs to see that he really has screwed his life up.
TNA may have been trying to help Jeff. Give him a reason to do well, but all it did was give him even more excuses to f*$k up.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
I hope that they see what needs to be done. And I hope Jeff gets the treatment he needs. He will die. If this continues HE WILL DIE.
His lawyer needs to just say "Jeff, no more continuances. you need help." and they sentence him. I would hope this wakes him up.
Only time will tell, however.
I really don't want to log on one day and read about Jeff dying from an overdose.

VKM
03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
It's sad really :/ i think he should take a year or 2 away from wrestling whilst going to rehab that WWE would hopefully pay for and then go back WWE when he's clean, TNA's not helping him at all

WWE obviously wasn't helping him either. WWE knew about his addiction as well and when he was in the WWE, he messed up twice! WWE should have sent him to rehab instead of supsending him. Supsending someone won't make them come back clean - It only makes it worse because they just get high on their 60 day supsension. I don't think its good for Jeff Hardy to even come back to wrestling period because if I was WWE or TNA, i wouldn't rehire him because he is unreliable. Even if he did get clean its still a risk because being on that road and traveling changes a person and he might go back to his old ways.

Rich Cranium
03-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Dr. Drew could work his magic and maybe we could get a Jeff Hardy worth watching.
Well, ANY rehab...
It's sad because I KNOW how drug addiction is. And you make excuses for yourself. Everything you do you justify... It dsoesn't matter how fu&$ed up it is. Thats why addicts steal from the people they love, or hurt people... It's a disease. It's hard for the addict to see just how badly he is doing. All that matters is themselves and their addiction. They will do anything, hurt anybody, screw over anyone (including themselves) to keep going. I know how this is, believe me...

Maybe this will be Jeff's "rock bottom". They take away Wrestling... unfortunately it seems that it ISN'T the rock bottom. I hate the idea of locking up addicts but Jefff needs to be humbled. Jeff needs to see that he really has screwed his life up.
TNA may have been trying to help Jeff. Give him a reason to do well, but all it did was give him even more excuses to f*$k up.
I hope that they see what needs to be done. And I hope Jeff gets the treatment he needs. He will die. If this continues HE WILL DIE.
His lawyer needs to just say "Jeff, no more continuances. you need help." and they sentence him. I would hope this wakes him up.
I really don't want to log on one day and read about Jeff dying from an overdose.

Very well said! I know TNA is keeping Jeff off future live events and should just straight out tell him: Your on probation, seek help, straighten up and agree to random drug tests if you truly want to be apart of this company, otherwise, there's the door!

K-Jammin
03-16-2011, 03:15 PM
WWE obviously wasn't helping him either. WWE knew about his addiction as well and when he was in the WWE, he messed up twice! WWE should have sent him to rehab instead of supsending him. Supsending someone won't make them come back clean - It only makes it worse because they just get high on their 60 day supsension. I don't think its good for Jeff Hardy to even come back to wrestling period because if I was WWE or TNA, i wouldn't rehire him because he is unreliable. Even if he did get clean its still a risk because being on that road and traveling changes a person and he might go back to his old ways.

Hmmm maybe so, but im sure WWE would never send out a performer while there high as a kite, i know we have no solid proof that Jeff was high at Victory Road but it's pretty obvious he was, but yeah i agree suspending Jeff for drugs was pointless

VKM
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Hmmm maybe so, but im sure WWE would never send out a performer while there high as a kite, i know we have no solid proof that Jeff was high at Victory Road but it's pretty obvious he was, but yeah i agree suspending Jeff for drugs was pointless

Your right about that though. WWE would never do that. TNA is unprofessional.

Robstar
03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, ANY rehab...

Great post. Your statements are right on the money. Jeff is currently in the midst of what looks like a pity party for himself. He's acting out like a child would and probably projecting the blame and feeling sorry for himself, thinking "why won't someone rescue me?" I'm sorry Jeff old mate, but you gotta do that yourself

Bodom
03-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Cant wait for that returning babyface apology promo by Hardy. Where, Matt will come out to shake his hand, then turn on him.....seconds later

maar13
03-16-2011, 06:46 PM

Not to defend completely the WWE but they tried to help him. Actually that was why he got released the first time ( He rejected rehab adfter his first incident) and even if he is with TNA their policy says he can go to rehab on their money.

At least get your facts right, every employee that get on an incident is offered rehab, after the second one is almost mandatory. That is why Umaga (RIP) got released, he rejected it.

So don't realy try to put half of this on the "EVIL" WWE, they tried to help but you can't help someone who does not want to be helped, same goes with TNA. Is not TNA's fault that Jeff behaves like that but it is their fault to allow him to continue to do so with out any kind of action.

Would you really think Vince would have allowed something like what happened on Sunday? He wold have work around it but never allow something like that crap. Damn Jeff was supposed to get his great push at Wrestlemania 24 but he screwed up and got suspended. The suspension shows you that if you screw up, you lose all you worked so had to achieve. It worked before...not to a flawless extend but it did. Eddie Guerrero was aperfect example, he got suspended, then fired, he lost everythign and then he was good enough to correct his path and became everythign he could be, a good employee, a good husband and a good father. Unfortunately he died 4 years after he corrected all but it made him a legend instead of just an statistic.

If Hardy wants, he can do the same but with the difference of saving his own life in the process, otherwise he would just become an statistic and her daughter would end up with out his father, he should thing about that.

In that situation like I said, at least the WWE tries now, TNA does not even give a crap about it and they don't even realize that they are going down with the guy in the process.

WWTNA Mark
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I am looking forward to the Hardy Boy movie coming out. A riviting tale about two brothers who turn the wrestling industry upside down. Amy Winehouse will play to role of Jeff, and Matt is set to be played Noah Munck, who is best known for his role as Gibby on Nickelodeon's iCarly.

I think you need to stfu. This is no laughing matter. Jeff Hardy is a mess right now and was found laying down in bathroom and you poking fun at him just makes you look pathetic.

Bodom
03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
was found laying down in bathroom

This was completely false. No website with a shred of credibility has been reporting this.

THE_CRIPPLER
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
lets face it Jeff Hardy is sick. but Matt Hardy, Jeffs father and Jeffs wife should be ashamed of there selfs.... They see Jeff dying in front of there eyes and they are not trying to help him, they are condoning and cheering him on...
Tna and WWE is a bussiness, they have multiple employees. Jeff Hardys wife has one husband, Matt has one brother. People blame wrestling and corperations but why isnt the blame on the family and friends that see there downward spiral.
I have 2 brothers and if they were in this kinda shape i make it my point to get them help and use all the members of my family and all there freinds to help.... Matts not doing Jeff any favors by constantly sticking for him and defending him.

Eddie Guerreo was on a bad path, so bad that several of his freinds went to the office and begged them to get him help... Benoit, Malenko and Mysterio are just freinds of his and they went the extra mile to help.... Matt is his blood. TNA wantsto keep employing him, thats fine, stupid but fine but putting him in the main event and not having any punishment for his actions is showing him that its ok to behave the way he is......

This isnt a Wrestler thats addicted to drugs...This is a Son, a Brother, a Father, a Freind and a Husband addicted to drugs... they been around and lost alot of friends and assicoates the same way Jeff is going.. Jeff Hardy doesnt care about wrestling enough to stop using to get back to wrestling. but he cares about his wife and his child and his family enough....Vickie did the same thing with Eddie and it seemed like he was off drugs (to say off steriods im not sure).

BoycottTNA
03-16-2011, 10:43 PM
lets face it Jeff Hardy is sick. but Matt Hardy, Jeffs father and Jeffs wife should be ashamed of there selfs.... They see Jeff dying in front of there eyes and they are not trying to help him, they are condoning and cheering him on...
Tna and WWE is a bussiness, they have multiple employees. Jeff Hardys wife has one husband, Matt has one brother. People blame wrestling and corperations but why isnt the blame on the family and friends that see there downward spiral.
I have 2 brothers and if they were in this kinda shape i make it my point to get them help and use all the members of my family and all there freinds to help.... Matts not doing Jeff any favors by constantly sticking for him and defending him.

Eddie Guerreo was on a bad path, so bad that several of his freinds went to the office and begged them to get him help... Benoit, Malenko and Mysterio are just freinds of his and they went the extra mile to help.... Matt is his blood. TNA wantsto keep employing him, thats fine, stupid but fine but putting him in the main event and not having any punishment for his actions is showing him that its ok to behave the way he is......

This isnt a Wrestler thats addicted to drugs...This is a Son, a Brother, a Father, a Freind and a Husband addicted to drugs... they been around and lost alot of friends and assicoates the same way Jeff is going.. Jeff Hardy doesnt care about wrestling enough to stop using to get back to wrestling. but he cares about his wife and his child and his family enough....Vickie did the same thing with Eddie and it seemed like he was off drugs (to say off steriods im not sure).

Someone needs to remind Jeff of what's important, and show him the newsreel of Benoit (I am not suggesting for one minute this will happen, but i'm sure you get my point)

THE_CRIPPLER
03-16-2011, 10:53 PM
of Course i do..... how drugs (forget steriods) can lead to deep Depression and make you in to something you never wanted to be. your worse night mare and make you do unthinkable acts.....

I was watch Nancy Grace a few years ago when the Benoit thing Broke and i seen Johnny Grudges wife blaming WWE for her husbands death..... Grudge was in WWE for less than a year and he died several years (over 5) after he left the WWE.. She knew he was taking Somas and other Drugs, she would pour him water to take the Muscle relaxers, Somas and Viccoden but she had the nerve to blame WWE.... Why is it a corperations job to watch your family, he is your husband if you sit there and dont try to stop him and condone what he is doing then he wont think he is wrong..... people just love to blame something on a big bussiness so they feel better about them self.

The Brown One
03-16-2011, 11:05 PM

You don't know if they aren't trying to help him or not. Maybe some of them are, and Jeff isn't listening to them. Maybe even his brother is trying to help him, but failing to do so, and acting like things are fine on Twitter.

Iron Ape
03-16-2011, 11:14 PM
You don't know if they aren't trying to help him or not. Maybe some of them are, and Jeff isn't listening to them. Maybe even his brother is trying to help him, but failing to do so, and acting like things are fine on Twitter.
Anyone who has seen Matt's Youtube videos or who has read any of Matt's Tweets can absolutely tell that he is an enabler. You know that video of Jeff flying high at a diner and shooting on CM Punk? Well, what's Matt doing? He certainly isn't frowning upon his brother's course of conduct.

The Brown One
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Anyone who has seen Matt's Youtube videos or who has read any of Matt's Tweets can absolutely tell that he is an enabler. You know that video of Jeff flying high at a diner and shooting on CM Punk? Well, what's Matt doing? He certainly isn't frowning upon his brother's course of conduct.

That video was also quite old, was it not? I'd like to think that Jeff was a bit more stable back then, than he is now. Back then, he used to be clean for most of his matches. Now, hes coming to the ring drugged up, and needs people to carry him to the ring. Matt can't be that heartless, can he?

THE_CRIPPLER
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Yes Matt is in bad shape but notas bad as Jeff...... and i agree with you 100% Jeff is getting worse with matt around cause he is condoning his conduct.... its sad to not care about your own lil brother enough to get him help... what kinda wife and father jeff has? all they wanna do is live off his money..... i know this is a dumb comparison but look at Brittney Spears, her dad took charge and i dont know the reason for it, maybe he cared or he wanted to be famouse and Brittney seems to be in much better shape cause of it.... it wasnt the record labels job, noo its your family to try to set you straight

WWTNA Mark
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Well put dude.

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 11:20 PM

actually they played that as storyline in the 90s with Roadwarrior Hawk.... having him even suicidial......
Another thing Rehab don't help the case half the time.... Only thing that happens the Doctors treats the addiction with more drugs!!!! thus another addiction....

THE_CRIPPLER
03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
That video was also quite old, was it not? I'd like to think that Jeff was a bit more stable back then, than he is now. Back then, he used to be clean for most of his matches. Now, hes coming to the ring drugged up, and needs people to carry him to the ring. Matt can't be that heartless, can he?

it was well after he was found with several illeagle and non prescribed drugs in his home, it was well after he was shown in terrible shape in a bunch of house shows and well after he was reportatly behaving very werid backstage in TNA

WWTNA Mark
03-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I think TNA is the one to blame tbh. They know about his condition yet they still let him compete and books him as World Champion even when he wrestled wasted. I'm surprised he hasn't been suspended or fired by now. That is just bad management right there. TNA needs to grow a pair and discipline him and Matt because i'm not liking where this situation is going.

The Brown One
03-16-2011, 11:37 PM
it was well after he was found with several illeagle and non prescribed drugs in his home, it was well after he was shown in terrible shape in a bunch of house shows and well after he was reportatly behaving very werid backstage in TNA

If this is true, then this is true: Matt is an enabler.

THE_CRIPPLER
03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
If this is true, then this is true: Matt is an enabler.

i just simply think matt and the rest of Jeffs family should try to help him, dont they see what happened to neglected abusers or will they not be happy till Jeff Hary opens a wrestling show with a 10 bell saulte.... this aint a Matt Hardy knock, im not thinking about this as wrestler i like or dont like, but as people.... Matt is just as much to blame as Jeffs dad and Wife.

Iron Ape
03-17-2011, 01:05 AM
It happened sometime after Jeff's feud with Punk, so it's not exactly ancient history. But really, though, time is irrelevant. The point is that Matt is right there in the thick of Jeff's destructive behavior. A person who is genuinely concerned with a loved one's substance abuse issues does not hang out and party with them, as all that does is serve to enable (http://brainz.org/what-enabler/). And downplaying and minimizing said loved one's issues is every bit as bad. Now I'm not saying it makes Matt heartless, as that would imply a bit of malice on Matt's part. I think Matt genuinely loves his brother, so it's more likely that he's just in denial and not ready to accept that he's not protecting his brother so much as he's hurting him.

And I don't see what evidence there is to conclude that Jeff's been clean on the job up until now. Just because someone isn't falling down and being sloppy does not mean that they aren't under the influence, as there are varying states of inebriation. And given Jeff's history and reputation, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that he's been some degree of not sober in the ring before. I mean, lots of talent have been screwed up while in the ring and we've been none the wiser. Just because they're able to function and do their job and keep their problems relatively hidden from the public does not mean that there's still not an issue there and a potential for danger.

Iron Ape
03-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Wasn't there something going around a couple of months back about how Jeff might have been screwed up the night that Ken Nedy got that concussion from Hardy's brutal chairshot?

The Brown One
03-17-2011, 01:10 AM
It happened sometime after Jeff's feud with Punk, so it's not exactly ancient history. But really, though, time is irrelevant. The point is that Matt is right there in the thick of Jeff's destructive behavior. A person who is genuinely concerned with a loved one's substance abuse issues does not hang out and party with them, as all that does is serve to enable (http://brainz.org/what-enabler/). And downplaying and minimizing said loved one's issues is every bit as bad. Now I'm not saying it makes Matt heartless, as that would imply a bit of malice on Matt's part. I think Matt genuinely loves his brother, so it's more likely that he's just in denial and not ready to accept that he's not protecting his brother so much as he's hurting him.

And I don't see what evidence there is to conclude that Jeff's been clean on the job up until now. Just because someone isn't falling down and being sloppy does not mean that they aren't under the influence, as there are varying states of inebriation. And given Jeff's history and reputation, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that he's been some degree of not sober in the ring before. I mean, lots of talent have been screwed up while in the ring and we've been none the wiser. Just because they're able to function and do their job and keep their problems relatively hidden from the public does not mean that there's still not an issue there and a potential for danger.

You make some good points. We can't really tell for sure that Jeff was sober/drunk in his time in the WWE. When he rose to capturing the WWE title in the WWE, he seemed to be normal....well, he played his crazy gimmick well. But maybe he was drunk. Its a tad tough to tell. But his TNA world title run is a little less discrete(I use little less very loosely here). I hope his family supports him through these times, and he gets back into good health.

Robstar
03-17-2011, 01:40 AM
I think it's important to point out that the majority of comments on this thread and subject lately have been in the vein of hoping that Jeff gets help. It's not an issue that is responsive to dissing and I don't think anyone here wants to see Jeff die. At least I hope.

As an identifying addict myself, I know a few ins and outs about this issue. I know that it's true when people suggest that until he wants to get helped and help himself, Jeff is a lost cause. I'm of two minds when it comes to Matt's reaction in public. I don't blame him for 'towing the line' in defense of his brother - to do anything else would jeopardise Jeff's employment and his view among the public - although we all know what's going on.

His actions remind me of Hawk's bad acting during the LOD angle - but there they played it up -no, HAMMED it up - and sadly that's what people think is happening here. This man's life is in danger. He can no longer make healthy decisions for himself and TNA will bear that burden - especially if, god forbid, the worst happens.

Get well Jeff. Please.

BoycottTNA
03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Kurt Angle tweet to Jeff on the News page

Kurt = 100% pure class. simple as, amazing man