PDA

View Full Version : New TNA World Championship belt

Automatic
03-15-2011, 03:30 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/4gp83o.jpg

THANKGOD, because that purple butterfly was a disgrace.

thejman93
03-15-2011, 03:32 PM
I love it!

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Decent 7/10

I prefer the 1st World Heavyweight Championship belt.

Wrestling Rant
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Now thats a championship belt

--Wrestling Rant

Bodom
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Is it just me, or does it kinda look like a UFC belt?

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 04:54 PM

I knew it looked so similar!

It kinda does.

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
How was it presented?

THEKEVINBRAND
03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
How was it presented?

at the tapings last night, spoiler alert....* Sting opens iMPACT and has a new World Heavyweight Title belt. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out. Sting says Hogan and Bischoff have ruined Jeff Hardy. Hogan says it's Hardy's fault. Bully Ray comes out and cuts a promo on Sting. Ray wants to prove himself against Sting. Fortune comes out and AJ Styles says they have Sting's back. Styles slaps Ray. Mr. Anderson interrupts next and wants his rematch. Bischoff proposes Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Ray vs. AJ Styles in a contender's match.

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 05:02 PM
What the hell?

Ray?

stunner422
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I love the belt, I could not stand the look and the color of the "HARDY BELT"

Bodom
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
at the tapings last night, spoiler alert....* Sting opens iMPACT and has a new World Heavyweight Title belt. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out. Sting says Hogan and Bischoff have ruined Jeff Hardy. Hogan says it's Hardy's fault. Bully Ray comes out and cuts a promo on Sting. Ray wants to prove himself against Sting. Fortune comes out and AJ Styles says they have Sting's back. Styles slaps Ray. Mr. Anderson interrupts next and wants his rematch. Bischoff proposes Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Ray vs. AJ Styles in a contender's match.

So basically, he just walked out with the new belt and nobody said anything?. Can't blame them for pretending the Hardy belt never happened.

KayfabeIsDead
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
heres another pic from a diffrent view
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1051/dsc0213ll.jpg

i like it way better than the hardy belt
its kinda like a bling'd out version of the first TNA WHC

Dameduse823
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Much better then the custom hardy belt but why is sting dressed like a bull fighter?

KayfabeIsDead
03-15-2011, 05:29 PM
lmao good 1
he has been since he came back

samoan619
03-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, a title to be proud of... Sting is a class act the way he handled that main event last Sunday.. And im just hoping for bigger things and a new direction for TNA.. It might be time to start up a drug policy for TNA and call it the Hardy Law lol.. Also I like the bullfighter get-up, he got that rock star sgt pepper mike jackson icon look going..

THEKEVINBRAND
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Much better then the custom hardy belt but why is sting dressed like a bull fighter?
olé?

So basically, he just walked out with the new belt and nobody said anything?. Can't blame them for pretending the Hardy belt never happened.
probably commentary will have some story figured out and the spoilers dont provide the lines the wrestlers say probably...

SevenCagedTigers
03-15-2011, 05:48 PM

I like the new Sting man. Ive been saying for months now that Sting's Crow gimmick looked old and outdated in TNA. TNA was trying too hard to relive on past glories, past gimmicks, and past storylines. The Crow thing was cool back in the day because The Crow was a huge part of culture. It was topical, it referenced pop culture in a way that drew crowds. But doing The Crow thing in 2011, after 3 or so failed sequels just wasn't working man.

Paul Heyman famously said that TNA failed to brand its wrestlers. They brought in guys from other companies, and all those guys did was
1) Talk about those other companies
2) Re-use gimmicks and storylines from those other companies
3) and 3, generally not add anything new to attract viewers because they were so focused on dwelling on the past. It didn't help identify TNA as its own brand.

But I like the new Sting with color man. Sting originally had color in WCW, so its like he's going back to his roots without losing his "avenger" feel.

Crow-Sting returned to WCW to dismantle the NWO, for effectively "killing" WCW. This Sting is returning ablaze to dismantle Immortal, which really has turned TNA to shit. Its working for me man.

Personally, this Sting makes TNA worth watching, instead of the embarrassment that was having Jeff Hardy and his phoney belt in the main event.

Lowki
03-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I had some hope until i seen "bully ray comes out..." Why is he in the title picture?!?! Jesus TNA, you make it up to the fans by actually getting rid of the Divas title and now you spring this on me! :'(

clrj3514
03-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Decent 7/10

I prefer the 1st World Heavyweight Championship belt.

Me too, but it's still a HECK of a lot better than that purple thing. I say purple thing because it isn't worthy of being called a championship.

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I am still in disbelief that Ray is even in the title picture.

The Sneakiness
03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Much, much better.

Kind of a mix between the Big Gold Belt and the UFC belts.

THEKEVINBRAND
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM
I just read that our prayers have been answered and they are doing away with the Hardy belt, as long as they dont have a change of plans

wallyman
03-15-2011, 06:44 PM

u gotta b kiddin ur never happy...it always has to look like something my god...

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM
u gotta b kiddin ur never happy...it always has to look like something my god...

It is definitely a better change of scenery! Notice when Mr. Anderson held it, they never changed since they planned to give Hardy the belt back but now that Sting has a proper looking title, maybe Jeff is out of the picture?

samoan619
03-15-2011, 06:49 PM

That's because its his opinion, Why cant he make the observation of what it looks like? This is a forum for all types of different views whether we agree on it or not.. I, for one, am very pleased with the new title.. It looks like something a World Heavyweight champion would wear proudly..

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 06:55 PM
That's because its his opinion, Why cant he make the observation of what it looks like? This is a forum for all types of different views whether we agree on it or not.. I, for one, am very pleased with the new title.. It looks like something a World Heavyweight champion would wear proudly..

Exactly. Usually ex champs keep a replica in their trophy case and I was wondering if Mr. Anderson will do the same with the Hardy belt.

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 06:56 PM

It is a step forward. That belt now looks respectable to wear. Though the prestige is another thing.

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Exactly. Usually ex champs keep a replica in their trophy case and I was wondering if Mr. Anderson will do the same with the Hardy belt.

Hahahahaha no

Bodom
03-15-2011, 06:58 PM

Where did I say that it was a bad thing?

It was merely an observation.

wallyman
03-15-2011, 07:01 PM
It is definitely a better change of scenery! Notice when Mr. Anderson held it, they never changed since they planned to give Hardy the belt back but now that Sting has a proper looking title, maybe Jeff is out of the picture?

jeff got send home and they introduced a new belt...jeff is definitely out...they gave that idiot so many chances and he messes them up

Iron Ape
03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Unfortunately, Wallyman is incredibly insecure and can't accept people not looking through the same kaleidoscope that he does.

Iron Ape
03-15-2011, 07:13 PM
jeff got send home and they introduced a new belt...jeff is definitely out...they gave that idiot so many chances and he messes them up
Wait, you actually think they banged out a brand new title because of what went down at Victory Road? With less than 24 hours notice? Seriously? :confused:

Tommy Thunder
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Wait, you actually think they banged out a brand new title because of what went down at Victory Road? With less than 24 hours notice? Seriously? :confused:

Whoever thinks that needs their head inspected!! A belt takes a lot more time than 24 hours to make!!
They always intended Sting to take the title from Hardy when he returned. Sure the other 'Jeff Hardy Belt' would be kept for Hardy, but I doubt that we'll see that belt for a while now.
The new belt sure is cool though. The WHC in WWE is the best belt in wrestling at the moment IMO, but the new TNA title sure is neat!

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Whoever thinks that needs their head inspected!! A belt takes a lot more time than 24 hours to make!!
They always intended Sting to take the title from Hardy when he returned. Sure the other 'Jeff Hardy Belt' would be kept for Hardy, but I doubt that we'll see that belt for a while now.
The new belt sure is cool though. The WHC in WWE is the best belt in wrestling at the moment IMO, but the new TNA title sure is neat!

Yeah, they have had that belt in lockdown for some time prior to Jeff's match with Sting (no pun intended on using Jeff and lockdown in the same sentence).

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, they have had that belt in lockdown for some time prior to Jeff's match with Sting (no pun intended on using Jeff and lockdown in the same sentence).

I believe this calls for the man, the legend http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn_TNTvhHXA3H3HCSBFevBJttujuxGg vi4TxJus6lYr0Vk_SAx0Q

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I believe this calls for the man, the legend http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn_TNTvhHXA3H3HCSBFevBJttujuxGg vi4TxJus6lYr0Vk_SAx0Q

http://chloeandeddie.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/caa81_0ed3e154-81d2-45ea-bf68-1fa346aaedfd.jpg

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
http://chloeandeddie.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/caa81_0ed3e154-81d2-45ea-bf68-1fa346aaedfd.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJTQDfqBsWaGG4423KomVCmYE589Szz PtJ1Wn51Y2ArDu4_v2K0w

;)

hankamania83
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I love this new belt, I think the TNA part looks a little tacky, they shoulda made a big golden globe or a golden flag but I still think its better than all the WWE titles. Except the World title

THEKEVINBRAND
03-15-2011, 08:42 PM

They were planning on changing the design back when Anderson was the champion, so I guess this was the design made but was put on hold when Jeff won back the title

GoldSpirit
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sure that, as soon as they unveiled the Hardy belt they were like "Crap..." and ordered a new one
I imagine it went down like this:

Eric Bischoff: "yay. Jeff's new belt came! let's open it up and see what we got."
opens box
EB: "..."
Russo: "What the...they must've sent us a new KO's belt by accident. "
Enter Jeff
Jeff: "Aw, sweet man.(nose rub) *sniff* My belt!"
EB: "..."
Russo: "... er"
Jeff "This is PERFECT. Can you believe how AWESOME this is? I'm the best artist EVER! *sniff* ugh ahhh...*sniff* Sweet."
EB: "...."
Russo: "uh..."
Jeff "I'm gunna go show the guys! *sniff*(nose rub)"
EB: "....you do that, CHAMP."
Russo: (facepalm)
EB: "Get me the number of those belt design guys"
beep boop boop beep beep beep boop
EB: "Hey. This is Eric Bischoff"
Belt Guy: "I know... I'm Sorry."
EB: "Ok, we'll take ANYthing as long as it doesn't have a butterfly on it."
Russo: "wow"
EB: "Sh%t"

I , too, thought that Sting looked like the lost Sgt. Pepper's Beatle.
But i dig the new look. Sort of a Phoenix rising from the ashes deal.
But he's wearing more swequins than Delta burke at the emmys.
yowser.

Thank god for the new belt.
Does EY still have the old one?

Iron Ape
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
But he's wearing more swequins than Delta burke at the emmys.
This made me laugh.

Jaitsu
03-15-2011, 08:59 PM
i may be a Jeff Hardy fan, but i gotta say, that is one damn good beautiful belt!

el gabo
03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
It's better than the butterfly but, something about it seems weird...

VKM
03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
I like the new Sting man. Ive been saying for months now that Sting's Crow gimmick looked old and outdated in TNA. TNA was trying too hard to relive on past glories, past gimmicks, and past storylines. The Crow thing was cool back in the day because The Crow was a huge part of culture. It was topical, it referenced pop culture in a way that drew crowds. But doing The Crow thing in 2011, after 3 or so failed sequels just wasn't working man.

Paul Heyman famously said that TNA failed to brand its wrestlers. They brought in guys from other companies, and all those guys did was
1) Talk about those other companies
2) Re-use gimmicks and storylines from those other companies
3) and 3, generally not add anything new to attract viewers because they were so focused on dwelling on the past. It didn't help identify TNA as its own brand.

But I like the new Sting with color man. Sting originally had color in WCW, so its like he's going back to his roots without losing his "avenger" feel.

Crow-Sting returned to WCW to dismantle the NWO, for effectively "killing" WCW. This Sting is returning ablaze to dismantle Immortal, which really has turned TNA to shit. Its working for me man.

Personally, this Sting makes TNA worth watching, instead of the embarrassment that was having Jeff Hardy and his phoney belt in the main event.

your absolutely right about the outfit. Sting needed a change. At first i was skeptical about his outfit but its growing on me. I like it

WWTNA Mark
03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
The belt looks perfect. Better then the original TNA World Title and the butterfly one. Too bad that a man in his 50's is carrying the damn thing.

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
The belt looks perfect. Better then the original TNA World Title and the butterfly one. Too bad that a man in his 50's is carrying the damn thing.

Would you rather have a man in his 50's or a man that is f*ed up on drugs?

Bodom
03-15-2011, 10:55 PM

This is what's called a wrestling dilemma

WWTNA Mark
03-15-2011, 10:58 PM

I would've rather had Mr. Anderson keep it but between Sting and Hardy, I would've gave Hardy the belt. I mean I know he is messed up right now but Sting is in his 50's. Theres no way he should've won the belt. Its a young man's game right now and having Sting win it out of nowhere is just stupid.

THEKEVINBRAND
03-15-2011, 11:11 PM
I'd choose Sting over Hardy any day! I don't care if he's 51, he's in far better condition than Jeff Hardy, Jeff has to realize that his life has taken a new direction in the oast few months and he doesn't see it!

Iron Ape
03-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Dude, where did you get that picture of Cena and Wicket? I didn't even know he was a Star Wars fan.

TheMadThinker
03-15-2011, 11:32 PM

I think TNA really needs to get away from 15 guys coming out and cutting a promo at the same time and these I am so great promos from Hogan/Flair/Bishoff. Whatever story they are trying to push gets lost and it ends up being a total waste of air time. It is like TNA is insecure and feels they need to show all their top talent together at the same time.

wallyman
03-15-2011, 11:38 PM

nope the title was already made u dumb ...it was suppose to be revealed at a major ppv...but since jeff hardy got send home....they speed things up and they started like to erase anything with jeff hardy..makes me think hes done...think logic b4 u use ur sarcasm...or u just look like idiotic ape pickin fleas of another ape

TheMadThinker
03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Just think how pissed Mr. Anderson is that he had to lug that purple monstrosity around in his short title reign.

Bodom
03-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Just think how pissed Mr. Anderson is that he had to lug that purple monstrosity around in his short title reign.

He might have been glad it was short.

WWTNA Mark
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
I'd choose Sting over Hardy any day! I don't care if he's 51, he's in far better condition than Jeff Hardy, Jeff has to realize that his life has taken a new direction in the oast few months and he doesn't see it!

Yeah, because having a 51 year old wrestler that forgets spots and has the World title put on him from out of nowhere is better. In this case, Kevin Nash for WWE championship ya'll!;)

Iron Ape
03-15-2011, 11:58 PM
nope the title was already made u dumb ...it was suppose to be revealed at a major ppv...but since jeff hardy got send home....they speed things up and they started like to erase anything with jeff hardy..makes me think hes done...think logic b4 u use ur sarcasm...or u just look like idiotic ape pickin fleas of another ape
You should seriously consider passing 3rd English before attempting to insult anyone else's intelligence. This whole post is the Auschwitz of communication.

The Brown One
03-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I like the new belt. I like the colour better than the eagle-like TNA belt, but the eagle one had a better design for the faceplate. This sure as hell beats the Immortal one though.

tealc16
03-16-2011, 12:44 AM
You should seriously consider passing 3rd English before attempting to insult anyone else's intelligence. This whole post is the Auschwitz of communication.

Brutal. You just made my day with that

THEKEVINBRAND
03-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Yeah, because having a 51 year old wrestler that forgets spots and has the World title put on him from out of nowhere is better. In this case, Kevin Nash for WWE championship ya'll!;)

what the hell? you think professional wrestling = spotfest? wow! Nash has a legends contract by the way, so he cannot perform at a competitor's level anymore, as for Sting, his knees still hold up and is in far better shape than Nash

thedag
03-16-2011, 03:06 AM

no.

this is from the spoiler. Sting coming to the ring. He says it’s time to take out the trash and introduces a new design for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

thedag
03-16-2011, 03:09 AM
sting jacket is like his old ones he wore in wcw. his new look is a mix of both his old looks.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/sting/43.jpg

WWTNA Mark
03-16-2011, 06:12 AM
what the hell? you think professional wrestling = spotfest? wow! Nash has a legends contract by the way, so he cannot perform at a competitor's level anymore, as for Sting, his knees still hold up and is in far better shape than Nash

First of all, I never said that professional wrestling=spotfest. Don't put words in my mouth. Second of all, all i'm saying is that its stupid to put the TNA World title on a 51 year old that should be retired right now.

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 09:11 AM
The new belt looks good..... Hope they give Jeff back that personal made belt so when the WWE puts him in rehab in Conneciticut, he'll still be champion of the Hospital!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
no.

this is from the spoiler. Sting coming to the ring. He says it’s time to take out the trash and introduces a new design for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Should had a trash can and threw the Jeff Hardy belt in it..... Like Hogan did the old TNA belt......
Hell Eric Young could even find it so when Jeff comes back from jail or rehab he can have a feud ready!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Personally I thing Sting is channeling Porter Wagnor!!!!

KayfabeIsDead
03-19-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.wildcatbelts.com/images/133.%20TNA/tna1.jpg

http://www.wildcatbelts.com/images/133.%20TNA/tna2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aA1M7.jpg

Iron Ape
03-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Looks like someone borrowed Mickie James' bedazzler.

thejman93
03-19-2011, 05:54 PM
The silver lettering looks really cheesey....

thedag
03-19-2011, 05:57 PM
i dont like it. the lettering wrecked it. so far TNA hasn't make a good belt yet.

Robstar
03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Looks like someone borrowed Mickie James' bedazzler.

I would prefer Mickie's Vagazzler myself ;)

Iron Ape
03-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I would prefer Mickie's Vagazzler myself ;)
http://funnynotslutty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/vajazzling2.jpg

Nothing says sexy like an STD from the Silver Surfer.

wallyman
03-19-2011, 06:05 PM

this is not the belt bro...seriously...its not...

thedag
03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
yes it is.

thejman93
03-19-2011, 06:11 PM
yes it is.

The silver looks better in that pic though

ihearvoices
03-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Anything is better then the last Belt they had http://forceofwrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1.jpg

thedag
03-19-2011, 06:15 PM

its the lighting.

thejman93
03-19-2011, 06:16 PM
its the lighting.

ahhhhh, didn't think of that.

wallyman
03-19-2011, 06:21 PM

this one looks more goldish than the other one and it has silver on the side...i guess HD does miracles lol

Automatic
03-19-2011, 06:25 PM
The belt on the first post looks like a cheap rip-off of the belt Sting has.

el gabo
03-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Love the threads tag. I reckon Iron Ape did that.

HCollins-TNA1
03-19-2011, 06:36 PM

Better then the Spinner Belt or the Purple Prince Butterfly Belt of Jeff Hardy.....

WWTNA Mark
03-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I see nothing wrong with the belt. I mean its just a belt and a step up from the purple butterfly trash. All i'm worrying about is if TNA will start to get better because watching TNA is harder then it is.

wallyman
03-19-2011, 06:41 PM
i like the belt because its not so flashy....yet its awesome...

6maximum6carnage6
03-19-2011, 06:43 PM
http://funnynotslutty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/vajazzling2.jpg

Nothing says sexy like an STD from the Silver Surfer.

you crack me up man

WWTNA Mark
03-19-2011, 06:44 PM
you crack me up man

Why am I not surprised? Looking at your sig, I can see your a big pothead.:rolleyes:

ELNIOJR
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Anything is better then the last Belt they had http://forceofwrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1.jpg

This is a Belt Designed for...wait For it...John Cena!
Yabba! :D

WWTNA Mark
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
This is a Belt Designed for...wait For it...John Cena!
Yabba! :D

That explains the orange piece in the belt!

Bodom
03-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Why are there two threads about the new belt.

Robstar
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Because that's how we roll Bodom ;)

The Brown One
03-19-2011, 07:39 PM
IMO the belt looks better than both the Immortal one, and the eagle one that EY used to carry around. The grey title and wording is a nice touch.

GoldSpirit
03-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I, personally, dig the new belt.
And ut looks GREAT on Sting.
I really don't care that the guy is 51. I DO think he needs to drop it to someone like AJ, though.
There are a few guys that deserve a title reign.