PDA

View Full Version : What is really missing in TNA???

HCollins-TNA1
03-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Was thinking the past 2 or 3 days......
Thinking what WWF/WWE had and NWA/WCW had!!!!! and what TNA really needs.....
Thus what they all had was and still do have is..... a Superhero type character..... In the 80s it was Hogan and Warrior, the 90s you had Triple H, Rock and Austin, 2000s on to now Cena, and Orton in the WWF/WWE.... In NWA you had Magnum TA and Dusty Rhodes and Nikita Koloff in the 80s, the 90s they had Sting, DDP and Goldberg.....

TNA has failed to really make that one superhero like character who is always there and always ready for a good fight!!!!

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 12:21 AM
-insertswittycommenthereonTNAcopyingWWE-

HCollins-TNA1
03-15-2011, 12:24 AM
-insertswittycommenthereonTNAcopyingWWE-

how can that be copying?????? wrestling always has had a superhero like character!!!!! someone who rose to the challenge to fight top heel, someone that can be the face of TNA!!!!

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 12:27 AM
how can that be copying?????? wrestling always has had a superhero like character!!!!! someone who rose to the challenge to fight top heel, someone that can be the face of TNA!!!!

Doesn't TNA have AJ and Kurt?

I swear you aren't looking at things entirely.

HCollins-TNA1
03-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Doesn't TNA have AJ and Kurt?

I swear you aren't looking at things entirely.

They do, but look how they are used!!!!
AJ one year he's the champ..... the next year he's a lacky to the champ..... So I don't know AJ meets that role???
Kurt if he stays in TNA, he would be a good choice, plus he has the wrestling skills and atheltic ability to do things you wouldn't expect......
But really they need to build that one guy, someone new maybe to be the face/superhero of TNA....

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 12:37 AM
AJ one year he's the champ..... the next year he's a lacky to the champ..... So I don't know AJ meets that role???
Kurt if he stays in TNA, he would be a good choice, plus he has the wrestling skills and atheltic ability to do things you wouldn't expect......
But really they need to build that one guy, someone new maybe to be the face/superhero of TNA....

Finally! Some insight!

willos19991
03-15-2011, 12:42 AM
are we still talking about tna, i though that people werent going to talk about tna after what happened on the ppv, well you were talking about nwa, well it still exist and is better than tna go check them out is call nwa hollywood

wallyman
03-15-2011, 12:56 AM

aj chasin the title would be like cena chasin the title...it will get annoying and repetitive...in my opinion he can have nice feuds which i am liking rihght now with matt hardy...

HCollins-TNA1
03-15-2011, 01:02 AM
are we still talking about tna, i though that people werent going to talk about tna after what happened on the ppv, well you were talking about nwa, well it still exist and is better than tna go check them out is call nwa hollywood

Agree I watch that as well as many other NWA promotions..... NWA Mountain State, Smokey Mountain and etc.....

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 01:09 AM
I get what HCollins-TNA1 is saying like lets say someone who hasn't been following TNa Turned on impact you wouldnt know who played the Face/superhero role...I mean you wouldnt even know Who was the Face of the company...But if you look at Raw at the end of the show you would know that FAce/superhero Role is played by Cena... TNa needs to pick 1 guy to be the Face of their company cause right now i watch impact and i still dont know who really is the face of the company it looks like Jeff but hes a heel it makes no type of sense

wallyman
03-15-2011, 01:10 AM

i do check it out...and it sucks bro....

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 01:16 AM
i do check it out...and it sucks bro....

I have went to an NWA Hollywood show. I am kinda in the middle. I like the ring action but hate the VIPs.

TheMadThinker
03-15-2011, 01:23 AM
I get what HCollins-TNA1 is saying like lets say someone who hasn't been following TNa Turned on impact you wouldnt know who played the Face/superhero role...I mean you wouldnt even know Who was the Face of the company...But if you look at Raw at the end of the show you would know that FAce/superhero Role is played by Cena... TNa needs to pick 1 guy to be the Face of their company cause right now i watch impact and i still dont know who really is the face of the company it looks like Jeff but hes a heel it makes no type of sense

TNA is like many other companies in the US. Management does not know what to do with their worst employees and are afraid to fire them so they get promoted. It happens more than you think.

willos19991
03-15-2011, 01:27 AM
I have went to an NWA Hollywood show. I am kinda in the middle. I like the ring action but hate the VIPs.

what do you mean the vips, what i like about nwa hollywood is that its whats suppose to be, it has storylines, it has the super baby face, and the heel stable, and it has good wrestling

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 01:29 AM
TNA is like many other companies in the US. Management does not know what to do with their worst employees and are afraid to fire them so they get promoted. It happens more than you think.

True but they need to Push One of their Talent and put him As the Front Runner like WWE Did CEna And WCW Did Goldberg At one time. Every Company HAs that guy. TNa has yet to do so alot of fans Say that guy is AJ Styles but if you watch TNA Tv Program you wouldn't Even agree with that Statement/

SilverGhost
03-15-2011, 01:32 AM
what do you mean the vips, what i like about nwa hollywood is that its whats suppose to be, it has storylines, it has the super baby face, and the heel stable, and it has good wrestling

The VIPs are kids and other people that don't have a clue in wrestling.

TheMadThinker
03-15-2011, 01:33 AM
True but they need to Push One of their Talent and put him As the Front Runner like WWE Did CEna And WCW Did Goldberg At one time. Every Company HAs that guy. TNa has yet to do so alot of fans Say that guy is AJ Styles but if you watch TNA Tv Program you wouldn't Even agree with that Statement/

Yeah, TNA is a bag of mixed nuts. I can honestly say after seeing Velvet's thong on last week’s impact zone I turned the channel because I knew that was as good as it was going to get.

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Yeah, TNA is a bag of mixed nuts. I can honestly say after seeing Velvet's thong on last week’s impact zone I turned the channel because I knew that was as good as it was going to get.

Honestly The only Thing That Keeping The company from Going out of business Tomorrow is The Knockouts and TagTeam i can say TNa has been Doing good with that but their Main Eventers and everything else has been Sucking.

ryanator
03-15-2011, 01:41 AM
missing stability & originality.
was original. team hogan & bischoff kicked that out.

Bodom
03-15-2011, 01:47 AM

It's that "we're all one big happy family" mentality that Dixie has.

TheMadThinker
03-15-2011, 01:52 AM

Yes, many people equate nonjudgmental management to good management and in my opinion this is not the case. Some of the worst hell holes I have worked at are where people could get away with anything.

THEKEVINBRAND
03-15-2011, 02:05 AM
I think that NWA Hollywood is too low budget, but looks like it could become credible, but right now all TNA needs is to straighten out Jeff Hardy and to get out of Orlando ASAP!

ihearvoices
03-15-2011, 02:09 AM

ANd They will Be one Broke "Big Happy Family" In a few years if they keep this up

Bodom
03-15-2011, 02:22 AM
Yes, many people equate nonjudgmental management to good management and in my opinion this is not the case. Some of the worst hell holes I have worked at are where people could get away with anything.

Dixie needs to learn that this is a business. You don't make money by being "nice".

Just ask Vince.

MattElder
03-15-2011, 06:25 AM
For me Theres a couple of problems.
1. They are cramming to many guys into stable it happened with NWO, Anyguy seen taking a piss was invited into the stable and now there doin it with immortal, whats there roles? Rob Terry is an inforcer but whats the deal with the rest? stick with 4 in a stable 5 tops and things will look up straight away.

2. There is no focus on anything else. I mean what other fueds is there in TNA at minute? Joe and Pope does anybody even know why these two are at it? they get 5 minutes on a show to do what? Pope is supposed to be an heel but trying to come across as a bad ass face? They seriously need to spend more time devolping other fueds. I thought the bully ray and devon fued was looking good but that looks like its fizzaled out too!

TNA JUST START AGAIN!!! AJ is your number1 face so give him the strap back! put a storyline together which makes it look like he's crossed burning rivers and climbed mountains to give the company some credability. Keep him in fortune it will still work

rant over

Absolutely PERFECT!
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I see where you are coming from and agree but with one other problem.
1. Christian could have been that guy. As he took on Super heel of the organization Jeff Jarrett and had the fan support that he proves to still have today. He very much was/is the Dusty/DDP of his time. The under dog we love to cheer. Imagine what TNA would be like if he never left.
2. Simple. TNA needs leadership. WWE has corporate leadership but they also have locker room leadership. They police their own. Down the the locker room trials. And as a few fellow vets will tell you.....barracks leadership is what keeps the military in line and moving. If the TNA locker room threw a 'blanket part' on Jeff Hardy. His ass would be self removed from being wrapped around his head or he would quit.. Either way theyd be better off.

Tommy Thunder
03-15-2011, 10:32 AM
What's missing in TNA? Someone who knows how to run a wrestling company at the helm. That's what's missing!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I see where you are coming from and agree but with one other problem.
1. Christian could have been that guy. As he took on Super heel of the organization Jeff Jarrett and had the fan support that he proves to still have today. He very much was/is the Dusty/DDP of his time. The under dog we love to cheer. Imagine what TNA would be like if he never left.
2. Simple. TNA needs leadership. WWE has corporate leadership but they also have locker room leadership. They police their own. Down the the locker room trials. And as a few fellow vets will tell you.....barracks leadership is what keeps the military in line and moving. If the TNA locker room threw a 'blanket part' on Jeff Hardy. His ass would be self removed from being wrapped around his head or he would quit.. Either way theyd be better off.

Just like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8

ShockMaster
03-15-2011, 10:37 AM
What is really missing in tna??

Good writers, talent with mic skills.

Whats being used too much in tna???

Faction fucking storylines controlling EVERYTHING....again, russo hogan and bitchoff.

HCollins-TNA1
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Honestly The only Thing That Keeping The company from Going out of business Tomorrow is The Knockouts and TagTeam i can say TNa has been Doing good with that but their Main Eventers and everything else has been Sucking.

Ad trying to revive the X-Divisions ever now and then as they did Sunday!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-15-2011, 01:41 PM
What is really missing in tna??

Good writers, talent with mic skills.

Whats being used too much in tna???

Faction fucking storylines controlling EVERYTHING....again, russo hogan and bitchoff.

Writers yes..... Talent with mic skills they have a ton of..... Angle, Sting, Anderson, J Hardy when he isn't high, Eric Young, Beer Money, Robbie E, and others..... just to name a few!!!

the wrestling shade
03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I think RVD will be a good choice and AJ is the surprise and the underdog of the company, but again RVD was allready the face of ECW back in 2000's hmmmm?!?! :S

Bandages
03-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Atmosphere at the house shows for me. March 3rd was clear indication that with a larger crowd TNA can have that professional aesthetic and crowd momentum. But, before that you had empty impact zones, and the wrestling seemed to suffer.
Remember those three women in the crowd which Flair used to chat to in in around January? the rest of the arena was practically empty!

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 09:37 AM
I think that NWA Hollywood is too low budget, but looks like it could become credible, but right now all TNA needs is to straighten out Jeff Hardy and to get out of Orlando ASAP!

The only thing they got is the history with the 10 pounds of gold...... And promotions have tried to kill it off but it always comes back with a new champ and more!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2011, 09:40 AM
I think RVD will be a good choice and AJ is the surprise and the underdog of the company, but again RVD was allready the face of ECW back in 2000's hmmmm?!?! :S

I don't think it RVD!!!! TNA needs to have their talent scouts sent out or at one of them gut check challenges to find a new face....
One who can wrestle and one who talk behind the mic..... someone they make.....

VKM
03-16-2011, 03:37 PM
This is the problem that TNA has:

TNA has yet to realize that all wrestling is just a soap opera with a lot of action. Most soap operas are realistic and even if some aren't, they at least don't cross the border to a point where people are getting hit with a big nail 2 by 4 and still staying alive (Ex// Abyss). TNA needs to captivate the viewers in a way that gets them emotional and wanting to see more. When AJ Styles turned on Immortal and gave that speech, that was the peice that were missing. When AJ spoke, you could hear the emotion and it felt real. His speech was like a soap opera.

TNA's idea is that they want to reach out to the older age group (17 and up). Having Abyss come back after being hit by a nailed 2 by 4 when he should be dead, isn't how you reach out to that age group. The 17 and up age group are smart and know the difference between real and fake and are well aware when TNA is just being desperate. What they did with Abyss would only work with an age group of 7-11 in my opinion.

TNA needs a writer that is use to writing novels, soap operas and still have a knowledge of wrestling.

With writing novels - In novels, there is always that one superhero that gets the job done. TNA lacks that one superhero. Im in my Senior year of high school and I am taking AP English. I learned about something called "The Hero's Journey" which is another thing that TNA lacks. In WWE, they have their hero called John Cena. In the "Hero's Journey", the hero must go through at least three big trials that he faces and in the end it changes him. John Cena has had these three trails alot of times. For an example, Nexus, New Nexus, and now The Miz. John Cena is constantly grows as he goes through these trials that he must face. Whether you all like John Cena or not, WWE does captivate you all with the trials that Cena must face. Well TNA lacks a writer that can write novels and knows about the Hero's Journey. I agree that TNA's hero needs to be AJ Styles. AJ has the most heroic attitude and he is still young. It cannot be RVD or Kurt Angle because both are getting old. Also, TNA needs and original, they need someone that is their own homegrown talent. And their best candidate for the homegrown hero is AJ Styles.

And if you want to go in depth with this, TNA's anti-hero should be Samao Joe. Joe doesn't follow by the heroism that a normal face or good guy goes by. Samoa Joe is a badass and most anti-heros seem to be badasses.

It also seems as though their writers never have a finish to their storylines. In a story, their should be a story setup, major disasters and ending.
In wrestling, a story setup would be something like how Nexus had first started attacking John Cena and CM Punk on that three hour RAW. That was the setup to the Cena and Nexus feud. Then the disasters of their feud was Cena joining Nexus, Cena being fired, etc...And the ending leads to Cena vs Wade Barrett where Cena beat him at TLC(well at least that should have been the ending).

It's impossible to name one single storyline of TNA's that followed by this common and very useful method of making a story. It isn't neccesary for them to follow by this but wouldn't make sense to do so? I do.