PDA

View Full Version : TNA Ratings

Nay_Than
03-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Lately, im sure TNA have been very happy with their ratings. Although, ive noticed something. Everyone seems to think that Hulk, Bishoff and Russo are killing impact.. But ive decided to do some research. Here is the average rating for TNA impact since it started being shown on TV.

2005 - Average Rating of 0.79
2006 - Average Rating of 0.89
2007 - Average Rating of 1.04
2008 - Average Rating of 1.06
2009 - Average Rating of 1.14
2010 - Average Rating of 1.06
2011 - Average Rating of 1.22 (so far)

Now, you can see that 2010 was infact going down on average, but only slightly. The company didnt exactly progress as much as hoped by Dixie, it was only slightly down. If they hadnt had done that stupid move of moving to monday night, they would have easily surpassed the 1.14 average rating of 2009. That was their mistake.

But we can see, so far this year, TNA have gained an average 1.22 rating. This is a huge increase from last year and could potentially be their highest rated year. I really think that this is TNA's year, no matter what everyone else seems to think. Their shows have defiantly improved with improved booking and matches. They still have far to go, but they are getting there, and i think this year will be the start of the boom.

The numbers dont lie.

Just for this would be interesting for some guys!

(Heres the source by the way http://www.gerweck.net/ )

wallyman
03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Lately, im sure TNA have been very happy with their ratings. Although, ive noticed something. Everyone seems to think that Hulk, Bishoff and Russo are killing impact.. But ive decided to do some research. Here is the average rating for TNA impact since it started being shown on TV.

2005 - Average Rating of 0.79
2006 - Average Rating of 0.89
2007 - Average Rating of 1.04
2008 - Average Rating of 1.06
2009 - Average Rating of 1.14
2010 - Average Rating of 1.06
2011 - Average Rating of 1.22 (so far)

Now, you can see that 2010 was infact going down on average, but only slightly. The company didnt exactly progress as much as hoped by Dixie, it was only slightly down. If they hadnt had done that stupid move of moving to monday night, they would have easily surpassed the 1.14 average rating of 2009. That was their mistake.

But we can see, so far this year, TNA have gained an average 1.22 rating. This is a huge increase from last year and could potentially be their highest rated year. I really think that this is TNA's year, no matter what everyone else seems to think. Their shows have defiantly improved with improved booking and matches. They still have far to go, but they are getting there, and i think this year will be the start of the boom.

The numbers dont lie.

Just for this would be interesting for some guys!

(Heres the source by the way http://www.gerweck.net/ )

i realize that i gotta stop payin attention to the iwc to enjoy wrestling. i stopped reading spoilers lately and i stop criticizin tna and wwe...and i gotta say its working...i am glad tna is growing :)

The Brown One
03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Those are indeed some interesting figures. What caused them to rise? Somehow, I really doubt that it was Hogan and Bischoff. I think it could have something to do with the fall of Immortal, AJ Styles, Mr Anderson, and of course, Kurt Angle. Sting helped too.

Rich Cranium
03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
i realize that i gotta stop payin attention to the iwc to enjoy wrestling. i stopped reading spoilers lately and i stop criticizin tna and wwe...and i gotta say its working...i am glad tna is growing :)

Yes, be your own man!

Firebrand
03-11-2011, 08:42 PM
I gotta agree with Brown One.

I would think that Anderson, Hardy, and RVD had something to do with the increase as well. After all Hogan has made what......a dozen appearences since he signed due to surgery and whatnot. And I seirously doubt that Bischoff has that much draw power.

alexrules01
03-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Doesnt TNA always get a spike of ratings during the Wrestlemania season?

Tommy Thunder
03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Truth is, the ratings haven't risen the amount that Hogan and Bischof claimed they would. Hogan said that TNA would be getting 3.0/4.0 ratings similar to RAW within a year. Has that happened? NO!
TNA will never compete with WWE. They simply don't have the budget.

wallyman
03-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Truth is, the ratings haven't risen the amount that Hogan and Bischof claimed they would. Hogan said that TNA would be getting 3.0/4.0 ratings similar to RAW within a year. Has that happened? NO!
TNA will never compete with WWE. They simply don't have the budget.

to this i anwer..when some1 sales you their product dont they sale it as the best ot there....but its a sale....not a guaranteed ;)

Tommy Thunder
03-11-2011, 09:13 PM
to this i anwer..when some1 sales you their product dont they sale it as the best ot there....but its a sale....not a guaranteed ;)

Are y drunk? Didn't really understand what you said lol!!

Dax
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
LOL - people on here see things from a very tainted point of view. Hulk Hogan, whether we like to believe it or not, does have star power. For the person who suggested the ratings increase was due to Wrestlemania season... This is an average for each year. Not every Wrestlemania season, lol.

skanky
03-12-2011, 12:43 AM
i think the poster is saying that its only march and its wrestlmania season thats why its a 1.22 for the year so far.
plenty of months for the average to go down.

Lowki
03-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Take into account that we are in wrestlemania season and when WWE gets a viewer spike, oddly enough so does TNA. Jan - May are always a period of higher ratings - Like the superbowl period for NFL.

This is Raws ratings;

2011 using the weekly figures since january they are now on 3.43 so far.
2010 3.28 cable rating.
2009 3.57
2008 3.27
2007 3.61
2006 3.9

2006-2008 was the tail end of a decline in wrestling (TNA improved as it gained a new TV deal) but notice how 2009 peaks for WWE and is TNAs best year. 2010 decreased to their second lowest yearly rating for a decade. Now 2011 has increased noticeably for both companies.

Sorry to bring WWE into this but my point is obvious, both companies ratings are increasing and when WWE is up, TNA goes up.

el gabo
03-12-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm really not knocking you on this, but you really have to improve your writing man. You're English dude. Represent.

Rassling_Fan
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
You do have to remember the year 2011 is still young. Adding the averages now may seem high, but once it hits 2012 will that number still be the same?

steveorton
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I remember when Hogan said that Tna would pull a 3.00 rating with him in the picture, Hogan you douche I have yet to see you bring anything substantial to the Tna product except destroying what it made it Tna, that is the six sided ring, the x-division, the Knockouts. I mean the greatest rating you could muster up was a 1.4. Happy for Tna rising in its ratings though but I just wish they would follow through with storylines rather than constantly changing it. Ofcourse storylines have to be adjusted but not as much as Tna does. So to sum up what are your guys thoughts on the Tna product at present and its ratings?, I'm jus sayin...

wallyman
03-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I remember when Hogan said that Tna would pull a 3.00 rating with him in the picture, Hogan you douche I have yet to see you bring anything substantial to the Tna product except destroying what it made it Tna, that is the six sided ring, the x-division, the Knockouts. I mean the greatest rating you could muster up was a 1.4. Happy for Tna rising in its ratings though but I just wish they would follow through with storylines rather than constantly changing it. Ofcourse storylines have to be adjusted but not as much as Tna does. So to sum up what are your guys thoughts on the Tna product at present and its ratings?, I'm jus sayin...

i dont understand why people say tna doesnt follow with their storylines. seriously they did the whole they thing and it was planned for months. then the mafia thing got messed up and they made fortune. they tweaked the storylines but its still there consitancy. what part have they not followed up in. i know they have a history in the past but lately as in since october they been pretty good in continuing storylines. hell they even did the morgan hernandez feud that everyone thought we was gonna forget about. the present product sucks for me and ratings are up. when tna had more wrestling ratings didnt even move. now that its mostly skits ratings going up...i am so confuse >>

The Brown One
03-20-2011, 02:26 PM
With all do respect, the average TNA ratings have been improving ALOT since 2005.
2005: 0.79
2006: 0.89
2007: 1.04
2008: 1.06
2009: 1.14
They however, took a slight dive to 1.04 or something like that in 2010. It seems that they are frequently scoring 1.2 and higher in 2011, so things are looking good. I don't think this is due to Hogan though. So it must be someone else.

UKTNA
03-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Hogan is the greatest ever well in his little mind he is i wanna watch tna without him taking up all the time with his shitty promos and his over the top use of the word brother

Jaitsu
03-20-2011, 03:22 PM
i love TNA, i really do, but Hogan, for the amount of power he has, has done nothing but keep it down, he should be encouraging Jeff Hardy to get the rehab he needs to be what we used to love. he needs to make sure the belt gets put on Samoa Joe, Amazing Red, AJ Styles, or something. he needs to stop involving himself in the storylines.

if he would just drop his ego he could easily make TNA much, much better then it is, but Hogan is exactly that, Hogan, and in his mind, its all about him.

WWTNA Mark
03-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Hogan is the greatest ever well in his little mind he is i wanna watch tna without him taking up all the time with his shitty promos and his over the top use of the word brother

He is the greatest ever whether you like it or not. I'm not a fan of Hogan but he did take wrestling to new heights.

Rick BoA
03-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I am glad they got rid of that horrendous 6 sided ring, but other then that i dont see much improvement.

thedag
03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
He is the greatest ever whether you like it or not. I'm not a fan of Hogan but he did take wrestling to new heights.

right place at the right time.

Mr. McMahon
03-20-2011, 03:43 PM
lol TNA... what a joke. They had an orgasm when they got a 1.2 rating in 2008. So it took them 3 years to get a stable 1.3 rating... at this rate it will take them half a century to compete with raw.

I quit watching in late 2008, after that it went in the shitcan. No consistency in the product, its a clusterfuck, I'd rather spend two hours studying than watching TNA, yes thats right, i'd rather study than watch TNA

wallyman
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
lol TNA... what a joke. They had an orgasm when they got a 1.2 rating in 2008. So it took them 3 years to get a stable 1.3 rating... at this rate it will take them half a century to compete with raw.

I quit watching in late 2008, after that it went in the shitcan. No consistency in the product, its a clusterfuck, I'd rather spend two hours studying than watching TNA, yes thats right, i'd rather study than watch TNA

i guess ur one of those people who expect tna to compete with wwe as soon as they hit on tv or in a way thinking the ratings should b the same. may i remind u that the reason why wwe is so big its because vince bought out all the major territoes and everyone had to watch the wwf. until wcw came along but that boat just sink quicker than the titanic. considering raw wasnt toured until the mid 90s and wwe has been around for like 50 years i think tna is ahead of its time. good ratings which show growh and they are breaking attendance record for their house shows. if uc ompare wwe to wen they barely started to how tna is doing right now i can assure u tna would b bigger than wwf. but times have change the ratings are just for market ideas. cuz for every 2k people watchin a show maybe 1 or none have a nielson box

ShockMaster
03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Ratings mean nothing, to abolish what tna was and rid it of its originality for the extra point in ratings may make money but it kills the product.

As for Hogan being the best ever. He's one of the most iconic but is easily surpassed as far as in ring ability, mic skills and fanbase by the rock and cena. Hogan buried his career in 1996, I do not care what anyone says. He became a real life heel in the wrestling community by not giving up the top spot, cena and rock were live reparations for the obnoxious behavior of Hulk hogan. Even though Cena NOW can be compared to Hogan being that he's headlining all the time...the guy also loves the business. Hogan SAYS he loves his fans but in reality he'll only say it if it makes him a buck and he's got a place to go to.

HCollins-TNA1
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I think i have said it before TNA Impact ratings is much like Raws ratings in the 90s..... It grew year after year finally climaxing in around 1999/2000/2001......
If that is any sign who know TNA might be pulling off 1.5s and 1.7 by next year if not a 2.0???

thedominator92
03-20-2011, 07:28 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcti9_qlj3T2JK7Q-DL2ytqtb1p2pDIEwosWZ51ZQB-VFA-UZo

Bob Bowman
03-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Tna has gotten better over the past few weeks. I'm glad they got rid of that horrible belt Jeff was carrying around! It look like they took the face of Optimus Prime and used it for the plate of that belt. The new belt look so much better!!! They also need to give that TV title to Amazing Red!!!! Get rid of the KO tag team titles, they don't belong there!!!! I hope they make Mickie James cut off all of her hair to humble her a little bit for thinking she was just going to get the KO title because she was a multichamp in the WWE. That would make a big statement to everyone on how they feel about their product being the best!!!!!

blackout version 1
03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
TNA !! Get rid of Hogan as an on screen character . Bring back the 6 sided ring , chris daniels , austin aries, low ki and roderick strong . Get rid of the K.O tag belt and the TV title and the dead waste they collected from WWE !! Bring in Davey Richards, Prince Devitt and some other international wrestlers . Also AJ Styles should be treated better along with Joe he shouldnt be put to mid card to suit the new wwe reject ! Its a joke to thing doug willams has been on impact in weeks he one of the best in the business and the same could be said for desmond wolfe but yet week after week you see immortal with zero talent and 3 old men who just wont give up on repeating their so called glory days . Fuck Hogan , nostalgia is well and truly gone along with the 1980's so SUCK IT brother !

KYNGDAVE
03-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Hogan is nothing but an old rusty steroid filled syringe, that tries to inject his venom into everything he touches. He needs to leave his boots, knee brace, and back brace in the middle of the ring with a bandana over it.

RevolutionIcon
03-21-2011, 01:11 AM
TNA !! Get rid of Hogan as an on screen character . Bring back the 6 sided ring , chris daniels , austin aries, low ki and roderick strong . Get rid of the K.O tag belt and the TV title and the dead waste they collected from WWE !! Bring in Davey Richards, Prince Devitt and some other international wrestlers . Also AJ Styles should be treated better along with Joe he shouldnt be put to mid card to suit the new wwe reject ! Its a joke to thing doug willams has been on impact in weeks he one of the best in the business and the same could be said for desmond wolfe but yet week after week you see immortal with zero talent and 3 old men who just wont give up on repeating their so called glory days . Fuck Hogan , nostalgia is well and truly gone along with the 1980's so SUCK IT brother !

I agree but, I'd rather not see Doug Williams for at least another two weeks. Hernandez dropped him on his head pretty fucking hard.

Lowki
03-21-2011, 06:06 AM
My view on this is that TNA grew VERY fast from 2002 - 2007. Since 2007 they have plateaud so it's not their fault. You have to be realistic about it, ECW was a small company that was stuck in a bingo hall and they were stuck around 1.0 rating. TNA acts like a small company; "celebs" they get are never the main attraction and always "extras"; The impact zone is awful and looks tiny on tv; every opportunity they try and take shots at WWE (or the other company or the company "up north") which jericho points out that they should not even been thinking of WWE at all.

Lowki
03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
I think i have said it before TNA Impact ratings is much like Raws ratings in the 90s..... It grew year after year finally climaxing in around 1999/2000/2001......
If that is any sign who know TNA might be pulling off 1.5s and 1.7 by next year if not a 2.0???

Well if TNA were pulling in 8.0s then i'd agree that they are much like Raws. Not many weekly TV shows EVER get above 8.0 and stay there. It wasn't raw that plateaud, but wrestling in general. WCW was starting to decline and so was ECW around 2000. I really doubt they will jump to 2.0 so quickly. TNA needs to market themselves because there are still many people who don't even know it exists. It gets marketed quite a lot in the UK which is why a lot know about it and it gets good viewership (% of viewers per population is higher in the UK than USA)