PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle

HCollins-TNA1
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
It was revealed today in a interview with the SUN that Kurt Angle is making a commitment to TNA when his contract comes up after August.... As he said he will reevaluate his carear and see from there as he want to retire in TNA....

I think this is a plus on Angle's part and his faith he has in TNA.....

Rich Cranium
03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
It doesn't mean it's etched in stone.

HCollins-TNA1
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Only time will tell????? or only 5 or 6 months will???

The Brown One
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
^Exactly. We have to wait to find out.

Bodom
03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Interesting. Most wrestlers use the "other company" as leverage during negotiations. Odd to hear him state that he won't go back right now, but fantastic to hear him mention a part-time schedule.

Tommy Thunder
03-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm just sad that Angle is going to retire in front of a small crowd, where he clearly deserves to go out in front of tens of thousands at the gradest stage of them all.

Bodom
03-10-2011, 09:34 PM
When Kurt LEGIT retires, I don't see him staying retired.

The New Guy
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
I hope he takes a BIG time off
I'm worried about Kurt, the guy is gonna drop dead in the ring if he keeps working at this rate. That's why I'm glad he's staying at TNA. This way he could have a lighter schedule and take care of himself.
:)

ihearvoices
03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
He Could of done The same in WWE Vince told him take Some time off to recover And instead he went to TNa and the Rest is history. kurt has a history of Pushing it to the limit with his body and one of these days it will catch up to him... i Really hope he consider it And Return To WWE and Have one last Run Then Retire for good Even if it means hes only doing it So he Can Get in The HOF. i Think he deserves to be inducted in The HOF when his career is all over

Rich Cranium
03-10-2011, 10:33 PM
i Think he deserves to be inducted in The HOF when his career is all over

This is a given.

ihearvoices
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
This is a given.

Not if He stays and Retires in TNA....As much As kurt did in WWe Vince will not induct kurt into the hall of fame unless He signs a Legend Contract and ends his career there...look At nash and booker they're Smart if u want to be inducted in the HOF u got to Come back to the winning Team

Rich Cranium
03-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Not if He stays and Retires in TNA....As much As kurt did in WWe Vince will not induct kurt into the hall of fame unless He signs a Legend Contract and ends his career there...look At nash and booker they're Smart if u want to be inducted in the HOF u got to Come back to the winning Team

I have to disagree. Example, even though Sting decided to stay with TNA and has never been in WWE, I feel positive that the door will be open for him to be inducted into the HOF once he is done with TNA for good. So by my logic and since Kurt says he is on good terms with the WWE, I see no reason he will not get the induction!

HCollins-TNA1
03-10-2011, 11:25 PM

By the time Kurt retires in the next year or five Vince will done sign control over the Hunter and Steph!!!!

ihearvoices
03-11-2011, 12:03 AM
By the time Kurt retires in the next year or five Vince will done sign control over the Hunter and Steph!!!!

If that the Case Then Kurt Really Wont be Going into The HOF Im telling you WWe is not going to Put anyone in the HOF that Jumped Shipped to TNA and Stayed there. it all Politics plus i heard TNa is having their own HOF he might just sign up for that instead lmfaoo!

Spear-O-Matic
03-11-2011, 12:57 AM
If that the Case Then Kurt Really Wont be Going into The HOF Im telling you WWe is not going to Put anyone in the HOF that Jumped Shipped to TNA and Stayed there. it all Politics plus i heard TNa is having their own HOF he might just sign up for that instead lmfaoo!

You mean like how he has inducted numerous people who were in WCW and NWA and AWA who may or may not have ever performed in WWF/WWE? WWE's HOF (I make the distinction because TNA may start their own *barf*) is about people who supported and contributed to the industry, not about who was or wasn't in the WWE. The only person who may never be in the WWE HOF that SHOULD be is Goldberg, but that's my only gripe.

ihearvoices
03-11-2011, 01:14 AM
You mean like how he has inducted numerous people who were in WCW and NWA and AWA who may or may not have ever performed in WWF/WWE? WWE's HOF (I make the distinction because TNA may start their own *barf*) is about people who supported and contributed to the industry, not about who was or wasn't in the WWE. The only person who may never be in the WWE HOF that SHOULD be is Goldberg, but that's my only gripe.

Alot of the Stuff you just name Vince owns and the ones he dont They Wrestled for Vince Father so u make no point with your Statement. Name one person That has been inducted to the HOF that has never Worked for Vince or his Father and you might have argument then.

HCollins-TNA1
03-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Alot of the Stuff you just name Vince owns and the ones he dont They Wrestled for Vince Father so u make no point with your Statement. Name one person That has been inducted to the HOF that has never Worked for Vince or his Father and you might have argument then.

was going to say that or something like that

Spear-O-Matic
03-11-2011, 01:38 AM

Considering that the McMahons have been involved in wrestling for over 50 years, it's hard to mention anyone who HASN'T worked for them that isn't either brand new or Sting. And you know what? I bet you Sting will eventually be in WWE's HOF because of who he is and what he has done for the business. Also, the only thing I listed that Vince owns is WCW. AWA went out of business and NWA is still it's own company. But if you REALLY want a name, here's one: Verne Gagne. But how about this? A lot of people in the WWE HOF jumped ship, particularly in the late 80s and throughout the 90s. This list includes, but is not limited to...

Bret Hart, who Vince screwed
Hulk Hogan, who has criticized Vince on numerous occasions, and not only during his stints in TNA, I'm talking while he was in WCW
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Dusty Rhodes
Mr. Perfect
Ric Flair
Ted DiBiase

That's just naming a FEW. Oh, and don't forget, Vince McMahon HATED WCW, and probably still does. So Kurt Angle is probably a first ballot HOF'er once he retires.

Oh, and also, don't try to make me sound like an idiot When you TAlk likE This.

Edit:

Nick Bockwinkel and Eddie Graham also NEVER worked for a McMahon as far as I can tell. Both are in the WWE HOF. Oh, and don't forget Stu Hart. He was inducted SOLELY for contributions to the industry. Those contributions being the training of Jericho, Edge, Christian, virtually all of the Harts, Jim Neidhart, The Honky Tonk Man, and a few others... Oh, and he never once wrestled in a McMahon owned company.

HCollins-TNA1
03-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Considering that the McMahons have been involved in wrestling for over 50 years, it's hard to mention anyone who HASN'T worked for them that isn't either brand new or Sting. And you know what? I bet you Sting will eventually be in WWE's HOF because of who he is and what he has done for the business. Also, the only thing I listed that Vince owns is WCW. AWA went out of business and NWA is still it's own company. But if you REALLY want a name, here's one: Verne Gagne. But how about this? A lot of people in the WWE HOF jumped ship, particularly in the late 80s and throughout the 90s. This list includes, but is not limited to...

Hulk Hogan, who has criticized Vince on numerous occasions, and not only during his stints in TNA, I'm talking while he was in WCW
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Dusty Rhodes
Mr. Perfect
Ric Flair
Ted DiBiase

That's just naming a FEW. Oh, and don't forget, Vince McMahon HATED WCW, and probably still does. So Kurt Angle is probably a first ballot HOF'er once he retires.

Edit:

Nick Bockwinkel and Eddie Graham also NEVER worked for a McMahon as far as I can tell. Both are in the WWE HOF. Oh, and don't forget Stu Hart. He was inducted SOLELY for contributions to the industry. Those contributions being the training of Jericho, Edge, Christian, virtually all of the Harts, Jim Neidhart, The Honky Tonk Man, and a few others... Oh, and he never once wrestled in a McMahon owned company.

Actually Eddie Graham did work for the McMahons

ihearvoices
03-11-2011, 02:22 AM

Rowdy Roddy Piper
Dusty Rhodes
Mr. Perfect
Ric Flair
Ted DiBiase

Edit:

ok Well now let me Edit you list Some more =)

Bret Hart, (Returned back To WWE Recently)
Hulk Hogan, (Returned To WWE)
Rowdy Roddy Piper (Really This guy has Returned more times then anyone i know)
Dusty Rhodes (Returned and Currectly working for WWE)
Mr. Perfect (Died)
Ric Flair (Was inducted in WWe Before going to TNa plus Returned to WWe after WcW)
Ted DiBiase (Returned to WWe)

As Far As the Vince Hates WCW Statement He owns it HAHA So who cares. Again As i stated There has never been Anyone in the HOF That has Jumped Shipped and Never Returned to The WWE Either backstage or in the Ring that has been inducted to the HOF that just point blank. Either they work'd For Vince or his Father. The people you named with the lights of Stu Hart in that Situation its different cause hes not a Wrestler hes a trainner Tottal Difference im talking about Wrestlers. But if you have a new list i would like to Edit that some its fun =) As i said before the only Way Kurt is Getting the HOF Ring is if he End his Career in WWE or When he "Retires" at Tna He Returns to WWE and work Backstage for a while.

Lowki
03-11-2011, 09:58 AM
The Sun is a tabloid newspaper and isn't very credible in the UK. Most students and lecturers for instance stay away from it because it often makes things up and takes things out of context. It uses images that have been photoshopped just to make a story.
It also uses messages from social network sites and pieces them together and claims they are exclusive interviews.
Ryan Clark has reported how unreliable it is several times in the past;

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Bill_Goldberg_Returning_To_Wrestling_FoleyTNA.shtm l
The Sun is a complete tabloid and no one in the UK believes anything in there. So you might want to say that to your readers cause they might not know.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Partial_Superstars_SPOILERS_The_Sun_Edits_Rus.php
Many site readers have sent along news that after Vince Russo posted a blog on Facebook discrediting The UK's The Sun for taking his interview with them out of context, it has since been edited.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/More_On_Jim_Cornettes_TNA_Firing_Major_Backst.php
While the UK Sun had reported that Jim Cornette's departure from TNA was due to a backstage blow up with Vince Russo over the push of Eric Young, that is not the case according to a source.
They were forced to correct this.

The Sun does have the heyman hustle mainly because it's still the biggest "tabloid" newspaper in the UK so most wrestlers are probably told to do interviews with them rather than other serious journalistic newspapers. I'd take anything the sun reports with a pinch of salt.

Lowki
03-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Kurt being in TNA means nothing. When he leaves expect an appearance (like bret hart) and a HoF.

Vince doesn't hate kurt like he does with many others like Savage, Ultimate Warrior etc.

Spear-O-Matic
03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
ok Well now let me Edit you list Some more =)

Bret Hart, (Returned back To WWE Recently)
Hulk Hogan, (Returned To WWE)
Rowdy Roddy Piper (Really This guy has Returned more times then anyone i know)
Dusty Rhodes (Returned and Currectly working for WWE)
Mr. Perfect (Died)
Ric Flair (Was inducted in WWe Before going to TNa plus Returned to WWe after WcW)
Ted DiBiase (Returned to WWe)

As Far As the Vince Hates WCW Statement He owns it HAHA So who cares. Again As i stated There has never been Anyone in the HOF That has Jumped Shipped and Never Returned to The WWE Either backstage or in the Ring that has been inducted to the HOF that just point blank. Either they work'd For Vince or his Father. The people you named with the lights of Stu Hart in that Situation its different cause hes not a Wrestler hes a trainner Tottal Difference im talking about Wrestlers. But if you have a new list i would like to Edit that some its fun =) As i said before the only Way Kurt is Getting the HOF Ring is if he End his Career in WWE or When he "Retires" at Tna He Returns to WWE and work Backstage for a while.

Clearly you didn't read my edit list. There's a few people WHO NEVER WORKED FOR THE MCMAHONS. Also, just because Vince bought WCW doesn't mean he loves it now, the company almost put him out of business, he only bought them to kill the competition.

HCollins-TNA1
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Kurt has mentioned this else where that he plans to stay with TNA.....
Although you know with wrestling things changes and one has to expect the unexpected!!!!!

Bodom
03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
From another Kurt interview.

What fears he had about heading into his current feud with Jeff Jarrett and his ex-wife Karen (especially with his children being seen on national television), if he has been comfortable in everything to this point, and why he credits Hulk Hogan for helping him through this point in his TNA career:

"I never wanted to get the kids involved. I know that we have a little bit, but the kids are not allowed to watch the program. We're going to continue to have them involved. I''m not all for it. There have been a few things I have been uncomfortable with in the storyline and the writing, but I've been a trooper, and I'm trying to be a team player. The one person who has really helped me out is Hulk Hogan. He's really protecting me and making sure nothing gets out of hand. I have to give him a lot of credit, because he's the one guy I really trust. Dixie Carter is a great woman, and I trust her too, but Hulk Hogan has been the guy. He's kind of my buffer. I have a lot of respect for him."

Fuck you you spineless bastard. To act like you have no choice is patently absurd. They are your kids Kurt. You look at Russo, Dixie, Hogan, whoever it is that is making you "uncomfortable" and say NO. It's a simple word. Two letters, one syllable.

But you want to be a "team player?" Well fuck you. You don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. Now I know that your kids are victims of bad parents because you said so yourself! "Gee, I feel uncomfortable about using my children in this angle, but I guess it's OK." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Any respect I might have still had for Angle, Karen, Jeff, Hogan, Dixie, or anyone in TNA is gone. To pressure somebody into something with their children they aren't comfortable with is reprehensible. I almost wish I was still watching TNA just so I could quit in protest of this. Fuck you, TNA.

SilverGhost
03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Deep thoughts...you are right Bodom. This whole angle is a shitstain.

Rich Cranium
03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
That was pretty hypocritical of Kurt!