PDA

View Full Version : TNA's financial situation

steveorton
03-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I have always wondered about this and if I know most of you guys you would have the answer so here goes, I frequently read about the quarterly earnings about WWE on this site, their pitfalls whether they turned in a profit, buyrates, etc. but what about Tna's financial situation I know they have Panda energy backing them but they should at least try to bring in profits (I don't know if they make profits), so what do you guys think? , I'm jus sayin...

Bodom
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
TNA isn't a publicly traded company like WWE. So they don't release their earnings.

Rassling_Fan
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM
All we know is that, according to themselves, has become profitable. Though rumors state they don't have very good buyrates.

KayfabeIsDead
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
thats one thing that TNA uses to their advantage,cause i think they are the ones leaking reports about them losing money
and that sure is not the case.i think they make profit hand over fist epically with merch and live events + impact

gokhanx99
03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Is it true dixie carters dad used to give her money to help build the company. it was a comment i once heard on you tube . true or false

Lowki
03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
thats one thing that TNA uses to their advantage,cause i think they are the ones leaking reports about them losing money
and that sure is not the case.i think they make profit hand over fist epically with merch and live events + impact

TNA PPvs and iMpact are FREE! The buy rates for PPVs are lower than 2006, too. The reason i think they are "breaking even" is because of the pitiful money they pay most of their roster!

gokhanx99
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
TNA PPvs and iMpact are FREE! The buy rates for PPVs are lower than 2006, too. The reason i think they are "breaking even" is because of the pitiful money they pay most of their roster!

i love that ppvs are free in the uk. and that impact is on free to air television

johnadah
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM

I would assume it's mostly merch. They occasionally have a pretty big live event, but a lot of their shows anywhere from 150 to 300 fans in attendance. I will never understand why they bother to announce those numbers when they occur. Also, I was under the impression that the Impact Zone was part of the cost of attending Universal Studios. Is there actually separate pricing for the tapings?

Jazz
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Is there actually separate pricing for the tapings?

No, it's free, you have to get in line 2 or 3 hours before the taping.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
No, it's free, you have to get in line 2 or 3 hours before the taping.

That's what I thought. So, given the fact that the tapings are free, and the poor attendance at the majority of their house shows, plus the expenses of travelling, plus the expenses of keeping people like Sting, AJ Styles, Hogan, Flair and Bischoff on the payroll, I'd say TNA must make a killing in merch sales in order to be making financial gains. Obviously, they must have a fair amount coming in from TV sponsors as well.

steveorton
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
But its not just the guys like Hogan, Sting, etc. that gets alot of cash, in a recent posting by I think HCCollins-Tna he showed us a link to where we could view how much the Tna superstars earn, I found that they do pay their (all) male stars a good bit whereas the females are underpayed ofcourse and really can't see so much people buying so much Tna merchandise, I'm jus sayin...

wallyman
03-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I have always wondered about this and if I know most of you guys you would have the answer so here goes, I frequently read about the quarterly earnings about WWE on this site, their pitfalls whether they turned in a profit, buyrates, etc. but what about Tna's financial situation I know they have Panda energy backing them but they should at least try to bring in profits (I don't know if they make profits), so what do you guys think? , I'm jus sayin...

i think if we see tna in financial problems we would see alot of cuts and stuff...but instead they are scouting for talent to sign....alot of people say they lose money...but with all the tv deals and sponsors they have they might be making a small profit or just cuttin free....but then again its onlyu speculation

johnadah
03-08-2011, 02:10 PM
But its not just the guys like Hogan, Sting, etc. that gets alot of cash, in a recent posting by I think HCCollins-Tna he showed us a link to where we could view how much the Tna superstars earn, I found that they do pay their (all) male stars a good bit whereas the females are underpayed ofcourse and really can't see so much people buying so much Tna merchandise, I'm jus sayin...

I definitely see them selling a ton of merchandise. Every TNA show I've been to in Texas has had the lines completely filled at the merch stands. I've seen people buying upwards of 5 T-Shirts, plus DVDs and other merch. Not to mention, on their website they sell things such as autographed Sting baseball bats, autographed championship belts and other such things. Even more than that, they have some pretty awesome deals occasionally where you can get 2 shirts and 4 DVDs for $35 or $40. People eat those deals up.

Bodom
03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
HCCollins-Tna he showed us a link to where we could view how much the Tna superstars earn, I found that they do pay their (all) male stars a good bit whereas the females are underpayed ofcourse and really can't see so much people buying so much Tna merchandise,

That's if you want to believe a website called "wrestling-caricatures" and the main font is friggin comic sans.

Necroyeti
03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I highly suggest reading this article:
Working Conditions in TNA: A Detailed Analysis. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/3/7/2035024/working-conditions-in-tna-a-detailed-analysis)

Further reading:
An Examination of TNA's Appalling Treatment of Talent. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent)
A Closer Look at How The TNA Office Handles Outside Bookings. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/2/11/1988877/a-closer-look-at-how-the-tna-office-handles-outside-bookings)

It doesn't discuss salaries in great detail and there are not much in the way of actual earning figures, but it paints a picture of major financial incompentence at times....

The Brown One
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I said this 2 weeks ago in a thread similar to this. These are rumored annual salaries for the TNA roster.
KOs-$50,000
Midcarders-$50,000 to $75,000
Top stars-$100,000

johnadah
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Working Conditions in TNA: A Detailed Analysis. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/3/7/2035024/working-conditions-in-tna-a-detailed-analysis)

Further reading:
An Examination of TNA's Appalling Treatment of Talent. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent)
A Closer Look at How The TNA Office Handles Outside Bookings. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/2/11/1988877/a-closer-look-at-how-the-tna-office-handles-outside-bookings)

It doesn't discuss salaries in great detail and there are not much in the way of actual earning figures, but it paints a picture of major financial incompentence at times....

That first article is pretty interesting. The only issue that I have, is that I could definitely see AJ Styles, who was the face of the company for much of its existence, having to work a much heavier schedule than other. Just like Miz and Cena work even heavier schedules than other members of WWE. I was talking to Mick Foley in August of '09 and he mentioned working about 100 dates a year for TNA and said that was the average for most of their employees. Considering his reputation among the boys, and the brutal honesty of his books, I'm not too quickly inclined to call Mick a liar. Even at 100 dates out of the year, that is still less than nearly all WWE stars. Most of which wrestle between 150 and 250 days a year.

Rich Cranium
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I said this 2 weeks ago in a thread similar to this. These are rumored annual salaries for the TNA roster.
KOs-$50,000
Top stars-$100,000

I don't see the knockouts making barely $40 grand.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
KOs-$50,000
Top stars-$100,000

There was a report just a few months ago talking about most of the Knock Outs making $200 or less per match and several of them living in small houses together in order to save money and pay their bills. A lot of the TNA employees live in Florida for the sake of traveling ease. I'm originally from Tampa, and most of my family is spread out all over Florida. If they were making $50,000 a year, I can assure you that they would be able to afford their own homes. They may not be in the fanciest part of town, but they certainly wouldn't be in the ghetto either.

Rich Cranium
03-08-2011, 02:52 PM
There was a report just a few months ago talking about most of the Knock Outs making $200 or less per match and several of them living in small houses together in order to save money and pay their bills. A lot of the TNA employees live in Florida for the sake of traveling ease. I'm originally from Tampa, and most of my family is spread out all over Florida. If they were making $50,000 a year, I can assure you that they would be able to afford their own homes. They may not be in the fanciest part of town, but they certainly wouldn't be in the ghetto either.

I'm originally from Tampa also and used to own a 2 bedroom/ 2 1/2 bath townhouse there and $50 grand is plenty of money to pay your own bills so being that some of the KO's acknowledge having a 2nd job and if they are huddled together, the figure supplied is hard to believe!

johnadah
03-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm originally from Tampa also and used to own a 2 bedroom/ 2 1/2 bath townhouse there and $50 grand is plenty of money to pay your own bills so being that some of the KO's acknowledge having a 2nd job and if they are huddled together, the figure supplied is hard to believe!

Exactly. Even after travel costs, they would have to be spending quite lavishly in order to have to work a second job and live in community with each other. I don't buy into that figure at all.

Rassling_Fan
03-08-2011, 02:56 PM

Further reading:

This continues to fuel my boycott until this changes.

wallyman
03-08-2011, 03:26 PM
u guys are all trying to compare salaries to wwe...and to b honest/....think about it...tna schedule is alot lighter..wwe is on the road 6 days a week as for tna they only do thursday ffriday and saturday...and record impact 2 weeks worth in 2 days so they have like 3 days off before going to work...so u cannot make as much as wwe cuz their not on the road as much...and they get paid per apperance not salaries,,,

Rassling_Fan
03-08-2011, 03:28 PM
u guys are all trying to compare salaries to wwe...and to b honest/....think about it...tna schedule is alot lighter..wwe is on the road 6 days a week as for tna they only do thursday ffriday and saturday...and record impact 2 weeks worth in 2 days so they have like 3 days off before going to work...so u cannot make as much as wwe cuz their not on the road as much...and they get paid per apperance not salaries,,,

It's not in comparison to salaries, it's comparison to what they are trying say they are and what they are truly.

Interestingly, while researching my article on TNA and outside bookings, I spoke to several promoters of small-time indy promoters about TNA. During discussions, the issue of medical bills came up. While it is generally accepted that indy promoters don’t cover injuries, not having the money, I found one promoter who insisted it "varied" and that insisted that sometimes he did. No-budget group CZW are known for paying wrestlers’ bills and holding fundraisers for injured performers. Another promoter also told me: "recently a wrestler got hurt…we didn’t know if it was serious…but I said, ‘Go to the hospital. Get the MRI. Please. I’ll pay’. We couldn’t really afford it, but I wanted to do the right thing." So, the question arises in my mind: If low-level indy groups that are doing 30 fans a show (on a good night) can stump up the money for hospital check-ups, why can’t the number 2 promotion in America?

Cynicism
03-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind being huddled together with some of the knockouts if it would help? A purely selfless action I assure you

Lowki
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
i love that ppvs are free in the uk. and that impact is on free to air television
Yeah but also attendence to these (in the impact zone) are also "free" because they are included in the theme park ticket lol

Lowki
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Wallyman, this is a thread about how financially secure they are.

I have a few friends that tried to by merchandise for TNA (One friend watched one show and stopped) from the site; the Brown Bag deal for $20 with WORLDWIDE shipping (i am in the UK). Not only did they take two months to NOT send the items to them, but took about a month to refund each of them. So i don't think their shop site is the best and imagine this can't be coincidental lol
They may get access to the "impact zone" free of charge or low rent due to it being part of a theme park (maybe there's increased revenue on taping days) but i really think TNA are breaking even at most. I doubt they are in financial difficulty but they did use a lot of money from Bob Carter (was a report several years back with him stating that he would no longer bail the company out) so if he's no longer financing it, to be still afloat they must be doing ok.

steveorton
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
@Necroyeti will do, thanks, I'm jus sayin...

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 04:51 PM

I didn't see any comparisons. I don't know what you were thinking but TNA is paying their wrestlers peanuts.

merhardt03
03-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Yay! More know-it-all TNA bashing. Y? I dont understand why there has to be 500+ different ways to rag on TNA in the threads. Obviously they're profitable or they'd be outta business. As far as there salaries go, why dig into it. They are not a publicly traded company so you will not find out what thier salary is. Do any of you want to tell me & everyone else your own annual salary? Think about that one. But you probably wont, cause its so mush easier to go with the flow rather than think for yourself.

wallyman
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Wallyman, this is a thread about how financially secure they are.

I have a few friends that tried to by merchandise for TNA (One friend watched one show and stopped) from the site; the Brown Bag deal for $20 with WORLDWIDE shipping (i am in the UK). Not only did they take two months to NOT send the items to them, but took about a month to refund each of them. So i don't think their shop site is the best and imagine this can't be coincidental lol
They may get access to the "impact zone" free of charge or low rent due to it being part of a theme park (maybe there's increased revenue on taping days) but i really think TNA are breaking even at most. I doubt they are in financial difficulty but they did use a lot of money from Bob Carter (was a report several years back with him stating that he would no longer bail the company out) so if he's no longer financing it, to be still afloat they must be doing ok.

well u are in the uk lol....i ordered stuff from them here in usa and i get it withing 4 days of ordering....but interntational shippin is always a hasttle...

johnadah
03-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I didn't see any comparisons. I don't know what you were thinking but TNA is paying their wrestlers peanuts.

I remember sometime around the beginning of 2010 that PWTorch reported that the Knock Outs made between $200 and $400 a night, and the $400 was only to a select couple of women. However, those were also women that only made television appearances. That's less than $20,000 a year. I made more money than that operating an independent advertising business and promoting independent bands. There's no reason that someone working for a company the size of TNA should be paid that poorly.

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Yay! More know-it-all TNA bashing. Y? I dont understand why there has to be 500+ different ways to rag on TNA in the threads. Obviously they're profitable or they'd be outta business. As far as there salaries go, why dig into it. They are not a publicly traded company so you will not find out what thier salary is. Do any of you want to tell me & everyone else your own annual salary? Think about that one. But you probably wont, cause its so mush easier to go with the flow rather than think for yourself.

I think you are missing the point.

These guys should be paid a bit more for the talent they put in the ring.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM

$29,880. Not much, but it provides for me and my daughter. And I don't have to pay my own way to travel state to state to put on a show.

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I remember sometime around the beginning of 2010 that PWTorch reported that the Knock Outs made between $200 and $400 a night, and the $400 was only to a select couple of women. However, those were also women that only made television appearances. That's less than $20,000 a year. I made more money than that operating an independent advertising business and promoting independent bands. There's no reason that someone working for a company the size of TNA should be paid that poorly.

Horrible. Great talent paid poorly in TNA.

merhardt03
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Show me where it proves they are poorly paid. I need to see it to believe!

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Show me where it proves they are poorly paid. I need to see it to believe!

It was just mentioned. Jeez keep up.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
It was just mentioned. Jeez keep up.

There should be a "Like" button added to this forum for moments like this.

merhardt03
03-08-2011, 05:51 PM
PW Torch??? How legit is that. Unless its documented straight out of TNA's financial department, then Ill believe it. Anyone can "report" any nonsense on those sites & people will buy into the spoon fed bullshit.

ICRAPINTHEURINAL
03-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I think you are missing the point.

These guys should be paid a bit more for the talent they put in the ring.

You're missing the point pal. Just as merhart03 stated, you are basing your stats off of unofficial websites & rumors. They aint called "dirt sheets" for nothing. People like you are what I call smarks. You dont know the actual stats of financial quotas, therefore youre going off rumors. Wheres the like button for this post assclown!

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Further reading:

You're missing the point pal. Just as merhart03 stated, you are basing your stats off of unofficial websites & rumors. They aint called "dirt sheets" for nothing. People like you are what I call smarks. You dont know the actual stats of financial quotas, therefore youre going off rumors. Wheres the like button for this post assclown!

I guess people find it extremely hard to look back a page or two.

I pity you. Especially how you mimic another user.

ICRAPINTHEURINAL
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM

Further reading:

I guess people find it extremely hard to look back a page or two.

I pity you. Especially how you mimic another user.

I read all the pages, so before you continue to open your mouth & look like more of a fool based on assumptions, look at the fine print in bold italics. It may paint a picture but there is not a definite confirmation of annual wages earned. What what?

Not only that but IPITS is a damn legend. Mimicry is a form of flattery. Its done out of respect. What what?

Necroyeti
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
At least those articles cited several sources. It certainly seems more reliable than the internet forum marks who try to defend TNA with circular reasoning and shoddy grammar.

Also, URINAL, that's not what a smark is.

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
At least those articles cited several sources. It certainly seems more reliable than the internet forum marks who try to defend TNA with circular reasoning and shoddy grammar.

Also, URINAL, that's not what a smark is.

This.

And we can use our HEADS on how their financial stuff is kinda flawed.

ICRAPINTHEURINAL
03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I can assure you that my grammar is just fine buddy. I likely know more about the english language than the vast majority of you fools. I majored in an english grammar course in 2009. What what. Sorry but you are the defintion of a smark. I understand you & my pale friend Mr. Ghost, the ex-cop, are in what I call denial. What what?

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I can assure you that my grammar is just fine buddy. I likely know more about the english language than the vast majority of you fools. I majored in an english grammar course in 2009. What what. Sorry but you are the defintion of a smark. I understand you & my pale friend Mr. Ghost, the ex-cop, are in what I call denial. What what?

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4619686/Im-one-bad-ass-internet-tough-guy-Am-i-cool-yet.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Ignorant-Movie-Fan

merhardt03
03-08-2011, 06:20 PM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4619686/Im-one-bad-ass-internet-tough-guy-Am-i-cool-yet.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Ignorant-Movie-Fan

HAHAHA. I did not know my post would've elicited such a heated argument out of ICITU. lol

SilverGhost
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
HAHAHA. I did not know my post would've elicited such a heated argument out of ICITU. lol

At least you and I had a discussion.

The IPITS failed experimental clone just decided to be like the guy in the pic.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 06:23 PM

Maybe they should have a "Holy hell, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about" button for comments like this. A "quota" is a number that someone is required to meet. Like if you work in a shoe store and have to sell a certain amount. A quota is not someone's salary. Maybe you should learn the meaning of a word before using it. If you want something straight from the wrestlers, you can consult Chuck Palumbo, who stated that the average midcarder makes less than $500 per night before taxes and paying for their own hotel and travel. (Before you even go there: yes, I'm aware that Chuck has not wrestled for TNA. But I'm also sure that you're aware that many of his friends have.) Velvet Sky also stated that she is one of the higher paid Knock Outs and makes between $300 and $600 a night.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
I read all the pages, so before you continue to open your mouth & look like more of a fool based on assumptions, look at the fine print in bold italics. It may paint a picture but there is not a definite confirmation of annual wages earned. What what?

Not only that but IPITS is a damn legend. Mimicry is a form of flattery. Its done out of respect. What what?

My goodness. "What what?" may be the gayest thing I've read all day. I had to cover my asshole after reading that.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 06:28 PM

I'm glad it did. Some stupidity is aggravating. Retardation, on the other hand, can be pretty damn entertaining.

Rich Cranium
03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
well u are in the uk lol....i ordered stuff from them here in usa and i get it withing 4 days of ordering....but interntational shippin is always a hasttle...

I always thought you were British, could of sworn I saw you mention you were in the UK at one point. I've learned something new today! ;)

johnadah
03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I always thought you were British, could of sworn I saw you mention you were in the UK at one point. I've learned something new today! ;)

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Rich Cranium
03-08-2011, 06:46 PM

Hooked on Phonics doesn't count as majoring in English Grammer!

Thanks, GI Joe! ;)

johnadah
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Hooked on Phonics doesn't count as majoring in English Grammer!

Thanks, GI Joe! ;)

You also don't "major" in English by taking a course. You go to a fucking college and earn a degree after taking a shit ton of other courses. Jeeze, these people.

HCollins-TNA1
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm sure TNA breaks even if not a little bit above or below..... But one thing is they are a company with a parent company Panda Energy, in which I'm sure their finicial earnings are posted and recorded and is somewhere to be found????
Next I don't know much about TNA's deal with Universal Studios other then they isn't allow to charge attendance!!! But I'm sure they get a small cut or something??? As well as merichidace and consession sales in the Impact Zone!!!!
Then I would think they make some hefty money from house shows..... As well as sales.....
Then one can't forget advertisements on TV!!!! I bet as much as you see that Date A Cougar commerical that some of the advertisers pay millions of dollars to TNA!!!! Also remember a few years they had deals with 5 Hour Energy, The Van Zant brothers in which they advertised on their ring aporns!!!!

johnadah
03-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm sure TNA breaks even if not a little bit above or below..... But one thing is they are a company with a parent company Panda Energy, in which I'm sure their finicial earnings are posted and recorded and is somewhere to be found????
Next I don't know much about TNA's deal with Universal Studios other then they isn't allow to charge attendance!!! But I'm sure they get a small cut or something??? As well as merichidace and consession sales in the Impact Zone!!!!
Then I would think they make some hefty money from house shows..... As well as sales.....
Then one can't forget advertisements on TV!!!! I bet as much as you see that Date A Cougar commerical that some of the advertisers pay millions of dollars to TNA!!!! Also remember a few years they had deals with 5 Hour Energy, The Van Zant brothers in which they advertised on their ring aporns!!!!

Two quick points I would like to make:

(1) That has basically all been said already, with the exception to the fact that we did not name the specific sponsors, though sponsors were mentioned.

(2) I don't even care how poor you spelling or grammar was because you don't sound like a complete jackass like some of the other people that we've been jawing with on here. Then again, this is the first post I've ever seen of yours. Nonetheless, congrats!

CobraNightviper
03-08-2011, 07:51 PM
G.I.JOE!!!one of my all time favorites.

The New Guy
03-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Two quick points I would like to make:

(1) That has basically all been said already, with the exception to the fact that we did not name the specific sponsors, though sponsors were mentioned.

(2) I don't even care how poor you spelling or grammar was because you don't sound like a complete jackass like some of the other people that we've been jawing with on here. Then again, this is the first post I've ever seen of yours. Nonetheless, congrats!

This is the perfect response :)

Lowki
03-08-2011, 08:37 PM

Yeah lol but still, i recieved some supplements from the US in three days and it took TNA months to not bother contacting or send the stuff at all :P
--
Hcollins is a big TNA fan from what i've read so for him to say what he did honestly is a breath of fresh air. He's not come on here denying anything or diverting the argument/denying facts he's actually added to the general conversation so for that, Kudos. I doubt they get millions in sponsors though. You are thinking of Stacker-2, 6 hour energy (7% market share) as TNA sponsor. 5hour energy is a brand by Living essentials and employs 99 people (Leading energy shot brand with 78% market share). NVE Pharmaceuticals is Stackers owners; they earn around $10million-$20million per year. Morphoplex were the main sponsors during TNAs early days.
--
To, Mr I copy IPITS and the other guy with a name i don't really remember right now;
There must be some truth to this [http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent] article that was posted before because taylor wilde retweeted it;
http://twitter.com/#!/Vye23/status/35405552209104896

You can say she is bitter or whatever but she gave an interview not long before this with the Sun in the UK. (Yes ryan clark cries because it's a Rupert Murdoch/news corp owned tabloid newspaper that 'makes stuff up' but this interview did in fact take place.)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3340705/Sexy-TNA-star-Taylor-Wilde-quits-wrestling.html
The news report stems from this podcast; http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-one-sided-ring/id355808367 which took place in dec 2010/jan 2011 and was released on the 9th (she was self-admittedly in the UK at this time too) http://twitter.com/#!/TaylorWilde/status/21845396183584769

In the caged interview she says this;

I only stopped working crapping day jobs about a month ago, and they all had varying degrees of being pooptastic. But a single incident at my last part-time job enables it to win the award for being the worst. I was working at Sunglass Hut at a mall in Mississauga, a job that could be maintained by a monkey, so standing around for six hours earning minimum wage wasn’t the issue. But after serving this one customer for an extended period of time he ever so politely uttered, “Aren’t you the TNA Woman’s Knockout Champion?” I handed in my resignation that day. I‘m not that broke. There is nothing cool about trying to obtain some form of superstar status while simultaneously slaving to help people find a new pair of Gucci sunglasses.
This is the source they used to get their info;
http://juiceboxdotcom.com/worst-mondays-with-taylor-wilde/

This interview is legit as the band are good friends with taylor as seen on tweets to them -
http://twitter.com/#!/TaylorWilde/status/40587027393019904
http://twitter.com/#!/TaylorWilde/status/34310294352171008

http://twitter.com/#!/juiceboxdotcom - proof that it's them she's talking too.
There's enough proof that she did actually have a second job WHILST she was TNA KO Champion.

johnadah
03-08-2011, 08:56 PM
(1)Hcollins is a big TNA fan from what i've read so for him to say what he did honestly is a breath of fresh air. He's not come on here denying anything or diverting the argument/denying facts he's actually added to the general conversation so for that, Kudos. I doubt they get millions in sponsors though. You are thinking of Stacker-2, 6 hour energy (7% market share) as TNA sponsor. 5hour energy is a brand by Living essentials and employs 99 people (Leading energy shot brand with 78% market share). NVE Pharmaceuticals is Stackers owners; they earn around $10million-$20million per year. Morphoplex were the main sponsors during TNAs early days.

(2) To, Mr I copy IPITS and the other guy with a name i don't really remember right now;
There must be some truth to this [http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent] article that was posted before because taylor wilde retweeted it;
http://twitter.com/#!/Vye23/status/35405552209104896

(1) I'm pretty sure TNA got a chunk out of the spots with 6 Hour Power. Since Kurt is one of their stars and they used his in ring footage and intro music, I'm sure they had to pay TNA a good bit of change.

(2) I love you right now.

HCollins-TNA1
03-09-2011, 12:39 AM
from wikipedia which i know is sometimes untrustworthy........
"On October 31, 2002, Panda Energy created the (limited liability company) TNA Entertainment in order to administer TNA"

HCollins-TNA1
03-09-2011, 12:48 AM
TNA isn't a publicly traded company like WWE. So they don't release their earnings.

TNA isn't but there parent company Panda Energy is and has to release earnings and such.....
As well one got to wonder how many big name TNA stars signed exclusive deals with Panda Energy???? I remember last year when Flair signed he supposedly was signed by Bob Carter his-self???

Lowki
03-09-2011, 06:20 AM
(1) I'm pretty sure TNA got a chunk out of the spots with 6 Hour Power. Since Kurt is one of their stars and they used his in ring footage and intro music, I'm sure they had to pay TNA a good bit of change.

(2) I love you right now.

haha cheers man. Yeah they probably got quite a bit from it, but i don't think it would be millions like someone stated before. The perks of being a student is never to trust anything unless it's properly sourced which explains why i was so thorough.

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't think TNA's financial situation is very healthy. They pay obscene amount of money to gys like the Hardys, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischof etc, their ratings aren't very high, ppv buy rates are low. They can't be in a good place.

HCollins-TNA1
03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't think TNA's financial situation is very healthy. They pay obscene amount of money to gys like the Hardys, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischof etc, their ratings aren't very high, ppv buy rates are low. They can't be in a good place.

As long as they got Panda Energy and SpikeTV helping with paying certain guys...... I think it really don't matter!!!!

Bodom
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
As long as they got Panda Energy and SpikeTV.

Pretty much this. As long as Panda Energy remains a majority share holder and Spike keeps TNA on TV, they're in OK shape.

Rich Cranium
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM

Yeah, he must have really lived the jet flyin, limo ridin, kiss stealing, wheelin dealin lifestyle!

As long as they got Panda Energy and SpikeTV helping with paying certain guys...... I think it really don't matter!!!!

Without Panda, where would they be? /rhetorical question

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Without Panda, where would they be? /rhetorical question

They would be-gone!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Pretty much this. As long as Panda Energy remains a majority share holder and Spike keeps TNA on TV, they're in OK shape.

It was said a few years back SpikeTV helps with lots of high paying contracts..... Sting, Hogan, Angle, and etc......
It also a well known fact Panda energy is TNAs parent company thus they feeding the TNA to keep it alive and probably will as long as Dixie wants to... Which might be forever judging on her passion for the business!!!!

Lowki
03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
It was said a few years back SpikeTV helps with lots of high paying contracts..... Sting, Hogan, Angle, and etc......
It also a well known fact Panda energy is TNAs parent company thus they feeding the TNA to keep it alive and probably will as long as Dixie wants to... Which might be forever judging on her passion for the business!!!!
I wouldn't say passion but she loves it like she would a pet.

johnadah
03-10-2011, 12:49 AM
haha cheers man. Yeah they probably got quite a bit from it, but i don't think it would be millions like someone stated before. The perks of being a student is never to trust anything unless it's properly sourced which explains why i was so thorough.

I definitely don't think they got millions out of the deal with Angle. But I wouldn't be surprised if they received at least 1MM or more for the time that they had the 6 Hour Power ads on their ring.