PDA

View Full Version : Bad Joke of the day award!!!!!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-14-2011, 11:24 AM
So I went to TMZ today and found this. I'm not sure if you all know who Gilbert Gottfried is

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV8MeDYY35TaKy1asnyCQgVnx1aanLn MaERvXOyXOXIv0aJhDE

but this is his jokes he made on twitter. All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Japan is really advanced. They don't go to the beach. The beach comes to them.

I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, "they'll be another one floating by any minute now."

What do the japanese have in common with howard stern? They're both radio active.

Japan had put out this urgent plea...." PLEASE SEND US A FEW BIlLION RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!!"

Japan called me. They said "maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they're all sinking.

I fucked a girl in japan. She screamed "I feel the earth move and I'm getting wet."

What does every Japanese person have in their apartment? Flood lights.

I asked a girl in Japan to have sex with me. She said "okay, but you'll have to sleep in the wet spot."

What do Japanese Jews like to eat? Hebrew National Tsunami.

My Japanese doctor advised me to stay healthy I need 50 million gallons of water a day.

Bodom
03-14-2011, 11:28 AM
What do Japanese Jews like to eat? Hebrew National Tsunami.

I legitimately laughed at this.

Can I have my ticket to hell now?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I legitimately laughed at this.

Can I have my ticket to hell now?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrlUUS3g2sRwbb2peYcpYNiPVT4KPpz ih6bK6g1G_HhYixc7wi

Leggo
03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry dude, not my cup of tea

Necroyeti
03-14-2011, 11:36 AM
RIP my Japanese friend.

So Kin Vet.

Bodom
03-14-2011, 11:36 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrlUUS3g2sRwbb2peYcpYNiPVT4KPpz ih6bK6g1G_HhYixc7wi

Thank you. fhshfdhf

Rich Cranium
03-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I hope he doesn't have plans on going to Japan.

Dameduse823
03-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I fucked a girl in japan. She screamed "I feel the earth move and I'm getting wet."

I'm sorry but that was funny as hell

Gilbert Gottfried is a very funny comedian but a lot of his jokes are meant to be shock laughs

Iron Ape
03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
It's Gilbert Gottfried, so it's all pretty much par for the course (on Twitter no less, which is pretty much a dumping ground for the tact-less and inane). Besides, I doubt that there a whole lot of Japanese taking breaks to look at the guy's Twitter page in between sifting through the rubble looking for their loved ones, so I'm not seeing how any of this affects them, really. Just seems like a bunch of bored Americans looking to get upset on someone else's behalf when their efforts would be better spent contributing to the relief efforts in a capacity that actually matters.

Iron Ape
03-14-2011, 02:48 PM
I hope he doesn't have plans on going to Japan.
Why? Those people have a lot bigger things to worry about than what some grating comedian said in jest on a silly social networking service that doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

The proportions have officially been blown out.

WWTNA Mark
03-14-2011, 02:50 PM
The jokes are not even funny for people to get upset over it. Just another comedian trying to go overboard with his jokes, nothing new.

Rich Cranium
03-14-2011, 04:02 PM
The jokes are not even funny for people to get upset over it. Just another comedian trying to go overboard with his jokes, nothing new.

It's no so much about the jokes as it is some douche taking light of a country's catastrophe. So if the United States had another Katrina, you would welcome an outsider using it as leverage for anti American jokes? I am an understanding person so please let me know how this is ok.

WWTNA Mark
03-14-2011, 04:09 PM
It's no so much about the jokes as it is some douche taking light of a country's catastrophe. So if the United States had another Katrina, you would welcome an outsider using it as leverage for anti American jokes? I am an understanding person so please let me know how this is ok.

I don't recall saying that him telling those tatseless jokes were ok to say. All I said that the jokes weren't even funny and that he is trying to go over board with his jokes which isn't even funny.

Iron Ape
03-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Where are there Anti-Japanese sentiments in Gottfried's ill-advised, poorly-chosen attempts at comedy? He's not denigrating the people so much as he is their plight, and that's a huge distinction to just gloss over. I'm also not seeing how there's any kind of "leverage" being utilized here, so I'm respectfully not picking up much of anything that you're putting down.

Was what Gilbert said going to appeal to everyone? Absolutely not. Was it incredibly tasteless? Hell yeah. But drawing lines in comedy is a very slippery slope, and to err on the side of not offending anyone would involve never being able to say anything.

And to answer your question, no, I would not care if someone were saying stupid things about America after a disaster, especially on a social networking site that's a tailor made forum for people to say stupid, asinine things on. Again, if I really cared, I'd be too preoccupied with dealing with the tragedy to worry about some harmless text on a stupid fucking computer screen.

Rich Cranium
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Where are there Anti-Japanese sentiments in Gottfried's ill-advised, poorly-chosen attempts at comedy? He's not denigrating the people so much as he is their plight, and that's a huge distinction to just gloss over. I'm also not seeing how there's any kind of "leverage" being utilized here, so I'm respectfully not picking up much of anything that you're putting down.

Was what Gilbert said going to appeal to everyone? Absolutely not. Was it incredibly tasteless? Hell yeah. But drawing lines in comedy is a very slippery slope, and to err on the side of not offending anyone would involve never being able to say anything.

And to answer your question, no, I would not care if someone were saying stupid things about America after a disaster, especially on a social networking site that's a tailor made forum for people to say stupid, asinine things on. Again, if I really cared, I'd be too preoccupied with dealing with the tragedy to worry about some harmless text on a stupid fucking computer screen.

Thank you for your insight on this matter. Perhaps I was thinking out of context. :)

Iron Ape
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Thank you for your insight on this matter. Perhaps I was thinking out of context. :)
Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I might be in the minority, as Aflac just fired him as the voice of their spokes-person/duck over the comments.

Do any of you remember the comedian Greg Giraldo? He was a seriously underrated comedian who did those terrible Comedy Central Roasts with Gilbert and Jeff Ross and Lisa Lampanelli. Here's what Gilbert Tweeted shortly after the guy died a few months ago:

"If Greg Giraldo is cremated, will that be the 'Greg Giraldo Roast'?"
It's a stupid, tasteless joke. But it's made by a guy who pays his bills making stupid, tasteless jokes professionally. And Greg was a good friend of his, so I would just chalk all of this up to Gilbert being somewhat emotionally retarded (as most comics are) and not dealing with things in a way that most of us would find appropriate.