PDA

View Full Version : Lost Respect for Sting

FreshPerspective
03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Let me start by saying Sting is one of my two favorite wrestlers of all time (the other being Taker). After seeing Victory Road, i have lost a bit of respect for him though. I am happy that he seems to have not put up with the Jeffro issue, but the simple fact that he will associate himself with a company that willingly and knowingly puts over a strung out piece of trash like Jeff Hardy causes me to lose some respect for Sting. I am not saying he should go to WWE, but he doesnt need to continue to drag his legacy through the mud by working for a trash organization like TNA. I've been a wrestling fan for 20 years and have been angry over alot of BS ala WCW, and even with the E at times. But, i can honnestly say i've never been more pissed-the-fuck-off about a wrestling situation in my entire life!!! TNA owes me some fuckin money, and please Sting PLEASE just get out!! This shit company is no longer worth it. (AJ,Anderson, Joe, Pope, and RVD please for the love of god either boycot this managment, or go somewhere else, all TNA can do for you at this point is effectivly make a joke out of you!!)

jethro
03-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree with you op to certain degree,yes Sting should retire loooong time ago but for some reason right now after the Jeff hardy incident I hope Sting hold the title for a very long time.

My favorite Sting moment was when Jeff Jarrett hit Sting's head with a guitar,and Sting was no sell the guitar smash and proceed to punch Jarrett in the face,Scorpion death lock and became new champion...my favorite Sting moment in TNA.

KayfabeIsDead
03-15-2011, 08:59 AM
it wasnt stings fault that he didnt want to get injured by a drunk/drugged up Hardy
at least he got rid of the divas world title
http://i.imgur.com/w4MJ2.jpg

vbirwin
03-15-2011, 09:00 AM
This was a debacle no doubt and I think TNA Unquestionably handled it very badly. Hardy should have never been sent out to the ring. Having said that, I actually have a lot of admiration for Sting. Under the circumstances he could not have wanted to go out there but being a professional he did what he was required to do. I think it will be very interesting what Sting and TNA do from here. If TNA apologizes and gets rid of Hardy I'll at least give them a bit of respect. If they don't I'll be interested to see how Sting and many others react.

FreshPerspective
03-15-2011, 09:08 AM
dont get me wrong, i respect sting for goin on with what he was paid to do, but why even put yourself through this.. I hade egos in wrrestling, but for once, STING PLAY THE EGO CARD.... YOUR FUCKING STING!! YOU DO NOT NEED THIS BS, alot of the TNA roster need to stand up and put an end to this BS

Absolutely PERFECT!
03-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Seriously. Even the 'E' got rid of HBK when he was in similar shape. And lets face it. Hardy is no Shawn.

Please. I do not need a history lesson on what exactly led to Shawns 4 year absence. I believe he was politically removed becauuse the buys were tired if his behavior.

KayfabeIsDead
03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
again i dont believe sting was the problem in that situation
hardy was messed up the back office should have pulled him and
made it a 3 way with anderson and r.v.d but they went ahead with the plan
which was a bad idea and blaming sting's ego for making it worse
is bull..hardy could have took him up and sting could have took a bad spot
from hardy being so wrecked and seriously injured himself at hardys hands
it was a no win situation which i dont blame sting for one bit

Finally..
03-15-2011, 10:46 AM
yeah. the ppl in the back making the decisions are the ones to blame for the shit main event. they didnt want to pull jeff off the match so sting was just being a professional and did what he was supposed to do. hardy is an idiot.

Lowki
03-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Seriously. Even the 'E' got rid of HBK when he was in similar shape. And lets face it. Hardy is no Shawn.

Please. I do not need a history lesson on what exactly led to Shawns 4 year absence. I believe he was politically removed becauuse the buys were tired if his behavior.

Even HBK believes this was the reason for his original abscence. He "found god" and returned, built his legacy and is now Hall of Fame. He's always said that he went off the rails etc.
To the OP to an extent i agree, but i also gained more respect for the guy for "screwing over" Hardy. He clearly tries kicking out but Sting made sure he didn't. A guy like Sting would have had some harsh words for those in charge i bet.

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Honestly Im not upset with Sting im just Sad That this is the company he may end his career with and if thats true thats very Disappointing...People here bitch and moan how he shouldn't Go to WWE but look at it now...I would prefer sting go anywhere over TNa right now...Sting just keep picking the Wrong companies to Be under First WCW now TNA...Really he only has a few more Years left and he will be done what kind of legacy will he be leaving? he should of Made that call to WWE and end his last few years in the ring off Right and on top...Not like this

Nay_Than
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
My favorite Sting moment was when Jeff Jarrett hit Sting's head with a guitar,and Sting was no sell the guitar smash and proceed to punch Jarrett in the face,Scorpion death lock and became new champion...my favorite Sting moment in TNA.

Link the video :P

SevenCagedTigers
03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
it wasnt stings fault that he didnt want to get injured by a drunk/drugged up Hardy

True. Doesn't that in itself make Sting's presence in TNA worth it? I mean, one could make the argument that Sting is loyal to wrestling as a whole for being quite possibly the last remaining good influence in TNA. Even Angle seems to have lost his way in this tasteless plot he's caught in.

Sure everyone has been upset with Hardy getting continued opportunities in TNA despite having pending legal issues, but with Sting bringing in a new title, perhaps this means that he can single-handedly bring prestige back to being a World Title holder in TNA. I think we should give it a chance.

Bodom
03-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Is that the new title?

Looks pretty good.

Nay_Than
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Is that the new title?

Looks pretty good.

I agree... Looks like TNA did something right

maar13
03-15-2011, 01:38 PM
I really don't know how someone can lost respect for Sting, seriously the guy got in and did his job, even when it was going to look like crap.

I mean you can blame Hardy if you will but more than anythign blame management, seriously couldn't just grab 4 guys from the back a make it a clusterfuck? I mean that would have been way better.

But Sting went out there, put up with this bs and did what he had to do, them respectfully left because he saw the disgrace it was.

TNA is not shit company, Is a growing company, theyhave a lot to learn...I am not defending them, the made a Huge mistake but they need to learn from this, otherwise they are going to end up with no sponsors or TV timeslot, Panda energy resources can't last forever.

SevenCagedTigers
03-15-2011, 01:48 PM
dont get me wrong, i respect sting for goin on with what he was paid to do, but why even put yourself through this.. I hade egos in wrrestling, but for once, STING PLAY THE EGO CARD.... YOUR FUCKING STING!! YOU DO NOT NEED THIS BS, alot of the TNA roster need to stand up and put an end to this BS

How is Sting playing the ego card? Sting was billed to perform against Hardy that day, so he did the least he could do and he performed against Hardy. In the end, Hardy was humiliated, and only Hardy's own name value is what dropped. You can't be upset with Sting for squashing someone undeserving for a spot in the main event. Even Sting was upset about it.

SevenCagedTigers
03-15-2011, 01:59 PM
You know what's really sad about all this? That this all happened a week after Sting cut a promo with Jeff Hardy telling him, you could be one of the greatest, if you got your act together.

"New TNA champion Sting comes out and cuts a promo, saying that it's no secret he had other offers, but he is loyal to TNA as they are his brand. He starts getting emotional and says that he respects Jeff Hardy but Hardy made the wrong choices."

skanky
03-15-2011, 01:59 PM
just curious, how many years does a company have to be in business before people stop saying they are a growing company? i hear alot of people say stuff like young company, growing company, it takes time. Hasnt it already been 9 yrs?

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I really don't know how someone can lost respect for Sting, seriously the guy got in and did his job, even when it was going to look like crap.

I mean you can blame Hardy if you will but more than anythign blame management, seriously couldn't just grab 4 guys from the back a make it a clusterfuck? I mean that would have been way better.

But Sting went out there, put up with this bs and did what he had to do, them respectfully left because he saw the disgrace it was.

TNA is not shit company, Is a growing company, theyhave a lot to learn...I am not defending them, the made a Huge mistake but they need to learn from this, otherwise they are going to end up with no sponsors or TV timeslot, Panda energy resources can't last forever.

i think the whole point being made is that The Fact he puts his name and wrestle For this Company That has been making poor Business And Health Choices, Makes one lose Respect for Sting and i agree.

Rich Cranium
03-15-2011, 02:10 PM

When did that happen? That is a nice looking belt!

thejman93
03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
When did that happen?

Apparenty at the Impact taping last night.

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
True. Doesn't that in itself make Sting's presence in TNA worth it? I mean, one could make the argument that Sting is loyal to wrestling as a whole for being quite possibly the last remaining good influence in TNA. Even Angle seems to have lost his way in this tasteless plot he's caught in.

Sure everyone has been upset with Hardy getting continued opportunities in TNA despite having pending legal issues, but with Sting bringing in a new title, perhaps this means that he can single-handedly bring prestige back to being a World Title holder in TNA. I think we should give it a chance.

Honestly a New title Look and putting the belt on a man like Sting is Going in the right direction but at the same time TNa has shown us all you can have some of the best Wrestlers but it means nothing if Booking Sucks. So TNa will have to get better Storylines and push the right guys and help improve mic skills of alot of their talent. For Tna to be taken serious again it will take more then Sting and Even Angle...its going to take Everyone Involved in the company to step their Game up. Idk if any of you guys ever saw the "Rise and Fall of WCW" but in it alot of wrestlers spoke on how The Main Reason WCw failed was because Eric Was more focus on Beating Vince week after week and putting Vince out of business then building a Wrestling Company. And i honestly Feel This is The Direction TNa has been going since Eric ANd hogan joined.

VKM
03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Honestly Im not upset with Sting im just Sad That this is the company he may end his career with and if thats true thats very Disappointing...People here bitch and moan how he shouldn't Go to WWE but look at it now...I would prefer sting go anywhere over TNa right now...Sting just keep picking the Wrong companies to Be under First WCW now TNA...Really he only has a few more Years left and he will be done what kind of legacy will he be leaving? he should of Made that call to WWE and end his last few years in the ring off Right and on top...Not like this

Smirk. You must not know enough about Sting do you? Sting is the biggest wrestler to have never been in WWE. Sting could retire right now and his legacy would not be diminished because he is STING! At the beginning and middle of WCW, WCW wasn't bad at all. WCW are the people who made Sting. Its immposible to say that if Sting never went into WCW and went to WWE instead he would have done better because who knows how WWE would have utilized. Sting could have been another doink the clown for all we known. Even when Undertaker first came to the WWF, he was afraid that WWE would have him hatch out of an egg at Survivor Series and have some dumb gimmick. Sting being in WCW, was the right choice.

Also, if Sting went to WWE after the fall WCW, its a strong posibility that he would have ended up being like all of the other WCW wrestlers who went there. None of the WCW wrestlers that went to WWE after the fall of WCW made an impact in WWE and thats a fact. Sting's legacy will always be with WCW and thats because in WCW, Sting was at his prime! His prime! In TNA, Sting is way past his prime! Sting's legacy is his time in WCW and will forever always be. Any true Sting fan would know that.

imswm
03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
This was a debacle no doubt and I think TNA Unquestionably handled it very badly. Hardy should have never been sent out to the ring. Having said that, I actually have a lot of admiration for Sting. Under the circumstances he could not have wanted to go out there but being a professional he did what he was required to do. I think it will be very interesting what Sting and TNA do from here. If TNA apologizes and gets rid of Hardy I'll at least give them a bit of respect. If they don't I'll be interested to see how Sting and many others react.

It was no-win. They promised him in a main event, so had they NOT sent him out there, a bunch of people would have been screaming "bait and switch." Even the "everyone deserves a second chance" people have to see Jeff was already given one and they should figure out a way to write off the loss yet prevent him from going elsewhere. There seems to be all sorts of unconstitutional crap in no-compete clauses, so it seems at least a possibility they can limit his movement...though at this point, it's hard to beleve Vince wants the same headaches.

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Smirk. You must not know enough about Sting do you? Sting is the biggest wrestler to have never been in WWE. Sting could retire right now and his legacy would not be diminished because he is STING! At the beginning and middle of WCW, WCW wasn't bad at all. WCW are the people who made Sting. Its immposible to say that if Sting never went into WCW and went to WWE instead he would have done better because who knows how WWE would have utilized. Sting could have been another doink the clown for all we known. Even when Undertaker first came to the WWF, he was afraid that WWE would have him hatch out of an egg at Survivor Series and have some dumb gimmick. Sting being in WCW, was the right choice.

Also, if Sting went to WWE after the fall WCW, its a strong posibility that he would have ended up being like all of the other WCW wrestlers who went there. None of the WCW wrestlers that went to WWE after the fall of WCW made an impact in WWE and thats a fact. Sting's legacy will always be with WCW and thats because in WCW, Sting was at his prime! His prime! In TNA, Sting is way past his prime! Sting's legacy is his time in WCW and will forever always be. Any true Sting fan would know that.

Thank you for all that but the point i was getting across is Any die hard Sting fan should feel disappointed like Really is this how you want to remember Sting last? its like hogan after a while of putting his name next to bs.. wrestling fans begin to just think different of him so you barely hear anything good it mostly damm i remember in the old days when hogan...etc and i would hate TNa to destroy Sting in that way where his match aint on point his storyline sucks...and one day we turn around and Speak on sting like i remember back in WCW Sting....etc so i say sting you get out asap when his contract is up he can still make something out his last few years he got in the ring

VKM
03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Thank you for all that but the point i was getting across is Any die hard Sting fan should feel disappointed like Really is this how you want to remember Sting last? its like hogan after a while of putting his name next to bs.. wrestling fans begin to just think different of him so you barely hear anything good it mostly damm i remember in the old days when hogan...etc and i would hate TNa to destroy Sting in that way where his match aint on point his storyline sucks...and one day we turn around and Speak on sting like i remember back in WCW Sting....etc so i say sting you get out asap when his contract is up he can still make something out his last few years he got in the ring

But this is my point, i feel disapointed that Sting hasn't retired yet. I am a die hard Sting fan. He was my first favorite wrestler. Whether Sting goes to WWE or stay in TNA doesn't matter because either way IMO, I will still disapointed. I don't want to see Sting wrestle anymore. When Sting wrestles, it just hurts me to see it because he is just a shell of his former self. I look at the Sting back in 1998 and I'm like man that 1998 sting was much better. So my point is that if Sting goes to WWE and wrestles, I will be disapointed because I know that he cannot give a good match like he use to. I just want him to get inducted into the hall of fame and thats it!

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
But this is my point, i feel disapointed that Sting hasn't retired yet. I am a die hard Sting fan. He was my first favorite wrestler. Whether Sting goes to WWE or stay in TNA doesn't matter because either way IMO, I will still disapointed. I don't want to see Sting wrestle anymore. When Sting wrestles, it just hurts me to see it because he is just a shell of his former self. I look at the Sting back in 1998 and I'm like man that 1998 sting was much better. So my point is that if Sting goes to WWE and wrestles, I will be disapointed because I know that he cannot give a good match like he use to. I just want him to get inducted into the hall of fame and thats it!

I agree but i think he deserve a good Send off and i honestly Dont See TNa being able to do that...The only thing they can do is give him a classic match Against Angle but again it wont really mean much compared to a WM PPV in front of thousand and see by millions i think he deserve that much...That would be a nice send off and straight into the hall of fame