PDA

View Full Version : Do you think TNA should drop one or tow Pay Per Views????

HCollins-TNA1
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Was just reading where Eric Bischoff say TNA should drop a Pay Per View or two!!!!
Where most fans don't like the crappy booking in both WWE and TNA of PPVs.....

I think it would be a good idea for both TNA and WWE to drop 2 or 3 PPVs and look for alternatives... With the Internet playing a huge role of how wrestling fans view PPVs it so many options that should be consider like lowering the price of certain PPVs to make it affordable to buy or risk not meeting the demand per household!!!!

Bodom
03-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Supposedly (according to Dixie) TNA has a contractual obligation to 12 PPV's. But they could certainly benefit from having less PPV's (WWE as well).

THEKEVINBRAND
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Supposedly (according to Dixie) TNA has a contractual obligation to 12 PPV's. But they could certainly benefit from having less PPV's (WWE as well).

12 PPVs is kind of better than WWE's 16

BackDaFoosleUp
03-07-2011, 01:12 AM

Actually WWE has 12 also, but i guess 12 PPVs is better than 12 PPVs

THEKEVINBRAND
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Actually WWE has 12 also, but i guess 12 PPVs is better than 12 PPVs

sorry 13 actually with some airing within the same month (Extreme Rules and Over the Limit air on May 1 and 22 respectively and then Hell in a Cell air on October 2 and 23 respectively)

Necroyeti
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM

I like ROH's way of doing things - 4 or 5 PPVs spread out over the year, but making up for it by releasing something like 20+ DVDs a yeaar (most of them good)

THEKEVINBRAND
03-07-2011, 01:24 AM

I like ROH's way of doing things - 4 or 5 PPVs spread out over the year, but making up for it by releasing something like 20+ DVDs a yeaar (most of them good)

i corrected myself after

Incubus_99
03-07-2011, 02:20 AM
lesse PPVs are a great idea....sometimes you have a gap of only 3 weeks until the next PPV...therefore the main storylines are mainly rushed into...lesser PPVs means more time for building up feuds and storylines...

Justdawg08
03-07-2011, 05:55 AM
PPV is typically the best thing to watch when your a wrestling fan... so no... I'm not going to cry about getting to watch a good wrestling show once a month...

Impact and RAW are nothing but teasers and 2 hour long commercials for PPVs...

so I'd rather watch a PPV since I don't pay for them anyways... better wrestling.. better commentating... better all around

jethro
03-07-2011, 07:06 AM
TNA want to do as many ppv as possible because they don't want to lose viewers,as long as they have the money to do it no complaint from me.

gokhanx99
03-07-2011, 07:57 AM
in the uk we get all tna ppv for free and about 5 or 6 wwe 1s for free its awesome

westy
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
I remember back in the day when WWF had a handful of PPVs. Now every month. But as one poster said. I do really enjoy TNA PPVs. They build the matches up well in Impact and you really do get a lot of wrestling in the PPV. People moan that Impact doesn't have much wrestling on, but again as another poster mentioned, Impact is to build the fued and storyline leading to the PPV. I say keep to the 12 or drop one. But the one you drop and have to wait 2 months for, should be the biggest PPV of the year!

Absolutely PERFECT!
03-07-2011, 09:52 AM
My problem, in my humble opinion, is this.
When I was a kid, along with a handful of you, feuds and angles lasted a year. Not 3 weeks. I know some do too these days but not many.
When we had the origionals that blossomed to the holy 4, Mania, Rumble,King of the Ring it broke down like this. MANIA of course was the best to watch where feuds culminated AND started, Summerslam was nice school break fun. RUMBLE WAS JUST THE rumble. Still my favorite and we watched king of the ring just to find out who the next king would be. Before they put main events on ppv cards that werent about singles matches. Those were the days. Waiting months for a title matcha nd getting gimmick ppv in between. Its so overaturated and watered down its sad. Sometimes they change titles on a mid year shitty ppv and not at mania. Then again once foley won it on free live t.v. It killed the ppv business for all time.

Rich Cranium
03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
When I was a kid, along with a handful of you, feuds and angles lasted a year. Not 3 weeks. I know some do too these days but not many.
When we had the origionals that blossomed to the holy 4, Mania, Rumble,King of the Ring it broke down like this. MANIA of course was the best to watch where feuds culminated AND started, Summerslam was nice school break fun. RUMBLE WAS JUST THE rumble. Still my favorite and we watched king of the ring just to find out who the next king would be. Before they put main events on ppv cards that werent about singles matches. Those were the days. Waiting months for a title matcha nd getting gimmick ppv in between. Its so overaturated and watered down its sad. Sometimes they change titles on a mid year shitty ppv and not at mania. Then again once foley won it on free live t.v. It killed the ppv business for all time.

I always enjoyed Survivors Series as well!

Absolutely PERFECT!
03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Right!?
HOGAN,DEMOLITION AND ROBERTS? Really!?
Awesome just plain awesome. Go back and look at the cards some time. Besides blatantly showing that the beginning of the attitude era killed it, you will be shocked to see so many HOFamers and future inductees as well as some guys that are gone, well a lot of those, and some you may have forgotten.
Roddy's Rowdies. THE TEAMSTERS etc.
I'm gonna cry again

Reloval
03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Business aspect and Money generated aside:

TNA should have 4, WWE should have 6. Though they should have a couple "Supershows" a few times a year.

Rich Cranium
03-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Business aspect and Money generated aside:

TNA should have 4, WWE should have 6. Though they should have a couple "Supershows" a few times a year.

Supershow as in a 3 hour Raw?

Lance Storm
03-07-2011, 02:28 PM

I can't say it any better. This is the truth.

Reloval
03-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Supershow as in a 3 hour Raw?

More like Saturday Night Main events. A three hour raw would work two, but have it more like a PPV lineup with more planned Wrestling and less talking. Kinda of like how TNA did the "Whole FN Show" special.

HCollins-TNA1
03-07-2011, 06:42 PM
sorry 13 actually with some airing within the same month (Extreme Rules and Over the Limit air on May 1 and 22 respectively and then Hell in a Cell air on October 2 and 23 respectively)

and talking about having another PPV 14?????
Lower the freaking prices on 10 of them, make them affordable instead $30 or $40...
I can unstand the big 4 being $40 or more..

HCollins-TNA1
03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
The trouble with the WWE they want to repackage their PPVS.... Make them more with gimmick matches.... WWE should build around thier 4 big PPVsmaybe have 6 or so smaller PPVs building up a feud or such and have no feud last no more then 3 months unless it popular or adds to the story... esp within the mid-card..

With TNA they need to create there big 4 they aready have Bound For Glory, Slammivisiary, and Lockdown.... then drop 2 PPVs say their December and January PPV and do like a Clash of the Champions or Saturday Night Main Event but take it on the road and live!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Don't you mean 5..... as others have pointed out....
Survivor Series.....
only PPVs i got tired of was then In your House they just got lame and filled with certain gimmicks!!!!

Rich Cranium
03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Don't you mean 5..... as others have pointed out....
Survivor Series.....
only PPVs i got tired of was then In your House they just got lame and filled with certain gimmicks!!!!

Wasn't In Your House originally like every month that the main PPV's were not?

HCollins-TNA1
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Wasn't In Your House originally like every month that the main PPV's were not?

Yeah I think the 1st In your House was in 1995??? It was held the other 7 months of the year in between the big 5 then!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Which they lead to become most of the what was the modern PPVs....
BackLash, No Way Out, Amarggaden and etc....

Trips88
03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Agreed. Both brands should have less PPV's!

gokhanx99
03-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah I think the 1st In your House was in 1995??? It was held the other 7 months of the year in between the big 5 then!!!!

no i sware in brett hearts book he mentions them before 1995 in fact i know he did. like mini ppvs befor raw was created

Justdawg08
03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure In Your House and PPV are the same things... In Your House was simply the name of the PPVs with a little side tag on it.